Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57
Like Tree68Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: Hate single life.

  1. #21
    Senior Member cinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,257
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naboth View Post
    Frankly we gotta change this mentality of discouraging Christians from dating.
    I would say we don't so much try to discourage Christians from dating as discourage the worship of relationships, including the mentality that any relationship is better than being single and the idea of searching for a romance for its own sake rather than because you genuinely like the person you are with. Siberian made a great point about how much values have changed, and to here some people's stories around here about dating even among Christians, I often think it's the character and expectations of the potential dates that discourages me from dating far more than some Christian teaching. If most of our available options are people who don't meet our values, should we just assume we must compromise our values in order to be loved and accepted for (not) who we really are?
    Mooky likes this.
    When you do love a thing, its gladness is a reason for loving it, and its sadness a reason for loving it more. - GK Chesterton

    The true definition of love is sacrifice.

    Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling. - Prov 20:3

  2. #22
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    45
    Posts
    10,742
    Rep Power
    180

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naboth View Post
    Awww that's kinda mean, a lil funny lol, but kinda mean. Why have any reason to doubt someone's gender? I mean suppose somehow Lynx or me won this episode of the CC Bachelor and married the honestgurl, but she was not honest about being a girl, it's not like we would not find out before it's too late. Lol I would think it's hilarious personally because even the catfish aren't attracted to me!

    No,actually I wasn't being mean,I was being honest.
    Galatea likes this.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    I would say we don't so much try to discourage Christians from dating as discourage the worship of relationships, including the mentality that any relationship is better than being single and the idea of searching for a romance for its own sake rather than because you genuinely like the person you are with. Siberian made a great point about how much values have changed, and to here some people's stories around here about dating even among Christians, I often think it's the character and expectations of the potential dates that discourages me from dating far more than some Christian teaching. If most of our available options are people who don't meet our values, should we just assume we must compromise our values in order to be loved and accepted for (not) who we really are?
    Yea I guess it makes sense that for some people because they won't enter in they don't want no one else to enter in either.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    No,actually I wasn't being mean,I was being honest.
    Lol the truth ain't always nice. Though I think you're pondering is probably wrong. Honestgurl's picture, if honestly of a girl, seems pretty honestly pretty.

  5. #25


    88
    88 is offline
    Senior Member 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,231
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    FRIENDS****FRIENDS*****FRIENDS*****Here is some dating advice I have given in the past----don't go out on a "date" romantically---just go as friends----if you get to know each other when there is no pressure you will find out if you like that person or if you are falling in love with that person----a good example is the movie: "You've Got Mail"-----Meg Ryan falls in love with a guy she hates (Tom Hanks) just because they hang out together---they also get to know each other anonymously by e-mail----if you go on a date and start wrapping your lips on that guy/girl your brain could go dead and bad things could happen---this advice is not for everyone, but it works for some---just think about how many secretaries fall in love with their bosses and they run off and get married----this whole thing started as a working friendship---later because of closeness there develops a bond---and eventually love...
    Mooky, cinder and Naboth like this.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by 88 View Post
    FRIENDS****FRIENDS*****FRIENDS*****Here is some dating advice I have given in the past----don't go out on a "date" romantically---just go as friends----if you get to know each other when there is no pressure you will find out if you like that person or if you are falling in love with that person----a good example is the movie: "You've Got Mail"-----Meg Ryan falls in love with a guy she hates (Tom Hanks) just because they hang out together---they also get to know each other anonymously by e-mail----if you go on a date and start wrapping your lips on that guy/girl your brain could go dead and bad things could happen---this advice is not for everyone, but it works for some---just think about how many secretaries fall in love with their bosses and they run off and get married----this whole thing started as a working friendship---later because of closeness there develops a bond---and eventually love...
    Not bad advice. I mean I think almost anyone can fall in love. I mean look over at our Indian friends, they get married often times without ever even seeing each other before, and their marriages are way more successful than ours.

    So will you be joining the array of suitors in this edition of CC Bachelorette 88? For some reason I had thought you were married.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,158
    Rep Power
    89

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naboth View Post
    Well why don't you send her a message and maybe she will answer some of your questions for you? You never know, could be a keeper. Frankly we gotta change this mentality of discouraging Christians from dating. The pagans are outbreeding us. Even if they don't gloriously martyr us, from how they encourage each other to marry and outbreed us so prolifically, we'll be hearing Allah Ackbar every single day from the next generation in the next 20 years if we don't support each other in trying to establish Christian marriages and families.
    *snicker-snort*

    God told Adam and Noah to be fruitful and multiply. God never told US to change the world by breeding a lot of little christians. (Besides, from what I have seen that is not very successful as many christian parents' children wind up leaving church as soon as they get old enough to make their own decisions.)

    No, we are to be a light in this world but I don't think breeding is the linchpin of the plan.
    Mooky, Stunnedbygrace and Naboth like this.
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  8. #28
    Senior Member wisebeardman's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,479
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    i sense a trap
    NotmebutHim and Galatea like this.

  9. #29


    88
    88 is offline
    Senior Member 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    3,231
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Just a thought for those of you who are pressed to get married---think about it---there could be a reason they call marriage an Institution----just saying...
    Naboth likes this.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    *snicker-snort*

    God told Adam and Noah to be fruitful and multiply. God never told US to change the world by breeding a lot of little christians. (Besides, from what I have seen that is not very successful as many christian parents' children wind up leaving church as soon as they get old enough to make their own decisions.)

    No, we are to be a light in this world but I don't think breeding is the linchpin of the plan.
    Lol well being part of man's churches don't make you a Christian lolololol, heck most them are the villains of the Bible whereas the heroes of the Bible are people like Samson and David.

    Lol I don't blame my generation for fleeing man's churches at all. They ain't helping us at all; so why would we help them? Heck if anything they are helping the heathens and unbelievers! May they fall inwards upon themselves and may the Christians be clean escaped from their vile clutches so that God's name be praised!

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by 88 View Post
    Just a thought for those of you who are pressed to get married---think about it---there could be a reason they call marriage an Institution----just saying...
    Lol well punned!

  12. #32
    Senior Member Tinkerbell725's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2014
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,984
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    If you hate single life, I have a feeling you would hate married life even more.
    seoulsearch likes this.
    "Only a person who risks is free"

    "Honor God, eat, play, laugh"

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell725 View Post
    If you hate single life, I have a feeling you would hate married life even more.
    Dang, there is just no hope with you people is there? So we should hate being single, but we should just stay in our hole because we will hate climbing out of the hole? What kind of logic is this?!

    Or are you trying to edge out the competition whom was smart enough to declare her eligibility in wanting a Christian partner? Lol, if so that is actually kinda cute and hilarious, but no need to be worried I am sure if you just indicate you are single and available too that there is probably a whole bunch of Christian men around here somewhere that would be glad to submit themselves to your rigorous selection process. Have you considered Lynx? He's 38 years old and wants someone in your age range, you're only one year younger. If you can afford your own plane ticket and marry him he can get you a green card and like a knight in shining fuzzy armor save you from the clutches of the evil heathen dictator Duterte (super romantic!). As long as you tolerate his taste in music he will probably purr for you happily as you fulfill all three of his conditions for a Christian spouse.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,158
    Rep Power
    89

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Um... Naboth you sound like an auctioneer trying to auction me off. >.>

    You sure your name isn't Nabal? (For people who don't know what that means, look it up.)
    cinder, NotmebutHim and Galatea like this.
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  15. #35
    Senior Member Tinkerbell725's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2014
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,984
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naboth View Post
    Dang, there is just no hope with you people is there? So we should hate being single, but we should just stay in our hole because we will hate climbing out of the hole? What kind of logic is this?!

    Or are you trying to edge out the competition whom was smart enough to declare her eligibility in wanting a Christian partner? Lol, if so that is actually kinda cute and hilarious, but no need to be worried I am sure if you just indicate you are single and available too that there is probably a whole bunch of Christian men around here somewhere that would be glad to submit themselves to your rigorous selection process. Have you considered Lynx? He's 38 years old and wants someone in your age range, you're only one year younger. If you can afford your own plane ticket and marry him he can get you a green card and like a knight in shining fuzzy armor save you from the clutches of the evil heathen dictator Duterte (super romantic!). As long as you tolerate his taste in music he will probably purr for you happily as you fulfill all three of his conditions for a Christian spouse.
    This is not a dating site. That was a very negative reaction. You sound like you are the OP. So you hate single life? You obviously hate a lot of things.
    "Only a person who risks is free"

    "Honor God, eat, play, laugh"

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    Um... Naboth you sound like an auctioneer trying to auction me off. >.>

    You sure your name isn't Nabal? (For people who don't know what that means, look it up.)
    Lol I'm pretty sure.

    Lol just giving you the heads up. Wouldn't you do the same for me?

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell725 View Post
    This is not a dating site. That was a very negative reaction. You sound like you are the OP. So you hate single life? You obviously hate a lot of things.
    Lol I am not the OP. I think it's a rather positive reaction compared to your telling someone they should just stay in a life they hate and they will hate to be married. I mean you don't have to pick Lynx particularly. I'd offer myself, but I think I all ready know the answer on that one lolololololol. What about Siberian_Khatru. Sure he's a young guy like me, but he seems pretty promising, willing to be a conversationalist, very accepting person.
    Last edited by Naboth; March 16th, 2017 at 09:11 PM.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Tinkerbell725's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2014
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,984
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    I smell something hungry and catfishy...not going to feed it anymore.
    Stunnedbygrace likes this.
    "Only a person who risks is free"

    "Honor God, eat, play, laugh"

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell725 View Post
    I smell something hungry and catfishy...not going to feed it anymore.
    Well I think lynx is just a cat, not a fish.

    I think Siberian is a male, I don't see why he isn't, but truthfully I have no idea what a khatru is.

    As for me I am a male also.

    As for the OP, I mean she looks pretty and feminine. Maybe I am wrong though, she hasn't talked to me yet. Heh female jealousy, lol it is so cute, but is it really necessary to cast suspicion on each other's gender? Just speak for yourself.

  20. #40
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    45
    Posts
    10,742
    Rep Power
    180

    Default Re: Hate single life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naboth View Post
    Lol the truth ain't always nice. Though I think you're pondering is probably wrong. Honestgurl's picture, if honestly of a girl, seems pretty honestly pretty.
    Well hey,I didn't see a pic,one must have been added.You're good to go then.
    Naboth likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Potential Energy: Hate being single?
    By IBDesmond in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: February 25th, 2015, 07:51 PM
  2. I.H.B.S. (I Hate Being Single)
    By I_am_Canadian in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: February 21st, 2015, 09:56 AM
  3. I Really hate my life!
    By LED64 in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: November 19th, 2014, 11:53 AM
  4. I Hate Every Single that God have created!!!
    By Valeryn_Timothy in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: October 26th, 2014, 05:06 PM
  5. I hate my life
    By Zally in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 8th, 2011, 10:41 AM