View Poll Results: What is your favorite CC forum? Can only choose 1!

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Singles forum

    11 52.38%
  • Family forum

    0 0%
  • Miscellaneous forum

    3 14.29%
  • Bible discussion forum (the BDF)

    5 23.81%
  • Young adults forum

    0 0%
  • Teens forum

    0 0%
  • Music forum

    0 0%
  • News forum

    0 0%
  • Conspiracy forum

    0 0%
  • Other (explain)

    2 9.52%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
Like Tree102Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

  1. #21
    Senior Member cinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2014
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,335
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    I've learned not to stray out of the singles forum, I have to be bored (or see someone I know posted something interesting in a thread) to venture out of the singles forum.
    wwjd_kilden and joefizz like this.
    When you do love a thing, its gladness is a reason for loving it, and its sadness a reason for loving it more. - GK Chesterton

    The true definition of love is sacrifice.

    Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling. - Prov 20:3

  2. #22
    wwjd_kilden
    Guest

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    I too click thread titles without paying attention to where they belong

    .... which is how I end up in BDF ... so I guess I should stop doing that...
    joefizz likes this.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,253
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    53

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by WineRose View Post
    The miscellaneous and Singles forums are where all the good stuff happens
    I'd often read up from the Prayer forum and Misc., jump to news and bdf but do not really stay long at the bdf. I could read a few posts, but normally do not reply esp when i know there is limited time. When there is some time, i log in and visit the ladies' and natural health forum as well.

  4. #24
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    136

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    I always check out "New Posts" and they're always BDF... So it kinda grew on me. I also love the Singles forum.
    NoNameMcgee likes this.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    I visit CC every Wednesday, at least for now. Yeah, this signature is kinda wordy.
    For more words, visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  5. #25
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,892
    Blog Entries
    21
    Rep Power
    197

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    The BDF is by far the most active forum, so if you click on a new post it will probably be from there. Its so active that my favorite thread in there ends up on the second page shortly after I post in it.
    AbigailZeke likes this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point".
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Milk talk who in the land of taco are you posting to?

  6. #26
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    136

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    The BDF is by far the most active forum, so if you click on a new post it will probably be from there. Its so active that my favorite thread in there ends up on the second page shortly after I post in it.
    True. I guess more people naturally gravitate to negative stuff (not that everything in BDF is negative, but majority of it)
    zeroturbulence likes this.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    I visit CC every Wednesday, at least for now. Yeah, this signature is kinda wordy.
    For more words, visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  7. #27
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,892
    Blog Entries
    21
    Rep Power
    197

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    True. I guess more people naturally gravitate to negative stuff (not that everything in BDF is negative, but majority of it)
    I think they're just busy replying to each other' arguments.
    AbigailZeke likes this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point".
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Milk talk who in the land of taco are you posting to?

  8. #28
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    136

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    I think they're just busy replying to each other' arguments.
    Maybe it's an addiction of some sort. You know, the wanting to be right and be recognised as that. Which is never gonna happen because heaven knows when one is wrong, he will never admit it in public forum, especially in front of those who oppose him. But every response opens an opportunity to get the satisfaction we all crave.

    There are good things in there, but I'd say the bad far outweighs the good. It's not worth the time. The same amount of encouragement or more, we can get from other sources.

    Sometimes I wonder, why I still go there. Humans.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    I visit CC every Wednesday, at least for now. Yeah, this signature is kinda wordy.
    For more words, visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  9. #29
    Senior Member Prov910's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    729
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    The Miscellaneous forum because it's not as contentious and argumentative as some other forums. I joined CC for the BDF, but it's quite frustrating to post there. It really turns me off when I try to hold a discussion about a bible topic that I have questions about, only to be labeled a heretic and subjected to demeaning, snide remarks by people who purport to be doing God's will. It makes me wonder what these people are like in real life, given their behavior on the Internet. :shrug:
    Lighthearted likes this.
    ================================================== ===========
    10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. Prov. 9:10

  10. #30
    Senior Member garet82's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    556
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Single
    Because it has interesting threats and funny comments from the readers
    joefizz and NoNameMcgee like this.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,456
    Rep Power
    131

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by Prov910 View Post
    The Miscellaneous forum because it's not as contentious and argumentative as some other forums. I joined CC for the BDF, but it's quite frustrating to post there. It really turns me off when I try to hold a discussion about a bible topic that I have questions about, only to be labeled a heretic and subjected to demeaning, snide remarks by people who purport to be doing God's will. It makes me wonder what these people are like in real life, given their behavior on the Internet. :shrug:
    They are probably really quiet in real life and use the Forum to blow off steam.
    Susanna and joefizz like this.

  12. #32
    Yahweh_is_gracious
    Guest

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    They are probably really quiet in real life and use the Forum to blow off steam.
    Probably correct. The Internet has given people a voice that they don't usually get in real life, and with the distance and anonymity, people can and will say things online that they won't say in real life. That's both blessing and curse.
    joefizz likes this.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Pipp's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2013
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,488
    Rep Power
    71

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Singles, duh. That's where all my friends are.
    Lighthearted and joefizz like this.
    If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

    A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.
    Roald Dahl, The Twits

  14. #34
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,835
    Rep Power
    118

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Singles,young adult,and miscellaneous forums because if I don't have silliness I might explode from being serious for a long period of time,Bible discussion forum is ok if you can stand a few smart alecs,and "my doctine is correct" type people.
    King of randomness here,everyone take notice!

    If you don't believe in true love then please don't tell me not to believe in it because I believe it to be real.

    You are perfect?
    self righteousness is as filthy rags the bible says.
    You might wanna reconsider that ideal.

    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  15. #35
    MollyConnor
    Guest

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    All the cool people are in singles. I've made really good friends on here that I hope to meet someday.
    joefizz likes this.

  16. #36
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,835
    Rep Power
    118

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by MollyConnor View Post
    All the cool people are in singles. I've made really good friends on here that I hope to meet someday.
    Yeah,cool people like me!
    Joefizz the funny fizz boy.
    King of randomness here,everyone take notice!

    If you don't believe in true love then please don't tell me not to believe in it because I believe it to be real.

    You are perfect?
    self righteousness is as filthy rags the bible says.
    You might wanna reconsider that ideal.

    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  17. #37
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,654
    Rep Power
    162

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Well, the Singles Forum is where most of the fun and humor is.

    Sometimes I go make jokes in the debate forum...

    but no one seems to laugh.


    : )
    Lighthearted and joefizz like this.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Lighthearted's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2016
    Age
    47
    Posts
    547
    Rep Power
    43

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    my favorites are young adults forum,singles forum,introduction forum,I wish I could say bible forum but so much is unaccomplished in that forum half the time because of arguments and nit picking,and dragging things out,maybe once people get over their egos,then I could call bible discussion forum,a favorite,seriously we are supposed to "teach" God's word not bicker back and forth about who is right,because in truth only God is right all the time not us,prayer forum is excellent though,glad people haven't made a mess of it,and I've recently been looking through the foreign forums and it is interesting so I may add some as favorites in time,but bible discussion should have people that are "understanding" "compassionate" and "willing" to"discuss"points of view not make it a banter of you are wrong I am right,true God needs people who will stand up for him in devoutness but one must be sure that whomever you discuss with gets a chance to speak too,and at the "End"(if some of these so called discussions have an end) you both "learn" and "grow" in christ!
    AMEN TO THAT JOE!!!!!
    joefizz likes this.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,090
    Rep Power
    56

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    Well, the Singles Forum is where most of the fun and humor is.

    Sometimes I go make jokes in the debate forum...

    but no one seems to laugh.


    : )
    It's serious business going on in those rooms. Fun stuff is frowned upon.
    joefizz likes this.

  20. #40
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,835
    Rep Power
    118

    Default Re: What is your favorite CC forum? (singles, bible discussion, etc.) POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    Well, the Singles Forum is where most of the fun and humor is.

    Sometimes I go make jokes in the debate forum...

    but no one seems to laugh.


    : )
    Well it is to be understood as a more "serious" forum,though a little joke here and there is not bad,I've done it a few times to but I strive not to because the bible in my view should always be discussed in a "serious" manner and all discussers be able to understand each other as best as possible,it's not wrong to do so but I stave off it in bible discussion forum because it can lead to misquoting or picking fun at scripture without thinking,because you know how it goes once one gets on a roll with jokes one may over step by accident.
    King of randomness here,everyone take notice!

    If you don't believe in true love then please don't tell me not to believe in it because I believe it to be real.

    You are perfect?
    self righteousness is as filthy rags the bible says.
    You might wanna reconsider that ideal.

    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 50
    Last Post: July 27th, 2017, 10:38 PM
  2. Replies: 53
    Last Post: August 6th, 2016, 08:14 PM
  3. The inevitable Singles Forum Open Carry (guns) poll.. :p
    By zeroturbulence in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: June 21st, 2016, 05:44 AM
  4. regarding bible discussion forum
    By MisterHarmony in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: November 9th, 2014, 05:18 AM
  5. The Singles Forum Poll-tergeist: How Do You Feel About Answering Polls?
    By seoulsearch in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 13th, 2013, 08:39 AM