Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 81
Like Tree95Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

  1. #41
    Viligant_Warrior
    Guest

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    When someone posts roughly 1,700 words to answer his own rather easily answered question, I kinda wonder, "Huh"?
    crossnote likes this.

  2. #42
    skylove7
    Guest

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Exactly once fallen.

    The man was closest thing to Satan that was human.

    I dont care if he wore a tutu
    And smoked cigars

    I dont even want to visualize the man.
    Silverwings likes this.

  3. #43
    tanach
    Guest

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    I just want to mention that the only way to avoid being a member of the Hitler Youth was to train for the Catholic Priesthood
    thats how Pope Benedict managed to leave it.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Mitspa's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2014
    Age
    49
    Posts
    16,040
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    76

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by tanach View Post
    I just want to mention that the only way to avoid being a member of the Hitler Youth was to train for the Catholic Priesthood
    thats how Pope Benedict managed to leave it.
    Hitler always considered himself a catholic and apparently had a working relationship with the Roman Church. What its thought they helped many Nazis escape punishment after the war even?
    kaylagrl likes this.

    1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
    56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
    57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.



  5. #45
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,379
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Hitler's mother was a pretty devout Roman Catholic. He also hailed from an historically Catholic nation.

    To call him a Christian depends on how far you want to stretch the meaning of "Christian." If it means having a vague cultural affiliation with Christendom, perhaps. If it means being an ardent and active member of the faith, then a Christian and/or Catholic he was not. If it means having a saving knowledge of Christ and obeying His commandments, he was definitely not.

    The man was so steeped in a bizarre admixture of Nietzschean, Darwinian, Socialist, Nationalist and Occult thought, he can only arguably be a considered a Christian based on the loosest definition of the term.

    What I find more interesting is how he was viewed by the Church. Particularly the Roman Catholic Church.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2015
    Age
    22
    Posts
    605
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Not sure, what good qualities we can gain from that "person".

  7. #47
    Senior Member prove-all's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2014
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,958
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    When Benito Mussolini became the Italian leader before World War ii,
    he called his regime the Holy Roman Empire.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benito_Mussolini

    Hitler led the Holy Roman Empire, even though he didn’t openly call his
    regime by that name. However, the Third Reich has a very similar meaning.
    tradition of Charlemagne.”Charlemagne was crowned emperor of
    the Holy Roman Empire in a.d. 800—the First Reich.

    when Charlemagne was crowned,the pope called him emperor of the fourth world empire.
    Approximately 40 million people were butchered during the so-called Holy Inquisition
    this church state relatationship they call holy, but fruits in history proves otherwise.


    The spirit of Charlemagne has returned. This past king who ruled the First
    Reich waded through a “sea of blood” to achieve his goal of ruling Europe.

    the Nazi war machine set out to rule the world and destroy
    anything that happened to be in its path.

    The name "Deutsches Reich" was occasionally applied in contemporary maps to
    the Holy Roman Empire, also called "Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation"
    from the 16th century onwards, though it constituted a supranational entity extending
    beyond the frontiers of the German language area

    -In 1938, Hitler had brought the insignia of (Charlemagne’s) First Reich,
    the imperial crown, the orb of empire, the scepter and the imperial sword
    from Vienna to Nuremberg. Hitler gave his most “inspired” speeches at the frenzied,
    torch-lit meetings there.

    -Adolf Hitler was 17 years old, a radical change occurred in his life.

    A friend close to Hitler was deeply shaken one day by his voice.
    In his book called "The Psychopathic God" Robert G.L. Waite wrote:
    ‘It was as if another being spoke out of his body,
    and moved him as much as it did me.

    Now he saw himself, like Rienzi, as the messiah of his people.
    He spoke of a ‘mandate which, one day, he would receive from
    the people to lead them out of servitude to the heights of freedom.

    -In 1926 Hitler said, “Christ was the greatest early fighter in the battle
    against the world enemy, the Jews …. The work that Christ started but
    could not finish, I—Adolf Hitler—will conclude”(John Toland, Adolf Hitler).
    Hitler considered the Jew to be the devil personified.

    -His Holiness welcomed Hitler’s representative,Franz von Papen,
    most graciously and remarked how pleased he was that the German
    government now had at its head a man uncompromisingly opposed to
    communism and Russian nihilism in all its forms.

    “The Vatican was so appreciative of being recognized as a full partner
    that it asked God to bless the Reich, and it ordered German bishops
    to swear allegiance to the National Socialist regime.

    -in the Pasewalk Hospital, 1918-1919 that Hitler said He was the leader sent
    by destiny. He must answer the ‘voices’ that he said he heard The voices told him
    to rescue his Motherland from the Jews who had violated her” .

    -After a speech at the Reichstag, an English observer,Maj. Francis Yeats
    Brown, said this about Hitler: “Duringthe rhetorical passages his voice
    mounted to the pitch of delirium: He was a man transformed and possessed.
    We were in the presence of a miracle” It was a supernatural miracle!
    Hitler was a “possessed” man.(Toland, op. cit.).

    -Observers saw his “domineering manner” and noticed a “new phenomenon
    has entered the room.”, this is the same thing people say about being in Obamas
    presence, these leaders have the spirit of antichrist , and the devil in them.

    -He will have a “fierce countenance”and compelling, gripping, frightening, hypnotic eyes!

    -in 1997, Martin Lee, in his fascinating book, The Beast Reawakens,
    revealed that “there had never really been a clean break from the Nazi
    past, given that the original leadership of the West German Bundeswehr
    was recruited directly from the upper echelons of Hitler’s army.

    And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full,
    a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

    -we should see this comming war machine from a mile away.
    “They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their
    dignity shall proceed of themselves.” Habakkuk 1:7

    -March 1957 brought a, (The Treaty of Rome), a revival to former rome.
    Treaty of Rome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    -on 1 December 2009 upon the rivision, and entry into force of (the Treaty of Lisbon),
    when the EU obtained a consolidated legal personality.

    the (Roman empire) is became oficially alive again,in europe.
    all we are waiting for is another devil influneced person to lead them, when time right.

    The parliamentary term (Reichstag) was first used in association with
    the (Holy Roman Empire). the building from where Hitler launched a war that
    cost about 50 million lives.

    German Parliaments met from 1894 to 1933 and again now [since 1999]

    -2014/12/08 Germany wants to be the “driving force in Europe of
    a parliamentary controlled European army,”

    This will be an EU army under strong German control.
    www.german-foreign-policy.com
    crossnote and Mitspa like this.

  8. #48
    Senior Member prove-all's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2014
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,958
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitspa View Post
    Hitler always considered himself a catholic and apparently had a working relationship with the Roman Church. What its thought they helped many Nazis escape punishment after the war even?
    -Brian Connell sums up In his book the situation that developed after Wwii.
    the German denazification effort a farce,saying the “Bavarian administration
    is largely in the hands of those who controlled it under Hitler.


    -four years after the Allies handed the denazification process over to
    the Germans,“The German government declared officially denazification
    procedure had been terminated” and said they were clean.

    -In 1996, a shocking World War 2 intelligence document made public,
    detailing an August 1944 meeting between top German industrialists,
    reveals a secret postwar plan to restore the Nazis to power.

    Several of Germany’s elite industries were represented, including Messerschmitt
    and Volkswagenwerks.These companies, the document asserts,were to “prepare
    themselves to finance the Nazi Party which would be forced to go underground.”
    which the vatican had people precent at meetings.

    the U.S. government did not make it public until 1996—over 50 years later!

    -in 1997, Martin Lee, in his fascinating book, The Beast Reawakens,
    revealed that “there had never really been a clean break from the Nazi
    past, given that the original leadership of the West German Bundeswehr
    was recruited directly from the upper echelons of Hitler’s army.
    Mitspa likes this.

  9. #49
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,808
    Rep Power
    234

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Yes and someone's youthful indiscretions should certainly be brought up 70 years later to drag people through the mud.

    Catholic church signed a concordat with Hitler ....

    The Reichskonkordat is the most controversial of several concordats between Germany and other nations that the Vatican negotiated during the pontificate of Pius XI. It is frequently discussed in works that deal with the rise of Hitler in the early 1930s and the Holocaust. The concordat has been described by some as giving moral legitimacy to the Nazi regime soon after Hitler had acquired quasi-dictatorial powers through the Enabling Act of 1933. Wikipedia

    I
    ​s that not true?
    crossnote and prove-all like this.

  10. #50
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,808
    Rep Power
    234

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by David_1 View Post
    Was Germany like more European countries Christian? Yes! Of course! Germany was the centre of Christendom for over 1000 years. That was called the First Reich, or The Holy Roman Empire (headquartered in Germany after Rome was lost).

    Many of the nations who fought against Germany and Italy were Christian.

    When the British fought the Colony in America they were both Christian nations, full of Christians.

    So my point is, so what?

    There are a lot of people on this forum that don't behave like Christians and have far right political ideologies like the Nazis (ie Most Republicans) so they are technically 'Christians'. They just don't act like it.

    But it's okay right? Once we join the club we can do anything we want right? Once saved always saved?

    So you'll be able to pal around with Hitler, Dick Cheney and child rapists in Heaven. Because as long as they were once saved, always saved. Because God just stops judging once you join the club right?????

    Republicans are like Nazis? Wow I find that more than slightly offensive.
    Silverwings likes this.

  11. #51
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    45
    Posts
    11,808
    Rep Power
    234

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post
    Sure he was..he was into "replacement" theology.
    Exactly! Therefore Christians contributed in the murders of 6 million Jews. Early church fathers had some very antisemitic views. Its no wonder some Jews are so against Christianity.

  12. #52
    Senior Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2015
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,706
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonimous View Post
    no, but he was nutbar to the extreme
    i think its a bit foolish to call people like hitler crazy. he did exactly what he wanted to do, it took most of the super powers to stop him and many of his evil circle went on to continue their work in other countries. crazy no, evil yes.

  13. #53
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,379
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by prove-all View Post
    When Benito Mussolini became the Italian leader before World War ii,
    he called his regime the Holy Roman Empire.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benito_Mussolini

    Hitler led the Holy Roman Empire, even though he didn’t openly call his
    regime by that name. However, the Third Reich has a very similar meaning.
    tradition of Charlemagne.”Charlemagne was crowned emperor of
    the Holy Roman Empire in a.d. 800—the First Reich.

    when Charlemagne was crowned,the pope called him emperor of the fourth world empire.
    Approximately 40 million people were butchered during the so-called Holy Inquisition
    this church state relatationship they call holy, but fruits in history proves otherwise.


    The spirit of Charlemagne has returned. This past king who ruled the First
    Reich waded through a “sea of blood” to achieve his goal of ruling Europe.

    the Nazi war machine set out to rule the world and destroy
    anything that happened to be in its path.

    The name "Deutsches Reich" was occasionally applied in contemporary maps to
    the Holy Roman Empire, also called "Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation"
    from the 16th century onwards, though it constituted a supranational entity extending
    beyond the frontiers of the German language area

    -In 1938, Hitler had brought the insignia of (Charlemagne’s) First Reich,
    the imperial crown, the orb of empire, the scepter and the imperial sword
    from Vienna to Nuremberg. Hitler gave his most “inspired” speeches at the frenzied,
    torch-lit meetings there.

    -Adolf Hitler was 17 years old, a radical change occurred in his life.

    A friend close to Hitler was deeply shaken one day by his voice.
    In his book called "The Psychopathic God" Robert G.L. Waite wrote:
    ‘It was as if another being spoke out of his body,
    and moved him as much as it did me.

    Now he saw himself, like Rienzi, as the messiah of his people.
    He spoke of a ‘mandate which, one day, he would receive from
    the people to lead them out of servitude to the heights of freedom.

    -In 1926 Hitler said, “Christ was the greatest early fighter in the battle
    against the world enemy, the Jews …. The work that Christ started but
    could not finish, I—Adolf Hitler—will conclude”(John Toland, Adolf Hitler).
    Hitler considered the Jew to be the devil personified.

    -His Holiness welcomed Hitler’s representative,Franz von Papen,
    most graciously and remarked how pleased he was that the German
    government now had at its head a man uncompromisingly opposed to
    communism and Russian nihilism in all its forms.

    “The Vatican was so appreciative of being recognized as a full partner
    that it asked God to bless the Reich, and it ordered German bishops
    to swear allegiance to the National Socialist regime.

    -in the Pasewalk Hospital, 1918-1919 that Hitler said He was the leader sent
    by destiny. He must answer the ‘voices’ that he said he heard The voices told him
    to rescue his Motherland from the Jews who had violated her” .

    -After a speech at the Reichstag, an English observer,Maj. Francis Yeats
    Brown, said this about Hitler: “Duringthe rhetorical passages his voice
    mounted to the pitch of delirium: He was a man transformed and possessed.
    We were in the presence of a miracle” It was a supernatural miracle!
    Hitler was a “possessed” man.(Toland, op. cit.).

    -Observers saw his “domineering manner” and noticed a “new phenomenon
    has entered the room.”, this is the same thing people say about being in Obamas
    presence, these leaders have the spirit of antichrist , and the devil in them.

    -He will have a “fierce countenance”and compelling, gripping, frightening, hypnotic eyes!

    -in 1997, Martin Lee, in his fascinating book, The Beast Reawakens,
    revealed that “there had never really been a clean break from the Nazi
    past, given that the original leadership of the West German Bundeswehr
    was recruited directly from the upper echelons of Hitler’s army.

    And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full,
    a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

    -we should see this comming war machine from a mile away.
    “They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their
    dignity shall proceed of themselves.” Habakkuk 1:7

    -March 1957 brought a, (The Treaty of Rome), a revival to former rome.
    Treaty of Rome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    -on 1 December 2009 upon the rivision, and entry into force of (the Treaty of Lisbon),
    when the EU obtained a consolidated legal personality.

    the (Roman empire) is became oficially alive again,in europe.
    all we are waiting for is another devil influneced person to lead them, when time right.

    The parliamentary term (Reichstag) was first used in association with
    the (Holy Roman Empire). the building from where Hitler launched a war that
    cost about 50 million lives.

    German Parliaments met from 1894 to 1933 and again now [since 1999]

    -2014/12/08 Germany wants to be the “driving force in Europe of
    a parliamentary controlled European army,”

    This will be an EU army under strong German control.
    www.german-foreign-policy.com
    Hence why they called it national socialism. Interestingly enough though, it was not built on custom and continuity like conservatism, but mythology admixed with a great deal of modern thought. They were trying to be revolutionaries, bringing a new mythology to the fore and dressing it up as reality.

    The next great leader of Germany, Konrad Audenaur, was a perennial opponent of the Nazis (though he had to lie low). His contention was that the system of the Holy Roman Empire was something quite different- one where people came together based on custom, religion, and a figurehead, but still maintained a degree of independence in governing themselves.

    Call it European fried federalism.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  14. #54
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    69
    Posts
    25,889
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    For what it's worth...

    Study Suggests Adolf Hitler Had Jewish and African Ancestors — History in the Headlines

    Was Adolf Hitler of Jewish and African descent? A recent DNA study by Belgian researchers suggests that the Fuhrer may have been more closely related to ethnic groups he considered “subhuman” than to his “Aryan” compatriots.
    Last edited by crossnote; July 25th, 2015 at 09:51 PM.

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2013
    Age
    34
    Posts
    20,303
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    So, he really just hated himself?
    crossnote and kaylagrl like this.

  16. #56
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    69
    Posts
    25,889
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    So, he really just hated himself?
    Hitler being part of the human race, you could say that for sure. The article left the matter hanging as a good possibility.
    Tintin likes this.

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  17. #57
    tanach
    Guest

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    The Hitler youth movement was not like the boy scouts. There was no choice but to join. The only way of avoiding it was to train for the catholic priesthood. Sounds bizzare but it is supposed to be true.

  18. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 19th, 2009
    Age
    64
    Posts
    27,514
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Adolf Hitler's actions would suggest to me he wasn't a Christian. I suppose that's an understatement.

  19. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2015
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Along with the Jews, black people, the disabled and homosexuals, were Christians who were also killed by the Nazis.

    3 Million Polish Christians as an estimate, plus thousands of Catholic Priests and Pastors of other denominations sent to concentration camps.

    Non-Jewish Victims of the Holocaust | Jewish Virtual Library

    A true devoted practicing follower of Christ wouldn't kill. Let alone kill the people of his own faith.

    I believe it was St Augustine who said- 'many who belong to the church, do not belong to God. Many who belong to God, do not belong to the church'

    Whether Hilter professed himself to be Christian, I believe, is somewhat irrelevant, his actions were anti-Christian and against the teaching of Christ.
    crossnote and Silverwings like this.

  20. #60
    didymos
    Guest

    Default Re: Was Adolf Hitler a Christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by tanach View Post
    I just want to mention that the only way to avoid being a member of the Hitler Youth was to train for the Catholic Priesthood
    thats how Pope Benedict managed to leave it.
    Out of the frying pan, into the fire.


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. hitler is back !
    By Apostol2013 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: March 23rd, 2014, 07:56 AM
  2. Hitler Survivor Warns America
    By J-Kay in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: July 24th, 2013, 08:02 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: May 2nd, 2012, 12:36 AM
  4. Adolf Hitler
    By Tobby17 in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: February 11th, 2012, 10:22 PM