Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By cinder
  • 1 Post By JosephsDreams
  • 1 Post By Lynx
  • 1 Post By cinder

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: understanding the concept of a singles forum.

  1. #1
    Senior Member royalscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2013
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,709
    Rep Power
    18

    Default understanding the concept of a singles forum.

    man seeks woman or woman seek man. lol

    strangely, if you do not know, how singles met in the bible, it was at the well. ie water hole or water well.
    most of these ended with an arranged marriage.

    so how can it be done in modern day 2017, when so many have different views to the ifs and buts. etc

    how are you meant to chat someone up on a forum, with the whole of cc watching. lol

    any thought to a secret code or nudge nudge wink wink. that could be used. etc
    john 10 v1
    "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber.
    cor2 v8 For we cannot do anything against the truth, but only for the truth
    8 v32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."











  2. #2
    Senior Member cinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2014
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,281
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: understanding the concept of a singles forum.

    The concept of the singles forum is that it can be lonely, difficult, and downright isolating to be both single and Christian. And it can also be really difficult to maintain your standards if all the people around you have none. So this forum is a place we come, not to date, but to support and encourage each other and to discuss and often laugh at all the challenges of being single.

    We also talk about the two biggest loves in most of our lives: God and food. Hope that clears things up and welcome.
    When you do love a thing, its gladness is a reason for loving it, and its sadness a reason for loving it more. - GK Chesterton

    The true definition of love is sacrifice.

    Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling. - Prov 20:3

  3. #3
    Senior Member JosephsDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2015
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: understanding the concept of a singles forum.

    Hahahaha. God and ​food. For most of us, in that order, I hope.
    Yeraza_Bats likes this.
    Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
    John 8:32

    And now these three remain; faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    1 Cor. 13:13


    Give ​peas a chance !



  4. #4
    Senior Member Dino246's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2015
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,612
    Rep Power
    100

    Default Re: understanding the concept of a singles forum.

    Without wanting to criticize the OP too heavily, there was a thread recently about the wild and diverse ways in which marriage relationships were initiated in the biblical accounts. One distinct absence is consistency of form.

  5. #5
    Senior Member royalscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2013
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,709
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: understanding the concept of a singles forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    The concept of the singles forum is that it can be lonely, difficult, and downright isolating to be both single and Christian. And it can also be really difficult to maintain your standards if all the people around you have none. So this forum is a place we come, not to date, but to support and encourage each other and to discuss and often laugh at all the challenges of being single.

    We also talk about the two biggest loves in most of our lives: God and food. Hope that clears things up and welcome.
    small problem, when did i ask you why you post here.

    so many concepts you mentioned , and to think, how do you support them all.

    being christian, you would class that as being single. may be, if you understood the concept ,of being christian etc lol
    john 10 v1
    "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber.
    cor2 v8 For we cannot do anything against the truth, but only for the truth
    8 v32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."











  6. #6
    Senior Member royalscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2013
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,709
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: understanding the concept of a singles forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dino246 View Post
    Without wanting to criticize the OP too heavily, there was a thread recently about the wild and diverse ways in which marriage relationships were initiated in the biblical accounts. One distinct absence is consistency of form.
    bible accounts are different because someone else account is being told. and single life or marriage life, there would be free will involved . what consistency are you addressing.
    john 10 v1
    "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber.
    cor2 v8 For we cannot do anything against the truth, but only for the truth
    8 v32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."











  7. #7
    Senior Member Born_Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,473
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: understanding the concept of a singles forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    The concept of the singles forum is that it can be lonely, difficult, and downright isolating to be both single and Christian. And it can also be really difficult to maintain your standards if all the people around you have none. So this forum is a place we come, not to date, but to support and encourage each other and to discuss and often laugh at all the challenges of being single.

    We also talk about the two biggest loves in most of our lives: God and food. Hope that clears things up and welcome.
    But is not spending countless hours posting on CC a form of isolation in its self?

    Lets think through this for a moment.... If an evening is spent on here posting, that time is gone is and never coming back. At the end of the night and the glow of the monitor dims to black, you're still alone and isolated. In turn, nothing was accomplished to remedy the pre-existing situation.

    Anymore these days, days are lived soley through electronic media of sorts and very little tangible interaction. So, we bury ourselves in our phones and computers then have the nerve to complain about being lonely??? C'mon.. Seriously, isnt that a little self destructive?

    I recently stopped replying to text messages of people I know that do not live close to me. For the others, if they want to talk, lets go grab coffee or dinner or something... Fix the problem, dont drag it out and make it worse.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,394
    Rep Power
    95

    Default Re: understanding the concept of a singles forum.

    However I noticed you also have been posting a lot on the Forum...
    cinder likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member cinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2014
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,281
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: understanding the concept of a singles forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Born_Again View Post
    But is not spending countless hours posting on CC a form of isolation in its self?
    In short no, because you and Lynx and others here on CC are not robots (or at least you have me fooled into believing you aren't) therefore, posting and getting replies and replying to replies on CC is a form of interaction with other human beings, while it's not as great as having people local, it does help ease the lonliness, especially when there may be perfectly legitimate other factors that make it difficult to spend time with people in real life.

    I will however agree with your point that as a culture (quite possibly as a planet) we spend too much time neglecting the people right in front of us in favor of strangers far away.
    Born_Again likes this.
    When you do love a thing, its gladness is a reason for loving it, and its sadness a reason for loving it more. - GK Chesterton

    The true definition of love is sacrifice.

    Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling. - Prov 20:3

  10. #10
    Senior Member Dino246's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2015
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,612
    Rep Power
    100

    Default Re: understanding the concept of a singles forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by royalscot View Post
    man seeks woman or woman seek man. lol

    strangely, if you do not know, how singles met in the bible, it was at the well. ie water hole or water well.
    most of these ended with an arranged marriage.

    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by royalscot View Post
    bible accounts are different because someone else account is being told. and single life or marriage life, there would be free will involved . what consistency are you addressing.
    The consistency (actually, lack thereof) I was addressing was that to which you referred in your OP: that singles met at the well. I see no such consistency in Scripture. That's all.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Born_Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,473
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: understanding the concept of a singles forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    However I noticed you also have been posting a lot on the Forum...
    Like 4 posts a day..... LOL Lynx, You have been on this site a few months longer than me. I have about 1,500 posts in a little over 2 years. You have 9,500... Just sayn. And I do this on my breaks at work.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 86
    Last Post: January 11th, 2016, 04:03 AM
  2. The Christian Singles Forum
    By aquashift in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: May 30th, 2015, 11:09 PM
  3. Singles Forum
    By Inu in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: December 8th, 2014, 03:38 PM
  4. Sometimes this is what the singles forum sounds like
    By Lecrae in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 6th, 2014, 10:34 PM
  5. singles forum
    By WOI in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 10th, 2009, 02:17 AM