Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 231
Like Tree215Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Leftism is Lunacy

  1. #41
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    But at the same time, the right has moved so far right one can't be a conservative and honestly call themselves Christian either!

    DUMP BOTH PARTIES!

    Well the problem with that is one or the other will get into office. I stand on the party platform of the RNC and try to vote in those that support that agenda,small gov't,support of Israel,against abortion. Certainly its getting harder and harder to find people to vote for that accept party line.
    tourist and Deade like this.

  2. #42
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    I think support for Israel is one of those issues Christians can agree to disagree on without either party violating Biblical commands. There's a lot of complex wiggle room.

    Washington's Farewell address is, as always, a good guide for foreign policy. One we should go back to now that the Soviet Union's been dead for almost 30 years.

    Im going to have to google that and give it a read. Im very interested in history though I know a teaspoon full compared to you I think. But I do like to read and learn.
    zeroturbulence and Deade like this.

  3. #43
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    52
    Posts
    20,018
    Blog Entries
    21
    Rep Power
    275

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    Im going to have to google that and give it a read. Im very interested in history though I know a teaspoon full compared to you I think. But I do like to read and learn.
    It's a bit long, but here it is... from the Yale Law School no less...

    Avalon Project - Washington's Farewell Address 1796

    (this is the first I've heard of it myself )
    Desdichado, tourist and kaylagrl like this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point".
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Milk talk who in the land of taco are you posting to?

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    But at the same time, the right has moved so far right one can't be a conservative and honestly call themselves Christian either!

    DUMP BOTH PARTIES!
    There is no such thing as a far right. You are either a Constitutional believing American or you are a left wing nut job.
    kaylagrl likes this.

  5. #45
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    It's a bit long, but here it is... from the Yale Law School no less...

    Avalon Project - Washington's Farewell Address 1796

    (this is the first I've heard of it myself )
    Thanks brother! You're such a nice guy!
    tourist likes this.

  6. #46
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,000
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    528

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    Well the problem with that is one or the other will get into office. I stand on the party platform of the RNC and try to vote in those that support that agenda,small gov't,support of Israel,against abortion. Certainly its getting harder and harder to find people to vote for that accept party line.
    I stand on the platform with you.
    kaylagrl likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,392
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    There is, but it's never gained popularity in the US. American conservatives (even the traditionalist ones) are more Center-Right in that they believe natural hierarchies and universal human dignity exist in tandem.




    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    There is no such thing as a far right. You are either a Constitutional believing American or you are a left wing nut job.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,392
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Thank you, but I'm sure you know plenty I don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    Im going to have to google that and give it a read. Im very interested in history though I know a teaspoon full compared to you I think. But I do like to read and learn.
    kaylagrl likes this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  9. #49
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,278
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    There is no such thing as a far right. You are either a Constitutional believing American or you are a left wing nut job.
    And that kind of reasoning right there is one reason we are in the trouble we are in.

    Besides, I believe in the Bible before the constitution. Which says help the poor and don't horde riches. Yet that is all the far right is interested in doing - creating poverty to enrich their already rich friends, while continuing and adding to the bankruptcy of this country.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  10. #50
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,278
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    I stand on the platform with you.
    That's not a platform ... it's the deck of a sinking ship.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  11. #51
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,392
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    It's a well-grounded philosophical and historical observation and in no way precludes the possibility of multiple reasons as to why our country is in decline- ie reasons that transcend the political spectrum.


    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    And that kind of reasoning right there is one reason we are in the trouble we are in.

    Besides, I believe in the Bible before the constitution. Which says help the poor and don't horde riches. Yet that is all the far right is interested in doing - creating poverty to enrich their already rich friends, while continuing and adding to the bankruptcy of this country.
    kaylagrl and Deade like this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  12. #52
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,724
    Rep Power
    665

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    Um, that was a mom in general, not his mom. Context?
    Yeah, I realized that later My bad...
    kaylagrl and Deade like this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  13. #53
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,392
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Heck, the observation doesn't even preclude there being problems with the American Right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    It's a well-grounded philosophical and historical observation and in no way precludes the possibility of multiple reasons as to why our country is in decline- ie reasons that transcend the political spectrum.
    kaylagrl likes this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  14. #54
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    Thank you, but I'm sure you know plenty I don't.
    Nah,I know a bit of useless information on several topics. If you get me started on those I go like the wind. And it makes hubby sooo proud.rofl Don't mention Margret Sanger in my presence or we're off to the races.
    Deade likes this.

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    And that kind of reasoning right there is one reason we are in the trouble we are in.

    Besides, I believe in the Bible before the constitution. Which says help the poor and don't horde riches. Yet that is all the far right is interested in doing - creating poverty to enrich their already rich friends, while continuing and adding to the bankruptcy of this country.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. The Constitution is about protecting our rights and limiting government. Your idea is about government stealing people's money under the guise of ending poverty yet poverty has only multiplied.
    Deade likes this.

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Posts
    1,041
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    There is, but it's never gained popularity in the US. American conservatives (even the traditionalist ones) are more Center-Right in that they believe natural hierarchies and universal human dignity exist in tandem.
    No, there isn't. There are only American conservatives who believe "all men are created equal " and left wing nut jobs who don't believe that.
    Deade likes this.

  17. #57
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,392
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Hate to break it to you, but fringe wacko reactionaries exist.

    I could introduce you to a few of them if you like :P

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    No, there isn't. There are only American conservatives who believe "all men are created equal " and left wing nut jobs who don't believe that.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2014
    Age
    36
    Posts
    654
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    There is no such thing as a far right. You are either a Constitutional believing American or you are a left wing nut job.
    No, you are either a Christian saved by grace or you aren’t. Politics are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Plenty of good constitutional believing Americans are going to be burning in the fires of hell after they die. Unless they are saved then they aren’t any different than left wing nut jobs. We are all sinners and when it comes to morality and works we aren’t any better than the left wing nut jobs we mock.

    And if if someone isn’t a Christian then it isn’t our place to judge or mock them by calling them “nut jobs”. That’s not how you get disciples into the Kingdom and it completely goes against how Paul and Peter stated that we were supposed to treat pagans.
    HoneyDew and RickyZ like this.

  19. #59
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,278
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Quote Originally Posted by DevotiontoBible View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. The Constitution is about protecting our rights and limiting government. Your idea is about government stealing people's money under the guise of ending poverty yet poverty has only multiplied.
    You know, if people would only stop assuming they know what a person is all about... because 99.999% of the time THEY ARE WRONG.

    For example, you think that just because I said one word against the right that I must be a left wing nut job. Yet if you took the time to read AND CONSIDER what you have read you would understand that I'm no more a fan of the left wing nut jobs than I am the right wing nut jobs.

    But checking the facts and considering arguments just goes against people's preconceived notions. Which is really the thing that will ultimately cause us to be the end-times non-players that we are.

    The constitution declares ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. Yet show me a conservative Christian who thinks they truly are.

    Likewise, the Bible says if you can work but don't work you shouldn't eat. Show me a liberal Christian who will support that.

    BOTH sides are complicit in our decline. And we will continue to decline until people drop their preconceived ideas, open their eyes, and understand that.
    HoneyDew and Deade like this.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  20. #60
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,392
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: Leftism is Lunacy

    Uhhhhhh. Most of them?

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    You know, if people would only stop assuming they know what a person is all about... because 99.999% of the time THEY ARE WRONG.

    For example, you think that just because I said one word against the right that I must be a left wing nut job. Yet if you took the time to read AND CONSIDER what you have read you would understand that I'm no more a fan of the left wing nut jobs than I am the right wing nut jobs.

    But checking the facts and considering arguments just goes against people's preconceived notions. Which is really the thing that will ultimately cause us to be the end-times non-players that we are.

    The constitution declares ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. Yet show me a conservative Christian who thinks they truly are.

    Likewise, the Bible says if you can work but don't work you shouldn't eat. Show me a liberal Christian who will support that.

    BOTH sides are complicit in our decline. And we will continue to decline until people drop their preconceived ideas, open their eyes, and understand that.
    Deade likes this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast