Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 80
Like Tree179Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

  1. #21
    Senior Member GandalfTheWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2015
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,366
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Pow pow POW!!!

    seoulsearch and GODisLOVE7 like this.

  2. #22
    jennymae
    Guest

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenner View Post
    I'm going to sound grumpy but this is truly how I feel about Valentines Day. The little kid parties at school are fine but I don't and never have liked Valentines Day. Single, dating or married, I think it sucks. I remember one year when I was working in this office and one woman actually had a singing group come in and sing to her, a million women got flowers. I sat there in only my first year of marriage, not a card, not a happy Valentine's Day, nothing. I left work that day and went to my Moms house. I didn't want to see my husband. I know that sounds shallow but I was disgusted with the whole day after that. He apologized because he felt guilty because I had at least thought to get him a card and some chocolate. I don't do that anymore. I say Happy Valentine's Day and that's that. I don't have any expectations from him. In fact I try to take my kid's to dinner every year. Last year they wanted to go to McDonald's, so that was our valentines date. I enjoy spending it with them. I do love my Husband but he's not good at showing emotion. So I do my thing. I hate Valentine's Day.
    That's pretty much how it is. I don't think they realize how much that would have meant to us. Well, long as we ain't sending Valentines cards to ourselves lol.

  3. #23
    Senior Member GandalfTheWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2015
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,366
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Quote Originally Posted by jennymae View Post
    That's pretty much how it is. I don't think they realize how much that would have meant to us. Well, long as we ain't sending Valentines cards to ourselves lol.
    It is cheaper to send flowers on other dates (Not Valentine) so I sometimes do it... but not often enough

    For me there is no emotional connection to a day like Valentine's because it is over commercialised
    Fenner, DCrawshawJr and notmyown like this.

  4. #24
    Senior Member GandalfTheWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2015
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,366
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenner View Post
    I'm going to sound grumpy but this is truly how I feel about Valentines Day. The little kid parties at school are fine but I don't and never have liked Valentines Day. Single, dating or married, I think it sucks. I remember one year when I was working in this office and one woman actually had a singing group come in and sing to her, a million women got flowers. I sat there in only my first year of marriage, not a card, not a happy Valentine's Day, nothing. I left work that day and went to my Moms house. I didn't want to see my husband. I know that sounds shallow but I was disgusted with the whole day after that. He apologized because he felt guilty because I had at least thought to get him a card and some chocolate. I don't do that anymore. I say Happy Valentine's Day and that's that. I don't have any expectations from him. In fact I try to take my kid's to dinner every year. Last year they wanted to go to McDonald's, so that was our valentines date. I enjoy spending it with them. I do love my Husband but he's not good at showing emotion. So I do my thing. I hate Valentine's Day.
    I have to say I never considered what you said in this post.

    Thank you for making me think a bit......

    Maybe I will send my wife a large bouquet of flowers on the 13th because I dislike the day so much
    seoulsearch and Fenner like this.

  5. #25
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    43
    Posts
    9,988
    Rep Power
    131

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    It's really awesome that the married's here are telling us singles what it's REALLY like for them on Valentines Day.

    I think that too many times, we singles have fog-laced visions of overly sap-ified romantic scenarios for ourselves... When in all honesty, Valentine's Day (or any other "romantic" time of year, including the "official" holidays) is really just another day, even for couples.

    We all "think" it will be different for us... But will it really?

    At the very least, the things you've been sharing with us will remind us singles how much effort those "romantic scenarios" actually takes (not to mention, at times, the extra finances.)
    Catfish are for catching, not for courting. Who is the person you're really talking to?

    "The only thing predictable about you...
    is that you're totally unpredictable." -- Anonymous CC member.








  6. #26
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,187
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    151

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Very interesting...

    hqdefault.jpg
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point!!!"
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??



  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    If I could and had no restrictions (like money), I wouldn't mind going on a Caribbean trip and see the crystal clear water and colorful fish!

    Exploring nature in my home state of Arkansas would be nice, too!

    But, I usually do nothing special. It's just another day for me. I do tend to think to myself each year though, "Ugh, Valentine's Day is coming up".

    The Valentine's Decorations already went up like a week or two ago. It's crazy how everything is so over-commercialized.
    seoulsearch, Miri and Lenardzw like this.

  8. #28
    Senior Member GandalfTheWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2015
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,366
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    The best thing about Valentine's day is the specials on chocolates the following day whoa!
    seoulsearch likes this.

  9. #29
    jennymae
    Guest

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheWhite View Post
    It is cheaper to send flowers on other dates (Not Valentine) so I sometimes do it... but not often enough

    For me there is no emotional connection to a day like Valentine's because it is over commercialised
    Yeah, it's cheaper...indeed cheaper...cheap...really cheap...you know what I'm saying?

  10. #30
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,718
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    273

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    I still have over a month to ponder on what to do for Valentine's Day for my wife so I'm not that concerned at this moment. ♥♥♥
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  11. #31
    Senior Member GandalfTheWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2015
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,366
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    I still have over a month to ponder on what to do for Valentine's Day for my wife so I'm not that concerned at this moment. ♥♥♥

  12. #32
    jennymae
    Guest

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    I still have over a month to ponder on what to do for Valentine's Day for my wife so I'm not that concerned at this moment. ♥♥♥
    Hey, you're right it aint here untill 14 Feb...Kim, you made me think it was tomorrow or something lolol.
    zeroturbulence and tourist like this.

  13. #33
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,718
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    273

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Quote Originally Posted by jennymae View Post
    Hey, you're right it aint here untill 14 Feb...Kim, you made me think it was tomorrow or something lolol.
    Your husband has plenty of time to do something special for you on Valentine's Day. I'm thinking chocolates and flowers. Oh, and a nice card too with hand-written sentiments.
    zeroturbulence and jennymae like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Fenner's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2013
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,501
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    80

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    I'm buying my kid's a cute little stuffed animal and feeding them whatever they want. They're my true love's and I want them to be happy.
    zeroturbulence likes this.

  15. #35


    88
    88 is offline
    Senior Member 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,386
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Probably not good advice for American men...
    Galatea likes this.

  16. #36
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,187
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    151

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Quote Originally Posted by seoulsearch View Post
    It's really awesome that the married's here are telling us singles what it's REALLY like for them on Valentines Day.

    I think that too many times, we singles have fog-laced visions of overly sap-ified romantic scenarios for ourselves... When in all honesty, Valentine's Day (or any other "romantic" time of year, including the "official" holidays) is really just another day, even for couples.


    Verri iiiiinteresting...

    artejohnson-interesting.jpg
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point!!!"
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??



  17. #37
    Senior Member DCrawshawJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2013
    Age
    30
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Quote Originally Posted by seoulsearch View Post
    It's really awesome that the married's here are telling us singles what it's REALLY like for them on Valentines Day.

    I think that too many times, we singles have fog-laced visions of overly sap-ified romantic scenarios for ourselves... When in all honesty, Valentine's Day (or any other "romantic" time of year, including the "official" holidays) is really just another day, even for couples.

    We all "think" it will be different for us... But will it really?

    At the very least, the things you've been sharing with us will remind us singles how much effort those "romantic scenarios" actually takes (not to mention, at times, the extra finances.)
    To give an example...

    The Addams Family shows a couple that's deeply passionate about one another, yet they don't conform to the culture's view of romance. Yes, they're morbid, but they own it.
    --Douglas Crawshaw Jr.
    Thou shalt always use the parking brake. ('99 Ford Taurus Manual, p. 103)

  18. #38
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,187
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    151

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    I think these ladies are going Valentine's shooting...

    Miri likes this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point!!!"
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??



  19. #39
    Senior Member Yahweh_is_gracious's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,893
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    I think these ladies are going Valentine's shooting...

    So long as they follow the 4 rules of firearms safety and most importantly, leave me the heck alone, then they are welcome to use the range. They can walk around like sluts and shoot all they want. I'll be far too preoccupied practicing my double taps at 25 yards with my 45.
    I am sending myself to my room to find my personality.

  20. #40
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,187
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    151

    Default Re: It's Almost Valentine's Day (Let's Go Shootin'.)

    Something tells me they're not headed to a range...

    HisHolly likes this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point!!!"
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 7th, 2016, 03:12 PM
  2. For My Valentine ♥
    By VioletReigns in forum Christian Music Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 14th, 2015, 11:53 AM
  3. So what WILL you be doing on Valentine's Day??
    By zeroturbulence in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: January 9th, 2014, 08:11 AM
  4. So what DID you do for Valentine's Day?
    By zeroturbulence in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: February 18th, 2013, 10:36 PM
  5. Need a Valentine !!
    By MrA in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: February 13th, 2011, 02:51 PM