Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69
Like Tree96Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

  1. #41
    Senior Member Billyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2014
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,862
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    I have no problem dropping a deer or turkey in one of my food plots......or a rabbit or a few "bushy tails" etc....no way will I eat lab grown meat from stem cells......I will eat beans and rice for the rest of my life if I have to.....
    Agree with you about eating lab grown meat from stem cells.

    Just curious. Are your food plots like most around here? We usually plant and fertilize grass, supplement it with corn or apple flavored corn, and peas. We also have supplemental mineral plots that we don't hunt from. Some people go as far as using range pellets. Most of our feed and seed stores cater heavily to managed deer plots.

    It's hard to find truly "organic" deer and other game around here. lol
    2 Peter 1:5 Because you have these blessings, do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge; 6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God; 7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love.

  2. #42
    Senior Member JosephsDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2015
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    You can say that, but we will add another billion people to the planet by 2030. By 2100, we will br approaching 12 billion inhabitants. We are not gaining anymore land.
    True. But if we ate less we would incur fewer costs on our health care system and forestall what is coming regardless. It's a better world to leave to our kids. We are just stewards of Gods earth, even though we talk and act like we own it.
    Miri likes this.
    Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
    John 8:32

    And now these three remain; faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    1 Cor. 13:13


    Give ​peas a chance !



  3. #43
    Senior Member JosephsDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2015
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,668
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    I mentioned on this site a few months in the health forum, I think, that my friend who is a fairly well-known nutritionist was invited to a world food conference in NYC back in, I think it was January.

    Long story short, the plans they laid out for the general public and their foods in the future are chilling. Not that far off either, maybe another 10 years. And as always, the people with less money are going to suffer the most.

    This stem cell meat concoction may be part of. I don't know. My friend did not mention the stem cell food plan to me.
    So I do not think they mentioned it at this conference, but I am not sure.

    I am going to ask him next time I speak to him.

    The bottom line for me, even if I ate meat and this stem cell meat was cheap, and I felt I was helping the planet, I still would not touch it for the first 10 to 15 years. I would want to see studies on how it may be possibly adversely affecting people. I may be Italian, but I am no guinea pig.
    Miri likes this.
    Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
    John 8:32

    And now these three remain; faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    1 Cor. 13:13


    Give ​peas a chance !



  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2017
    Age
    48
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    I have no problem dropping a deer or turkey in one of my food plots......or a rabbit or a few "bushy tails" etc....no way will I eat lab grown meat from stem cells......I will eat beans and rice for the rest of my life if I have to.....
    I usually have a freezer full of deer meat. ( Legally obtained) I can't think of a healthier source of meat.

    In answer to the original question, no, absolutely not.
    dcontroversal likes this.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2017
    Age
    48
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    I'm curious, in the US do you have organic and free range food to chose from?
    We do in the UK. It use to be very expensive but the price gap isn't that big anymore.
    I think more and more people are turning to it.
    Yes, we have a choice as well. Organic does tend to be more expensive.
    Miri likes this.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2017
    Age
    48
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    I thought that was the Chinese

    Hey you never know, in years to come dog, might be the only healthy source of
    meat on the planet!
    that's when I'll become vegan.
    Miri and Billyd like this.

  7. #47
    Yahweh_is_gracious
    Guest

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    It's kind of frightening to think what will come of food sources in the future as the population of the planet continues to swell. I'm certainly glad I am learning how to tend a garden to produce food, because something in the back of my mind says that being able to garden will be a very useful skill - access to high quality, non-GMO, organic produce.
    Miri, JosephsDreams and grif101 like this.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2017
    Age
    48
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by Yahweh_is_gracious View Post
    It's kind of frightening to think what will come of food sources in the future as the population of the planet continues to swell. I'm certainly glad I am learning how to tend a garden to produce food, because something in the back of my mind says that being able to garden will be a very useful skill - access to high quality, non-GMO, organic produce.
    You're right. I'm guilty of not making the effort. I really should.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,612
    Rep Power
    147

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by Yahweh_is_gracious View Post
    My initial reply was flippant, and I hope people understand I was joking in my own particular, sick fashion.

    ...even though I DO eat SPAM and such. Hey, get off my back about it!

    Would I eat lab-grown meat? NO. No I would not. Although I am not any shining example of how to eat properly, I do much better than most people I know, and that is clearly evidenced every time I go grocery shopping. My cart is filled with basic ingredients and I prepare meals from scratch at home, while most others I see are piling mounds of frozen dinners and packaged/processed foods into their carts. I try to adhere to the axiom of "If I can't pronounce it, then it has no business going into my body", and I use that when I check the ingredient list on a product. If it sounds chemical, it is, and it's not good eats. Now, I don't have a lot of credibility saying these things, since I look on the scale and must peer OVER the crest of my pot belly to see the number on the scale and do the math in my head to see I am still about 70 pounds overweight, but my biggest issue is not WHAT I eat so much as it is HOW MUCH I eat, and HOW LITTLE exercise I get or get access to with my living situation. So yes, a fat little bugger like me is pontificating about eating right. Deal with it.
    ========================================
    'WOW, you are well in your way to accepting/appreciating your 'gift of life' than so many that are not'!...

    may our Precious Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, bless you and yours with His joy and peace...

  10. #50
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,794
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    264

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
    Agree with you about eating lab grown meat from stem cells.

    Just curious. Are your food plots like most around here? We usually plant and fertilize grass, supplement it with corn or apple flavored corn, and peas. We also have supplemental mineral plots that we don't hunt from. Some people go as far as using range pellets. Most of our feed and seed stores cater heavily to managed deer plots.

    It's hard to find truly "organic" deer and other game around here. lol
    I plant food plots of ladino and red clovers....keep fertilized, limed and re-seed every couple of years, keep the weeds bush hogged out and if it gets too bad will use round up and start over......ummm....feed 50 pound bags of wheat, cracked corn and corn thru winter for deer and turkey and keep a good mineral lick for deer.....
    Billyd likes this.

  11. #51
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,794
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    264

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by grif101 View Post
    I usually have a freezer full of deer meat. ( Legally obtained) I can't think of a healthier source of meat.

    In answer to the original question, no, absolutely not.
    HAHAHAH well..........Deer is excellent and very lean AHHAH probably smoked about 100 with bow, crossbow, muzzleloader, deer rifle and shotgun with slugs in Arkansas, Missouri and Illinois
    grif101 likes this.

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,612
    Rep Power
    147

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    OK, let's all give our own interpretation of 'lab-grown-meat'...

    (chems without respect for human life=death, and I will eat it anyway!)
    or,
    I just like the TASTE?)
    or,
    Jesus has been speaking to my heart, in a big-way,-
    maybe it's time for me to start listening to Him in own special way,
    by observing/obeying what He wrote upon my heart?...
    Miri likes this.

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2017
    Age
    48
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    HAHAHAH well..........Deer is excellent and very lean AHHAH probably smoked about 100 with bow, crossbow, muzzleloader, deer rifle and shotgun with slugs in Arkansas, Missouri and Illinois
    Can't beat it! It's funny to me the mental block some people have regarding deer vs beef. I made chili and took extra to work one day. One man was so excited until I told him it was deer. He wouldn't even try it. Had nothing to do with taste, more cruelty in his mind how the deer was killed. The cows he eats regularly wouldn't agree with that.
    dcontroversal likes this.

  14. #54
    CaptainGoat
    Guest

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Gosh. They'll make laboratory made road kill next for those inclined to eat such meats!

  15. #55
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,794
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    264

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by grif101 View Post
    Can't beat it! It's funny to me the mental block some people have regarding deer vs beef. I made chili and took extra to work one day. One man was so excited until I told him it was deer. He wouldn't even try it. Had nothing to do with taste, more cruelty in his mind how the deer was killed. The cows he eats regularly wouldn't agree with that.
    I heard that for sure...........especially some fried tenderloin, fried potatoes and biscuits and gravy HAHAH
    Billyd and grif101 like this.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2017
    Age
    48
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    I heard that for sure...........especially some fried tenderloin, fried potatoes and biscuits and gravy HAHAH
    Oh my gosh..... That's the absolute best!
    dcontroversal likes this.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,612
    Rep Power
    147

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    CG,
    you can't be that niave,

    the walking dead will 'eat' whatever they can find...after the civil-war-starts...

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2017
    Age
    48
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by oldethennew View Post
    CG,
    you can't be that niave,

    the walking dead will 'eat' whatever they can find...after the civil-war-starts...
    What? You mean zombies???
    CaptainGoat likes this.

  19. #59
    CaptainGoat
    Guest

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    You mean zombies? Probably be zombies after eating labrotary meat!
    Miri, oldethennew, grif101 and 1 others like this.

  20. #60
    CaptainGoat
    Guest

    Default Re: Laboratory grown meat? Would you eat it

    Quote Originally Posted by grif101 View Post
    What? You mean zombies???
    S N A P !
    ---------------
    grif101 likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Home Grown Terrorism
    By WarriorHadassah in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 26th, 2015, 11:55 AM
  2. 'Zero tolerance': out - 'Grown-up discretion': in
    By Viligant_Warrior in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 25th, 2015, 03:13 PM
  3. Can someone please explain grown ups to me?
    By JFSurvivor in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: February 10th, 2015, 03:32 PM
  4. How have you grown?
    By Grace-Like-Rain in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: February 12th, 2014, 03:04 AM
  5. History is Theology’s Laboratory
    By RedTent in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 2nd, 2012, 12:24 AM