Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
Like Tree44Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: U.N Jerusalem vote

  1. #1
    Senior Member 7777pinacled's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    7
    Ezekiel8 likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    Pull aid from every single one of these countries that voted to condemn us. We don't need to keep subsidizing 1/5th of the UN's budget either, make them pay their own way if this what they want to do.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    It is kind of sad to me, also, the countries who abstained from a vote altogether. Mexico and Canada and Australia, for example, plus a small country I visited once and loved. I understand why they remained silent, probably fearing the repercussions either from their own people or because of their ties to the US, but it also makes them look very weak and not trustworthy.

    And for those tiny Pacific countries who dared to vote against everyone else... You just earned my next vacation and I'm going to buy every (locally made) souvenir you can get find!

    In the end, who really cares? We all know Jerusalem is Israel's true and historic capital so we will recognize it. It's the truth.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2017
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    The United States does not support the UN because of the kindness of our hearts. We pay those counties so they will align with us and not the Russians and Chinese.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    22,269
    Rep Power
    310

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Embankment View Post
    The United States does not support the UN because of the kindness of our hearts. We pay those counties so they will align with us and not the Russians and Chinese.
    And yet, they won't even align with us in a simple vote like this. All we will do is give them tons of $, and they will turn their backs on us anyway when the rubber meets the road.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,758
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    I don't know .... there has to be a reason why it was almost unanimously decided that Trump's decision on Israel was a bad idea
    Stuff and things

  7. #7
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    26,763
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    311

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    I don't know .... there has to be a reason why it was almost unanimously decided that Trump's decision on Israel was a bad idea
    Maybe if you studied the bible you could figure out why....Start with Zechariah 14:2 and read slowly..........

  8. #8
    Senior Member wolfwint's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2014
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel8 View Post
    Pull aid from every single one of these countries that voted to condemn us. We don't need to keep subsidizing 1/5th of the UN's budget either, make them pay their own way if this what they want to do.
    One day they have to accept Jerusalem as capitol of Israel
    kaylagrl likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member wolfwint's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2014
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    Quote Originally Posted by FenceMan View Post
    It is kind of sad to me, also, the countries who abstained from a vote altogether. Mexico and Canada and Australia, for example, plus a small country I visited once and loved. I understand why they remained silent, probably fearing the repercussions either from their own people or because of their ties to the US, but it also makes them look very weak and not trustworthy.

    And for those tiny Pacific countries who dared to vote against everyone else... You just earned my next vacation and I'm going to buy every (locally made) souvenir you can get find!

    In the end, who really cares? We all know Jerusalem is Israel's true and historic capital so we will recognize it. It's the truth.
    And does the bible not say that all nations will fight against Israel. It will come as the bible says.
    I am not really a Trump fan, but I honor his decision to accept Jerusalem as that what it is. The capitol of Israel!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    So, this is how that great war begins. The lines have been drawn and the sides have been chosen just like was foretold. So the kingdom of the last beast has revealed itself at last.
    7777pinacled likes this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    62
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    And so it begins ...

    2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling to all the peoples all around,
    and it shall also be against Judah in the siege against Jerusalem.
    3 And in that day I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all peoples.
    All who lift it shall be slashed, and all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it.
    Zechariah 12:

    God, Jesus, still needs to deal with a recalcitrant and unbelieving Jewish population
    that continue to deny him as their Messiah.

    37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that kill the prophets, and stone them which are sent
    unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathers
    her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
    38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
    39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say,
    Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord.
    Matthew 23:
    Ezekiel8 and ComeLordJesus like this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,823
    Rep Power
    237

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    And so it begins ...

    2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling to all the peoples all around,
    and it shall also be against Judah in the siege against Jerusalem.
    3 And in that day I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all peoples.
    All who lift it shall be slashed, and all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it.
    Zechariah 12:

    God, Jesus, still needs to deal with a recalcitrant and unbelieving Jewish population
    that continue to deny him as their Messiah.

    37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that kill the prophets, and stone them which are sent
    unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathers
    her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
    38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
    39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say,
    Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord.
    Matthew 23:



    ​Romans 11. Im going to have to make this my signature I think. smh
    Lucy-Pevensie likes this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    ​Romans 11. Im going to have to make this my signature I think. smh
    Try Daniel 11 instead.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2017
    Age
    36
    Posts
    939
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    I'm glad this has been turned around.
    I am a Liberally Republican Democrat and I approve this message!

  15. #15
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,823
    Rep Power
    237

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel8 View Post
    Try Daniel 11 instead.
    Many here do not accept the OT anymore,so I try to stick to the NT.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    Many here do not accept the OT anymore,so I try to stick to the NT.
    Lol, so, new testament scriptures like this one?

    Matthew 24:15
    15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )
    Inquistor likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,823
    Rep Power
    237

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel8 View Post
    Lol, so, new testament scriptures like this one?

    Matthew 24:15
    15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )
    Yep,had this argument before here. I say the land belongs to Israel. There are some here who get positively evil about it. Luckily they don't post here often.But they will come out of the woodwork. Some of them deny the Holocaust.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    Yep,had this argument before here. I say the land belongs to Israel. There are some here who get positively evil about it. Luckily they don't post here often.But they will come out of the woodwork. Some of them deny the Holocaust.
    Sure, sure. I think though there's some deeper stuff at work here than the typical Israel sovereignty debate. I would say, read Daniel 11, and especially read who the factions of the fourth beast empire will be fighting before the man that sets up the abomination of desolation comes, particularly before the one that is a raiser of taxes. Then consider darkly upon how this vote was made and who picked what side.

    As for the apostates, they don't need to read it, they wouldn't understand the holy words of Daniel anyways, even if they did.
    kaylagrl likes this.

  19. #19
    Senior Member prove-all's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2014
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,959
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    SEPTEMBER 7, 2006-The Outcome of the Israeli/German Relationship
    https://www.thetrumpet.com/2827-the-...n-relationship


    JUNE 26, 2017 Germany—The New Middle East Peacemaker?
    https://www.thetrumpet.com/15979-ger...ast-peacemaker

  20. #20
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    62
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: U.N Jerusalem vote

    The Jews have regained their homeland after an absence of nearly
    two thousand years.
    They still are a people of promise through Abraham, Isaac, Jacob,
    and we can all see their blessings in worldly power and wealth.
    Whilst there is a remnant of ultra-orthodox practising Jews and some religious
    Jews who attend synagogues, by far the greater population of Jews are a people
    mostly atheistic and also extremely progressive and liberal.
    They have shed their deep religious heritage and treat Jewishness as a cultural and
    a racial inheritance.
    Jews still see themselves as special and God's chosen people especially when it
    comes to taking hold of the land and displacing Palestinians.

    But Jews [Judah] continue to deny Jesus Christ as the Messiah and they continue
    to blaspheme his name and despise Christians.
    Thus at this time their returning to what was Israel previously and in gaining
    Jerusalem as their eternal capital serves the fulfillment of Bible prophecy that
    all the world will come to Armageddon and destroy both Israel and themselves.

    The Jews must suffer this catastrophic ending [along with the world] so that Jesus,
    the one that they pierced, can come and deliver them as their promised Messiah.
    Then they will know the folly of their ancestors at the time of the first visitation.

    Also Jesus will rapture his Spirit-filled church unto himself in the air before his feet
    stand on the Mount of Olives, and will bring in the saints and angels into Jerusalem.

    Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord,
    will thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
    Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons,
    which the Father has put in his own power.
    Acts1:
    ComeLordJesus likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 101
    Last Post: January 9th, 2017, 11:50 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 14th, 2016, 12:05 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 19th, 2013, 12:05 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 11th, 2012, 02:12 AM
  5. Making Aliyah To Physical Jerusalem, Or to Spiritual Jerusalem
    By texian in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 26th, 2012, 12:09 PM