Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
Like Tree40Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

  1. #1
    Senior Member jenniferand2's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    31

    Default US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    The United States has withdrawn from a United Nations pact to commit to protect and preserve rights of migrants and refugees.
    Donald Trump's administration said the agreement, known as the New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants, was "inconsistent" with its policies.
    In September 2016, the 193 members of the UN General Assembly unanimously adopted a set of commitments that pledged to uphold the rights of refugees, help them resettle and ensure they have access to education and jobs.
    A statement from the US read: "The New York Declaration contains numerous provisions that are inconsistent with US immigration and refugee policies and the Trump Administration's immigration principles.
    "As a result, President Trump determined that the United States would end its participation in the Compact process that aims to reach international consensus at the UN in 2018."
    The American Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, said the country would continue its "generosity" in supporting migrants and refugees around the world, but that "our decisions on immigration policies must always be made by Americans and Americans alone."
    "We will decide how best to control our borders and who will be allowed to enter our country. The global approach in the New York Declaration is simply not compatible with US sovereignty."
    Under Trump and his "America First" policies, the US has withdrawn from several global commitments made under the administration of president Barack Obama, including the Paris climate deal.
    More recently, American pulled out of the Paris-based culture and education body, UNESCO, accusing it of "anti-Israel bias."

    Last updated Sun 3 Dec 2017


    interesting what is everyone's take on this... keep it civil please.
    Ezekiel8 likes this.
    Let He Who lives without sin cast the first stone.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Greatest President of my lifetime, maybe in all US history.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Agricola's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,587
    Rep Power
    26

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    We all know the problems that agreeing to help refugees has caused Europe. so good job Mr President.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Crustyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 15th, 2015
    Age
    68
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Glad to see that we have a president who is looking out for the interests of the U. S. and not what the rest of the world wants us to do, to our detriment.

  5. #5
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,053
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    535

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Crustyone View Post
    Glad to see that we have a president who is looking out for the interests of the U. S. and not what the rest of the world wants us to do, to our detriment.
    Yeah, Trump feels like I do in that the UN is a worthless organization that is anti-American and expect the US to foot the bill for their goofy projects that benefit no one. The US should formally resign from the UN and evict them from NYC as they're wasting valuable real estate.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  6. #6
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,768
    Rep Power
    119

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    oh

    you mean the Muslim dispersion agreement that is creating chaos in Europe?

    good news.

    "We will decide how best to control our borders and who will be allowed to enter our country. The global approach in the New York Declaration is simply not compatible with US sovereignty."
    spot on.

    the globalists are just fuming.

  7. #7
    Senior Member trofimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2015
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,611
    Rep Power
    174

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Oh no... now I cant emmigrate to the USA
    Do not be worried about many things - only one thing is needed (Lk 10:41-42).

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2016
    Age
    66
    Posts
    853
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    i'm sure you can, legally , of course
    preacher4truth likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member trofimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2015
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,611
    Rep Power
    174

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Quote Originally Posted by shittim View Post
    i'm sure you can, legally , of course
    So this was a commitment to accept illegal refugees? :O
    Do not be worried about many things - only one thing is needed (Lk 10:41-42).

  10. #10
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Isn't there a way we can help them without actually bringing them here?
    We're all Negan

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Isn't there a way we can help them without actually bringing them here?
    Well our government has been giving their people billions in aid for decades and we get nothing but a knife in the back for it. I think we should cut even that off from them. Why should we help the same people that very openly are attempting to destroy our people in just about every way you can think of?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel8 View Post
    Well our government has been giving their people billions in aid for decades and we get nothing but a knife in the back for it. I think we should cut even that off from them. Why should we help the same people that very openly are attempting to destroy our people in just about every way you can think of?
    Just sayin. Obama spent 8 years bombing the doo doo out of seven Middle Eastern countries. That displaced a lot of civilians
    We're all Negan

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Just sayin. Obama spent 8 years bombing the doo doo out of seven Middle Eastern countries. That displaced a lot of civilians
    Obama was a meddling globalist, of course he did, Obama was always doing stupid stuff because he is the worst president in history that sold our people out to all the pagans and all the barbarians in the whole world. Obama actively took the wrong side of every issue, I personally think it was intentional though there is some fair debate over whether he was just totally stupid.


    Even then though, not my problem, this isn't their land, this isn't their inheritance. They waged war with US, we killed them, we don't have to feel bad for that and we don't have to repay them with anything except fire and steel coming down screaming from the sky.
    preacher4truth likes this.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel8 View Post
    Obama was a meddling globalist, of course he did, Obama was always doing stupid stuff because he is the worst president in history that sold our people out to all the pagans and all the barbarians in the whole world. Obama actively took the wrong side of every issue, I personally think it was intentional though there is some fair debate over whether he was just totally stupid.


    Even then though, not my problem, this isn't their land, this isn't their inheritance. They waged war with US, we killed them, we don't have to feel bad for that and we don't have to repay them with anything except fire and steel coming down screaming from the sky.
    Only not really.
    Imagine a terror sale moves into your neighborhood someone decides the easiest way to kill them is just to level your entire city block. Sucks to be you right.
    That's pretty much how it happens
    We're all Negan

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Only not really.
    Imagine a terror sale moves into your neighborhood someone decides the easiest way to kill them is just to level your entire city block. Sucks to be you right.
    That's pretty much how it happens
    Yea that does suck for them, they should have turned over the ones that made war against us, but they didn't, so their own blood is upon them. The blood of their women, the blood of their children, the blood of their elderly, it is all upon them. Don't bring them here, we do not want them, we do not like them, and they've been our #1 enemy for thousands of years. We owe them nothing but the edge of the sword.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel8 View Post
    Yea that does suck for them, they should have turned over the ones that made war against us, but they didn't, so their own blood is upon them. The blood of their women, the blood of their children, the blood of their elderly, it is all upon them. Don't bring them here, we do not want them, we do not like them, and they've been our #1 enemy for thousands of years. We owe them nothing but the edge of the sword.
    I'm talking about innocent civilian casualties.
    I'm thinking there must be some way we can help them without actually bringing them here..
    We're all Negan

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    I'm talking about innocent civilian casualties.
    I'm thinking there must be some way we can help them without actually bringing them here..
    They're not innocent, we owe them nothing. Do not give them anything. Do not bring them here. Remove the ones that are all ready here and stop giving them any aid.

    These are not our friends, they are our enemies. So treat them like enemies and do not let your eye pity them.
    preacher4truth likes this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel8 View Post
    They're not innocent, we owe them nothing. Do not give them anything. Do not bring them here. Remove the ones that are all ready here and stop giving them any aid.

    These are not our friends, they are our enemies. So treat them like enemies and do not let your eye pity them.
    There are always innocent civilians.
    What happens is these terrorist cells take up residence in civilian communities.
    Kind of like the Vietcong did back in Vietnam.
    Rather than put boots on the ground it's easier just to bomb them. Unfortunately this means civilian casualties
    We're all Negan

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    There are always innocent civilians.
    What happens is these terrorist cells take up residence in civilian communities.
    Kind of like the Vietcong did back in Vietnam.
    Rather than put boots on the ground it's easier just to bomb them. Unfortunately this means civilian casualties
    No, their "civillians" aren't innocent, not their women and not their children, their blood is upon them for worshipping idols, for refusing to give up islam, for making war on our people, for not surrendering their leaders which do mislead them.

    So the "civillians" should remove them or turn them over, but they don't, they're muslims dude, they stick together along religious and racial lines, and so it is that they are not anymore innocent than the so-called "terrorists".

    Well then bomb them more and do it with more zeal, for these people are not to be spared. All ready it may be too late because of what the traitors have done in giving them aid and comfort and arms and letting them invade our shores ensuring that my generation will certainly see more war with them and the war will not lessen in time, but will increase in scope and intensity.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: US withdraws from UN commitment to protect refugees and migrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel8 View Post
    No, their "civillians" aren't innocent, not their women and not their children, their blood is upon them for worshipping idols, for refusing to give up islam, for making war on our people, for not surrendering their leaders which do mislead them.

    So the "civillians" should remove them or turn them over, but they don't, they're muslims dude, they stick together along religious and racial lines, and so it is that they are not anymore innocent than the so-called "terrorists".

    Well then bomb them more and do it with more zeal, for these people are not to be spared. All ready it may be too late because of what the traitors have done in giving them aid and comfort and arms and letting them invade our shores ensuring that my generation will certainly see more war with them and the war will not lessen in time, but will increase in scope and intensity.
    K.
    You're going on ignore now
    We're all Negan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2017, 08:01 PM
  2. John McCain withdraws support for Donald Trump
    By jb in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: October 17th, 2016, 05:38 PM
  3. 20+ Girls molested at Rock concert in Sweden by Migrants
    By Demi777 in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: July 3rd, 2016, 09:45 PM
  4. 14 migrants have infected 14 U.S. women with zika
    By floridaguy16 in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 10th, 2016, 02:54 AM
  5. Donald Trump: No citizenship for illegal migrants' babies
    By royalscot in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2015, 03:20 PM