Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 581 to 600 of 600
Like Tree748Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

  1. #581
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,288
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    111

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    What are you attempting to get away with? Two cars in different states? You cannot maintain residence in two states at the same time. I would suspect an attempt to avoid paying adequate premium for what appears to be increased hazard.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    You'd think, huh?

    We garage a second car at our second home. Each state's insurance required us to have their state's driver's license. But you can't be licensed to drive in 2 states at the same time. We were AAA SoCal customers for 28 years. They wouldn't even pick up the phone and talk to AAA MN to see how they could make it work out. When I asked what we were supposed to do, they said "find another company". So we did, in Cali. But in the end it took a letter to the CEO of AAA MN to get them to waive the license requirement. If AAA was allowed to be a national company instead of a bunch of regional ones, this wouldn't have been an issue.

    Oh yeah ... insurance for a year on our 2010 Explorer in So Cal is $12k a year. On our 2012 escape in MN, it's $500 bucks. The hazard is obviously staying in Cali!

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  2. #582
    Senior Member MichaelOwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    You'd think, huh?

    We garage a second car at our second home. Each state's insurance required us to have their state's driver's license. But you can't be licensed to drive in 2 states at the same time. We were AAA SoCal customers for 28 years. They wouldn't even pick up the phone and talk to AAA MN to see how they could make it work out. When I asked what we were supposed to do, they said "find another company". So we did, in Cali. But in the end it took a letter to the CEO of AAA MN to get them to waive the license requirement. If AAA was allowed to be a national company instead of a bunch of regional ones, this wouldn't have been an issue.

    Oh yeah ... insurance for a year on our 2010 Explorer in So Cal is $12k a year. On our 2012 escape in MN, it's $500 bucks. The hazard is obviously staying in Cali!

    You need to get out of there and move over on this side of the country before Cali really does break off brother
    RickyZ likes this.

  3. #583
    Senior Member notuptome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2013
    Age
    64
    Posts
    11,173
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    You'd think, huh?

    We garage a second car at our second home. Each state's insurance required us to have their state's driver's license. But you can't be licensed to drive in 2 states at the same time. We were AAA SoCal customers for 28 years. They wouldn't even pick up the phone and talk to AAA MN to see how they could make it work out. When I asked what we were supposed to do, they said "find another company". So we did, in Cali. But in the end it took a letter to the CEO of AAA MN to get them to waive the license requirement. If AAA was allowed to be a national company instead of a bunch of regional ones, this wouldn't have been an issue.

    Oh yeah ... insurance for a year on our 2010 Explorer in So Cal is $12k a year. On our 2012 escape in MN, it's $500 bucks. The hazard is obviously staying in Cali!
    Two homes and two cars you must be a 1%er. Don't complain just pony up and spend some of that filthy lucre. LOL

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    The bible is a mirror not a magnifying glass
    use it to examine yourself not others.

  4. #584
    Senior Member MichaelOwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    Two homes and two cars you must be a 1%er. Don't complain just pony up and spend some of that filthy lucre. LOL

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    Better yet, I'll share some with you
    plainguy likes this.

  5. #585
    3Scoreand10
    Guest

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    You'd think, huh?

    We garage a second car at our second home. Each state's insurance required us to have their state's driver's license. But you can't be licensed to drive in 2 states at the same time. We were AAA SoCal customers for 28 years. They wouldn't even pick up the phone and talk to AAA MN to see how they could make it work out. When I asked what we were supposed to do, they said "find another company". So we did, in Cali. But in the end it took a letter to the CEO of AAA MN to get them to waive the license requirement. If AAA was allowed to be a national company instead of a bunch of regional ones, this wouldn't have been an issue.

    Oh yeah ... insurance for a year on our 2010 Explorer in So Cal is $12k a year. On our 2012 escape in MN, it's $500 bucks. The hazard is obviously staying in Cali!
    Why not make MN you primary home. Get a MN drivers license, license both cars in MN, and then just VISIT your Cal home.
    Sent the $11,000 you would save on the Explorer to me, I could use it.

  6. #586
    Senior Member notuptome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2013
    Age
    64
    Posts
    11,173
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by 3Scoreand10 View Post
    Why not make MN you primary home. Get a MN drivers license, license both cars in MN, and then just VISIT your Cal home.
    Sent the $11,000 you would save on the Explorer to me, I could use it.
    If he did that what would he complain about? He'll never leave Cali he loves to hate the place too much.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    RickyZ likes this.
    The bible is a mirror not a magnifying glass
    use it to examine yourself not others.

  7. #587
    Society
    Guest

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    Ha,sounds simple yet doesn't seem either side is able to do that in either country. Do you lean more libertarian?

    I don't like labels.

  8. #588
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,288
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    111

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    Two homes and two cars you must be a 1%er. Don't complain just pony up and spend some of that filthy lucre. LOL

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    Actually we're in the 18%. Scares me to think that 82% of the population makes less, because unless you live on debt what we make doesn't go very far. And yes Michael, as soon as the mother in law passes we are outta here!

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  9. #589
    Senior Member JosephsDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2015
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by 3Scoreand10 View Post
    Why not make MN you primary home. Get a MN drivers license, license both cars in MN, and then just VISIT your Cal home.
    Sent the $11,000 you would save on the Explorer to me, I could use it.
    If there is any serious accident he could be up the creek if he does that.
    RickyZ likes this.
    Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
    John 8:32

    And now these three remain; faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    1 Cor. 13:13


    Give ​peas a chance !



  10. #590
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,288
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    111

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by JosephsDreams View Post
    If there is any serious accident he could be up the creek if he does that.
    The CA DMV website actually has a link just for ratting out people licensing and insuring out of state. It's a sizeable fine.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  11. #591
    Senior Member notuptome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2013
    Age
    64
    Posts
    11,173
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    The CA DMV website actually has a link just for ratting out people licensing and insuring out of state. It's a sizeable fine.
    Living the dream isn't cheap.

    If you were undocumented there would be no penalty only the inconvenience of occasional temporary confinement.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    tourist and MichaelOwen like this.
    The bible is a mirror not a magnifying glass
    use it to examine yourself not others.

  12. #592
    Senior Member MichaelOwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    Living the dream isn't cheap.

    If you were undocumented there would be no penalty only the inconvenience of occasional temporary confinement.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    Word of that spreads....multiple languages....QUICK.

  13. #593
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Early this morning Trump gave us a trillion dollar deficit for this year confirming why I started this thread.
    RickyZ likes this.

  14. #594
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,288
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    111

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Yeah what gives? Used to be the republicans didn't like deficits and rightly raked Obama over the coals for adding to it - and now look at them! Seems they intend to beat Obama's record!

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  15. #595
    Senior Member notuptome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2013
    Age
    64
    Posts
    11,173
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    Yeah what gives? Used to be the republicans didn't like deficits and rightly raked Obama over the coals for adding to it - and now look at them! Seems they intend to beat Obama's record!
    Politicians are politicians. As long as the voters take government hand outs they will borrow and spend us into oblivion. The great Babylon will fall in as it were a day.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    RickyZ likes this.
    The bible is a mirror not a magnifying glass
    use it to examine yourself not others.

  16. #596
    Senior Member Lafftur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2017
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,725
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    97

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    I am NOT disappointed in Trump's SOTU speech and I support our President, our Troops, and ALL Americans.

    I am very thankful for the "In God We Trust" moment and declaration in Trump's speech and Jerusalem IS the Capitol of Israel.

    God bless America.
    Tommy379 and MichaelOwen like this.

  17. #597
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafftur View Post
    I am NOT disappointed in Trump's SOTU speech and I support our President, our Troops, and ALL Americans.

    I am very thankful for the "In God We Trust" moment and declaration in Trump's speech and Jerusalem IS the Capitol of Israel.

    God bless America.
    Notice that you ignored the National debt just like Trump in the SOTU. Go back to the start of this thread please.

  18. #598
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    This interview is exactly what I have been saying since I started this thread. I made a new thread on this video today but the admins deleted it. Watch

    GOP congressman addresses criticisms of budget proposal | On Air Videos | Fox News

  19. #599
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,247
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Just checking in to see how this thread is doing...

    so far there's 30 pages of disappointment.



    Trump may disappoint the liberals, but he's just got nothing on the whole Calvinist/Arminian thing.
    Those guys can stay disappointed for THOUSANDS of pages.

  20. #600
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    Just checking in to see how this thread is doing...

    so far there's 30 pages of disappointment.



    Trump may disappoint the liberals, but he's just got nothing on the whole Calvinist/Arminian thing.
    Those guys can stay disappointed for THOUSANDS of pages.
    Trump is not a conservative. He said the Republican party is not the conservative party.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 15th, 2016, 04:28 PM
  2. Obama budget defunds veterans' choice program that he touted in SOTU
    By Viligant_Warrior in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: February 9th, 2015, 11:54 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2015, 10:28 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 21st, 2015, 06:05 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 20th, 2010, 04:59 PM

Tags for this Thread