Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
Like Tree46Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Angela53510's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2011
    Age
    64
    Posts
    9,815
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    393

    Default Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    It seems like Elon Musk is really on top of things these days. At least, in the area of cashing in on people’s utterly bizarre and ridiculous phobias!

    Elon Musk’s Boring Company has racked up 15,000 pre-orders for its US$500 flamethrower, which the billionaire inventor has touted as insurance against a zombie apocalypse.It sounds like a tongue-in-cheek invention, but the black-and-white, shotgun-sized flamethrower is legitimately for sale – and interest has been red-hot.
    Musk announced the flamethrower on social media Jan. 27, and has been updating his pre-order numbers ever since. He tweeted that sales had surpassed 15,000 on Tuesday morning, with only 5,000 remaining.

    https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/so-l...ance-1.3781650

    This was my laugh for the day! Even Babylon Bee is not this funny, because it is satire, and this is real.

    People really believe zombies are going to attack?? I guess this is the end result of paranoia, conspiracy theories and too much TV!
    notmyown likes this.
    "And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." 2 Cor. 12:9 NASB

  2. #2
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    21,904
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    527

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela53510 View Post
    It seems like Elon Musk is really on top of things these days. At least, in the area of cashing in on people’s utterly bizarre and ridiculous phobias!




    https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/so-l...ance-1.3781650

    This was my laugh for the day! Even Babylon Bee is not this funny, because it is satire, and this is real.

    People really believe zombies are going to attack?? I guess this is the end result of paranoia, conspiracy theories and too much TV!
    I heard somewhere that the US government has contingency plans to defend against an attack of zombies. They have one for an alien invasion also which seems more likely. Probably could score one of them flamethrowers on Ebay.
    Angela53510 likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  3. #3
    Senior Member notuptome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2013
    Age
    64
    Posts
    11,157
    Rep Power
    203

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    A flame thrower would be a really cool toy. Not at all practical but high on the cool factor. Product liability on this is ridiculous. Probably as dangerous to the operator as to the zombie. Every arsonists dream.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    The bible is a mirror not a magnifying glass
    use it to examine yourself not others.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    73
    Posts
    22,421
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    I already have one.

  5. #5
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,596
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    451

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    I already have one.
    YEAH....My SAIGA 12 with a 20 round drum of buck and #4's will do nicely....followed up with my JM SERIES Tactical 12 that holds 10 and if I need to the AR-15 with numerous 30 round mags and various other weapons of like caliber and order HAHAH
    Willie-T likes this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2015
    Age
    30
    Posts
    689
    Rep Power
    51

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    Guess some paranoid people think if it happens, you don't want to be ill-prepared for it. If you've seen zombie movies, you know they don't mess around.

  7. #7
    Ellsworth1943
    Guest

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger36147 View Post
    Guess some paranoid people think if it happens, you don't want to be ill-prepared for it. If you've seen zombie movies, you know they don't mess around.
    Yea. they will prepare for zombies, but need to run to the market before they can fix supper.
    Really planning ahead for what is important.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    20,338
    Rep Power
    259

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellsworth1943 View Post
    Yea. they will prepare for zombies, but need to run to the market before they can fix supper.
    Really planning ahead for what is important.
    Well, that was pulled out of thin air.
    What allures and arouses the heart we can't figure out
    But it's the quickest way to account for what we prize
    And are most proud about
    These gods make promises but always lie to us
    The kinds of lies that says they'll keep us safe and satisfy us
    We blame the lies outside of us
    But it's the lie that lies inside that captures the depth of desires and false messiahs

    ~Beautiful Eulogy - Messiah~


  9. #9
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    61,634
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    471

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    *Gets a good chuckle from reading this thread*
    Angela53510 and dcontroversal like this.
    My testimonies are below.


    http://christianchat.com/miscellaneous/94389-blue_ladybugs-uterine-cancer-battle.html

    http://christianchat.com/miscellaneo...-vs-light.html

    http://christianchat.com/miscellaneo...h-my-pain.html

    http://christianchat.com/miscellaneo...s-suicide.html


    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    ​ Orange kitties approve



  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    7,315
    Rep Power
    205

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    we now understand why 'ells' didn't answer our e-mail that upheld his decision to
    chuck it all and just go while he has the chance, but it really doesn't seem to add up.
    as we were both applauding his decision and blessing him and his wife for this
    profound decision..
    ================================================== ======

    would you say that there is some relation to a 'tazer' as a surprise drop dead advantage for
    the daily criminal who is just out to cause havoc and cause violence upon the innocent,
    which is who they mainly 'target'???
    ================================================== ===

    last summer hub and went hiking in a back=woods area that is actually a public park, but very
    much designed as a nature preserve, as you have a choice to stay where there are people in
    plain view, or you can choose to go 'out-back' = anyway, on our way back, down a very long,
    isolated trail, we observed a male walking towards us from quite a distance away, and as he drew
    closer, he started to walk towards us and had an object in his hand that was either a tazer
    or some kind of unknown weapon that we weren't familiar with, also, I have to say, by his
    looks, he was very menacing and seemed to have a 'bead' on us...

    just as he got close enough to do whatever was on his mind, guess what happened, out of the
    clear-blue-sky? a group of '4' people appeared 'out of no-where - when he saw them appear,
    he began to run wide open in the opposite direction...

    just a share, take it as you please...but way before he came into our space, we both knew for sure
    that he was a predator...we're up on these kind of things, thanks to our Holy Saviour, and very
    grateful, for sure...(Angels sent to protect us???) we know so...
    Angela53510 and Waggles like this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,596
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    451

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by oldethennew View Post
    we now understand why 'ells' didn't answer our e-mail that upheld his decision to
    chuck it all and just go while he has the chance, but it really doesn't seem to add up.
    as we were both applauding his decision and blessing him and his wife for this
    profound decision..
    ================================================== ======

    would you say that there is some relation to a 'tazer' as a surprise drop dead advantage for
    the daily criminal who is just out to cause havoc and cause violence upon the innocent,
    which is who they mainly 'target'???
    ================================================== ===

    last summer hub and went hiking in a back=woods area that is actually a public park, but very
    much designed as a nature preserve, as you have a choice to stay where there are people in
    plain view, or you can choose to go 'out-back' = anyway, on our way back, down a very long,
    isolated trail, we observed a male walking towards us from quite a distance away, and as he drew
    closer, he started to walk towards us and had an object in his hand that was either a tazer
    or some kind of unknown weapon that we weren't familiar with, also, I have to say, by his
    looks, he was very menacing and seemed to have a 'bead' on us...

    just as he got close enough to do whatever was on his mind, guess what happened, out of the
    clear-blue-sky? a group of '4' people appeared 'out of no-where - when he saw them appear,
    he began to run wide open in the opposite direction...

    just a share, take it as you please...but way before he came into our space, we both knew for sure
    that he was a predator...we're up on these kind of things, thanks to our Holy Saviour, and very
    grateful, for sure...(Angels sent to protect us???) we know so...
    As he got within range of me he would have seen a 9 on my hip...... I go no where unarmed.....other than Australia and I am fairly confident that If I got on a plane with a 9 it would be like Monopoly and a go to jail "chance" card......and for sure in AU......... HAH
    Angela53510 likes this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member tanakh's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2015
    Age
    70
    Posts
    3,316
    Rep Power
    108

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    I envisage a huge import order from Haiti where the whole Zombie business originated!
    dcontroversal likes this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Billyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2014
    Age
    76
    Posts
    3,102
    Rep Power
    112

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    I'm not too worried. I'm sure that I can find a sling shot from my collection that will handle any zombie invasion that I may face.
    2 Peter 1:5 Because you have these blessings, do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge; 6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God; 7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,515
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    269

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    I blame the dumb t.v. show walking dead
    Angela53510 likes this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  15. #15
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,263
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    Remember, when dealing with zombies, always double tap!
    Blain and dcontroversal like this.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  16. #16
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,515
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    269

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    Remember, when dealing with zombies, always double tap!
    Technically Christians are zombies, we once were dead but now we're alive;b
    RickyZ likes this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  17. #17
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,200
    Rep Power
    240

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    Zombies just wanna be treated like everybody else.


    Ya eat a few brains, and everybody treats you like a monster.

  18. #18
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,596
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    451

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Technically Christians are zombies, we once were dead but now we're alive;b

    Actually the lost are....the walking dead

  19. #19
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,515
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    269

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Actually the lost are....the walking dead
    HA! that was perfect bravo! smileyfaceapplausegif.gif
    dcontroversal and oldethennew like this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  20. #20
    Senior Member Lighthearted's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2016
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: Zombie Apocalypse Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    A flame thrower would be a really cool toy. Not at all practical but high on the cool factor. Product liability on this is ridiculous. Probably as dangerous to the operator as to the zombie. Every arsonists dream.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    Probably more dangerous for me in the public's hands than the zombie eating my brains for breakfast with a side of grits!
    oldethennew likes this.
    Is your Jesus light shining?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are You a Zombie Christian?
    By JesusIsAll in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: March 19th, 2016, 06:45 PM
  2. The Zombie Apocalypse?
    By PoxEclipse in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 28th, 2014, 07:54 PM
  3. Pre Trib Rapture Moment 15: Zombie Apocalypse and the Rapture?
    By ChosenbyHim in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 21st, 2013, 02:12 PM
  4. Zombie Apocalypse — Rise of Demonic Possession
    By A-Omega in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 18th, 2012, 01:11 AM
  5. U.S. CDC gets involved on "Zombie Apocalypse"
    By NoFallTooFar in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: June 6th, 2012, 02:46 AM