Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
Like Tree43Likes

Christian Poems & Poetry

Inspired poet? Share your inspirations here! :)

Thread: I am not Worthy

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2014
    Age
    32
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    7

    Default I am not Worthy

    Most Holy Lord,
    Most High, my Savoiur,
    twas not for the lonliness,
    I could not know your love.

    If not for thy mercy and grace,
    The tears of my tortured soul.
    would forever flow.

    Tis nobler and sweeter,
    to walk in the light of your word,
    than the filth of this world.

    Iniquity did abound in me,
    and you O Lord have set me free.
    By the blood of your Only Begotten Son.
    I am healed, and made completely whole.

    Tis by your power and authority,
    and by your grace divine,
    That I am the man, you made me,
    and that I am what you want me to be.
    A sinner saved by Grace.

    At the cross I humbly bow,
    and this I truely confess
    Lord Of your love and Mercy,
    I am not worthy.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Lady4Him's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    That's beautiful! So true!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2014
    Age
    32
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    Thank you lady4him,
    Magenta likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Lady4Him's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    You are very welcome!
    Magenta likes this.

  5. #5
    bestbefore1973
    Guest

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    I know it's a poem, but I disagree with the premise.

    You are worthy.

    Matthew 10:31
    Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

  6. #6
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    5,175
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    Because He has made us worthy.
    Galatea likes this.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  7. #7
    bestbefore1973
    Guest

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    Because He has made us worthy.
    Ready for service, not that you're worthless because you may not know God.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2014
    Age
    32
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    amen guys thanks
    Magenta likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2016
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,989
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    Quote Originally Posted by bestbefore1973 View Post
    Ready for service, not that you're worthless because you may not know God.
    I think he meant he is unworthy of Christ's sacrifice.
    Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

  10. #10
    bestbefore1973
    Guest

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    Quote Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
    I think he meant he is unworthy of Christ's sacrifice.
    No..........

  11. #11
    Senior Member Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2016
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,989
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    Quote Originally Posted by bestbefore1973 View Post
    No..........
    Are you the poet? I think that is what his poem means. He can tell us if that is what he meant or if he meant something different.
    Magenta and MorningFlower like this.
    Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

  12. #12
    Senior Member Silverwings's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2016
    Age
    62
    Posts
    629
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    We are made worthy thru his sinless sacrifice.
    Silverwings

    All things work together for them who are called acccording to His purpose.
    Romans 8:28


    http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/141127-who-does-god-say-i-am-christ.html#post2773202

  13. #13
    bestbefore1973
    Guest

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    Quote Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
    Are you the poet? I think that is what his poem means. He can tell us if that is what he meant or if he meant something different.
    Eeeeeeeeep!

  14. #14
    Senior Member Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2016
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,989
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    Quote Originally Posted by bestbefore1973 View Post
    Eeeeeeeeep!
    I don't know what that means as I do not speak Homerese.
    Magenta likes this.
    Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

  15. #15
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    17,877
    Rep Power
    360

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth
    and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"

    That is a beautiful poem, fellow Canadian


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2014
    Age
    32
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    Galatea,

    My whole life I have been hated,
    rejected, and despised,
    I don't know if my parents ever loved me,
    nor if they ever wanted me,

    I am a man of sorrows,
    a man whose made a many mistakes,
    time I spend alone,
    Unbearable, unhealthy,
    Its like time in solitary confinement,

    But this I know, when I speak,
    that if God hadn't sent his son to die for me,
    I would never know what love really is.
    I praise Jesus, because, when I die,
    I'm not going to die alone, as I have lived.

    When He comes for me,
    and Im in eternity,
    his glory I will see.
    Those who called Jesus Lord and Saviour,
    Will I eternally be with,
    Enjoying the fellowship,
    and forgetting the pain I suffer,
    On this cursed earth.

    Because I walk this earth,
    as a pilgrim,
    as Christ did,
    It's because of the endured afflictions,
    that make me worthy of him.
    Because I have been down the road he walked,
    When he went to the cross and died for our sins.


    Quote Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
    Are you the poet? I think that is what his poem means. He can tell us if that is what he meant or if he meant something different.
    Kim111 and MorningFlower like this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,354
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    178

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    Alas as one who has walked the thorny ground of life and has been pierced by it's unforgiving thorns left in a barren and dry waste land of loneliness I too can speak the heart of this beautiful and most insightful heartfelt testimony. Walking this thorny path of life my feet cut and bleeding my arms and face having scars from falling down so many times my throat parched and scratchy from the thirst to just be love and to just matter to someone.

    But then a rush of living water that I never knew flooded the dry and thorny land replacing the dry and cracked ground with flourishing filled flowers of vibrant colors the thorns replaced with the silkiest and softens of lushes of grass the water pouring all over my dry cut and weary body healing me inside and out with a soothing cool refreshing feeling tingling all over me and inside me. And this waters name was Jesus
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2017
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    My heart goes out to you.. your poem brought tears to my eyes.
    Thinking and praying for you today.

  19. #19
    Senior Member jenniferand2's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2016
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,304
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    Quote Originally Posted by I_am_Canadian View Post
    amen guys thanks
    you are worthy all though I think there are times when we all feel that we fall short on the feeling worthy of his grace. I do at times feel like I have sinned so bad that there is no way God can forgive me. But i know that God is very forgiving and I am worthy even though sometimes I feel like i should not be.. I feel sometimes like there are far better Christians then myself who are way more worthy then I am of his grace. But i know deep down inside that God has me in his heart everyday and even with all the horrible mistakes I have made he will forgive me and love me eternally. Believe me I pretty much lost God for a major part of my young adult and middle adult years. I was hurt badly growing up and I turned away from God and lived the life of a major sinner. But years ago I came to my senses and brought my life back to God.. I still at times struggle with the fact that i walked away from God when I was young and I let Satan temp me to a life of sin. I think most of the reason why I walked away from God is because my parents divorced when I was 12 and it seemed like my life at the time was falling apart and i did not think it was fair or that God would let that happen so I lost faith. Plus after my parents divorce I had no parental guidance I pretty much raised myself. But I believe that I am worthy of Gods glory now.
    Let He Who lives without sin cast the first stone.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2014
    Age
    32
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: I am not Worthy

    Thank you I appreciate that,
    Thank you for your prayers

    Quote Originally Posted by Airy View Post
    My heart goes out to you.. your poem brought tears to my eyes.
    Thinking and praying for you today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. You Are Worthy of it All
    By 88 in forum Christian Music Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 7th, 2017, 11:43 PM
  2. Am I Worthy
    By DustyRhodes in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: January 18th, 2017, 07:12 AM
  3. You Are Worthy
    By Atwood in forum Christian Music Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 21st, 2015, 01:51 AM
  4. Worthy
    By KBond in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 27th, 2014, 07:00 PM
  5. You Are Worthy
    By Becky216 in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 2nd, 2012, 07:30 AM