Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 600
Like Tree747Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by renewed_hope View Post
    I am disappointed in people that call themselves American and have protests against our President wanting to over throw our government. I think it's time for people to grow up and get over it
    While Trump has you looking at a shinny thing he dangled at the SOTU last night, the true state of the union is 125% of total government debt over GDP
    https://goo.gl/images/1oWzCX

  2. #22
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,959
    Rep Power
    249

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    I think Trump knocked it out of the park last night. He's taking time to undo everything Obama did. He's gotten a conservative judge in,he is moving the embassy to Jerusalem,he's making moves against abortion and for religious rights. I couldn't be more pleased. We'll see what the future holds,let's not call the game over yet. Little too early for chicken little.

  3. #23
    Senior Member PennEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2013
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,480
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    296

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    For years we were told the Republicans can't do anything they need the Senate. We voted in a Republican Senate. Then they told us they can't do anything because Obama is President. We voted in Trump. Now what's the excuse nothing is getting done? Trump needs an education? Well he better get it quick because the Republicans are about to lose seats in both houses of Congress and the excuses will just continue as we fall off the cliff.
    NOTHING IS GETTING DONE!?

    You can't be serious.

    By my sight, I'm looking at the greatest President in my lifetime!

    Yep. He's still the boorish loudmouth I knew he was when I voted for him.
    But what he has accomplished, with little help from the gop, in one year is astonishing.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Lucy-Pevensie's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    889
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Just make sure you get him elected for a second term. Four years is not enough.
    Ezekiel 36
    *Then they will know that I am the Lord*




  5. #25
    Senior Member MichaelOwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    636
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    The people that I am most disappointed in are the Democraps.....Did not ANYONE notice some of their reactions last night? ESPECIALLY when it came to unemployment numbers and to talking points about illegal immigrants! Their reactions told me everything I need to know....they do NOT have Americas best interest at heart, which in turn, makes them appear completely un-American, and that is not right, not even in the slightest.

    Trump is America first, and letting illegals come and wreck our country has got to come to a stop, and Trump is doing what he ran on, what he said he was going to do. So for anyone to sit back and say, Well he hasn't done anything....how smug of you. Obviously your eyes are only fixated on one thing. With what Trump has done despite the backlash and resistance of the weak Liberal agenda, is just amazing.

    So I ask you this, want an open border to where an MS13 gang member rapes and murders your daughter with 0 craps given, or would you rather have a strong unified and vetted border, where you can be a citizen, but you HAVE to go through the process and show you want to be here.

    Oh and as far as the economy goes....just look at the stocks and trades, all time highs.....all time lows under Obummer.......and the fact that the unemployment rate among blacks is now reaching new lows.....THAT should tell you something!! Did that happen under Obama, heck no......they were at all time highs......Trump hasn't done anything?

    Get off the Liberal juice before it kills you.

  6. #26
    Senior Member longtrekker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2014
    Age
    59
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-Pevensie View Post
    Just make sure you get him elected for a second term. Four years is not enough.
    With any luck Trump's daughter will take over for another 8 years after that!

    I hear she's a chip off the old block sans the 'theatrical' vocabulary lol with the side benefit of fulfilling a democrat dream of having a first female president! ( but perhaps the dems will have shifted focus by then and be striving for first transgendered president...)
    plainguy likes this.


    Strawberry Alice: "You just beat the tar out of an innocent man!"

    Little Bill: "Innocent?! - innocent of what!"


  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOwen View Post
    The people that I am most disappointed in are the Democraps.....Did not ANYONE notice some of their reactions last night? ESPECIALLY when it came to unemployment numbers and to talking points about illegal immigrants! Their reactions told me everything I need to know....they do NOT have Americas best interest at heart, which in turn, makes them appear completely un-American, and that is not right, not even in the slightest.

    Trump is America first, and letting illegals come and wreck our country has got to come to a stop, and Trump is doing what he ran on, what he said he was going to do. So for anyone to sit back and say, Well he hasn't done anything....how smug of you. Obviously your eyes are only fixated on one thing. With what Trump has done despite the backlash and resistance of the weak Liberal agenda, is just amazing.

    So I ask you this, want an open border to where an MS13 gang member rapes and murders your daughter with 0 craps given, or would you rather have a strong unified and vetted border, where you can be a citizen, but you HAVE to go through the process and show you want to be here.

    Oh and as far as the economy goes....just look at the stocks and trades, all time highs.....all time lows under Obummer.......and the fact that the unemployment rate among blacks is now reaching new lows.....THAT should tell you something!! Did that happen under Obama, heck no......they were at all time highs......Trump hasn't done anything?

    Get off the Liberal juice before it kills you.
    What liberal do you know is concerned about the national debt? Do you even know what is the difference between a conservative and a liberal in this country?

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    NOTHING IS GETTING DONE!?

    You can't be serious.

    By my sight, I'm looking at the greatest President in my lifetime!

    Yep. He's still the boorish loudmouth I knew he was when I voted for him.
    But what he has accomplished, with little help from the gop, in one year is astonishing.
    Ruling by executive order is not getting anything done. It is executing laws already passed by congress. We need congress to ram through laws ( just like the Democrats did) that will undue 100 years of progressivism.

  9. #29
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,302
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by heartofdavid View Post
    His amnesty bill is open ended and it will take them 12 years to become citizens.
    By open ended i mean he put language in there that will allow about 90 % of em to be rejected and sent home.
    The man is smart,real smart.
    Hide and watch
    The way I understand it is they will have to voluntarily enroll in the program. I predict that most of them will not.

    He also said that in order to take advantage of this, the "dreamers" have to demonstrate some kind of skill, education, something to show that they are not simply slugs that want to soak up all the freebies they can. They also have to want to be AMERICANS, not Mexican/South American/whatever that happen to live here.

    This should be a path (not a freebie) to citizenship for those that truly want to be US citizens.... like the "dreamers" claim to be. This should be exactly what they have been clamoring for... except I suspect that most, if not all of them want it to be simply an instant free gift for just "being here".
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  10. #30
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,426
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    I'll definitely part with you there.

    We're a nation of 320+ million people. Surely we can find a qualified individual without the following surnames: Trump, Bush, Kennedy, Clinton or Obama.

    Quote Originally Posted by longtrekker View Post
    With any luck Trump's daughter will take over for another 8 years after that!

    I hear she's a chip off the old block sans the 'theatrical' vocabulary lol with the side benefit of fulfilling a democrat dream of having a first female president! ( but perhaps the dems will have shifted focus by then and be striving for first transgendered president...)
    RickyZ likes this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  11. #31
    Senior Member MichaelOwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    636
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    What liberal do you know is concerned about the national debt? Do you even know what is the difference between a conservative and a liberal in this country?
    Yes I do know the clear difference between a liberal and a conservative, and I can tell you straight up, that I am a full on conservative sir

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOwen View Post
    Yes I do know the clear difference between a liberal and a conservative, and I can tell you straight up, that I am a full on conservative sir
    Why would you accuse my thread of being liberal? You really don't sound conservative. You sound more like a Trumpster.

  13. #33
    Senior Member MichaelOwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    636
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    Why would you accuse my thread of being liberal? You really don't sound conservative. You sound more like a Trumpster.
    I'm not accusing you of being a Liberal, but the way you're speaking finds you out. And you say Trump hasn't done anything, when in all reality, who are you kidding? I may be a Trumpster, but all of us who voted for Trump can be put into that category. Who did YOU vote for in 08? and 12'?
    kaylagrl, SovereignGrace and Deade like this.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOwen View Post
    I'm not accusing you of being a Liberal, but the way you're speaking finds you out. And you say Trump hasn't done anything, when in all reality, who are you kidding? I may be a Trumpster, but all of us who voted for Trump can be put into that category. Who did YOU vote for in 08? and 12'?
    I didn't vote for Trump. I wrote in Ted Cruz. So according to you that makes me a liberal I suppose.

  15. #35
    Senior Member MichaelOwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    636
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    I didn't vote for Trump. I wrote in Ted Cruz. So according to you that makes me a liberal I suppose.
    No but if you're not supportive of our President and acknowledging what he is and has done, then what are you in support of?

  16. #36
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,744
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    What liberal do you know is concerned about the national debt? Do you even know what is the difference between a conservative and a liberal in this country?
    That's easy. Liberals want to take your money and give it to the lazy and people who don't belong here. Conservatives want to take your money and give it to the rich fat cats. Either way, if you're in the middle you're screwed.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOwen View Post
    No but if you're not supportive of our President and acknowledging what he is and has done, then what are you in support of?
    I'm for small, limited government and the US Constitution.

    Are you one of those Christian Trumpsters who believes Trump is a king Cyrus sent by God?

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    711
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    That's easy. Liberals want to take your money and give it to the lazy and people who don't belong here. Conservatives want to take your money and give it to the rich fat cats. Either way, if you're in the middle you're screwed.
    That's true about liberals except they actually want the government to take all the money and makes us all slaves.

    Conservatives on the other hand believe in the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence and want small limited government and everyone to keep their own money.

    There is no middle, left, and right. There are only Constitutional conservatives, and then everyone else is a left wing nut job.

  19. #39
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,830
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    We are going over a cliff and all Trump and the Republicans want to talk about is giving illegal immigrants amnesty and spending more money on a wall and infastructre building.

    sounds like somebody hit the panic button

    if you think you are going over a cliff, pretty sure that Trump et al did not drive TO the cliff

    I'd like to see people who complain as if Trump had been president for the last 20 years, deal with the mugshot faces of the Dimms and the conniving duplicity of Schumer, the massive debt left by his highness mr owe (not to mention the pro muslim agenda and the anti-Christian agenda) and the general dismal lack of any TRUE knowledge of current affairs sported by so many under 30 who, co-incidentally, have the biggest mouths about what they know almost nothing about (thank the liberal colleges and universities for that)all of the world's problems, other countries in crisis, the millions of illegal ALIENS in this country, the muslim disaphora (because that is what it really is) and the mulitple other things too numerous to mention

    oh

    and healthcare too

    and a badly funded military

    and the whackjob teacher who just went on a profanity infused rant about how the military is full of the 'lowest of the low'

    just another day in the Whitehouse and just another day on CC where people can say outrageous and silly things

  20. #40
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,830
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOwen View Post
    The people that I am most disappointed in are the Democraps.....Did not ANYONE notice some of their reactions last night? ESPECIALLY when it came to unemployment numbers and to talking points about illegal immigrants! Their reactions told me everything I need to know....they do NOT have Americas best interest at heart, which in turn, makes them appear completely un-American, and that is not right, not even in the slightest.

    Trump is America first, and letting illegals come and wreck our country has got to come to a stop, and Trump is doing what he ran on, what he said he was going to do. So for anyone to sit back and say, Well he hasn't done anything....how smug of you. Obviously your eyes are only fixated on one thing. With what Trump has done despite the backlash and resistance of the weak Liberal agenda, is just amazing.

    So I ask you this, want an open border to where an MS13 gang member rapes and murders your daughter with 0 craps given, or would you rather have a strong unified and vetted border, where you can be a citizen, but you HAVE to go through the process and show you want to be here.

    Oh and as far as the economy goes....just look at the stocks and trades, all time highs.....all time lows under Obummer.......and the fact that the unemployment rate among blacks is now reaching new lows.....THAT should tell you something!! Did that happen under Obama, heck no......they were at all time highs......Trump hasn't done anything?

    Get off the Liberal juice before it kills you.

    I'm not sure who, but it seems a comparison was made between la bomba's SOTU 1st speech and it was chock full of I, I, I, I, I, I, I...well you get the idea, while, as we know, Trump's was we, we, we, we....and that is how ultimately you get things done

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 15th, 2016, 05:28 PM
  2. Obama budget defunds veterans' choice program that he touted in SOTU
    By Viligant_Warrior in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: February 9th, 2015, 12:54 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2015, 11:28 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 21st, 2015, 07:05 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 20th, 2010, 05:59 PM

Tags for this Thread