Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 157
Like Tree283Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

  1. #21
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,028
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    I don't think anyone should be disarmed but we have more gun violence thann any country in the world so clearly we need to look into finding some solutions. A handgun for personal defense is reasonable but an automatic rifle is not.
    I can't think of any practical reason to have fully automatic weapons unless you plan on killing Mass numbers of people
    do you actually have a source for that claim ?

    I can't find the source for that...in fact, when I googled it, per capita, it turns out the US is actually the 31st highest for gun violence

    part of the problem is people throwing words around with no backup. now if you have backup for that claim, that is one thing, so please tell us where you got that info

    I will add though, there are marked differences in who is cited with regards to gun violence

    however, checking a world reference for gun violence, the US is certainly not leading by a long shot


    for example:

    The dubious distinction of having the most gun violence goes to Honduras, at 68.43 homicides by firearm per 100,000 people, even though it only has 6.2 firearms per 100 people. Other parts of South America and South Africa also rank highly, while the United States is somewhere near the mid-range. Still, America sees far more gun violence than countries in Europe, and Canada, India and Australia, which is perhaps how it gets its bloody reputation among comparatively peaceful nations.

    however it should also be noted that countries Russia, China and Afghanistan were not included.

    so, I would conclude that anything can just about be 'fixed' to make it look any ole way y'all want it to look

    the above quote is from the Washington Post, after Sandy Hook, 2012, but even they cannot make a case for the US being the leading edge in gun violence

    I did look at 2017 sources as well and none cited the US as having more gun violence than any other country in the world

  2. #22
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,028
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    please do not forget to include illegals, gang members and the increasingly ugly Antifa in the calculations

    which other country has allowed so many illegal people to cross the border, blessed them and handed out the hard earned tax dollars of its citizens?

    here's a 2017 article that tries, very hard, to make a case that the US should be massively ashamed of itself

    yes, let's compare the US to Japan and Iceland because they are almost identical
    Last edited by 7seasrekeyed; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:02 PM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Huckleberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,261
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    I don't think anyone should be disarmed but we have more gun violence thann any country in the world so clearly we need to look into finding some solutions. A handgun for personal defense is reasonable but an automatic rifle is not.
    I can't think of any practical reason to have fully automatic weapons unless you plan on killing Mass numbers of people
    The murderer used a Ruger AR-15 which is
    not, I repeat, not a "fully automatic" weapon.
    What's funny is that you're always accusing others of
    using strawman arguments, but you're the king of it!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Huckleberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,261
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    , I'm not buying that theory.
    I can play a GTA game all day long and I don't have a desire to go shoot people. Hollywood is just entertainment. No one who is it already insane watches a violent movie and has the impulse to go shoot people.
    Red herrings and strawmen are pretty much all you do, eh?
    Violent media combined with bad parenting, the godlessness of our
    education system, and prescription drug abuse are what's causing the insanity.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,398
    Rep Power
    51

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by 7seasrekeyed View Post
    do you actually have a source for that claim ?

    I can't find the source for that...in fact, when I googled it, per capita, it turns out the US is actually the 31st highest for gun violence

    part of the problem is people throwing words around with no backup. now if you have backup for that claim, that is one thing, so please tell us where you got that info

    I will add though, there are marked differences in who is cited with regards to gun violence

    however, checking a world reference for gun violence, the US is certainly not leading by a long shot


    for example:

    The dubious distinction of having the most gun violence goes to Honduras, at 68.43 homicides by firearm per 100,000 people, even though it only has 6.2 firearms per 100 people. Other parts of South America and South Africa also rank highly, while the United States is somewhere near the mid-range. Still, America sees far more gun violence than countries in Europe, and Canada, India and Australia, which is perhaps how it gets its bloody reputation among comparatively peaceful nations.

    however it should also be noted that countries Russia, China and Afghanistan were not included.

    so, I would conclude that anything can just about be 'fixed' to make it look any ole way y'all want it to look

    the above quote is from the Washington Post, after Sandy Hook, 2012, but even they cannot make a case for the US being the leading edge in gun violence

    I did look at 2017 sources as well and none cited the US as having more gun violence than any other country in the world
    Those are also third world countries run by violent drug cartels
    Stuff and things

  6. #26
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,028
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Those are also third world countries run by violent drug cartels

    oh

    you mean the ones that hang out in NYC, Miami and other cities here?

    thanks for making my point for me

    and you did not back up your claim either

    if people are going to make false claims to back up a point, they should include the source

    if someone is wrong, then let's acknowledge that also

    but it seems some folks like to drive down the middle of the street playing chicken no matter how many times they get hit

    thankfully, Trump is giving them boot but now he needs to declare Antifa a home grown terrorist group because that is what they are

    root out the professional law breakers and instigators and get them working on road crews or something

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,915
    Rep Power
    46

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    I don't care one bit for liberals or conservatives.

    A lunatic has shot dead innocent people.

    I'll say we pray for the families.

    My catholic relatives are probably praying for the people that was killed as well.

    I'd in fact say that's a better way of spending our time than bashing each other!!!
    AWV

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2016
    Age
    35
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    I don't think anyone should be disarmed but we have more gun violence thann any country in the world so clearly we need to look into finding some solutions. A handgun for personal defense is reasonable but an automatic rifle is not.
    I can't think of any practical reason to have fully automatic weapons unless you plan on killing Mass numbers of people
    automatic rifles have been illegal since the prohibition of alcohol. Where are you getting this automatic rifle stuff from? Vegas? He used a bump stock.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2011
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,364
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    80

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by OneFaith View Post
    I agree that guns don’t kill people, people kill people. If you take away every weapon that murderers have used, you’d have to take away pillows (smothering people), rope (strangulation), duct tape, nail guns, chemicals, vehicles, all bodies of water (drowning), rocks (stoning people to death), knives, guns, any blunt object, and every person’s own hands.

    But machine guns are meant to wipe out mass amounts of people in seconds- these kinds of guns should be outlawed. But taking away all guns just makes the law-abiding citizen defenseless against the wicked people who will still get them from the underground market.
    Doesn’t look good.
    IF you do not realize that the rebirth took place in your spirit then it can be confusing to your mind worshiping GOD standing in front of a physical mirror.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2015
    Age
    65
    Posts
    767
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    How are trans relevant to gun laws?
    I'm not saying correlation here

    Ok dude...Ok! With these "powers that be", legislating to special interest groups, and anti gun lobby's. "We are not going to take your guns away! We ARE, however, going to initiate legislation that will require each and EVERY gun owner, past, present, and future, to be subject to a "strenuous" mental health evaluation! So, we can keep "crazies" from owning guns.

    Since we have determined that there is NO God? (therefore) EVERYONE professing belief in Jesus or God, is crazy!

    At one point in time, what I just wrote, would have gotton me incarcerated. Not so much, these days!
    Egadz man! Take the blinders off what is happening right now, so you can look around, to see what has been, and hopefully see the "pattern" of where it is going!

    Satan's time is SHORT! And, he's exposing places he's been working behind the scenes in for millennia, in his building up his "beast kingdom!"

    Gun control.....is just ONE tiny aspect, of his kingdom!
    (Cutting through the chaff)

    "You GO Lord Of The Harvest!"




  11. #31
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,398
    Rep Power
    51

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Keeping crazies from buying guns sounds like a good idea
    Stuff and things

  12. #32
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    21,121
    Rep Power
    260

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Keeping crazies from buying guns sounds like a good idea
    I guess it is easier... and a whole lot faster... to purchase them from the trunk of Juan's Chevy.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  13. #33
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,722
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    258

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by feelhim View Post
    automatic rifles have been illegal since the prohibition of alcohol. Where are you getting this automatic rifle stuff from? Vegas? He used a bump stock.
    I want to add.....My friends owned bump stocks for both Ak-47s and AR-15's and got rid of all of them because they could not hit the broad side of a barn when engaged in full auto....I will also say....as a MARINE who fired numerous full auto weapons....a shoulder fired full auto is very difficult to hold on target and usually burns way more ammo that ends up wasted and not on target......


    just saying........

  14. #34
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,722
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    258

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    I guess it is easier... and a whole lot faster... to purchase them from the trunk of Juan's Chevy.
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHA JUAN'S CHEVY HAHAHHAHA is that before or after sacks of Coffee beans.....?? Man that was hilarious......
    Willie-T likes this.

  15. #35
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    25,722
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    258

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    I don't care one bit for liberals or conservatives.

    A lunatic has shot dead innocent people.

    I'll say we pray for the families.

    My catholic relatives are probably praying for the people that was killed as well.

    I'd in fact say that's a better way of spending our time than bashing each other!!!
    Then who do you care for......gold fish, cats and dogs?

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,915
    Rep Power
    46

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Then who do you care for......gold fish, cats and dogs?
    How do I join your gold fish society?
    Yeraza_Bats likes this.
    AWV

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2016
    Age
    35
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Keeping crazies from buying guns sounds like a good idea
    It sounds like a GREAT idea, unfortunately you can't do so without leaving a loophole for total gun confiscation. The government is slimy with policy. Marijuana has ALWAYS been legal, you just need to have a marijuana stamp to buy, sell, or possess it. The government never made marijuana stamps. See what they did there?

    If we do something drastic like require mental health assessments for anyone wanting to purchase a gun, the government-paid "mental health professionals" could simply declare everyone unfit and an underhanded gun ban would be in effect.

    I will say as I always have: There are natural consequences to freedom, both positive and negative. Conservatives and Liberals try to make arbitrary laws (that almost always cause more harm than good) that limit freedom in order to create a utopia. Libertarians know a utopia can never be achieved, so we would much rather have our freedom with all of it's consequences.

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    I want to add.....My friends owned bump stocks for both Ak-47s and AR-15's and got rid of all of them because they could not hit the broad side of a barn when engaged in full auto....I will also say....as a MARINE who fired numerous full auto weapons....a shoulder fired full auto is very difficult to hold on target and usually burns way more ammo that ends up wasted and not on target......
    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post


    just saying........


    I was going to say that in my post as well (because that is what i have heard) but I didn't want to speak about anything that I know nothing about. Thanks for adding that. It added the same level of substance and intellect that bushido8000 would have added. What an intelligent and good-looking guy, that bushido8000.....
    Last edited by feelhim; 1 Week Ago at 11:13 PM.

  18. #38
    Senior Member vic1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2013
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,288
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by p_rehbein View Post
    Liberals want Congress to act now! Basically, they want Congress to outlaw ALL guns. To do away with the 2nd Amendment. Their logic is that guns KILL people! Guns are EVIL, and MUST be removed from Society!
    " No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms " -Thomas Jefferson virgina Constitution Draft 1, 1776

    Very good reminder...

    1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

    &

    Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

    The carnal mind hates truth & judgement, and leans unto its own understanding. The mind of the spirit, loves truth and being decreased in the carnal, is to be increased in Christ.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,284
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    I don't think anyone should be disarmed but we have more gun violence thann any country in the world so clearly we need to look into finding some solutions. A handgun for personal defense is reasonable but an automatic rifle is not.
    I can't think of any practical reason to have fully automatic weapons unless you plan on killing Mass numbers of people
    A hand gun is just fighting your way to your rifle.

  20. #40
    Member Society's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2017
    Age
    39
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: LIBERALS DEMAND CONGRESS ACT NOW.......NO MORE PRAYERS

    Please don't take our precious guns! If you ignore all the evidence like we do you can easily see gun control doesn't work! I blame the liberals.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Love does not demand its own way
    By Jullianna in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: December 17th, 2013, 10:03 AM
  2. Indonesian workers demand job security
    By 1still_waters in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 10th, 2012, 12:03 PM
  3. people demand answers
    By aworldexport67 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: April 28th, 2011, 07:19 PM