Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree22Likes
  • 5 Post By DustyRhodes
  • 2 Post By IamWhoIam
  • 2 Post By mar09
  • 2 Post By mar09
  • 3 Post By mar09
  • 2 Post By mar09
  • 2 Post By mar09
  • 1 Post By DustyRhodes
  • 2 Post By mar09
  • 1 Post By oldethennew

Christian Poems & Poetry

Inspired poet? Share your inspirations here! :)

Thread: A Precious Morning

  1. #1
    Senior Member DustyRhodes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    890
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    42

    Default A Precious Morning

    The air is clear and fresh,
    The clouds are high and scattered,
    There is a coolness on the ears,
    There is love flowing
    Through my heart.
    The birds are awakening,
    Singing their songs,
    Clearing their throats,
    And looking for breakfast.
    The quietness is loud,
    Mysteries unravel,
    The sounds of nothing
    Echoing through the air.
    And you are there.
    You are everywhere,
    As I sit and rest my morning bones,
    You travel through me,
    And stop to see me,
    And I love that endlessly.

  2. #2
    Senior Member IamWhoIam's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,087
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: A Precious Morning


  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,206
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: A Precious Morning

    Yes, instead of starting a thread on Morning songs, here is the place to post them!

    DustyRhodes and IamWhoIam like this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,206
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: A Precious Morning

    Quote Originally Posted by DustyRhodes View Post
    The air is clear and fresh,
    The clouds are high and scattered,
    There is a coolness on the ears,
    There is love flowing
    Through my heart.
    The birds are awakening,
    Singing their songs,
    Clearing their throats,
    And looking for breakfast.
    The quietness is loud,
    Mysteries unravel,
    The sounds of nothing
    Echoing through the air.
    And you are there.
    You are everywhere,

    As I sit and rest my morning bones,
    You travel through me,
    And stop to see me,
    And I love that endlessly.
    I love that too, my morning bones=)
    oldethennew and DustyRhodes like this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,206
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: A Precious Morning

    Morning has broken

    It is a popular and well-known Christian hymn first published in 1931. It has words by English author Eleanor Farjeon and is set to a traditional Scottish Gaelic tune known as "Bunessan" (it shares this tune with the 19th century Christmas Carol "Child in the Manger". It is often sung in children's services. English pop musician and folk singer Cat Stevens (known as Yusuf Islam since 1978 after becoming a Muslim in 1977) included a version on his 1971 album Teaser and the Firecat. The song became identified with Stevens when it reached number six on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and number one on the U.S. easy listening chart in 1972.

    by geoffers47
    Published on Mar 30, 2016
    Magenta, DustyRhodes and IamWhoIam like this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,206
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: A Precious Morning

    Quote Originally Posted by mar09 View Post
    Morning has broken

    It is a popular and well-known Christian hymn first published in 1931. It has words by English author Eleanor Farjeon and is set to a traditional Scottish Gaelic tune known as "Bunessan" (it shares this tune with the 19th century Christmas Carol "Child in the Manger". It is often sung in children's services. English pop musician and folk singer Cat Stevens (known as Yusuf Islam since 1978 after becoming a Muslim in 1977) included a version on his 1971 album Teaser and the Firecat. The song became identified with Stevens when it reached number six on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and number one on the U.S. easy listening chart in 1972.
    Boghrat's instrumental.
    DustyRhodes and IamWhoIam like this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,206
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: A Precious Morning

    When morning gilds the skies... may Jesus Christ be praised!
    DustyRhodes and IamWhoIam like this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member DustyRhodes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    890
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: A Precious Morning

    Quote Originally Posted by mar09 View Post
    When morning gilds the skies... may Jesus Christ be praised!

    I love all that you posted above. Those songs and hymns are always with me.
    Thank you so much.
    IamWhoIam likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member IamWhoIam's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,087
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: A Precious Morning


  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,206
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: A Precious Morning

    Quote Originally Posted by DustyRhodes View Post
    I love all that you posted above. Those songs and hymns are always with me.
    Thank you so much.
    You are welcome. I love them too, and i so hope the young ppl esp who come to cc learn to appreciate them as well. Not very many get to listen to or learn them now, however, no? Btw, we were visiting relatives, and as i turned the pp of a hymnal, many songs of which i never really got to hear or learn, as usual=) my eyes were picking up titles of songs w/ this or that, like animals or food in title. Theres a few i'd like to share in time in the right thread!
    oldethennew and DustyRhodes like this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,613
    Rep Power
    147

    Default Re: A Precious Morning

    Dusty made me think of this poem that I wrote many, many, years ago, and
    wanted to share with him and others...

    As
    The Sun Rises
    My
    Spirit Realizes
    The
    Power Behind
    The
    Light...

    As
    The Morning Air
    Caresses My Hair,
    I
    Hear The Cardinals Sing...

    As
    The New Day
    Dares
    To Share
    Its
    Unfolding,
    I Kneel
    To Pray,
    Beholding
    The
    Essence
    Of
    God...
    mar09 likes this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,206
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: A Precious Morning

    Quote Originally Posted by IamWhoIam View Post
    This seems to be the first time i heard this song=)??

Similar Threads

  1. love is precious
    By michael100 in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2017, 09:40 PM
  2. Precious Mothers.
    By GOP in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 10th, 2016, 03:46 PM
  3. THE PRECIOUS BLOOD
    By PIXAPD8 in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2013, 10:59 PM
  4. precious
    By HisPoet in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 13th, 2013, 07:46 PM
  5. The Precious Lamb of God.
    By Ramon in forum Testimonies
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 17th, 2011, 02:12 PM