Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 272
Like Tree584Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: A Man desires a Woman

  1. #181
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    314

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastKnight View Post
    I do believe it is vital for the woman and the man to do what is necessary to make a family work if they are going to make one. A woman having a craft, trade or even a hobby that she can excel at and add meaningful value to the family should be an obligation. I have not known women in my encounters to seek to better themselves for the good of the family but rather for their own gains. I have known many women who's only desire is when they will be able to ditch the man and go shake their rompis on the dance floor. In fact, that is about all that I have known is maybe not even women but men too who are just out for themselves and I don't fit in with that thinking and I have not for a long time. Maybe it is where I live and maybe it is US or world wide, the Hollywood lust that has taken over everybody's spirit and their temptations that they give in to. Perhaps the people have been trained up by sex scenes and pornography.
    Pornography is another thing that has stepped into relationships where it does not belong. Some women or the tv portrays it that they accept that, that is who the man is and porn is ok and it doesn't hurt anyone. That is far from true. It is a poison a serpent that infiltrates and burrows to destroy and sickens the minds of those who allow it in. Even promiscuous flirtations such as music videos that show half naked women twerking and.... bikini magazines even have the same harmful effects of pornography. It is so readily available to even children and nobody can search through the youtube home screen without seeing a half naked body or some seductive selfie on facebook.
    Aside, I know there are those men and women who have not been deceived by such vial temptations of the enemy and reckless actions of sinful flesh. Then there are those that had to learn the hard way and those who don't care. Unfortunately for me, I have only known the dark side of the world until recently. I asked God to show me the Good in the world, I told him that I was tired of the bad and that if there was good to please reveal it to me and God answered in many ways. God is awesome! This started out as a search for opinions but is maybe turning into a quest for what is unknown to me... Godly people, those who live to seek out the Lord. I had to get myself right first and that meant giving up the old life and drawing close to God.
    I know what it is to be emotionally abused and physically abused, cheated on, lied to, ripped off, deceived, I know what it feels to give everything and get nothing but hatred in return. I know the depths of pain and suffering and I leave that all behind. So what I seek now is Love, forgiveness, joy, laughter, smiles that mean something, and Christ first. No longer do I want to be effected by how someone is treating me but overcome with love.
    I do not have the confidence to get through one day without Jesus let alone try to engage someone.
    So I guess you pulled it out of me. But here comes the punchline.
    After having everything above me and used as a weapon, a bigger truck than me, more money, older than me, more kids than me,... it was all used to defeat me and crush me. Now I know that it was not because of me but what she was dealing with inside of herself and had to feel she was higher and mightier it became a competition for her and for me just trying not to drown. I little tiny woman in a big enormous truck that made her look like a little child in comparison. does cry out and seeking attention by any means = complete sabotage of marriage.
    Everybody should own a pickup truck and a four wheel drive at that, man and woman both. But mine has to be bigger! LOL she can make all the money in the world, but she can spend it on me.
    It really isn't about what a woman does but does she do it in LOVE.
    I got nothing else, but there is so much more.
    You need nothing else when your heart is open to love and your mind turned to God. May the good Lord bless you and keep you and bestow all the true riches of a bountiful life upon you.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  2. #182
    GODisLOVE7
    Guest

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastKnight View Post
    I do believe it is vital for the woman and the man to do what is necessary to make a family work if they are going to make one. A woman having a craft, trade or even a hobby that she can excel at and add meaningful value to the family should be an obligation. I have not known women in my encounters to seek to better themselves for the good of the family but rather for their own gains. I have known many women who's only desire is when they will be able to ditch the man and go shake their rompis on the dance floor. In fact, that is about all that I have known is maybe not even women but men too who are just out for themselves and I don't fit in with that thinking and I have not for a long time. Maybe it is where I live and maybe it is US or world wide, the Hollywood lust that has taken over everybody's spirit and their temptations that they give in to. Perhaps the people have been trained up by sex scenes and pornography.
    Pornography is another thing that has stepped into relationships where it does not belong. Some women or the tv portrays it that they accept that, that is who the man is and porn is ok and it doesn't hurt anyone. That is far from true. It is a poison a serpent that infiltrates and burrows to destroy and sickens the minds of those who allow it in. Even promiscuous flirtations such as music videos that show half naked women twerking and.... bikini magazines even have the same harmful effects of pornography. It is so readily available to even children and nobody can search through the youtube home screen without seeing a half naked body or some seductive selfie on facebook.
    Aside, I know there are those men and women who have not been deceived by such vial temptations of the enemy and reckless actions of sinful flesh. Then there are those that had to learn the hard way and those who don't care. Unfortunately for me, I have only known the dark side of the world until recently. I asked God to show me the Good in the world, I told him that I was tired of the bad and that if there was good to please reveal it to me and God answered in many ways. God is awesome! This started out as a search for opinions but is maybe turning into a quest for what is unknown to me... Godly people, those who live to seek out the Lord. I had to get myself right first and that meant giving up the old life and drawing close to God.
    I know what it is to be emotionally abused and physically abused, cheated on, lied to, ripped off, deceived, I know what it feels to give everything and get nothing but hatred in return. I know the depths of pain and suffering and I leave that all behind. So what I seek now is Love, forgiveness, joy, laughter, smiles that mean something, and Christ first. No longer do I want to be effected by how someone is treating me but overcome with love.
    I do not have the confidence to get through one day without Jesus let alone try to engage someone.
    So I guess you pulled it out of me. But here comes the punchline.
    After having everything above me and used as a weapon, a bigger truck than me, more money, older than me, more kids than me,... it was all used to defeat me and crush me. Now I know that it was not because of me but what she was dealing with inside of herself and had to feel she was higher and mightier it became a competition for her and for me just trying not to drown. I little tiny woman in a big enormous truck that made her look like a little child in comparison. does cry out and seeking attention by any means = complete sabotage of marriage.
    Everybody should own a pickup truck and a four wheel drive at that, man and woman both. But mine has to be bigger! LOL she can make all the money in the world, but she can spend it on me.
    It really isn't about what a woman does but does she do it in LOVE.
    I got nothing else, but there is so much more.
    Well said! These verses came to mind...

    “If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.”
    **John‬ *15:19‬ *NIV‬‬


    “But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.””
    **1 Samuel‬ *16:7‬ *NIV‬‬

  3. #183
    jennymae
    Guest

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
    I haven't ever met a woman who spits tobacco, either, and I live in the South! There are women here who drive trucks, but not me. My driving skills are sorely lacking, so my vehicle of choice is a Mini-Cooper. That's about the biggest thing I can park, and not double park.
    Southern belles don't chew, and most certainly don't spit, tobacco. That would be an abomination. Neither do Southern belles get drunk, nor be Southern belles using foul language (bless your heart and aren't you sweet/precious are okay).

    Southern belles knows how to use a gun, but will let the man believe she can't hit the barn from three ft. away. Same goes for operating trucks and ATV's. She is screaming if she is encountering a snake and there's a man nearby. If it ain't no man around she will just twist the snakes head off with her bare hands.
    seoulsearch, Lenardzw and Galatea like this.

  4. #184
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2014
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,622
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by jennymae View Post
    She is screaming if she is encountering a snake and there's a man nearby. If it ain't no man around she will just twist the snakes head off with her bare hands.
    "If a woman twists a snake's head off with her bare hands in the woods - and there weren't no man around to witness it --- do ya reckon it really happened...?"

    Galatea likes this.
    Jesus Is Lord!
    'KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS'
    "Glory to God; NONE to Satan. Forever, and Ever, and Ever. Amen, and Amen, and Amen."


    * Olivet Discourse * Order Of Events * Second Coming * Time Line *

    Click here to check out my Just-For-Christian-Chat page.

    Awareness + Open Eyes + Common Sense + Discernment =>
    "The ability to step outside the MATRIX and see it for yourself..."

    Humility => Knowledge + Awareness + Discernment


  5. #185
    jennymae
    Guest

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryA View Post
    "If a woman twists a snake's head off with her bare hands in the woods - and there weren't no man around to witness it --- do ya reckon it really happened...?"

    Now go get that snake, will you.
    Lenardzw likes this.

  6. #186
    Member TheLastKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2016
    Age
    34
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    I always wanted to try some rattler!

  7. #187
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2014
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,622
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by jennymae View Post
    Now go get that snake, will you.
    'man' response number one:

    "What snake?"


    'man' response number two:

    "Whatcha want me to do with it? It's your snake..."


    'man' response number three:

    "If you wanted that snake, you shouldn't have left it in the woods..."


    Jesus Is Lord!
    'KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS'
    "Glory to God; NONE to Satan. Forever, and Ever, and Ever. Amen, and Amen, and Amen."


    * Olivet Discourse * Order Of Events * Second Coming * Time Line *

    Click here to check out my Just-For-Christian-Chat page.

    Awareness + Open Eyes + Common Sense + Discernment =>
    "The ability to step outside the MATRIX and see it for yourself..."

    Humility => Knowledge + Awareness + Discernment


  8. #188
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2014
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,622
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by jennymae View Post
    Now go get that snake, will you.
    "Oh - but she did ask..."

    Jesus Is Lord!
    'KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS'
    "Glory to God; NONE to Satan. Forever, and Ever, and Ever. Amen, and Amen, and Amen."


    * Olivet Discourse * Order Of Events * Second Coming * Time Line *

    Click here to check out my Just-For-Christian-Chat page.

    Awareness + Open Eyes + Common Sense + Discernment =>
    "The ability to step outside the MATRIX and see it for yourself..."

    Humility => Knowledge + Awareness + Discernment


  9. #189
    Senior Member GandalfTheWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2015
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryA View Post
    'man' response number one:

    "What snake?"


    'man' response number two:

    "Whatcha want me to do with it? It's your snake..."


    'man' response number three:

    "If you wanted that snake, you shouldn't have left it in the woods..."


    And the Hillbilly's response: Hold my beer and watch me catch that snake with my bare hands...

  10. #190
    Senior Member Lenardzw's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2015
    Age
    47
    Posts
    426
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Here in my part of the world I've seen women as the lifeline of the family. Many of them do virtually everything, working in fields or selling their wares/produce at a market. Most of the vendors on the pavements of my city are women. A woman would often have a crying baby on her back or at her feet tugging on her wrap around skirt in the hope of getting more of the yoghurt she picked up at the store earlier. She wakes up the chickens in the morning as she fetches and boils water for her husbands bath (why he can't sort his own water out beats me) before doing a few chores and getting her older child ready for school. She then has to take her wares to the market (nowadays they have flooded the central business district) by lifting the huge and heavy load to the bus stop and persuading the minibus conductor to allow her to place it on the bus as "another paying passenger." The day is usually an eventful one with the odd cat and mouse battle with municipal police if she is deemed to be hawking without a licence in an "unauthorized location" - which these days means "everywhere."

    At 8pm you can still see her trying her sell her wares before finally packing up and heading home to a sometimes, ungrateful husband who is annoyed because his meal was not ready when he returned from the pub. I have no idea what time she goes to bed but she'd up at dawn (or before) the next day and every day from Monday to Monday. Granted this is not the lot of many women in my country or in the continent but this scenario is quite familiar to many families.
    So..... when I see this woman on the street, she won't look glamorous or even delicate, because she hasn't the time to spend on her appearance. Besides, carrying all those goods up and down is not "hairstyle friendly" and certainly ruins nails.I still respect her though and it would appear from the child still tugging at her skirt, that some guy thinks shes awesome. I'm sure many women in the West can relate to this on some level. Getting to understand a womans' journey before deriding her truck driving, or her dungarees is a good place for a man to start, before we make up our mental lists of what is or is not an acceptable woman. If she is a real Christian that a great start. Whatever her dress sense is and whatever her mannerisms are, there's a story in there. She may work two jobs to look after her family so visits to the hairdresser and manicurist may be uncommon. She may have to come across as more firm, straight-talking and "unfeminine" to make her life work. She is strong, strong-willed and may or may not have an abrasive manner when you first encounter her. She's still a woman.

    Generally, African men tend to have a sense of entitlement when it comes to their attitude towards women. Christian men may be taught to behave differently but certain cultural mindsets are hard to break down. i often hear young men talk about the type of woman they want, but when I look at them and their behaviour I have to ask, "But why would she want you?" I think that the more we appreciate and value women in our communities, the more reasonable we will be with our expectations.

  11. #191
    Senior Member Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2016
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,703
    Rep Power
    88

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastKnight View Post
    I do believe it is vital for the woman and the man to do what is necessary to make a family work if they are going to make one. A woman having a craft, trade or even a hobby that she can excel at and add meaningful value to the family should be an obligation. I have not known women in my encounters to seek to better themselves for the good of the family but rather for their own gains. I have known many women who's only desire is when they will be able to ditch the man and go shake their rompis on the dance floor. In fact, that is about all that I have known is maybe not even women but men too who are just out for themselves and I don't fit in with that thinking and I have not for a long time. Maybe it is where I live and maybe it is US or world wide, the Hollywood lust that has taken over everybody's spirit and their temptations that they give in to. Perhaps the people have been trained up by sex scenes and pornography.
    Pornography is another thing that has stepped into relationships where it does not belong. Some women or the tv portrays it that they accept that, that is who the man is and porn is ok and it doesn't hurt anyone. That is far from true. It is a poison a serpent that infiltrates and burrows to destroy and sickens the minds of those who allow it in. Even promiscuous flirtations such as music videos that show half naked women twerking and.... bikini magazines even have the same harmful effects of pornography. It is so readily available to even children and nobody can search through the youtube home screen without seeing a half naked body or some seductive selfie on facebook.
    Aside, I know there are those men and women who have not been deceived by such vial temptations of the enemy and reckless actions of sinful flesh. Then there are those that had to learn the hard way and those who don't care. Unfortunately for me, I have only known the dark side of the world until recently. I asked God to show me the Good in the world, I told him that I was tired of the bad and that if there was good to please reveal it to me and God answered in many ways. God is awesome! This started out as a search for opinions but is maybe turning into a quest for what is unknown to me... Godly people, those who live to seek out the Lord. I had to get myself right first and that meant giving up the old life and drawing close to God.
    I know what it is to be emotionally abused and physically abused, cheated on, lied to, ripped off, deceived, I know what it feels to give everything and get nothing but hatred in return. I know the depths of pain and suffering and I leave that all behind. So what I seek now is Love, forgiveness, joy, laughter, smiles that mean something, and Christ first. No longer do I want to be effected by how someone is treating me but overcome with love.
    I do not have the confidence to get through one day without Jesus let alone try to engage someone.
    So I guess you pulled it out of me. But here comes the punchline.
    After having everything above me and used as a weapon, a bigger truck than me, more money, older than me, more kids than me,... it was all used to defeat me and crush me. Now I know that it was not because of me but what she was dealing with inside of herself and had to feel she was higher and mightier it became a competition for her and for me just trying not to drown. I little tiny woman in a big enormous truck that made her look like a little child in comparison. does cry out and seeking attention by any means = complete sabotage of marriage.
    Everybody should own a pickup truck and a four wheel drive at that, man and woman both. But mine has to be bigger! LOL she can make all the money in the world, but she can spend it on me.
    It really isn't about what a woman does but does she do it in LOVE.
    I got nothing else, but there is so much more.
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think you probably need to look around at your church. I understand you are chagrined about the way ungodly women behave. If you want to find yourself a godly woman, then you have to go where they are- this means church. God bless you, and I hope you are able to find her.
    tourist, Demi777 and Magenta like this.
    Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

  12. #192
    Senior Member Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2016
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,703
    Rep Power
    88

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by jennymae View Post
    Southern belles don't chew, and most certainly don't spit, tobacco. That would be an abomination. Neither do Southern belles get drunk, nor be Southern belles using foul language (bless your heart and aren't you sweet/precious are okay).

    Southern belles knows how to use a gun, but will let the man believe she can't hit the barn from three ft. away. Same goes for operating trucks and ATV's. She is screaming if she is encountering a snake and there's a man nearby. If it ain't no man around she will just twist the snakes head off with her bare hands.
    I must not be a Southern belle, then. I fit the first paragraph to a tee, but I am scared to death of guns! I couldn't drive an atv to save my life.
    Magenta and jennymae like this.
    Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

  13. #193
    jennymae
    Guest

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
    I must not be a Southern belle, then. I fit the first paragraph to a tee, but I am scared to death of guns! I couldn't drive an atv to save my life.
    I guess I was, somehow...sorta...carried away whenever I wrote that lil piece on the belles.
    Magenta likes this.

  14. #194
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2017
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    is there true love between man and women?

  15. #195
    Senior Member proverbs35's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2012
    Age
    41
    Posts
    586
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenardzw View Post
    Generally, African men tend to have a sense of entitlement when it comes to their attitude towards women. Christian men may be taught to behave differently but certain cultural mindsets are hard to break down. i often hear young men talk about the type of woman they want, but when I look at them and their behaviour I have to ask, "But why would she want you?" I think that the more we appreciate and value women in our communities, the more reasonable we will be with our expectations.
    I agree. I have experienced and observed what you are talking about here. A lot of African American men have that same sense of entitlement.
    seoulsearch and Lenardzw like this.

  16. #196
    Senior Member EmilyNats's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2016
    Age
    17
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryA View Post
    When I was your age, it was actually a fairly common thing to see a gun rack in the back window of a truck -- and, no one thought anything about it, as far as it being 'unusual', 'improper', 'threatening', etc. Not only that, but you rarely heard about anyone breaking into a truck to steal a gun off of the gun rack, either...

    "Alas, the world has changed a lot in my lifetime..."


    Yeah,the last part is why I doubt I'm putting a gun rack up. I live in Redneckville, so I would be readily accepted by the majority of the community and not bothered about it. Yet there is always the chance that some hoodlum out there will try to pull something. So I'm thinking something more along the lines of a handgun somewhere handy and out of sight. ^.^
    Magenta likes this.

  17. #197
    Senior Member EmilyNats's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2016
    Age
    17
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell725 View Post
    Have you seen muslims in America who spit? Some muslims who belong to Ethnic groups here, both men and women, spit a lot specially if they are angry. I know a woman who spits on her husband when they fight over a cheating suspicion without even proof. The husband also does the same to his wife when he suspects her of cheating on him. Makes me think twice on getting married. *sad face
    I am glad to say that I have not had to have a lot of contact with Muslims. Around my area everyone is pretty much kept in good behavior, and if not they don't typically stay around long. However when I went to a larger city I did have some random black chick spit at the ground while very pointedly glaring at me. I have no idea what her problem was.
    Magenta likes this.

  18. #198
    Senior Member EmilyNats's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2016
    Age
    17
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheWhite View Post
    And the Hillbilly's response: Hold my beer and watch me catch that snake with my bare hands...
    And have you heard what the most common last words of a redneck are?

    "Hey guys, watch this!"
    Magenta likes this.

  19. #199
    jennymae
    Guest

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyNats View Post
    I am glad to say that I have not had to have a lot of contact with Muslims. Around my area everyone is pretty much kept in good behavior, and if not they don't typically stay around long. However when I went to a larger city I did have some random black chick spit at the ground while very pointedly glaring at me. I have no idea what her problem was.
    I have heard that is a way of showing disrespect and contempt towards people that are not like them. A cab driver told me that.
    Magenta and EmilyNats like this.

  20. #200
    Senior Member EmilyNats's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2016
    Age
    17
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by jennymae View Post
    I have heard that is a way of showing disrespect and contempt towards people that are not like them. A cab driver told me that.
    Yep. Even if I hadn't known that at the time, the way she looked at me would have immediately enlightened me.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who desires all men to be saved! Let get along!!!
    By Bookends in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: January 29th, 2013, 11:18 AM
  2. desires and hopes
    By Blain in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2012, 10:45 PM
  3. DESIRES OF UR HEART
    By shirley in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 10th, 2012, 06:38 PM
  4. desires of your heart
    By sweetnshy in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: December 14th, 2009, 11:14 AM
  5. What are the desires of your heart?
    By dothackzero in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: November 23rd, 2009, 10:30 PM