Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 260
Like Tree552Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: A Man desires a Woman

  1. #121
    Senior Member IDEAtor's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    622
    Blog Entries
    65
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    TheLastKnight

    In addition to God and your living according to the Spirit, you desire a type of woman, not a type of man.
    We get what you mean. Remember, posts can be inspiring pieces for people to pull apart for one's own musings.

    In this case, your original post stereotyped, so comedians ran with it.
    Your heart is evident, though. If some lady agrees with you, then maybe a connection is down the line.
    However, be careful: some "women" really are men.

    Prayer:
    Lord,
    Thanks for LastKnight's recognizing what's important to him in a relationship with another woman.
    If there is anything that hinders a more enriching relationship, help change his attitude;
    so he may not miss a match made from heaven. Otherwise, help him in his contentment with You.
    Scratch that, either way, help him to find contentment in Christ. Your will be done, in Jesus' name, amen.
    Mooky and GODisLOVE7 like this.
    I appreciate your ideas, advice, and prayers. I mean to love Jesus.

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2014
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastKnight View Post
    My primary post as it has been a thorn in my side due to the online social sarcasm that I can liken to Facebook. Not that I should let it drag me down as much as it has already. Maybe I can begin to feel better about myself after some clarification.
    Ok, maybe not all men but me. I want to marry a woman who is a woman. I want to marry a woman that is my best friend. I do not want to marry a woman who tries to be my Bro as a man would be my Bro. I like feminist properties in women not masculine properties. Love is very important when it comes to marriage and marriage should not be sought without Love. A relationship (marriage) without God in the center is destined for failure. A marriage takes two that become one flesh and they each have their part given by God. If the naturality of a marriage that God instilled into humankind is allowed to flourish then that marriage will be unstoppable. This only comes with putting him first. If two people decide they know best and make their own fate in a Godless relationship then fate it will be.
    Perhaps my admirations in a wife are delusional as I have divorced twice over already.
    I gave up on relationships four years ago. I thought maybe I could use this to vent but it only made things worse.
    Yes I want a woman to be pretty and take care of herself. If a woman dresses herself to show off her breasts and put focus on her booty and draw attention from men sexually, she is not marriage material, she seeks sexual attention from men before marriage she will do it after marriage also.
    Sometimes I think about looking once again but relationships always got in the way of my relationship with the Almighty. I know that if Both are grounded in God and seek him Together then that relationship with God must grow also and not falter as it did before. I didn't have enough strength to carry enough oil for two lamps and Being unequally yoked causes the strong ox to stumble also.
    So much to think about..........
    I appreciate all that you said here -- because, I am also looking for my "best friend" who has all of the proper attitudes and inclinations toward God, marriage, etc. - and, can identify with all that you have said. But, I wanted to make a specific comment [ of appreciation ] about what is bolded above. This is important for the Christian life. Both male / husband and female / wife should only be interested in "looking that good" for their [ future ] spouse - in the privacy of their home ( after they are married, of course ).

    As a rule - I am not going to be interested in a woman who is showing her cleavage to the world everywhere she goes. I know what you mean. At the same time, I will generally not judge too quickly over how much of the shape of her body I can see in her clothing ( when it is not painfully obvious that she is "showing off" her body on purpose ) until I know the intentions of her heart. ( In some situations - with regard to certain 'activites' - clothing that is "a little bit tighter" is understandable. ) I hope you understand what I am getting at.

    I believe that the shape of a woman's body is a natural thing of beauty to appreciate - but, not to exploit. Men should discipline themselves to appreciate the beauty without engaging in the exploitation. However, when she starts "showing too much skin", the level of 'distraction' can be raised to a great degree - and, can become a problem for a man who does not have the self-displine to handle it properly...

    For the most part, what-is-in-her-heart sets the tone of things. But, a way-too-loose manner in how she dresses, etc. - is very telling...

    ( Sorry - I did not mean to get "carried away" with my explanation - but, it all seemed important to say... )

    My only advice to you is this --- as difficult as it is to do, you must "wait on God"; you can do no better than to wait for God to bring her into your life. You should "keep your eyes open", of course, so that you don't "miss" her when she comes along; however, don't "look too hard" to find her...

    Last edited by GaryA; 1 Week Ago at 06:00 AM.
    Jesus Is Lord!
    'KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS'
    "Glory to God; NONE to Satan. Forever, and Ever, and Ever. Amen, and Amen, and Amen."


    * Olivet Discourse * Order Of Events * Second Coming *

    Awareness + Open Eyes + Common Sense + Discernment =>
    "The ability to step outside the MATRIX and see it for yourself..."

    Humility => Knowledge + Awareness + Discernment


  3. #123
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,109
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    112

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Nuff said

    IMG_0266.jpg
    He is God and
    we are not.

  4. #124
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    13,233
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    163

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by JesusLives View Post
    Wonder if any brides are willing to be sold.....on Ebay.....????
    There may be substantial shipping and handling charges associated with such purchase with no refunds.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  5. #125
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    13,233
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    163

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by jennymae View Post
    But will there be any money left to buy the ingredients?.
    Only the seasoning.
    JesusLives and Galatea like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  6. #126
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    13,233
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    163

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by JesusLives View Post
    That would be one showering....getting clean...
    Sounds utopian.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  7. #127
    Member TheLastKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2016
    Age
    34
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Is that an assumption being made MIRI?

  8. #128
    Member TheLastKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2016
    Age
    34
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Well received but did you really have to go that far? LOL. Sad but true, people don't know who they are anymore!

  9. #129
    Senior Member JesusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2013
    Age
    62
    Posts
    11,141
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    178

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    How'd you meet your husband? He bought me off ebay.....lol
    Miri, tourist and Galatea like this.

  10. #130
    Senior Member JesusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2013
    Age
    62
    Posts
    11,141
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    178

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by jennymae View Post
    White goes with polecat? Umm...I can't see myself eating polecat lol.
    I can see the redneck ebay wedding now.... Roadkill anyone? Does red or white go with that? lol
    Galatea likes this.

  11. #131
    Senior Member GODisLOVE7's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2016
    Age
    39
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Perhaps this should be our perspective...

    Miri, Mooky, JesusLives and 2 others like this.

  12. #132
    jennymae
    Guest

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by JesusLives View Post
    I can see the redneck ebay wedding now.... Roadkill anyone? Does red or white go with that? lol
    White goes with roadkill...white lightning, that is.
    JesusLives and Galatea like this.

  13. #133
    Senior Member Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2016
    Age
    37
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastKnight View Post
    My primary post as it has been a thorn in my side due to the online social sarcasm that I can liken to Facebook. Not that I should let it drag me down as much as it has already. Maybe I can begin to feel better about myself after some clarification.
    Ok, maybe not all men but me. I want to marry a woman who is a woman. I want to marry a woman that is my best friend. I do not want to marry a woman who tries to be my Bro as a man would be my Bro. I like feminist properties in women not masculine properties. Love is very important when it comes to marriage and marriage should not be sought without Love. A relationship (marriage) without God in the center is destined for failure. A marriage takes two that become one flesh and they each have their part given by God. If the naturality of a marriage that God instilled into humankind is allowed to flourish then that marriage will be unstoppable. This only comes with putting him first. If two people decide they know best and make their own fate in a Godless relationship then fate it will be.
    Perhaps my admirations in a wife are delusional as I have divorced twice over already.
    I gave up on relationships four years ago. I thought maybe I could use this to vent but it only made things worse.
    Yes I want a woman to be pretty and take care of herself. If a woman dresses herself to show off her breasts and put focus on her booty and draw attention from men sexually, she is not marriage material, she seeks sexual attention from men before marriage she will do it after marriage also.
    Sometimes I think about looking once again but relationships always got in the way of my relationship with the Almighty. I know that if Both are grounded in God and seek him Together then that relationship with God must grow also and not falter as it did before. I didn't have enough strength to carry enough oil for two lamps and Being unequally yoked causes the strong ox to stumble also.
    So much to think about..........
    Your initial post was highly insulting to American women. Supposedly, we all drive big trucks, spit tobacco, curse, and are vulgar. This was your generalization. If the above had been your initial post, I can assure you, I would not have laughed at you at all. Stereotypes are not fun.

    With that being said, red-headed women are fiery, so tend to get stirred up when insulted- I stereotyped myself.

    Anyway, no harm was meant. I think we all meant it in good fun. I do hope you find your mate and that she is feminine and not masculine. There are actually more feminine women than you may think. If you haven't checked, start with your church. There should be godly and feminine women there. God bless you.
    JesusLives and jennymae like this.
    Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

  14. #134
    Senior Member EmilyNats's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2016
    Age
    17
    Posts
    698
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    I've actually never met a woman who spit tobacco.

    My first vehicle, however, is more than likely going to be a truck.
    Miri, jennymae and Galatea like this.

  15. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2014
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,607
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyNats View Post
    My first vehicle, however, is more than likely going to be a truck.
    "With a gun rack behind the seat in the window..."

    EmilyNats and GODisLOVE7 like this.
    Jesus Is Lord!
    'KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS'
    "Glory to God; NONE to Satan. Forever, and Ever, and Ever. Amen, and Amen, and Amen."


    * Olivet Discourse * Order Of Events * Second Coming *

    Awareness + Open Eyes + Common Sense + Discernment =>
    "The ability to step outside the MATRIX and see it for yourself..."

    Humility => Knowledge + Awareness + Discernment


  16. #136
    Senior Member Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2016
    Age
    37
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyNats View Post
    I've actually never met a woman who spit tobacco.

    My first vehicle, however, is more than likely going to be a truck.
    I haven't ever met a woman who spits tobacco, either, and I live in the South! There are women here who drive trucks, but not me. My driving skills are sorely lacking, so my vehicle of choice is a Mini-Cooper. That's about the biggest thing I can park, and not double park.
    EmilyNats and jennymae like this.
    Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

  17. #137
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,619
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastKnight View Post
    Is that an assumption being made MIRI?
    Sometimes we can be too rigid. Yes its essential to have a Godly spouse,no question there. But on other things we may have to give a little. You say you've had two divorces,could it be that you were too rigid? I see so many single people that have a list as long as both their arms in what they want in a spouse,but they seldom think that people have wants and desires of their own. And if you remain too rigid any relationship will not last long. I may be off base,its just a suggestion.
    Miri and Galatea like this.

  18. #138
    Senior Member EmilyNats's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2016
    Age
    17
    Posts
    698
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryA View Post
    "With a gun rack behind the seat in the window..."

    I'll admit, the thought has crossed mind.
    GaryA likes this.

  19. #139
    Senior Member EmilyNats's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2016
    Age
    17
    Posts
    698
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
    I haven't ever met a woman who spits tobacco, either, and I live in the South! There are women here who drive trucks, but not me. My driving skills are sorely lacking, so my vehicle of choice is a Mini-Cooper. That's about the biggest thing I can park, and not double park.
    Same. I've lived in both Georgia and Arkansas for years, and never once saw a woman spitting. Which I am not complaining about. Even dad says he only saw one once when he was young. I honestly don't know where Knight got that from.
    jennymae and Galatea like this.

  20. #140
    Senior Member Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2016
    Age
    37
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: A Man desires a Woman

    Quote Originally Posted by EmilyNats View Post
    Same. I've lived in both Georgia and Arkansas for years, and never once saw a woman spitting. Which I am not complaining about. Even dad says he only saw one once when he was young. I honestly don't know where Knight got that from.
    I think he was making a generalization, based on thinking that American women are now more masculine than other women. I honestly think that if he is looking for feminine women, he needs to look at church. I wish him well, it is just that his first post was less than complimentary about American women.
    Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who desires all men to be saved! Let get along!!!
    By Bookends in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: January 29th, 2013, 12:18 PM
  2. desires and hopes
    By Blain in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2012, 11:45 PM
  3. DESIRES OF UR HEART
    By shirley in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 10th, 2012, 07:38 PM
  4. desires of your heart
    By sweetnshy in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: December 14th, 2009, 12:14 PM
  5. What are the desires of your heart?
    By dothackzero in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: November 23rd, 2009, 11:30 PM