Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 139
Like Tree104Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

  1. #101
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    We're all Negan

  2. #102
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    here's a poll taken by a publication called military times in which 89% of readers disapprove of the parade

    https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...say-no-parade/
    We're all Negan

  3. #103
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    The term "fascist" comes from a political movement that started in 19th century Italy called Fascio and evolved into the Fasci movement in the early 20th century. They were opposed to liberalism, marxism and democracy in general. They were highly nationalistic and believed that society should be led by a strong authoritarian leader. They also opposed women in the workforce, any kind of immigration and were quite racist. They wanted a one party, totalitarian state, supported capitalism but opposed international trade.

    Besides all that, the authoritarian, nationalistic mindset that is the backbone of fascism is hardly a new concept and has been around since there was power to be had.

    How you can extrapolate that to mean they started as a "liberal" movement is beyond me. Please have a go as squaring that circle for me.

    I took history also.
    History doesn't always tell the whole story,it can be manipulated...


    <font size="3">
    Tommy379 and MichaelOwen like this.

  4. #104
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    6,047
    Rep Power
    177

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    History doesn't always tell the whole story,it can be manipulated...


    <font size="3">
    Mr. Society is relying on the revised history, 2009 edition.
    kaylagrl and MichaelOwen like this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  5. #105
    Senior Member Odelschwanck's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2015
    Age
    28
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Is this the Demon Hunter fan?

    I thought people said Seal Team 6 died in a helicopter crash. Or was that a conspiracy theory?

  6. #106
    Society
    Guest

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    History doesn't always tell the whole story,it can be manipulated...
    It's a lot harder to demonize people when they actually know what they're talking about isn't it?

    I'm not interested in some guys speech just because it conforms to your bias. Show sources or show nothing.
    HoneyDew likes this.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 26th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    923
    Blog Entries
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    Say, what is your definition of a military march?
    oh, sorry-- i meant military parade, marching down the street with bands, etc...
    Not sure what they are going to come up with, but, they can not deny the President's request-- it would undermine the authority of the office of Presidency, and make it appear that the military does not intend to obey the civilian leader, which would not be a good precedent and would look like a coup de tat--

    People like air shows--- just have a huge airshow, with planes flying over heard in formation, near a Navy port with an open house on a retired aircraft carrier-- troops marching by...
    have another one down main street in New York with a ticker-tape parade, with President Trump and Melania showing up in AirForce One-- have the young people march ROTC-- have a drone show-- high-school bands, college-- sky's the limit!

    They can find a way to make it a public event without looking too serious-- or have the troops marching on an air-force base with the President and First Lady in attendance-- and a fly-by of some F-22 Raptors, Have Trump tour a Naval vessel,
    have him ride in a civilian Hummer-- yeah-- a Hummer-parade with those military Hummers, but have Trump ride in a civilian one-- etc... Probably no moving heavy artillary though-- just set them up at the air-show-- a few ballistic missile interceptors, three types of small mobile nukes parked at the airshow--- but not driving down any streets--

    Have a WWII fly-by of antique aircraft and people can pay for rides-- etc...

    Maybe President Trump could tour a Naval yard where they make ships--- and he could go for a flight in some kind of military aircraft--- etc....

    a non-military show of force.... at a large stadium maybe-- have the Marines bring in the flags at a football game-- or a large church--

    have some stunt-paratrooopers fly into a stadium-- etc..... have the national anthem, and military commanders standing at attention--
    have a national moment of silence to remember all who have put their lives on the line for America or helping other countries---
    Last edited by HeraldtheNews; February 15th, 2018 at 05:00 AM.

  8. #108
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    It's a lot harder to demonize people when they actually know what they're talking about isn't it?

    I'm not interested in some guys speech just because it conforms to your bias. Show sources or show nothing.
    That is so funny. I had a running dialogue with a guy on youtube. He was the same as you,refused to look at evidence that could prove his opinion wrong. We were talking about Margret Sanger and he broke in to troll what I was saying. He cursed me out and I gave him evidence in Sangers own book,chapter and page and he refused to look it up because he knew it would prove him wrong. That is hilarious to me and it proves how immature people are. He refused to answer and claimed he had won the argument.
    If you are so certain you are right why would listening to a short speech bother you? Listen to it and tell me where he's wrong. Or are you like the troll claiming you are right but afraid to listen to evidence that just might prove you wrong? I'd listen to something you posted and then answer where I felt it was wrong. Your age says 40 but you argue like a millennial,no matter what the facts are you're right and you refuse to consider you could be wrong. Very immature.
    Tommy379 and MichaelOwen like this.

  9. #109
    Senior Member shrimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,170
    Blog Entries
    10
    Rep Power
    34

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Dinesh D'Souza is one of the foremost experts on Fascism in America. It would benefit anyone to listen to what he says about it.
    kaylagrl and Tommy379 like this.


    Whump!!!

  10. #110
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by shrimp View Post
    Dinesh D'Souza is one of the foremost experts on Fascism in America. It would benefit anyone to listen to what he says about it.

    I always find his talks well spoken and thought out. So far no one has proven him wrong. I've watched several of his documentaries and movies. I fact check him and haven't found him wrong yet.
    shrimp likes this.

  11. #111
    Society
    Guest

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    That is so funny. I had a running dialogue with a guy on youtube. He was the same as you,refused to look at evidence that could prove his opinion wrong. We were talking about Margret Sanger and he broke in to troll what I was saying. He cursed me out and I gave him evidence in Sangers own book,chapter and page and he refused to look it up because he knew it would prove him wrong. That is hilarious to me and it proves how immature people are. He refused to answer and claimed he had won the argument.
    If you are so certain you are right why would listening to a short speech bother you? Listen to it and tell me where he's wrong. Or are you like the troll claiming you are right but afraid to listen to evidence that just might prove you wrong? I'd listen to something you posted and then answer where I felt it was wrong. Your age says 40 but you argue like a millennial,no matter what the facts are you're right and you refuse to consider you could be wrong. Very immature.
    The discussion is currently on the origins of the term fascism and the history of the movement. I gave you the history of the word and what they stood for, then you responded with some guys speech. If I am incorrect on the origin of the word or the history of the fascist movement please show me with historical evidence.

    I did listen to the first part of his speech. Whenever someone starts of their prattle by demonizing others I immediately lose interest in what they have to say because they are obviously a biased, ideological toolbag. I could easily find videos of speakers tearing Christians apart and blaming them for all the ills of society, and it would be just as worthless if they don't have evidence to back it up.

    I take it as a complement that you think I sound like a millennial, it means I have not become a stone hearted old man.

  12. #112
    Society
    Guest

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by shrimp View Post
    Dinesh D'Souza is one of the foremost experts on Fascism in America. It would benefit anyone to listen to what he says about it.
    I can't find anyone who recognizes him as such. His degree is in English, not history or political science. Nor can I find anywhere stating he has any research or practical experience in the subject.

  13. #113
    Senior Member AdolfHipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2018
    Age
    25
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    That is so funny. I had a running dialogue with a guy on youtube. He was the same as you,refused to look at evidence that could prove his opinion wrong. We were talking about Margret Sanger and he broke in to troll what I was saying. He cursed me out and I gave him evidence in Sangers own book,chapter and page and he refused to look it up because he knew it would prove him wrong. That is hilarious to me and it proves how immature people are. He refused to answer and claimed he had won the argument.
    If you are so certain you are right why would listening to a short speech bother you? Listen to it and tell me where he's wrong. Or are you like the troll claiming you are right but afraid to listen to evidence that just might prove you wrong? I'd listen to something you posted and then answer where I felt it was wrong. Your age says 40 but you argue like a millennial,no matter what the facts are you're right and you refuse to consider you could be wrong. Very immature.
    I actually agree with Society on several political points and enjoy reading what he has to say. However, I've seen how he is when he disagrees strongly with someone. He refuses to look at the evidence... people have tried in the chat room with him but he'd rather just assume he knows better and ignore questions/actual evidence that shows something contrary to what he believes... While I agree with him on a many topics, it's sort of pointless to discuss something with someone that refuses to look at things from an alternate point of view. The second someone thinks they are incapable of being wrong is the second we ought to check out of discussion, as it will eventually turn contentious. Just my two cents I guess.

    Now about the "millennial" comment... I literally laughed out loud because how that label is used as a put down, a sort of derogatory insult... If you're into labeling people on their generation, I would think baby boomers would shake their head at your statement and find it incredibly ironic. Afterall, you and Society are Generation X, the children from baby boomers. They are the ones who are seen as the spoil brats who raised spoiled brats... If the millennials are immature and bratty, where do you think they learned it from? lol

  14. #114
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    The discussion is currently on the origins of the term fascism and the history of the movement. I gave you the history of the word and what they stood for, then you responded with some guys speech. If I am incorrect on the origin of the word or the history of the fascist movement please show me with historical evidence.

    I did listen to the first part of his speech. Whenever someone starts of their prattle by demonizing others I immediately lose interest in what they have to say because they are obviously a biased, ideological toolbag. I could easily find videos of speakers tearing Christians apart and blaming them for all the ills of society, and it would be just as worthless if they don't have evidence to back it up.

    I take it as a complement that you think I sound like a millennial, it means I have not become a stone hearted old man.


    If you put forth evidence to back up your opinion you'd expect me to read or listen to it. When you listen to what he says till the end we'll talk. If you don't wish to thats on you. I put forth something backing my opinion,you can take it or leave it but you're ending the discussion,not me. Sounding like a millennial is not a compliment,if you are like a vast majority of them. Ignoring facts because you don't like them that isn't something to be proud of. We can't even have a dialogue anymore because feelings mean more than facts. As I said to the youtube troll,the evidence is there,just because you don't want to hear it doesn't make you right.

  15. #115
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by AdolfHipster View Post
    I actually agree with Society on several political points and enjoy reading what he has to say. However, I've seen how he is when he disagrees strongly with someone. He refuses to look at the evidence... people have tried in the chat room with him but he'd rather just assume he knows better and ignore questions/actual evidence that shows something contrary to what he believes... While I agree with him on a many topics, it's sort of pointless to discuss something with someone that refuses to look at things from an alternate point of view. The second someone thinks they are incapable of being wrong is the second we ought to check out of discussion, as it will eventually turn contentious. Just my two cents I guess.

    Now about the "millennial" comment... I literally laughed out loud because how that label is used as a put down, a sort of derogatory insult... If you're into labeling people on their generation, I would think baby boomers would shake their head at your statement and find it incredibly ironic. Afterall, you and Society are Generation X, the children from baby boomers. They are the ones who are seen as the spoil brats who raised spoiled brats... If the millennials are immature and bratty, where do you think they learned it from? lol

    Actually I'd agree with you on the generation X thing. And I corrected in my last post because there are some really intelligent millennials here. When Im talking millennials Im meaning progressives,not all in general. For myself I was raised fairly strictly and depending on your opinion of things maybe very strictly. We certainly weren't brats. There was no count to 5,you obeyed when spoken to. We were raised more like my parents were raised.

  16. #116
    Society
    Guest

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post


    If you put forth evidence to back up your opinion you'd expect me to read or listen to it. When you listen to what he says till the end we'll talk. If you don't wish to thats on you. I put forth something backing my opinion,you can take it or leave it but you're ending the discussion,not me. Sounding like a millennial is not a compliment,if you are like a vast majority of them. Ignoring facts because you don't like them that isn't something to be proud of. We can't even have a dialogue anymore because feelings mean more than facts. As I said to the youtube troll,the evidence is there,just because you don't want to hear it doesn't make you right.
    Firstly I did give you facts when I explained in detail the history of the fascist movement. You stating something and posting a clip of some guy stating the same thing isn't proving facts. That's like me telling you the earth is a giant floating space turtle and "proving it" by having my friend stand next to me and say "Yup".

    You really hate "liberals", I get it. When you tell me "liberals" invented fascism it's such a ridiculous load of nonsense and so easily disproved that I don't even know how to respond to it. The fasci HATED liberals, HATED Marxists, HATED women, HATED foreigners. They were extremely populist and racist. All you have to do is read what they themselves wrote. You couldn't even last a second paragraph without accusing me of being close minded and attacking me because you can't back up your claims. You don't fool me.
    HoneyDew and Rachel20 like this.

  17. #117
    Society
    Guest

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    Actually I'd agree with you on the generation X thing. And I corrected in my last post because there are some really intelligent millennials here. When Im talking millennials Im meaning progressives,not all in general. For myself I was raised fairly strictly and depending on your opinion of things maybe very strictly. We certainly weren't brats. There was no count to 5,you obeyed when spoken to. We were raised more like my parents were raised.
    In other words, authoritarian parenting. And that is now why you gravitate towards other authoritarian figures and hate people who "step out of line".
    HoneyDew and Rachel20 like this.

  18. #118
    Society
    Guest

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by AdolfHipster View Post
    I actually agree with Society on several political points and enjoy reading what he has to say. However, I've seen how he is when he disagrees strongly with someone. He refuses to look at the evidence... people have tried in the chat room with him but he'd rather just assume he knows better and ignore questions/actual evidence that shows something contrary to what he believes... While I agree with him on a many topics, it's sort of pointless to discuss something with someone that refuses to look at things from an alternate point of view. The second someone thinks they are incapable of being wrong is the second we ought to check out of discussion, as it will eventually turn contentious. Just my two cents I guess.

    Now about the "millennial" comment... I literally laughed out loud because how that label is used as a put down, a sort of derogatory insult... If you're into labeling people on their generation, I would think baby boomers would shake their head at your statement and find it incredibly ironic. Afterall, you and Society are Generation X, the children from baby boomers. They are the ones who are seen as the spoil brats who raised spoiled brats... If the millennials are immature and bratty, where do you think they learned it from? lol
    We have had precisely one interaction and you think you have me figured out.

    All opinions are not equally valid and I don't have much interest in listening to wrongheaded and pernicious viewpoints. I am not at all interested in seeing things from the point of view of racists, xenophobes, hyper nationalists or the profoundly ignorant. I have many times in chat been corrected and had no problem saying if someone was right. Just because you haven't seen it in the two hours we've been in the same room does not mean it doesn't happen.
    Rachel20 likes this.

  19. #119
    Senior Member Rachel20's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 7th, 2013
    Posts
    1,615
    Blog Entries
    10
    Rep Power
    36

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    You are an engaging conversationalist! You always give insightful ideas and yes, you have graciously acknowledged different positions when faced with it.

    It is great to have you on here and read/listen/talk to you on CC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    We have had precisely one interaction and you think you have me figured out.

    All opinions are not equally valid and I don't have much interest in listening to wrongheaded and pernicious viewpoints. I am not at all interested in seeing things from the point of view of racists, xenophobes, hyper nationalists or the profoundly ignorant. I have many times in chat been corrected and had no problem saying if someone was right. Just because you haven't seen it in the two hours we've been in the same room does not mean it doesn't happen.
    lightbearer likes this.


    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.





  20. #120
    Senior Member AdolfHipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2018
    Age
    25
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Former Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden calls Trump's parade third world bull feces

    Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    We have had precisely one interaction and you think you have me figured out.

    All opinions are not equally valid and I don't have much interest in listening to wrongheaded and pernicious viewpoints. I am not at all interested in seeing things from the point of view of racists, xenophobes, hyper nationalists or the profoundly ignorant. I have many times in chat been corrected and had no problem saying if someone was right. Just because you haven't seen it in the two hours we've been in the same room does not mean it doesn't happen.
    I can only go off of past history. There have been two prime examples (more than one interaction, but who's counting ) where you refused to look at evidence that conflicted with your point of view. The ironic thing is, we agree more than we disagree. I think if you actually engaged and at least humored an opposing view, you would be quite effective in making people reconsider their position... you're very intelligent and articulate (from what I've seen so far). I was speaking more matter-of-fact to Kayla. Clearly, neither of you will budge as neither of you think the other is right.

    Also, I agree with your point about her video not being "proof" or "evidence". While he makes statements he believes are factual, they aren't substantiated by anything other than what he believes to be true.
    Last edited by AdolfHipster; February 17th, 2018 at 04:13 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anti-Trump rally protests around the world.
    By Agricola in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 267
    Last Post: January 30th, 2017, 01:23 AM
  2. Trump's bizarre claim that "millions of illegal votes" cost him the popular vote
    By BraveLittleToaster in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: December 4th, 2016, 02:24 PM
  3. Gay parade
    By Jesusfan2 in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 9th, 2010, 09:10 AM