Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 78 of 78
Like Tree24Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

  1. #61
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,366
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahwatukee View Post
    * The voice of bridegroom and bride will never be heard in you again.
    This one jumped out at me.... sounds very much like a church setting doesn't it.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  2. #62
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,366
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Here Ahwatukee....


    (Rev 18)

    V15-18: "The merchants of these things, who became rich by her, will stand at a distance for fear of her torment, weeping and wailing, and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great city that was clothed in fine linen, purple, and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls! For in one hour such great riches came to nothing.’ Every shipmaster, all who travel by ship, sailors, and as many as trade on the sea, stood at a distance and cried out when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, ‘What is like this great city?’

    V19: “They threw dust on their heads and cried out, weeping and wailing, and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great city, in which all who had ships on the sea became rich by her wealth! For in one hour she is made desolate.’

    Seems they believed she was invincible. Their response is extreme... weeping, wailing, throwing dust on their heads.


    V20: “Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you holy apostles and prophets, for God has avenged you on her!”

    This confirms she persecuted the saints who are now in Heaven, as well as those who are still living. They are being told to rejoice. "God has avenged you on her" - seems that only the saints will rejoice over this incident, while those in the world grieve, so this is further confirmation.
    Last edited by Katy-follower; May 15th, 2017 at 03:41 AM.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  3. #63
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,366
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahwatukee View Post
    From scripture I personally believe that the headquarters of the woman who sits on seven hills is going to be nuked by the beast and the ten kings
    An example of how God uses one evil to destroy another evil.

    So you think this destruction will be isolated to Vatican city itself, not the entire city of Rome..
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  4. #64
    Senior Member Ahwatukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2015
    Age
    60
    Posts
    5,473
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    100

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy-follower View Post
    An example of how God uses one evil to destroy another evil.

    So you think this destruction will be isolated to Vatican city itself, not the entire city of Rome..
    Well I believe that the Vatican, the prostitutes headquarters, will be what is destroyed and most likely the majority of Rome as well.

    The meaning behind the kings who commit adultery with the woman and the inhabitants being intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries in Rev.17:2, is speaking figuratively of engaging in her idolatrous practices. The definition of the word in the figurative sense means "one who is being unfaithful to Christ while proclaiming to be his true follower."

    I believe that when that antichrist is revealed he will put the pope back into power, the power that she once had and still desires, but will extend over the entire world. I believe that what will draw in all of the other pseudo christian sects, will be the miracles, signs and wonders that the false prophet/pope will perform and which will be for the purpose of giving authentication of the first beast who will be proclaiming himself as being God.
    Katy-follower likes this.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control ...

    I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit ...

    This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit ....

  5. #65
    Senior Member Ahwatukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2015
    Age
    60
    Posts
    5,473
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    100

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy-follower View Post
    Here Ahwatukee....


    (Rev 18)

    V15-18: "The merchants of these things, who became rich by her, will stand at a distance for fear of her torment, weeping and wailing, and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great city that was clothed in fine linen, purple, and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls! For in one hour such great riches came to nothing.’ Every shipmaster, all who travel by ship, sailors, and as many as trade on the sea, stood at a distance and cried out when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, ‘What is like this great city?’

    V19: “They threw dust on their heads and cried out, weeping and wailing, and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great city, in which all who had ships on the sea became rich by her wealth! For in one hour she is made desolate.’

    Seems they believed she was invincible. Their response is extreme... weeping, wailing, throwing dust on their heads.


    V20: “Rejoice over her, O heaven, and you holy apostles and prophets, for God has avenged you on her!”

    This confirms she persecuted the saints who are now in Heaven, as well as those who are still living. They are being told to rejoice. "God has avenged you on her" - seems that only the saints will rejoice over this incident, while those in the world grieve, so this is further confirmation.
    Yeah, you know what's going on girl. Yes, the fact that scripture says "I saw the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints" would infer that she will be responsible for their shed blood. Yeah her attitude is that, she thinks she's is all that and bag of chips. "I sit as a queen! I will never mourn." Yet, in one hour she will be destroyed.

    She's thee counterfeit church. To me her paganism is being displayed right out in the open for all to see. Besides all of the other obvious departures from the truth, have you ever wondered about how this institution who is claiming to be the true church of Christ could have a pagan obelisk sitting right out on the front porch of the Vatican? There is absolutely no excuse, no apologetic to be able to justify an object that was most likely used for sun worship or some other type of worship in ancient Egypt, which is where it came from. Yet there is over 1.2 billion people who don't seem too concerned about it.
    Katy-follower likes this.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control ...

    I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit ...

    This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit ....

  6. #66
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,366
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    The scripture that keeps coming to mind too is "come out of her MY people, lest you partake of her sins and receive of her plagues" - this is V4 (prior to the fall of the City), so a warning is being given, before this happens. The "MY people" suggests there are some true believers who have not yet come out of that system (for whatever reason) and this could also be referring to the ecumenical movement also.

    Emphasis here on plagues... I wonder if this event will happen on a specific day when the ecumenical group are gathered, and that God has appointed this specific day, in which those involved (who do not come out of) will suffer the same plagues that are to come... so all who are involved in it. The plagues are mentioned in V8: "Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her"


    But the pope would not be in Rome at the time this happens, as the final two remain alive until they are cast into the fire (edit: if the belief is that A pope is one of the two mentioned in the last days)
    Last edited by Katy-follower; May 15th, 2017 at 04:39 AM.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  7. #67
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,366
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahwatukee View Post
    Besides all of the other obvious departures from the truth
    I don't believe she ever departed from truth... she never seemed to have it.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  8. #68
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,366
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post
    The beast is a Satan powered king [therefore a man], who has had a terrible head wound,
    has disappeared, and will publicly reappear, and amaze the world.

    Rev 13:3: "And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast"

    I've always believed this wound to be the Lateran treaty in 1929 (the birth of the Vatican State). "A Lateran treaty was signed in 1929 between the Italian Government and the Vatican re-establishing the political power and diplomatic standing of the Catholic Church, which had been lost when Italy seized Rome, the last of the Papal States, on September 20th, 1870"



    Here's a snippet from a post I did back in 2012. Interesting because I said back then that Pope Benedict XI would either step down or die. Turns out he did resign. But I based it on this scripture...

    Revelations 17:9-11: "There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition"


    There have been 7 kings (popes) since the Lateran treaty. Pope Francis is the 8th.

    Pius XI
    Pius XII
    John XXIII
    Paul VI
    John Paul I
    John Paul II
    Benedict XI (a short time)
    Pope Francis (is of the 7)
    vic1980 likes this.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2016
    Age
    73
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    tanakh
    you said it better than I. I should have said Nations to mean the Beast.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2016
    Age
    73
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Ahwatukee

    The Beast spoken of in Rev. 13 is not the Antichrist These are Nations together such as The One World Order. Verse two tells you where the Beast gets his Power. That would be the Antichrist.

  11. #71
    Senior Member vic1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2013
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,111
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy-follower View Post
    As I stated in my other post, there were 4 colors given by God, to be worn by the priests in Israel - gold, blue, purple and scarlet (Exodus 28). This color blue is not mentioned in Rev 17:4, therefore it cannot be Jerusalem.
    I remember this very important detail, that you shared on my thread , Jerusalem is not mystery babylon. So long ago but yet still stands as truth

    Shalom
    Katy-follower likes this.
    Very good reminder...

    1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

    &

    Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

    The carnal mind hates truth & judgement, and leans unto its own understanding. The mind of the spirit, loves truth and being decreased in the carnal, is to be increased in Christ.

  12. #72
    Senior Member vic1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2013
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,111
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy-follower View Post
    Rev 13:3: "And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast"

    I've always believed this wound to be the Lateran treaty in 1929 (the birth of the Vatican State). "A Lateran treaty was signed in 1929 between the Italian Government and the Vatican re-establishing the political power and diplomatic standing of the Catholic Church, which had been lost when Italy seized Rome, the last of the Papal States, on September 20th, 1870"



    Here's a snippet from a post I did back in 2012. Interesting because I said back then that Pope Benedict XI would either step down or die. Turns out he did resign. But I based it on this scripture...

    Revelations 17:9-11: "There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition"


    There have been 7 kings (popes) since the Lateran treaty. Pope Francis is the 8th.

    Pius XI
    Pius XII
    John XXIII
    Paul VI
    John Paul I
    John Paul II
    Benedict XI (a short time)
    Pope Francis (is of the 7)
    Saddens me that , there are so many teachers , that point belivers into another direction from this truth. Happend to me aswell . Hope many will see the truth that is written in your post .
    Very good reminder...

    1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

    &

    Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

    The carnal mind hates truth & judgement, and leans unto its own understanding. The mind of the spirit, loves truth and being decreased in the carnal, is to be increased in Christ.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,366
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Quote Originally Posted by vic1980 View Post
    Saddens me that , there are so many teachers , that point belivers into another direction from this truth. Happend to me aswell . Hope many will see the truth that is written in your post .
    Don't take my word for it though. I could be wrong on this, but certainly the number of kings seem to match the number of popes since the treaty. So it looks to be a fit.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  14. #74
    Senior Member vic1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2013
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,111
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy-follower View Post
    Don't take my word for it though. I could be wrong on this, but certainly the number of kings seem to match the number of popes since the treaty. So it looks to be a fit.
    No worries God Words points us to vatican kings.
    Katy-follower likes this.
    Very good reminder...

    1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

    &

    Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

    The carnal mind hates truth & judgement, and leans unto its own understanding. The mind of the spirit, loves truth and being decreased in the carnal, is to be increased in Christ.

  15. #75
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    24,098
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    221

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahwatukee View Post
    I have always believed that one of the future popes will play the part of the false prophet. Taking into consideration the devotion of over 1.2 billion Catholics, you can imagine what is going to happen when that future pope/false prophet begins to perform those miracles, signs and wonders for the purpose of authenticating the claim of the first beast as being God. These signs that he will perform will pull in all of the pseudo christian sects during that time such as Mormonism, JW, Scientology, Christian science, Unification church, etc., etc. The first deception will be when that first beast receives that fatal wound and survives.

    It's pretty amazing that though this information is written right in the word of God, many will still be deceived because of the position of the pope/false prophet and they will worship the beast, his image and receive his mark because they will follow him without question.
    Imagine that..we agree hah The two horns one higher than the other represent a reunified Roman Catholic and Greek Orthodox pseudo religion that embraces and points all to worship the idol of the beast

  16. #76
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,366
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Quote Originally Posted by vic1980 View Post
    No worries
    Are you British, or have you been spending too much time with us in the forums
    vic1980 likes this.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2017
    Age
    47
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Very interesting topic. This is my first post, as I am new here. Great to see tempers remaining calm with the differences of opinions. But this is a Christian site, so I'm glad that is the case.

    I won't go into detail about who I agree with or disagree with, because I don't plan on being here during the time the beast is revealed. (And that is another topic all together, isn't it? )

    So please allow me to just say, I'm glad I found this site, and I look forward to getting to know you all!

    {1 John 1:7 - But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.}
    Last edited by grif101; May 18th, 2017 at 01:10 PM.
    Katy-follower likes this.

  18. #78
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,366
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Pope Francis: "In my own name"...

    Quote Originally Posted by grif101 View Post
    Very interesting topic. This is my first post, as I am new here. Great to see tempers remaining calm with the differences of opinions. But this is a Christian site, so I'm glad that is the case.

    I won't go into detail about who I agree with or disagree with, because I don't plan on being here during the time the beast is revealed. (And that is another topic all together, isn't it? )

    So please allow me to just say, I'm glad I found this site, and I look forward to getting to know you all!

    {1 John 1:7 - But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.}
    Welcome to CC!!

    Well, still would welcome your input here. Most of us share in the bible discussion forum, if you want to check it out. And there are probably multiple rapture threads from all the years, lol.

    Lovely scripture. Thanks for sharing
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"



    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 24th, 2017, 06:57 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 9th, 2014, 07:11 PM
  3. Pope Francis + Tony Palmer say, "Protestant Movement is Dead" -an SDA response
    By UriahSmith1844 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2014, 09:29 AM
  4. "interview with Pope Francis"
    By zone in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 20th, 2013, 10:09 AM
  5. "Who Is Pope Francis I?" with Michel Chossudovsky
    By zone in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2013, 11:58 PM