Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree25Likes
  • 8 Post By FenceMan
  • 2 Post By Saturn
  • 3 Post By FenceMan
  • 2 Post By Saturn
  • 3 Post By FenceMan
  • 1 Post By Magenta
  • 1 Post By SunsSunny
  • 3 Post By macthewriter
  • 2 Post By loverofjesus27

Christian Poems & Poetry

Inspired poet? Share your inspirations here! :)

Thread: Elegy for the Forgotten

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Elegy for the Forgotten

    This is a song I wrote as a sad reflection on the possibility that due to abortion some of us may have lost good friends, family members, and future spouses. It's easy to forget that everywhere we go there may have been familiar faces, neighbors, people driving down the road, people next to us on the bus, etc etc who were never even given the chance of life.

    So, instead, we go about our routines in a world of lost potential...

    Elegy for the Forgotten (All Rights Reserved by the writer - me)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Caught up in the rush of a busy life,
    Sometimes I forget.
    Lost amidst the noise and the shining lights,
    A little life may end.
    Goodbye, my someday friend.
    Goodbye, but not "The End".
    Goodbye.

    God's arms will be the cradle they never knew;
    His voice - the love we lost.
    But somewhere in His heart is forgiveness, too,
    Despite all we forgot.
    The line we dared to cross.
    Today we count the cost.
    Today...

    They say that life is just a choice we make.
    Prove to me these little lives were all mistakes!

    See the little face and the little eyes?
    Helpless hands and feet?
    Innocence is lost and we call it wise,
    A choice that meets our needs.
    A tear we cannot mend...
    Farewell, but not "The End",
    My friend.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Saturn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by FenceMan View Post
    This is a song I wrote as a sad reflection on the possibility that due to abortion some of us may have lost good friends, family members, and future spouses. It's easy to forget that everywhere we go there may have been familiar faces, neighbors, people driving down the road, people next to us on the bus, etc etc who were never even given the chance of life.

    So, instead, we go about our routines in a world of lost potential...

    Elegy for the Forgotten (All Rights Reserved by the writer - me)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Caught up in the rush of a busy life,
    Sometimes I forget.
    Lost amidst the noise and the shining lights,
    A little life may end.
    Goodbye, my someday friend.
    Goodbye, but not "The End".
    Goodbye.

    God's arms will be the cradle they never knew;
    His voice - the love we lost.
    But somewhere in His heart is forgiveness, too,
    Despite all we forgot.
    The line we dared to cross.
    Today we count the cost.
    Today...

    They say that life is just a choice we make.
    Prove to me these little lives were all mistakes!

    See the little face and the little eyes?
    Helpless hands and feet?
    Innocence is lost and we call it wise,
    A choice that meets our needs.
    A tear we cannot mend...
    Farewell, but not "The End",
    My friend.
    That's so sad, but so well written.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
    That's so sad, but so well written.
    I just rediscovered it in my files and thought it was worth sharing here.

    Yeah, even though I wrote it it makes me cry sometimes... :\

  4. #4
    Senior Member Saturn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by FenceMan View Post
    I just rediscovered it in my files and thought it was worth sharing here.

    Yeah, even though I wrote it it makes me cry sometimes... :\
    I can see why! It's a very awful thought to think about all the babies who have been aborted and who they could have been.

    Thanks for sharing it here

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
    I can see why! It's a very awful thought to think about all the babies who have been aborted and who they could have been.

    Thanks for sharing it here
    Sure! I hope in some indirect way it can also be comforting to know God has a purpose in it all, as well.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,149
    Rep Power
    488

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by FenceMan View Post
    ... even though I wrote it, it makes me cry sometimes... :\
    It is very poignant, eloquently put together, and evocative Well done, you
    FenceMan likes this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    31
    Posts
    137
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    Very very very beautiful, thank you for sharing this
    FenceMan likes this.

  8. #8
    Junior Member macthewriter's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    Sad, but true, makes you remember all those who might have had a successful life if they had been allowed to be born
    Magenta, FenceMan and stand2 like this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member loverofjesus27's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,340
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    I hate earth day and the cruelty they show a fetus with a right arm torn apart. I needed a hug. (
    Magenta and FenceMan like this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,149
    Rep Power
    488

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten



    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    I hate earth day and the cruelty they show a fetus with a right arm torn apart. I needed a hug. (
    I wasn't sure what you meant about Earth Day, but I looked up the link between abortion and Earth Day and found this conversation on a website about abortion...

    Question: What does abortion have to do with Earth Day?



    Answerer #1:
    humans are part of the planet and technically are animals. also, aborted fetuses are incinerated which may add to pollution, then the ashes are either thrown or used as fertilizer.



    Answer #2:
    Both make the Earth a better place!!!



    Answer #3:
    You use fetuses to fertilize the soil.



    People are not just animals, and we are talking about babies. Would these people say "You use babies to fertilize the soil"?

    If these people were serious (and even if they were joking), this world is full of very sick twisted people. We are quickly slipping back to the stone age, folks. Have you noticed the rise in things formerly unthinkable in our societies like cannibalism and polygamy and incest?

    I read a bit ago about some American reality show host who joined a tribe in drinking from a human skull and eating human flesh... And there is a very active movement to legalize polygamy and incest which I'm sure will be the next major push after the transgender subculture believes they have gained their "victory".

    Satan wants to normalize these things in people's minds. We cannot let that happen. We need to pray desperately for God's mercy and for the Holy Spirit to flood the US again (not to exclude the rest of the world of course, but it is the country I know best! )

  12. #12
    Senior Member loverofjesus27's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,340
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    I always go to Job.....

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    I always go to Job.....
    How do you mean?

  14. #14
    Senior Member loverofjesus27's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,340
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    TO not feel bad about an aborted baby job would say i wish i was an abortive baby because his conditions were worse than that of an aborted baby. Not saying i would abort or am pro abortion i am pro life i’d rather have my baby with leprosy than for it to die.
    MY Dr. rocks

  15. #15
    Senior Member loverofjesus27's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,340
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    I believe a baby can sense what happens to abortive babies in other wombs. And that baby cries everytime he/she loses connection. So we must think of our own babies rather than pointing to abortive babies we must comfort our babies.
    MY Dr. rocks

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    TO not feel bad about an aborted baby job would say i wish i was an abortive baby because his conditions were worse than that of an aborted baby. Not saying i would abort or am pro abortion i am pro life i’d rather have my baby with leprosy than for it to die.
    Oh, I see! So what you mean is, in some ways aborted babies have it better than us simply because they get to be with Jesus first.

    You may be right, though in all honesty the theology of eternity in Heaven for babies who die before being able to know about their need for Jesus isn't 100% confident, that I'm aware of. However, knowing the character of God, I think it's fair to assume that He would be merciful to them. I think the same goes for people who have mental issues that keep them from comprehending their sinful nature. But it's a tricky subject...

    Yes, either way to choose life over death is always best and God's will. It what Jesus did on the cross (the paradox of salvation) And that applies to ourselves, too. So, no, suicide is not a God-pleasing option, either.

  17. #17
    Senior Member loverofjesus27's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,340
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    MY Dr. rocks

  18. #18
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: Elegy for the Forgotten

    That is very, very powerful. Thanks for sharing.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

Similar Threads

  1. The forgotten Name
    By Vangelina in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 23rd, 2017, 12:39 AM
  2. God has forgotten me
    By Crazy4GODword in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: February 16th, 2014, 09:45 PM
  3. Known but forgotten
    By rj in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 3rd, 2013, 08:38 PM
  4. The Forgotten
    By Spartacus1122 in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 16th, 2012, 01:42 AM
  5. Not Forgotten
    By phil36 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 5th, 2012, 06:44 AM