Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 924
Like Tree1730Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: The politics of Gay rights.

  1. #21
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,117
    Rep Power
    344

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Technically, in the United States, and atleast my state, Virginia, no one has a right to get married. The states regulate it.

    The question should be, why is the government involved in marriage at all?
    yup..... this

  2. #22
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,858
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zi View Post
    If Christians pulled their support out of all these companies/events etc do you know the message it would send?

    But no, We buy our Starbucks and complain.. go on vacation and complain.. buy clothes designed by gays and complain they can get married..
    I'll pass on Starbucks. For the price of one Starbucks coffee I can buy coffee for a week to drink at home
    willfollowsGod and kaylagrl like this.
    We're all Negan

  3. #23
    Zi
    Guest

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Just for general purpose.. I'm saying nothing I don't do myself.

    I have a basic phone, basic computer, clothes are second hand, shoes are from Walmart... I don't live extravagant. I don't want a life where sinners must be in my face because I choose what they make.. I want no part, so I don't take part.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2017
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,124
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    When people refer to 'them' as if they are some kind of deformation of human creation, it's just scapegoating.

    People are good, people are bad. It doesn't matter whether you are gay or straight, black or white, legal immigrant or illegal immigrant, Christian or Muslim.

    You can say you are against homosexuality, but you want to be kind to them etc. but this is the same thing.

    It is like racism. Except it is closet homophobia. Out-of-the-closet homophobia is like the KKK. The two are very much relating no matter how you sugar coat it. In fact much homophobia that has been pushed into the closet, while people come out of the closet, is just leftovers from a generation when the traditional views were that gays should die, or be castrated, or be locked up.

    People are good. People are bad. Even a KKK member could be a good person, who maybe rejects all this evil around them. See's it 'for what it is'.

    The homophobic generation is a dying breed, but they STILL use the Bible as their reason, rather than it's 'their own reason'. Yes, it really is. You did not love and accept homosexuals, and then you read the Bible, or you went to Church and you were against them. You were always against them, because it was how you were brought up.

    Is homophobia an evil? Is homosexuality an evil? Is homophobia more based on judgement rather than love? Can homosexuality be based on love rather than evil? Is a Christian capable of doing more evil than a homosexual?

    People are good and people are bad. But we can choose to be the good person, we can choose to be more pure. And so can any other person no matter what their orientation or religion is.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,858
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Christians have a weird obsession with homosexuality.
    Socreta93, Tommy379 and Zi like this.
    We're all Negan

  6. #26
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zi View Post
    Just for general purpose.. I'm saying nothing I don't do myself.

    I have a basic phone, basic computer, clothes are second hand, shoes are from Walmart... I don't live extravagant. I don't want a life where sinners must be in my face because I choose what they make.. I want no part, so I don't take part.

    This is a hard issue. I take it as "in the world,not of it". My sister and her husband were boycotting Disney over the Beauty and the Beast movie. Last summer they had promised the kids they were going to Disneyland but or course in the mean time decided against it. So she called to ask my opinion of whether she was doing the right thing.She said they had decided to go to Marvel...ugh the name escapes me just now,wherever the Marvel characters go.lol I looked it up and called her back to inform her that Marvel is owned by Disney,also ESPN that my BIL likes to watch. Uh huh. So we really can't boycott it all.I do try to take a stand when I company goes out of its way to support things I disagree with.But the way the world is connected today we'd all have to move into the woods,live off the land,wipe our butts with leaves and wear fur.
    willfollowsGod likes this.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2017
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Sounds like most folks here could care less. It is one of the big issues In deciding who is worthy of voting for many people.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2017
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,124
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    They think it came from them, when it really came from tradition.

    Back in times when slavery was legal and normal, Christians would talk about black people in the same way, like they are 'the abomination'.

    Same thing is happening with Muslims. I've been interested to see what Muslims say about Christians and usually they are very 'normal' about it, that we are different and we should accept our differences, but peace is the better option. Where as you will find many Christians who are anti-Muslim. And then they will compare it to radical Muslims. But then radical Muslims tend to come from impoverished nations, where corruption is rife, hate and racism is rife. But are these types of Christians from impoverished nations or from apparently civilised nations? How do civilised Christians and civilised Muslims compare? I am pro-people and differences.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Christians have a weird obsession with homosexuality.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,609
    Rep Power
    157

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Christians have a weird obsession with homosexuality.
    Not too many threads about adultery.
    Socreta93 likes this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  10. #30
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,858
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Not too many threads about adultery.
    Right...
    Or fornication in general
    Tommy379 likes this.
    We're all Negan

  11. #31
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,858
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    I've said this multiple times on different threads but I don't feel like it's my personal responsibility to stop people from doing unbiblical things. It's my responsibility to make sure I live my life correctly.
    We're all Negan

  12. #32
    Senior Member Musicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Embankment View Post
    It is understandable that most Christians think that homosexuality is wrong according to the scriptures. However, homosexual people do exist in great numbers in this country. Do they have rights that should be protected?
    What rights do they have that are not protected?

  13. #33
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,858
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Musicus View Post
    What rights do they have that are not protected?
    The general Narrative of right-wingers and Christian fundamentalist is that they should not have any constitutional rights
    We're all Negan

  14. #34
    Senior Member Musicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    The general Narrative of right-wingers and Christian fundamentalist is that they should not have any constitutional rights
    I don't know anyone who thinks this way, but too bad anyway, because they (homosexuals) have all the same Constitutional rights as everyone else, and it should be that way. It's a sin, just like smoking is a sin, and smokers have the same Constitutional rights too. What they seem to want is the tax breaks and inheritance laws (and other laws) to honor their "union" and I have no problem with that. But lots of folks are against changing the legal definition of "marriage". I have no problem there either, it's just a legal word in that respect. I do have a problem with my church recognizing it as anything other than sin. But thankfully my church doesn't ban homosexuals any more than they ban smokers, alcoholics, drug abusers, or adulterers or any other sinners.
    willfollowsGod likes this.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,701
    Rep Power
    88

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Embankment View Post
    It is understandable that most Christians think that homosexuality is wrong according to the scriptures. However, homosexual people do exist in great numbers in this country. Do they have rights that should be protected?
    This is a real problem in a secular democracy that also has a Christian Bible
    based legal heritage. Where to draw the line?

    Political and social rights as citizens is one thing. The right to equal legal
    entitlements under the law of the land is fair enough.
    BUT the politics of homosexuality and transgenderism has become very
    challenging against the right to uphold traditional Christian doctrine on
    gender, family and heterosexual marriage.

    Sexual politics is not only belligerent and becoming a new State religion
    enforced by legal sanctions, but also trespasses into the sacred and religious.

    Homosexual marriage is the ultimate insult and offence against God
    our Creator and Father. It is a State sponsored blasphemy aided and
    abetted by liberal progressive ministers and churches preferring the broad
    avenue to destruction over the narrow road to life.
    They are in effect murderers lying to the un-Godly about their salvation.

    Left-wing radicals have for many decades screamed hysterically "get your religion
    off our bodies." And yet now these same people demand that their politics usurp
    our religion, or else... off to the Human Rights Commission where atheistic Marxists
    will strip a Christian of the right to practice and uphold their faith.

  16. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2017
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Christians have a weird obsession with homosexuality.
    How about Christians showing their public disapproval after being bombarded by gay propaganda on the regular through media and pop culture? The media would have you think 30% of the population is gay by how frequently they promote it. I think that makes them the really obsessed.There's a whole month dedicated to "pride". Why aren't we displaying the same attention towards adulterers? Maybe because unfaithfulness is frowned upon by all and there are no infidelity parades going on.

  17. #37
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,117
    Rep Power
    344

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simao View Post
    How about Christians showing their public disapproval after being bombarded by gay propaganda on the regular through media and pop culture? The media would have you think 30% of the population is gay by how frequently they promote it. I think that makes them the really obsessed.There's a whole month dedicated to "pride". Why aren't we displaying the same attention towards adulterers? Maybe because unfaithfulness is frowned upon by all and there are no infidelity parades going on.
    well said....

    i would rep you twice if it let me
    willfollowsGod likes this.

  18. #38
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,002
    Rep Power
    204

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Not too many threads about adultery.

    That's because everyone would be in agreement about adultery.


    We only talk about this issue because it's controversial.

  19. #39
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,002
    Rep Power
    204

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    The general Narrative of right-wingers and Christian fundamentalist is that they should not have any constitutional rights

    Dude,

    You're creating a straw man argument; that is NOT the general narrative of right-wing Christians.

    The general narrative of right-wing Christians is:
    homosexuals should have the SAME CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS AS EVERYONE ELSE, and they should NOT HAVE "SPECIAL RIGHTS" AS A PROTECTED MINORITY.



    This is such an emotionally charged, hot-button topic that I'm just tired of even talking about it.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    5,609
    Rep Power
    157

    Default Re: The politics of Gay rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    That's because everyone would be in agreement about adultery.


    We only talk about this issue because it's controversial.
    Are you sure we are all in agreement? We may have people who call themselves Christian, that divorced for reasons other than adultery, and married someone else.
    dailybread likes this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gun rights - for or against?
    By LeonT in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 316
    Last Post: July 4th, 2017, 04:52 PM
  2. NICE! No Politics Thread NICE! VERY NICE! No Politics.
    By Tintin in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: April 27th, 2016, 06:58 AM
  3. Is it about gay rights...or is it about something else?
    By Sirk in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: July 12th, 2015, 10:42 PM
  4. What are our rights?
    By JesusFreek in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: November 7th, 2013, 08:31 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2012, 06:07 AM