Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By MorningFlower
  • 1 Post By biblelearner123
  • 2 Post By Adstar
  • 1 Post By biblelearner123
  • 2 Post By MorningFlower
  • 1 Post By MorningFlower
  • 1 Post By MorningFlower

Christian Poems & Poetry

Inspired poet? Share your inspirations here! :)

Thread: God's gift to us.

  1. #1
    Senior Member MorningFlower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2017
    Age
    34
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    5

    Default God's gift to us.

    God's gift to us.

    Glory to my Lord,
    He who redeemes my soul.
    All thanks to Him,
    for doing all of this for me.

    He saved me from God's wrath,
    during judgements day.
    He payed the price,
    I had to pay through my sins.

    He took all of my sins penalty,
    with Him on the cross.
    He was willing to pay with death,
    so I could come free before God.

    The third day He arose from the grave,
    Halleluya, what a joyous day it was.
    Our freedom in Jesus Christ had begun,
    salvation was given to us through Him.

    It is a gift God had in mind for mankind,
    given freely to those wanting to receive it.
    A free gift leading towards eternal life,
    salvation by grace alone, through faith.

    By: MorningFlower.
    Psalms 143:8.

    "Let the morning bring me word
    of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
    Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I lift up my soul. "


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2016
    Age
    17
    Posts
    135
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: God's gift to us.

    Amen! Praise His unconditional love!
    MorningFlower likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,891
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: God's gift to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by MorningFlower View Post
    God's gift to us.

    Glory to my Lord,
    He who redeemes my soul.
    All thanks to Him,
    for doing all of this for me.

    He saved me from God's wrath,
    during judgements day.
    He payed the price,
    I had to pay through my sins.

    He took all of my sins penalty,
    with Him on the cross.
    He was willing to pay with death,
    so I could come free before God.

    The third day He arose from the grave,
    Halleluya, what a joyous day it was.
    Our freedom in Jesus Christ had begun,
    salvation was given to us through Him.

    It is a gift God had in mind for mankind,
    given freely to those wanting to receive it.
    A free gift leading towards eternal life,
    salvation by grace alone, through faith.

    By: MorningFlower.
    Amen to this...

    So sad that many will not accept it as a gift but insult Jesus by trying to pay for it with their Works .. When Isaiah revealed that all our works are as filthy rags to God..


    Isaiah 64: KJV
    "{6} But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2016
    Age
    17
    Posts
    135
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: God's gift to us.

    It is, indeed ,very...:/:/:/
    Im reminded of what Jesus says...
    "Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into His harvest. Matthew 9:38
    MorningFlower likes this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member MorningFlower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2017
    Age
    34
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: God's gift to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by biblelearner123 View Post
    Amen! Praise His unconditional love!
    Thanks for your comment! And you are right, praise God!
    Psalms 143:8.

    "Let the morning bring me word
    of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
    Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I lift up my soul. "


  6. #6
    Senior Member MorningFlower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2017
    Age
    34
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: God's gift to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adstar View Post
    Amen to this...

    So sad that many will not accept it as a gift but insult Jesus by trying to pay for it with their Works .. When Isaiah revealed that all our works are as filthy rags to God..


    Isaiah 64: KJV
    "{6} But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."
    Thanks for your comment.

    True. Perhaps because we live in a world where we are taught about "conditional love" the most, so it is difficult understanding how unconditional love truly is? Now; There exists unconditional love as well, often one describes the love between parents and children as unconditional. Still, a lot of the ways of the world is more "conditional love" based.

    We are also not saved 'cause of our works but by grace alone.

    Ephesians 2, 8-9: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
    biblelearner123 likes this.
    Psalms 143:8.

    "Let the morning bring me word
    of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
    Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I lift up my soul. "


  7. #7
    Senior Member MorningFlower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2017
    Age
    34
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: God's gift to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by biblelearner123 View Post
    It is, indeed ,very...:/:/:/
    Im reminded of what Jesus says...
    "Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into His harvest. Matthew 9:38
    Not too sure of if I understand what you mean with the first sentence part?

    But it is true about the last part concerning the harvest.

    Matthew 9, 37-38: Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”

    Thanks for your comment again, too.
    Psalms 143:8.

    "Let the morning bring me word
    of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
    Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I lift up my soul. "


  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,891
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: God's gift to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by MorningFlower View Post
    Thanks for your comment.

    True. Perhaps because we live in a world where we are taught about "conditional love" the most, so it is difficult understanding how unconditional love truly is? Now; There exists unconditional love as well, often one describes the love between parents and children as unconditional. Still, a lot of the ways of the world is more "conditional love" based.

    We are also not saved 'cause of our works but by grace alone.

    Ephesians 2, 8-9: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
    Conditional Love is the Way people think.. People don't really need to be taught it.. The vast majority of people simply have it as their standard POV when it comes to Loving and being Loved and other types of relationships.. But the Way God thinks is not the same as people think.. His thinking is Higher then our thinking.. People need to Believe God and understand He is longsuffering towards us and quick to forgive.. But people end up humanising God.. Thinking God is like them.. So they cannot accept that the Atonement and eternal salvation is a Loving gift from the Perfect God..

    Isaiah 55: KJV
    6 "¶ Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: {7} Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. {8} ¶ For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. {9} For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

  9. #9
    Senior Member MorningFlower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2017
    Age
    34
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: God's gift to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adstar View Post
    Conditional Love is the Way people think.. People don't really need to be taught it.. The vast majority of people simply have it as their standard POV when it comes to Loving and being Loved and other types of relationships.. But the Way God thinks is not the same as people think.. His thinking is Higher then our thinking.. People need to Believe God and understand He is longsuffering towards us and quick to forgive.. But people end up humanising God.. Thinking God is like them.. So they cannot accept that the Atonement and eternal salvation is a Loving gift from the Perfect God..

    Isaiah 55: KJV
    6 "¶ Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: {7} Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. {8} ¶ For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. {9} For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
    It sure is a standard point of view for most people, yet that most build up love through conditional love is also more based on people's needs as well as from expectations given. "How much I give you!" - "How much you should give back to me!" Though I do think people learn about this from the time they are small, if you never teach a child that when someone gives you something you should give something else back in return, then the child would become awfully self-absorbed.

    I do agree with your last part; God's ways and thoughts are indeed higher than our's. Thanks again for your comment! Be blessed in Christ Jesus's name!
    Adstar likes this.
    Psalms 143:8.

    "Let the morning bring me word
    of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
    Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I lift up my soul. "


Similar Threads

  1. The Gift
    By stonesoffire in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 27th, 2016, 04:32 AM
  2. TV Evangelists Free gift Vs God's free gift.
    By Richie_2uk in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: March 20th, 2015, 10:15 AM
  3. Gift of Helps - not the glittery, showy gift, but probably the most useful
    By thecreationtutor in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: February 26th, 2014, 11:56 AM
  4. The One Gift.....
    By myfriendtiny in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2014, 04:04 PM
  5. Gift You Are
    By OFM in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 1st, 2012, 10:44 AM