Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59
Like Tree39Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

  1. #41
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,263
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Oh and, Reagan fired the first shot in the class war. Up until him we had a strong middle class. The strong middle class is what made America great. But he took the money from the middle to enrich the top. That, along with a societal change of motto from 'all for one and all for one' to 'me me me', is why we circle the drain today. And Trump et al just cleared the drain. Let's watch the whirlpool form!
    AdolfHipster likes this.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  2. #42
    Senior Member JosephsDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2015
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    Hokay Lucy 'splain this to me. Obama was responsible for the debt piled up during his reign. Yet Trump is not responsible because congress and the appropriations committees are the ones who actually budget and spend the money.

    Are presidents accountable or not?



    Everyone is accountable in some way or another.
    Maybe the better question to ask is how much accountability do you want to lay on his plate.
    Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
    John 8:32

    And now these three remain; faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    1 Cor. 13:13


    Give ​peas a chance !



  3. #43
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    21,913
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    527

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    He has had his chance and he is plunging our children into ruin.
    Reckless government spending spanning many years and administrations have done this, especially during Obama's 8 years. Going to plunge the grandchildren into ruin too unless this spiral into insolvency is resolved.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  4. #44
    Senior Member jameen's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2018
    Age
    31
    Posts
    180
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    A politician from any political party can be virtuous as long as he does not receive bribes, steal from taxpayer's money, do illegal businesses and living a decent life.

    Sad to say, the US is losing its Christian values; It is Russia that is becoming more Christian after the fall of the USSR.

    I will not be surprised if the US loses its superpower status or surpassed by China as the richest nation on earth because of losing the Christian spirit.

    In the Bible, a nation of God's believers must worship and follow God's laws in order to maintain progressive and strong. just read Deuteronomy 28 and Leviticus 26.

    The US has the largest Christian population and 2nd largest Jewish population that worship the Biblical God.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    The admins removed my thread on this video. Trump is leading America to ruin.
    link:GOP congressman addresses criticisms of budget proposal | On Air Videos | Fox News

  6. #46
    Senior Member shrimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,170
    Blog Entries
    10
    Rep Power
    34

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    "...but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror."
    V for Vendetta

    Laying blame on others does nothing to solve problems, now does it? The real guilty are those who vote for the corrupt and corruptible.

    "I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense."
    -also from V for Vendetta.

    when people use common sense, stand on their principles, and get up and do something to change things-Applying solutions- instead of laying all blame on one person or group of persons, you will see results.

    So what are you doing to change these situations? are you just bellyaching behind your computer blaming one party or another, one person or another? Calling names and not giving credit where it is due?

    Think about what you are saying and how you are acting. Is it helpful? If not, change or move along.
    To those who think it expedient to respond, is it wisdom that drives you to do so?


    Whump!!!

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by shrimp View Post
    "...but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror."
    V for Vendetta

    Laying blame on others does nothing to solve problems, now does it? The real guilty are those who vote for the corrupt and corruptible.

    "I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense."
    -also from V for Vendetta.

    when people use common sense, stand on their principles, and get up and do something to change things-Applying solutions- instead of laying all blame on one person or group of persons, you will see results.

    So what are you doing to change these situations? are you just bellyaching behind your computer blaming one party or another, one person or another? Calling names and not giving credit where it is due?

    Think about what you are saying and how you are acting. Is it helpful? If not, change or move along.
    To those who think it expedient to respond, is it wisdom that drives you to do so?
    Didn't you watch the video or read my comments at all? We were promised that if we voted for them then they would fight to stop the spending and Obamacare and welfare. But they all lied! We did our part and voted. First we were told they needed to have the Senate to stop the spending so we gave it to them. Then they told us we need the House, Senate, and Presidency. We voted in Trump. But they still won't stop it but are INCREASING spending.

  8. #48
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,263
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    Didn't you watch the video or read my comments at all? We were promised that if we voted for them then they would fight to stop the spending and Obamacare and welfare. But they all lied! We did our part and voted. First we were told they needed to have the Senate to stop the spending so we gave it to them. Then they told us we need the House, Senate, and Presidency. We voted in Trump. But they still won't stop it but are INCREASING spending.
    So... now do your part and stop voting for them. Either side.
    shrimp likes this.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  9. #49
    Senior Member AdolfHipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2018
    Age
    25
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    Reagan reduced the size of the Federal government but spending increased due to the Cold War and he won it without firing a shot. But this spending today is well over 100% of GDP and what are we getting for it?
    How you view Reagan is a lot like how others on here view Trump. I find this incredibly ironic.

  10. #50
    Senior Member AdolfHipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2018
    Age
    25
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOwen View Post
    Yes but look at the years Obama was in office....you can thank HIM for that. Huge difference.
    Well, if my memory serves correct... we should thank Bush for starting the domino affect. Bush, the "conservative", added almost 6 trillion dollars in national debt. He more than doubled the national debt... In Clinton's 8 years of office, he "only" increased the debt by a little less than 1.4 trillion dollars... and he was a Democrat. So after Bush gave America a death blow, Obama decided he could outdo Bush's spending and increased our national debt by about 8 trillion dollars.

    Anyone notice a theme here? Maybe the OP is right?
    RickyZ and tourist like this.

  11. #51
    Senior Member AdolfHipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2018
    Age
    25
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    Hokay Lucy 'splain this to me. Obama was responsible for the debt piled up during his reign. Yet Trump is not responsible because congress and the appropriations committees are the ones who actually budget and spend the money.

    Are presidents accountable or not?



    It sort of follows the same line of thinking people have when Obama was elected into office... people recite Hosea 8:4 "They set up kings without my consent; they choose princes without my approval. With their silver and gold they make idols for themselves to their own destruction." But now that Trump was elected in office, we hear people recite Romans 13:1 "Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."

    They simply view it from the filter of their liking depending on if they like the president or not.
    Crimson_Lark and RickyZ like this.

  12. #52
    Senior Member AdolfHipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2018
    Age
    25
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    Oh and, Reagan fired the first shot in the class war. Up until him we had a strong middle class. The strong middle class is what made America great. But he took the money from the middle to enrich the top. That, along with a societal change of motto from 'all for one and all for one' to 'me me me', is why we circle the drain today. And Trump et al just cleared the drain. Let's watch the whirlpool form!
    The "conservative" Reagan increased the national debt by 186%. I don't understand why the OP thinks Reagan was awesome... he seems to hate Trump increasing the debt but gives Reagan's failed "Reagonomics" a pass for stealing from the middle class to give to the rich.
    RickyZ likes this.

  13. #53
    Senior Member MichaelOwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by AdolfHipster View Post
    Well, if my memory serves correct... we should thank Bush for starting the domino affect. Bush, the "conservative", added almost 6 trillion dollars in national debt. He more than doubled the national debt... In Clinton's 8 years of office, he "only" increased the debt by a little less than 1.4 trillion dollars... and he was a Democrat. So after Bush gave America a death blow, Obama decided he could outdo Bush's spending and increased our national debt by about 8 trillion dollars.

    Anyone notice a theme here? Maybe the OP is right?

    Good point, heard on a talk radio show this morning that we shouldn't really blame Trump, as much as Obama, as much as we should blame Bush
    RickyZ likes this.

  14. #54
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,263
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by AdolfHipster View Post
    It sort of follows the same line of thinking people have when Obama was elected into office... people recite Hosea 8:4 "They set up kings without my consent; they choose princes without my approval. With their silver and gold they make idols for themselves to their own destruction." But now that Trump was elected in office, we hear people recite Romans 13:1 "Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God."

    They simply view it from the filter of their liking depending on if they like the president or not.
    Sadly that goes for both sides these days. Bush, was really the first to be openly mocked, Obama the first to be openly hated, and now Trump the first to be ... what, coronated and lynched at the same time? Both sides are lying to us. Ever more reason to dump both parties. But it's not gonna happen, this blind polarization and the infighting it spawns - even among believers - is exactly what the antichrist spirit needs to bring down Babylon.

    Please - someone's going to argue about the use of the name Babylon. Take it as florative speech and move on. Thank you.
    AdolfHipster likes this.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  15. #55
    Senior Member AdolfHipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2018
    Age
    25
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    I do remember a time when Republicans claimed to care about the national deficit. Talk is cheap though... Now, at least Republicans/Trump voters are being honest with themselves and saying they really DON'T care (at least not anymore). Maybe it's because I'm not 70 years old and recognize my life is in the latter part, but I'd like to think that even if I was a senior citizen, I wouldn't feel right about spending the country into oblivion because I won't be around to pay it off... the younger generations will have to deal with it.

    The "conservative" part use to reference the "fiscal" aspect of politics. Now... I think it just means that you're not pro-gay marriage/pro-choice (social conservative). Would be nice to find someone who didn't give tax cuts which make the rich richer and the nation even further into dept. Not even the demi-god Ronald Reagan could cut taxes and simultaneously decrease the national debt or at least break even. We all know the definition of "insanity" right?
    Last edited by AdolfHipster; February 15th, 2018 at 08:27 PM.
    RickyZ likes this.

  16. #56
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,263
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Perhaps the Republicans have come to accept that the debt is sooo large it can no longer be repaid - so let's pile on and line our pockets as much as green as possible before the whole thing goes down the drain.
    AdolfHipster likes this.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  17. #57
    Idiot in Chief Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,720
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    Perhaps the Republicans have come to accept that the debt is sooo large it can no longer be repaid - so let's pile on and line our pockets as much as green as possible before the whole thing goes down the drain.
    At least many of them have come to the conclusion that trying to reign in entitlement programs (over 50% of the budget) is untouchable if they want to get reelected. As a result they figure why bother fixing a leaky faucet when there's a broken pipe elsewhere.

    It is a mathematical impossibility to balance the US Federal budget without massive reform to the entitlement programs. There is a garbage load of money every year that disappears every year just in the management of the programs before a single dime ends up being distributed. A well run nonprofit could do twice as much with the same money.
    notuptome, Billyd and MichaelOwen like this.

  18. #58
    Senior Member notuptome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2013
    Age
    64
    Posts
    11,157
    Rep Power
    203

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncefallen View Post
    At least many of them have come to the conclusion that trying to reign in entitlement programs (over 50% of the budget) is untouchable if they want to get reelected. As a result they figure why bother fixing a leaky faucet when there's a broken pipe elsewhere.

    It is a mathematical impossibility to balance the US Federal budget without massive reform to the entitlement programs. There is a garbage load of money every year that disappears every year just in the management of the programs before a single dime ends up being distributed. A well run nonprofit could do twice as much with the same money.
    This is the result when we cede the responsibility of the church to the government. God says we will fill bags with holes in them. Seems to describe how the government spends money.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    RickyZ and MichaelOwen like this.
    The bible is a mirror not a magnifying glass
    use it to examine yourself not others.

  19. #59
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,263
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Trump Says The Best We Can Do Is Be Democrats

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    This is the result when we cede the responsibility of the church to the government. God says we will fill bags with holes in them. Seems to describe how the government spends money.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    It also describes the promises made by those politicians

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Democrats show their solidarity in opposing Trump
    By Sirk in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 3rd, 2017, 10:23 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 24th, 2017, 04:52 PM
  3. Replies: 46
    Last Post: August 24th, 2016, 11:51 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 11th, 2016, 10:09 PM
  5. Are there any young Democrats?
    By 3Scoreand10 in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 3rd, 2015, 10:48 PM

Tags for this Thread