Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 449
Like Tree921Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

  1. #21
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,826
    Rep Power
    670

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    The problem is that we are being forced to accept their values while we are denied the right to live according to ours, simply because they reject our values. They do not see the hypocrisy in this Instead they call their intolerance, "tolerance."


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  2. #22
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    18
    Posts
    5,433
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    195

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    amen and these 3% think its right to make it a right because they think they have the right to do such...does that make sense?? lol


    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post

    Its freedom OF religion,not FROM religion. We are making sexual deviancy a "right" and its wrong.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  3. #23
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post

    Its freedom OF religion,not FROM religion. We are making sexual deviancy a "right" and its wrong.
    Congress shall make no law respecting any one religion... and so on and so forth. If you want theocracy move to Saudi Arabia
    We're all Negan

  4. #24
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    18
    Posts
    5,433
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    195

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    i actually went to a symposium because of this issue... acceptance vs tolerance...thez want us to accept their lifestyle but actually all we gotts do is tolorate it... because we can only accept what we agree with...
    so with that being said, by liberal logic, they want to force us to accept their ''issues'' and with that contradicts the ''freedom of speech'' theyre trying to uphold so high...
    hmm sis lets get a nice Island for ourselves lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    The problem is that we are being forced to accept their values while we are denied the right to live according to ours, simply because they reject our values. They do not see the hypocrisy in this Instead they call their intolerance, "tolerance."
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  5. #25
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Congress shall make no law respecting any one religion... and so on and so forth. If you want theocracy move to Saudi Arabia

    You can be obtuse all you want to.Its wrong and you know it. And we are headed to making pedophilia a right.And I mean soon. Wrong is wrong and it has nothing to do with respecting one religion over another.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post

    You can be obtuse all you want to.Its wrong and you know it. And we are headed to making pedophilia a right.And I mean soon. Wrong is wrong and it has nothing to do with respecting one religion over another.
    There are lots of things the Bible says is wrong. Do we ban them as well? Let's have total theocracy. That means if you had an impure thought you had better do your Christian Duty and turn yourself into the local authorities. Oh and you had better not use profanity or you're going to jail.
    Should we put people to death for blasphemy like they do in Muslim countries?
    Zi likes this.
    We're all Negan

  7. #27
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    7,827
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    242

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    If people really wants to sin, people can choose to do so freely...God has given us a free will, and the Constitution has given us a right to exercise that free will.
    You might want to think a bit more about your statement. We have laws. It isn't one can murder just a little, or age be a factor. We have laws that control.

    No one has ultimate free will. In the heavenlies, we will answer to God. On earth we answer to law. At least in our country. If not caught? Back to the heavenlies.

    Repentance and forgiveness is the only way out. And that then involves our "death". And a whole other way.

    Free choice? Maybe, but then back to the idea of answering to another. We are the creation. Just the creation. We have a Creator and it's His plan for His creation that's important.

    Freewill is a joke.
    Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.


    Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

  8. #28
    pckts
    Guest

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    America was never intended to be a theocracy. The Constitution makes that clear.
    A lot of Christians need to get over their persecution complex. Another group of people being granted a right is not taking anything away from you.
    If I wanted to live in a theocracy I would move to Saudi Arabia
    You can't equate a muslim theocracy with a Christian theocracy, that's what you call a false equivalency fallacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    You can't equate pedophilia with consenting adults. That's what you call a false equivalency fallacy
    And stop with the patriotism hot air blowing. I serve one master, and it's not my country (I'm a vet so I'm also above all criticism it's great).

  9. #29
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Christian theocracy and Muslim theocracy are actually pretty similar. In a Muslim theocracy is it illegal to be atheist or gay.
    Side note... most of our founding fathers were deists
    We're all Negan

  10. #30
    pckts
    Guest

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Christian theocracy and Muslim theocracy are actually pretty similar. In a Muslim theocracy is it illegal to be atheist or gay.
    Side note... most of our founding fathers were deists
    What is the side note for? I don't care if the founding fathers were gay atheists, a bunch of lying politicians manipulating people like you way before CNN.
    willfollowsGod and Demi777 like this.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Quote Originally Posted by pckts View Post
    What is the side note for? I don't care if the founding fathers were gay atheists, a bunch of lying politicians manipulating people like you way before CNN.
    It's relevant because this country was never intended to be a theocracy. Most Christians are notorious cherry pickers. Also I find it strange how Christians are so obsessed with homosexuality. I don't think it's a coincidence that Theocratic countries are the worst human rights hell holes on Earth
    We're all Negan

  12. #32
    pckts
    Guest

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    There are lots of things the Bible says is wrong. Do we ban them as well? Let's have total theocracy. That means if you had an impure thought you had better do your Christian Duty and turn yourself into the local authorities. Oh and you had better not use profanity or you're going to jail.
    Should we put people to death for blasphemy like they do in Muslim countries?
    Why do you liberals jump to the conclusion of the death penalty? How about we don't teach it's normal in the schools or anywhere, we don't allow improper marriages, and we keep it out of the media and discourage the behavior socially like we did with adultery, divorce, and the topic in question for many years.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    18
    Posts
    5,433
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    195

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    because they already have too much freedom and are scared about maybe loosing it...idk
    tho if we had the death penalty more we would have less issues tho...like traitors

    Quote Originally Posted by pckts View Post
    Why do you liberals jump to the conclusion of the death penalty? How about we don't teach it's normal in the schools or anywhere, we don't allow improper marriages, and we keep it out of the media and discourage the behavior like we did with adultery, divorce, and the topic in question for many years.
    willfollowsGod and pckts like this.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  14. #34
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Demi777 View Post
    because they already have too much freedom and are scared about maybe loosing it...idk
    tho if we had the death penalty more we would have less issues tho...like traitors
    *fewer issues
    If we had better education, people would use proper grammar.
    We're all Negan

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    I had been following this story for a lil while elsewhere in political circles. Sad to see it passed, but can't really say it was unexpected either.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Too much freedom....

    There's no such thing as too much Freedom as long as people operate within the law. Soldiers have given their lives for everyone's freedom. Not just Christians. It's not a hard concept
    We're all Negan

  17. #37
    pckts
    Guest

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    It's relevant because this country was never intended to be a theocracy. Most Christians are notorious cherry pickers. Also I find it strange how Christians are so obsessed with homosexuality. I don't think it's a coincidence that Theocratic countries are the worst human rights hell holes on Earth
    You lost me on the first point at this country. By obsessed you probably mean disgusted and threatened by it eroding the sanctity of our society, not everyone wants to live in an anything goes liberal zone because we get a power trip out of the constitution being fulfilled. I'd rather have social stability and mental illness properly identified so the unbelievers and children aren't confused and mislead.

  18. #38
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    There are lots of things the Bible says is wrong. Do we ban them as well? Let's have total theocracy. That means if you had an impure thought you had better do your Christian Duty and turn yourself into the local authorities. Oh and you had better not use profanity or you're going to jail.
    Should we put people to death for blasphemy like they do in Muslim countries?

    How about you stop deflecting? Perversion,thats the subject. I didn't say anything about death for anything. I said that was the OT way of dealing with perversion. We don't have to accept it,normalize it and say they need special rights.
    willfollowsGod and SAS like this.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    How about you stop deflecting? Perversion,thats the subject. I didn't say anything about death for anything. I said that was the OT way of dealing with perversion. We don't have to accept it,normalize it and say they need special rights.
    Why is having the same rights as any other tax-paying citizen a special right? Get over your persecution complex
    We're all Negan

  20. #40
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Australians back same-sex marriage at polls; Parliament plans December vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Christian theocracy and Muslim theocracy are actually pretty similar. In a Muslim theocracy is it illegal to be atheist or gay.
    Side note... most of our founding fathers were deists
    Revisionist history. And the fact that you are comparing Islam and Christianity is astounding.Surely you are smarter than that.
    willfollowsGod and PennEd like this.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)
    By Lynx in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2017, 12:20 PM
  2. The Marriage Pact, 2.0 (2017 Edition). Now You Can Vote!
    By seoulsearch in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: April 26th, 2017, 03:54 PM
  3. Presbyterians vote to allow gay marriage
    By The_highwayman in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 26th, 2014, 07:17 AM
  4. Want My Marriage Back
    By Mamabearr50 in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 20th, 2012, 10:12 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 11th, 2012, 01:12 AM