Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
Like Tree100Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: "I don't care what they do,...

  1. #21
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20,460
    Rep Power
    240

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    That's what I mean sir, we all are more than "just Christian." I'm also not a rapturist, having come out of IFBism and Dispy trickery by the grace of God.
    I was raised SBC, but that was, basically, Sunday School. Never did learn much doctrine, just how to blow away the other kids in our Sword (Bible) Drills. Went on to join the CoC, and did 12 years of heavy-duty study there.

    And then God rescued me from the realm of the Frozen Chosen, but dropping me into the Carnival world for 11 years where I met people who were more Spiritual than any I had ever met in a church, despite the fact that none of us attended church since Carnivals run hot and heavy on the weekends.... and churches don't.

    So, when I found that I wanted more of God, I was much less inclined to worry about attending any specific denomination. Living in Central Florida helped a lot there. This area has probably way more evangelists and conventions than any other part of the country. I exposed myself to everyone and everything.

    I soon learned much more than I ever did in CoC Bible College. And I found that I really don't agree with everything anyone says......... but maybe a lot of everything their combined knowledge skirts around, but often ignores.
    Last edited by Willie-T; 1 Week Ago at 09:24 PM.
    oldethennew likes this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  2. #22
    Senior Member JosephsDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2015
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,615
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Frozen Chosen. That is what our pastor in Vermont calls us...
    SAS, Willie-T, Laish and 1 others like this.
    Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
    John 8:32

    And now these three remain; faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    1 Cor. 13:13


    Give ​peas a chance !



  3. #23
    Senior Member Yeraza_Bats's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,423
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    The question is: Are we Christians ever going to do something about it, or are we going to keep saying "this is the will of God."

    And we say exactly that when we deny that the Word of God has the power to change the direction this world is taking.
    With faith of a mustard seed, you can move mountains.

    Sadly, not many people of this up and coming generation are faithful. I believe that the world will continue the path its taking. Not that I have any desire to just "accept" the passing of such laws.
    I am a strong supporter of followers of Christ who struggle with the lbgt lifestyle. If you are struggling in faith with this like I do, feel free to contact me for support, encouragement or even for a friend. Or to give me your much needed support and encouragement as well

    Do not follow your heart, but guard it.
    (Proverbs 4:23)


    Who is the liar? It is he who denies that Jesus is the Christ. It is the antichrist that denies the Father and the Son.
    1 John 2:22



  4. #24
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    24,592
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    227

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Evil men and swducers will wax worse and worse...humanity is marching rank and file to destruction and there is no changing it....the best we can do is witness and take a few more with us into the kingdom....!

  5. #25
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,575
    Rep Power
    91

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    I was raised SBC, but that was, basically, Sunday School. Never did learn much doctrine, just how to blow away the other kids in our Sword (Bible) Drills. Went on to join the CoC, and did 12 years of heavy-duty study there.

    And then God rescued me from the realm of the Frozen Chosen, but dropping me into the Carnival world for 11 years where I met people who were more Spiritual than any I had ever met in a church, despite the fact that none of us attended church since Carnivals run hot and heavy on the weekends.... and churches don't.

    So, when I found that I wanted more of God, I was much less inclined to worry about attending any specific denomination. Living in Central Florida helped a lot there. This area has probably way more evangelists and conventions than any other part of the country. I exposed myself to everyone and everything.

    I soon learned much more than I ever did in CoC Bible College. And I found that I really don't agree with everything anyone says......... but maybe a lot of everything their combined knowledge skirts around, but often ignores.
    CoC = Frozen Chosen?

    What of the Spirituality of the Carnival workers? Christian, or "spiritual"?
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  6. #26
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,263
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    159

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    The question is: Are we Christians ever going to do something about it, or are we going to keep saying "this is the will of God."

    And we say exactly that when we deny that the Word of God has the power to change the direction this world is taking.
    Christians, or any group of citizens don't have much power at all in california. The democratic run state government loves passing laws without any input or vote from the people. Just like the gas tax that they just passed. A man running for the republican nomination for governor (Travis Allen) is heading a statewide petition to get that gas tax on the ballot next year. That's the only recourse we have. The Lt. Governor even tried to make the ballot measure sound confusing so people would vote for it instead of against it, but 2 or 3 weeks ago a judge said no way they are publishing that and said that he would write the measure himself!
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point!!!"
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??



  7. #27
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20,460
    Rep Power
    240

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    Christians, or any group of citizens don't have much power at all in california. The democratic run state government loves passing laws without any input or vote from the people. Just like the gas tax that they just passed. A man running for the republican nomination for governor (Travis Allen) is heading a statewide petition to get that gas tax on the ballot next year. That's the only recourse we have. The Lt. Governor even tried to make the ballot measure sound confusing so people would vote for it instead of against it, but 2 or 3 weeks ago a judge said no way they are publishing that and said that he would write the measure himself!
    You sound a bit like Jonah did on his way to Nineveh. And did I hear you saying our "hope" is to be in the elected officials of this world?

    This is what I meant when I wrote about Christians giving up, and surrendering the world to Satan.
    Last edited by Willie-T; 5 Days Ago at 12:05 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  8. #28
    Senior Member PennEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2013
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    199

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    ...if they want to be sodomites, and practice that, who cares, it doesn't effect me?!!! Furthermore, they aren't trying to force it on us, or trying to force us to accept them anyhow, and it isn't hurting anyone!!!!"

    Uh-huh. Keep believing that lie.

    IMO the political climate of Sodom and Gomorrah is where we are headed. They didn't try to force their filth on others either:

    New California law allows jail time for using wrong gender pronoun, sponsor denies that would happen | Fox News

    As in the days of Noah...

  9. #29
    Senior Member notuptome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2013
    Age
    63
    Posts
    9,687
    Rep Power
    127

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    2Ti 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    dcontroversal and oldethennew like this.
    The bible is a mirror not a magnifying glass
    use it to examine yourself not others.

  10. #30
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,263
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    159

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    You sound a bit like Jonah did on his way to Nineveh. And did I hear you saying our "hope" is to be in the elected officials of this world?

    This is what I meant when I wrote about Christians giving up, and surrendering the world to Satan.
    You have me confused with someone else. That's not something I would say, nor believe. What I have said in the past is that God decides who gets elected. He also decides what that person can and cannot do.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point!!!"
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??



  11. #31
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,202
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    We are biblically instructed not to cast pearls to swine. If someone doesn't want to hear it then keep it moving
    SAS likes this.
    I am the one who knocks!

  12. #32
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20,460
    Rep Power
    240

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    We are biblically instructed not to cast pearls to swine. If someone doesn't want to hear it then keep it moving
    The tough part of that is that Jesus never told us to "Go preach at people." He said to "Go make disciples of them." There is a whole lot more, in terms of effort and time involved, in doing the stuff Jesus told us to do.... rather than just firing off our ten minute "Take it, or leave it." sermon.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  13. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2017
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    I feel OP is missing the bigger picture...

    If you want to argue that the government should force all non-Christians to live by the word of the Bible, in the same way many nations force their citizens to abide by the Quran, then I just have to say you need to get out of your cave and look at the rest of the world and the dangers of religious oppressors who take spirituality from their people and use it as a tool to gain power.

    What's concerning about the article you shared is that this law would force people to behave a certain way. Nobody should go to jail or prison, let alone be fined, for using the wrong "preferred" pronoun. Government force against the people should only be used when others are getting hurt, or their own rights are getting violated. We don't have a right to demand other people call us ANYTHING. If I want people to call me a man, because I am a man, and some group calls me a woman, they're free to do so.

    This law prohibits free thought and free expression.

    When OP says, "They didn't try to force their filth on others either", he provided an example of the government forcing people to behave a certain way. OP is trying to justify use of force against free people by linking an example of the government using excessive force. : |

    If people want to sin, it's between them and God. After all, God sought out those who praised him and rescued them before punishing the sinners, no? To argue that Christians need to infringe on other people's rights is wrong. But, again, the law punishing people for using the wrong "pronoun" is also incredibly wrong.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,202
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    The tough part of that is that Jesus never told us to "Go preach at people." He said to "Go make disciples of them." There is a whole lot more, in terms of effort and time involved, in doing the stuff Jesus told us to do.... rather than just firing off our ten minute "Take it, or leave it." sermon.
    Imagine I have a tray of delicious chocolate chip cookies. I really want you to enjoy these chocolate chip cookies with me but you tell me " no thank you sir I have no need of your cookies"
    I'm not going to stand there and beg you to take a cookie. I'm going to go find someone else who wants a cookie
    Oncefallen likes this.
    I am the one who knocks!

  15. #35
    Senior Member Yeraza_Bats's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,423
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    The tough part of that is that Jesus never told us to "Go preach at people." He said to "Go make disciples of them." There is a whole lot more, in terms of effort and time involved, in doing the stuff Jesus told us to do.... rather than just firing off our ten minute "Take it, or leave it." sermon.

    I had a Christian friend for about ten years before I finally came to Christ.

    Thank God he didnt believe that "say believe Christ once then walk away" way of witnessing, otherwise who knows where I would be today. I am grateful he stayed my friend and guided me the right way. I often ask God to give him great blessings because of it.
    I am a strong supporter of followers of Christ who struggle with the lbgt lifestyle. If you are struggling in faith with this like I do, feel free to contact me for support, encouragement or even for a friend. Or to give me your much needed support and encouragement as well

    Do not follow your heart, but guard it.
    (Proverbs 4:23)


    Who is the liar? It is he who denies that Jesus is the Christ. It is the antichrist that denies the Father and the Son.
    1 John 2:22



  16. #36
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    20,460
    Rep Power
    240

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Imagine I have a tray of delicious chocolate chip cookies. I really want you to enjoy these chocolate chip cookies with me but you tell me " no thank you sir I have no need of your cookies"
    I'm not going to stand there and beg you to take a cookie. I'm going to go find someone else who wants a cookie
    And, I'm not. I am going to, rather, ask: "Well then, what WOULD you like to snack on instead?" Some people just need someone to sit and eat with them, not to insist that they eat their brand of cookies at their first meeting.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  17. #37
    Junior Member Society's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2017
    Age
    39
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by pckts View Post
    This is the exact "sentiment" at my liberal college. This is what is taught and what is entirely accepted by my peers.

    In classroom discussions I have seen 95% of the room support legalizing drug dealing and prostitution. When I try to appeal to their sense of right and wrong or some kind of morality or any kind of admiration for what is sacred, they just give me some kind of immature liberal interpretation of things "if they aren't hurting anyone" "doesn't affect my life" "do you want the government to control everything"

    I confronted the "professor" very perturbed with her because she just got done showing us a video of how we should legalize prostitution because the girls are being beaten and they can't go to the cops and the fines are expensive. The teacher made no attempt to show or discuss a dissenting opinion. I said to her "you just want to be able to do whatever you want, anything goes?" then I tried to explain to her the simple concept that in a society we can't just let everybody do everything because they affect and influence those around them.

    Her response was to smile at my condescendingly. She felt above defending herself and probably knew she was heavily under qualified to discuss morality or right and wrong because she doesn't have these faculties. Or maybe in her mind this was being "objective", showing us her opinion in a YouTube video then steering the classroom discussion to support it without expressing it herself or showing us alternative opinions. Some drones in the class starting jumping in to defend her telling me this would raise tax revenue and it wasn't the cause of war. Simple minded people whose only concern for their neighbors and environment is how it will affect their wallet.

    This is the scum ruining the society. Not the sinners who destroy themselves, but these immoral broken individuals who only care for themselves and their own lives. There are so many like this now they unite these opinions together and form a mob that tells them this line of thinking is correct.

    You really can't argue morality or what is sacred with people who have no idea or feeling of what these are. Sometimes I'm shocked when I learn the actual beliefs and opinions of some people, and how they are able to interact with and be respected by others with this deep evil inside of them.

    Sorry for the tangent and going off topic but I was in a classroom of predominately girls where the entire room said we should legalize prostitution and I'm still sickened and angry about it. One girl's quote was in a soft feminine voice "What's the difference between a guy and girl meeting at a bar and having sex and a prostitute receiving money for sex?". I was disgusted with her immediately and appalled at how she viewed human interactions. This is the best and brightest next generation. If you don't think they are bad enough to bring on the Apocalypse imagine their children or when they are in charge of government.
    It's frustrating when people don't think as you do isn't it?
    Rachel20 likes this.

  18. #38
    Senior Member pckts's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    914
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    It's frustrating when people don't think as you do isn't it?
    Not in all cases. If it's your favorite color or food I can fully appreciate your uniqueness and diversity you bring to the table. If you believe we landed on the moon or in evolution, I understand your reasoning.

    When you want to destroy the society we share and promote immorality while wholeheartedly believing immorality doesn't exist and this is "freedom" or tax revenue and you have no reason or conscious that can be appealed to, then I am frustrated.

    What is your point? Do you believe these opinions should be respected and I shouldn't get frustrated and show my disgust to these people? I don't have a defeated attitude and I believe doing my part is voicing my conflicting opinion. The frustration is the source of energy required to respond in these situations.

    If I accepted or respected everything as valid, I would remain silent because it wouldn't be worth the effort.
    Last edited by pckts; 4 Days Ago at 12:45 AM.

  19. #39
    Junior Member Society's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2017
    Age
    39
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by pckts View Post
    Not in all cases. If it's your favorite color or food I can fully appreciate your uniqueness and diversity you bring to the table. If you believe we landed on the moon or in evolution, I understand your reasoning.

    When you want to destroy the society we share and promote immorality while wholeheartedly believing immorality doesn't exist and this is "freedom" or tax revenue and you have no reason or conscious that can be appealed to, then I am frustrated.

    What is your point? Do you believe these opinions should be respected and I shouldn't get frustrated and show my disgust to these people? I don't have a defeated attitude and I believe doing my part is voicing my conflicting opinion. The frustration is the source of energy required to respond in these situations.

    If I accepted or respected everything as valid, I would remain silent because it wouldn't be worth the effort.
    I notice you did not tell us what course this was or what degree you're studying for. According to your account, you confronted a professor (not sure why you put it in quotes since I assume she has a legitimate degree) because you didn't like her lesson.
    I seriously question whether you are really a student because you do not talk at all like someone who is attending an institution of higher learning and more like a middle to late-middle aged man with a bone to pick. You label your dissenters as evil and corrupt and show an obvious contempt for "liberal" politics, (however you define a liberal).

    They stated that prostitution being illegal causes women to be abused without recourse (it does). They stated that it's legalization would add to the tax revenue (it would). Your retort to them was "this sickens and offends me", which is not an argument at all against their position just your personal feelings about selling sex.

    You see, much like when they tried prohibition you can't control or legislate people out of doing "sinful" activities. As long as there is a willing seller and willing buyer you will have a market, legal or otherwise. That's not a liberal position or a conservative one, it's a statement of reality. When people make moral arguments they automatically lose when discussing a matter in a secular world. The thing about morality is each of us has a different idea of what is moral and what isn't. The fact that you can't understand a worldview other than your own really isn't your teachers problem. Next time make a valid argument as to why her position is wrong and maybe perhaps you will get more then eye rolling.

  20. #40
    Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    62
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: "I don't care what they do,...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellsworth1943 View Post
    Why don't Christians just leave California? Those immoral people out there keep electing immoral people.
    You good people should just leave it to them.
    Actually that is very good advice.
    Funny how this modern day Sodom and Gomorrah is built upon the world's biggest
    earthquake faultline.
    Hhhmmmmm talk about shifting sand.
    Yep, I would pack up leave.
    dcontroversal and SAS like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 23rd, 2015, 07:54 AM
  2. "The Hunger Games" Poll - will you see? read? or care?
    By zeroturbulence in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: December 21st, 2013, 03:29 AM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: October 25th, 2013, 01:25 PM