Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
Like Tree23Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Dreamers

  1. #1
    Senior Member Billyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2014
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,737
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Dreamers

    I hope that President Trump listens to Speaker Ryan on this one. It's time for Congress to make DACA permanent.

    House speaker urges Trump not to scrap 'Dreamers' immigration policy | Reuters
    2 Peter 1:5 Because you have these blessings, do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge; 6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God; 7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love.

  2. #2
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,153
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    148

    Default Re: Dreamers

    He should just make it so those that are already here under DACA can stay and continue receiving its benefits, and officially end the program so that illegals can't continue to come here with their kids hoping that obama's DACA program will take care of them.
    seed_time_harvest likes this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??

    "My heart is so hidden in hamburger grease that a woman has to eat fifty In-n-Out double-doubles to find me....."

  3. #3
    Senior Member Billyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2014
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,737
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    He should just make it so those that are already here under DACA can stay and continue receiving its benefits, and officially end the program so that illegals can't continue to come here with their kids hoping that obama's DACA program will take care of them.
    If the program is worth keeping, and I believe that we really need to take a close look at it, then Congress should pass a clean bill and put it on the presidents desk. Otherwise, I like your proposal.
    2 Peter 1:5 Because you have these blessings, do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge; 6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God; 7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2011
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,102
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    71

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
    If the program is worth keeping, and I believe that we really need to take a close look at it, then Congress should pass a clean bill and put it on the presidents desk. Otherwise, I like your proposal.
    Does the congress have to deal with this now?
    IF you do not realize that the rebirth took place in your spirit then it can be confusing to your mind worshiping GOD standing in front of a physical mirror.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2011
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,102
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    71

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
    If the program is worth keeping, and I believe that we really need to take a close look at it, then Congress should pass a clean bill and put it on the presidents desk. Otherwise, I like your proposal.
    It crossed my mind,what If Trumps base support doesn't like the bill congress proposes?
    IF you do not realize that the rebirth took place in your spirit then it can be confusing to your mind worshiping GOD standing in front of a physical mirror.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Billyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2014
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,737
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    Does the congress have to deal with this now?
    Why not? What's the big deal. Take a clean bill that provides a path to citizenship to those who are here by no fault of their own to the floor vote on it. If it passes both houses, put it on the president's desk.

    Congress would serve the people much better, if they would do the business of the people rather than stuff their pockets.
    2 Peter 1:5 Because you have these blessings, do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge; 6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God; 7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Billyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2014
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,737
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    It crossed my mind,what If Trumps base support doesn't like the bill congress proposes?
    Then President Trump will have to show that he is the president of people, not the patsy of special interests.
    seed_time_harvest likes this.
    2 Peter 1:5 Because you have these blessings, do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge; 6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God; 7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20,139
    Rep Power
    231

    Default Re: Dreamers

    We have to set emotionalism aside and realize this was a temporary thing that Obama threw up. It is not a law. And since ONLY Congress makes laws, it is Congress who will have to decide what to do with this mess we have gotten ourselves into.
    PennEd and stonesoffire like this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2011
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,102
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    71

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
    Why not? What's the big deal. Take a clean bill that provides a path to citizenship to those who are here by no fault of their own to the floor vote on it. If it passes both houses, put it on the president's desk.

    Congress would serve the people much better, if they would do the business of the people rather than stuff their pockets.
    Well said,but I should have said Is did Trump have to do this now?I mean couldn't he have just left It alone?
    IF you do not realize that the rebirth took place in your spirit then it can be confusing to your mind worshiping GOD standing in front of a physical mirror.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2011
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,102
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    71

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
    Then President Trump will have to show that he is the president of people, not the patsy of special interests.
    Trump Is known now as the divider In chief.
    IF you do not realize that the rebirth took place in your spirit then it can be confusing to your mind worshiping GOD standing in front of a physical mirror.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Billyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2014
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,737
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    Well said,but I should have said Is did Trump have to do this now?I mean couldn't he have just left It alone?
    No, technically he can't. President Obama's order was unconstitutional, and also expired. Congress has a job to do. Stop blaming their inability to do their job on the president.
    hornetguy and preacher4truth like this.
    2 Peter 1:5 Because you have these blessings, do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge; 6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God; 7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love.

  12. #12
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,049
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    Trump Is known now as the divider In chief.

    No, that would be the leftists, the media, and those who repeat that lie.
    hornetguy likes this.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20,139
    Rep Power
    231

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    Well said,but I should have said Is did Trump have to do this now?I mean couldn't he have just left It alone?
    You cannot even begin to deny that it is against the laws of our land, and he ran on upholding that law. You can cry as emotionally as you want, but it does not change the facts.
    preacher4truth likes this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  14. #14
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,049
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
    No, technically he can't. President Obama's order was unconstitutional, and also expired. Congress has a job to do. Stop blaming their inability to do their job on the president.
    Yep.......
    Willie-T likes this.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20,139
    Rep Power
    231

    Default Re: Dreamers

    I think much of the Left's hatred of PRESIDENT Trump is no more than the simple fact that they do not want to live in a country that is governed by duly constituted laws.
    stonesoffire likes this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Billyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2014
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,737
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    Trump Is known now as the divider In chief.
    Only because every word he speaks, writes, or pundits think he's thinking, is parsed into syllables and characters, then reorganized into some ridiculous statement.
    seed_time_harvest likes this.
    2 Peter 1:5 Because you have these blessings, do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge; 6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God; 7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love.

  17. #17
    Senior Member tooldtocare's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2014
    Age
    68
    Posts
    624
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Trump needs to visit the Statue of Liberty
    STATUE OF LIBERTY
    “Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled massesyearning to breathe free/The wretched refuse of your teeming shore/Send these,the homeless, tempest-tost to me/I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
    "The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World" wasa gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and isrecognized as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue ofLiberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886. It was designated as aNational Monument in 1924. Employees of the National Park Service havebeen caring for the colossal copper statue since 1933.
    In 1892, the U.S. government opened a federal immigrationstation on EllisIsland, located near Bedloe’s Island in Upper New York Bay. Between 1892and 1954, some 12 million immigrants were processed on Ellis Island beforereceiving permission to enter the United States. From 1900-14, during the peakyears of its operation, some 5,000 to 10,000 people passed through every day.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Billyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2014
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,737
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    I think much of the Left's hatred of PRESIDENT Trump is no more than the simple fact that they do not want to live in a country that is governed by duly constituted laws.
    I think that it's more than that. I believe that they have convinced themselves that President Trump is the devil. Nothing he can do will convince them otherwise.
    seed_time_harvest likes this.
    2 Peter 1:5 Because you have these blessings, do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge; 6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God; 7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Billyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2014
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,737
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by tooldtocare View Post
    Trump needs to visit the Statue of Liberty
    STATUE OF LIBERTY
    “Give me your tired, your poor/Your huddled massesyearning to breathe free/The wretched refuse of your teeming shore/Send these,the homeless, tempest-tost to me/I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
    "The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World" wasa gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and isrecognized as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. The Statue ofLiberty was dedicated on October 28, 1886. It was designated as aNational Monument in 1924. Employees of the National Park Service havebeen caring for the colossal copper statue since 1933.
    In 1892, the U.S. government opened a federal immigrationstation on EllisIsland, located near Bedloe’s Island in Upper New York Bay. Between 1892and 1954, some 12 million immigrants were processed on Ellis Island beforereceiving permission to enter the United States. From 1900-14, during the peakyears of its operation, some 5,000 to 10,000 people passed through every day.


    The US continues to receive people through ports of entry everyday. No one that I know objects to that "legal" process. What everyone should object to is the "illegal" entry bypassing the ports of entry.

    What is sad for me to watch is train or truck loads of people who have paid some, for lack of a better term, low life every cent that they have to ferry them across an open border, and drop them in the middle of the desert. This is what we get when we fail to enforce entry points.
    2 Peter 1:5 Because you have these blessings, do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge; 6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God; 7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2011
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,102
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    71

    Default Re: Dreamers

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    No, that would be the leftists, the media, and those who repeat that lie.
    I think the new name title for him describes him well.
    IF you do not realize that the rebirth took place in your spirit then it can be confusing to your mind worshiping GOD standing in front of a physical mirror.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 29th, 2013, 09:27 AM