Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 600
Like Tree748Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Every executive order Trump touted will just be undone by the next liberal president. He needs to get Congress to pass laws to bring our national debt and budget back under control by reducing the executive agencies and entitlement programs or you can kiss the USA goodbye forever.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,748
    Rep Power
    100

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    For all his good intentions, President Trump will never
    drain the swamp. Not even with the help of Fox News.

    The problem is sin and a fallen society that no longer
    has a revelation of truth and righteousness.

    It's gonna take the end of the world and Jesus to clean
    up the mess that we humans have created for ourselves.
    RickyZ, PennEd, JesusLives and 9 others like this.
    for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
    1Corinthians 9:16

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    For all his good intentions, President Trump will never
    drain the swamp. Not even with the help of Fox News.

    The problem is sin and a fallen society that no longer
    has a revelation of truth and righteousness.

    It's gonna take the end of the world and Jesus to clean
    up the mess that we humans have created for ourselves.
    If he would eliminate the executive agencies then he would eliminate the swamp...but he never talked about that on the campaign or today. Those agencies are the Progressive swamp and money pit.
    Tommy379 and Deade like this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member longtrekker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2014
    Age
    59
    Posts
    268
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    .

    I did hear president Trump mention the word 'Christian'...

    I haven't heard too many SOTU addresses - but i don't really remember the last time i heard a major world leader say that 'word' out loud...that's major to me.
    Last edited by longtrekker; January 30th, 2018 at 11:35 PM.


    Strawberry Alice: "You just beat the tar out of an innocent man!"

    Little Bill: "Innocent?! - innocent of what!"


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by longtrekker View Post
    .

    I did hear president Trump mention the word 'Christian'...

    I haven't heard too many SOTU addresses - but i don't really remember the last time i heard a major world leader say that 'word' out loud...that's major to me.
    A token word "Christian" when the country is going to hell.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,372
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    There hasn't been a good State of the Union since 1823.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    This is the sorry state of the union that Trump and the Republicans are ignoring
    Deade likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Deade and Bella37 like this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,869
    Rep Power
    184

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    I found a black screen following your link. I was interested to see what you think is the "sorry state of our Union"....
    PennEd, dcontroversal and Deade like this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by hornetguy View Post
    I found a black screen following your link. I was interested to see what you think is the "sorry state of our Union"....
    It works when I click on it. It is a graph of the USA gdp % to national debt and right now we are at 100% and will be over 100% by 2020. The last time we did that was to fight for our survival in WWII but this time we are doing it to for entitlement payments. Soon we will be Venezuela a Banana Republic.
    Deade likes this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    We are going over a cliff and all Trump and the Republicans want to talk about is giving illegal immigrants amnesty and spending more money on a wall and infastructre building.
    Deade likes this.

  12. #12
    heartofdavid
    Guest

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    Every executive order Trump touted will just be undone by the next liberal president. He needs to get Congress to pass laws to bring our national debt and budget back under control by reducing the executive agencies and entitlement programs or you can kiss the USA goodbye forever.
    This is way too early to dismiss Trump.
    He is getting the car back on the road. The modifications will be a little slow. He used the first year to get an education.

    This year,supposedly,the fur will fly.

    He kept saying, about 20 times, "i am asking congress",....that tells you,he knows he needs law behind change

  13. #13
    heartofdavid
    Guest

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    We are going over a cliff and all Trump and the Republicans want to talk about is giving illegal immigrants amnesty and spending more money on a wall and infastructre building.
    His amnesty bill is open ended and it will take them 12 years to become citizens.
    By open ended i mean he put language in there that will allow about 90 % of em to be rejected and sent home.
    The man is smart,real smart.
    Hide and watch

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by heartofdavid View Post
    This is way too early to dismiss Trump.
    He is getting the car back on the road. The modifications will be a little slow. He used the first year to get an education.

    This year,supposedly,the fur will fly.

    He kept saying, about 20 times, "i am asking congress",....that tells you,he knows he needs law behind change
    For years we were told the Republicans can't do anything they need the Senate. We voted in a Republican Senate. Then they told us they can't do anything because Obama is President. We voted in Trump. Now what's the excuse nothing is getting done? Trump needs an education? Well he better get it quick because the Republicans are about to lose seats in both houses of Congress and the excuses will just continue as we fall off the cliff.
    Deade likes this.

  15. #15
    heartofdavid
    Guest

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    It works when I click on it. It is a graph of the USA gdp % to national debt and right now we are at 100% and will be over 100% by 2020. The last time we did that was to fight for our survival in WWII but this time we are doing it to for entitlement payments. Soon we will be Venezuela a Banana Republic.
    According to trump,no.
    Factories are returning and trump is calling on vocational training in a massive fashion.
    I liked his speech.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by heartofdavid View Post
    His amnesty bill is open ended and it will take them 12 years to become citizens.
    By open ended i mean he put language in there that will allow about 90 % of em to be rejected and sent home.
    The man is smart,real smart.
    Hide and watch
    We just voted on a budget bill and shut down the government over what? Over our national debt? no...over illegal immigrants! If Trump is so smart why isn't he talking about our national debt?
    Deade likes this.

  17. #17
    heartofdavid
    Guest

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    For years we were told the Republicans can't do anything they need the Senate. We voted in a Republican Senate. Then they told us they can't do anything because Obama is President. We voted in Trump. Now what's the excuse nothing is getting done? Trump needs an education? Well he better get it quick because the Republicans are about to lose seats in both houses of Congress and the excuses will just continue as we fall off the cliff.
    We have 51 votes. It takes 60.
    The " nuclear option" is a maneuver that we could rule for sûre. ( a simple majority)
    I am not sure why they dont do it,but one reason is the repubs have rinos like McCain and others( about 10 or so) that even the nuclear option is shakey

  18. #18
    heartofdavid
    Guest

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    We just voted on a budget bill and shut down the government over what? Over our national debt? no...over illegal immigrants! If Trump is so smart why isn't he talking about our national debt?
    He knows. It takes time. He recently banned cell phones and devices from the white house.
    He is fighting his own cabinet apparently.
    The obama operatives are still there.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    Quote Originally Posted by heartofdavid View Post
    We have 51 votes. It takes 60.
    The " nuclear option" is a maneuver that we could rule for sûre. ( a simple majority)
    I am not sure why they dont do it,but one reason is the repubs have rinos like McCain and others( about 10 or so) that even the nuclear option is shakey
    The problem is that Trump is not a true conservative like Ronald Reagan was and that's a fact. So nothing is going to get done to stop the liberal machine from taking down our country.

  20. #20
    Senior Member renewed_hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,886
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    108

    Default Re: Disapointed In Trump SOTU

    I am disappointed in people that call themselves American and have protests against our President wanting to over throw our government. I think it's time for people to grow up and get over it
    I choose to honor God by inspiring people. How do you honor him?........

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 15th, 2016, 04:28 PM
  2. Obama budget defunds veterans' choice program that he touted in SOTU
    By Viligant_Warrior in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: February 9th, 2015, 11:54 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2015, 10:28 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 21st, 2015, 06:05 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 20th, 2010, 04:59 PM

Tags for this Thread