View Poll Results: "So Just Why ARE You Single Anyway?" "Well, If You MUST Know, It's..."

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because no other single person can handle this much awesomeness. Especially forever.

    10 38.46%
  • Because I have my cats trained to bring me my food. And meds. And it freaks out potential dates when they bring me the remote control. (Credit to Reborn for giving me this idea!)

    1 3.85%
  • Because I have a couple of spots that have their own name: "The Grassy Moles."

    1 3.85%
  • Because relationships/marriages aren't a bag of chips I can just pick out at the store and throw in my cart. Too bad they don't have coupons.

    8 30.77%
  • Because the local branch of Ben & Jerry's would close down without my business.

    2 7.69%
  • Because SOMEONE has to be the slightly unwashed, token single person at family reunions.

    0 0%
  • Because SOMEONE has to be creepy the single person at church picnics that everyone else loves to give unsolicted advice to.

    2 7.69%
  • Because I'm a superhero and no one else can know my secret identity. I mean, oops. (Actually... It's because I can't get anyone else to wash my tights.)

    6 23.08%
  • Because if I were married/had a significant other, I wouldn't have time to answer ridiculous polls about being single!

    8 30.77%
  • This Groove Ain't For Everyone, Only The Sexy People. (Other.) I tell people I'm single because (let me tell you in my post.)

    4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 157
Like Tree266Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

  1. #1
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    43
    Posts
    10,129
    Rep Power
    171

    Default "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    Hey Peeps,

    Does anyone ELSE get asked this question, ever??? ("Buelller... Bueller... ?")

    Some people mean well; others assume that you must be single because you have the plague or are somehow too subhuman to ever possibly attract someone.

    I know we've had some threads asking this before, but I say, let's have some fun with this!

    What are some of the most clever, amusing, and *gasp* even truthful answers you've given when asked The Question That Everyone Always Asks (especially at church potlucks and family reunions)?

    Give me a few--I'm going to write a poll with some pre-made answers just for the fun of it.

    However, all answers, from silly to serious, are welcome. As always, marrieds are welcome to give their input, too (after all, they were probably single once too, and/or might now be watching their single children being asked the same thing.)

    On a serious note: I would never write off a real possibility to end my single-dom in the future if the right person came along. However, I must admit that as time has gone by, God seems to have put it more on my heart (for the time being, at least) to look out for other singles rather than work so hard at trying to find a relationship myself.

    However, if He alters the plan... I'm thinking He'll let me know (hopefully by introducing me to the right guy.)

    So what answer do YOU give when people ask you why you're single?

    (The poll is going to be multiple choice and, just for the fun of it, I'm going to make it so that we can see each others' answers... Just because I think it's fun to catch a glimpse of other people's sense of humor.)

    Feel free to participate in the poll, but please don't let that be a substitute for sharing your comments and answers in the thread as well!
    Catfish are for catching, not for courting. Who is the person you're really talking to?

    I'm just a nerd hiding in plain sight who is totally inept at taking selfies. (Yes... I blinked at the last minute.)








  2. #2
    CaptainGoat
    Guest

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    I was single when I was born and nothing has changed! I understand what you say. I was once told because I was nearing 40 and still single that there was something wrong with me. Was implying mentally as in thinking. I know the gentleman was giving the best advice he knew and I didnt mind as he lived in a country where most people marry in their twenties.
    It is weird I'm single for so long but I feel the Lord has delayed it as I've been serving others. I'm not very good at it.
    seoulsearch, Jilly81 and Maka like this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,229
    Rep Power
    118

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    I like that fourth one because a lot of people talk about Finding The One as though it's something easily done, something I should have seen to long ago. Yeah, there must be something very wrong with me if I haven't stumbled into a marriage yet. I mean really, the perfect match for me is everywhere, how could I have NOT met some lady that I just have to marry by now?

    What really amuses me is, the person at work who is most vocal about me needing to get married is a woman who has been married three times and is currently single. Yeah, like I'm gonna take her advice.
    seoulsearch, Jilly81, Pipp and 2 others like this.
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,099
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    74

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    I'm single because as much as I like the IDEA of a relationship, the reality of a relationship fails to keep my interest.

    I'm single because I never met a woman I was over the moon about. I always had to settle, and that's not right.

    I'm single because I feel as though I am meant to be. Singledom gives me a sharpness of focus I've never had when coupled.

    I'm single because, well, there aren't many women looking for a chubby manlet with no personal goals who's only purpose for living is taking care of his dying father.

    I'm single because I get a sick kick out of people questioning my sexuality or thinking I might be a violent deviant.

  5. #5


    Zi
    Zi is offline
    Senior Member Zi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2017
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,146
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    In a nutshell, I'm single because when I chose men, well I shortly thereafter found myself to be single again. So, I had decided years ago to let the good Lord lead me if He so chooses to do so because my selector was way off.
    seoulsearch, Tommy379 and Maka like this.

  6. #6
    CaptainGoat
    Guest

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    Awwww! Wait patiently for a passing man and grab one!
    Zi likes this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,280
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    I reckon because marrying someone else would be adultery.

  8. #8
    Member Odelschwanck's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2015
    Age
    28
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    No women like me and I don't like any particular women at the moment.
    Last edited by Odelschwanck; July 13th, 2017 at 08:23 PM.

  9. #9
    CaptainGoat
    Guest

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Odelschwanck View Post
    No women like me and I don't like any particular women at the moment.
    There are some fantastic women out there. Be encouraged.
    Women... There some fantastic men too!

    Oh dear. I'm sounding like a dating agency!!!
    seoulsearch likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    119

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    Sometimes, my students ask me why I am still single. I don't mind them asking, because they are just genuinely interested in all the details of their teachers' lives. I have a few stock answers: "Because I'm a vampire", "Because I'm too bossy", "Because I'm an alien". I think I should combine them into one answer "Because I'm a bossy vampire alien." This is usually followed by suggestions to join Farmersonly.com or ChristianMingle or eHarmony.
    Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

  11. #11
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,280
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
    Sometimes, my students ask me why I am still single. I don't mind them asking, because they are just genuinely interested in all the details of their teachers' lives. I have a few stock answers: "Because I'm a vampire", "Because I'm too bossy", "Because I'm an alien". I think I should combine them into one answer "Because I'm a bossy vampire alien." This is usually followed by suggestions to join Farmersonly.com or ChristianMingle or eHarmony.
    When I was in Junior high, I was madly in love with my 8th grade English teacher. She was single, I use to stay after class to clean her chalkboards. On the last day of school she announced she had gotten engaged. I was devastated. She was in her 30s back then. I just know she was a good wife to that guy.
    seoulsearch and Galatea like this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,901
    Rep Power
    46

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    I'm single because I'm crazy. It would be close to a felony framing someone into marrying me.
    AWV

  13. #13
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,280
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    I'm single because I'm crazy. It would be close to a felony framing someone into marrying me.
    Oh bullcrap. I bet you're a good woman thats full of lovin.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    119

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    When I was in Junior high, I was madly in love with my 8th grade English teacher. She was single, I use to stay after class to clean her chalkboards. On the last day of school she announced she had gotten engaged. I was devastated. She was in her 30s back then. I just know she was a good wife to that guy.
    It's a common thing, a rite of passage, I guess. They don't teach us in education classes how to deal with students who have crushes on us. The best thing I've found is to pretend like I don't know and try to emphasize the fact to them that I think of them as my kids, and that I love them like a mother.
    Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

  15. #15
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,280
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
    It's a common thing, a rite of passage, I guess. They don't teach us in education classes how to deal with students who have crushes on us. The best thing I've found is to pretend like I don't know and try to emphasize the fact to them that I think of them as my kids, and that I love them like a mother.
    Miss Rice knew how to deal with it..... she got her chalkboard washed everyday for a year.
    seoulsearch, Susanna and Galatea like this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,901
    Rep Power
    46

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Miss Rice knew how to deal with it..... she got her chalkboard washed everyday for a year.
    Hahaha...awesome.
    Tommy379 and Galatea like this.
    AWV

  17. #17
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    43
    Posts
    10,129
    Rep Power
    171

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    I'm single because I'm crazy. It would be close to a felony framing someone into marrying me.
    I can relate to this.

    I have a pretty tough time convincing potential companions that once I take my (straight) jacket off, I can be a pretty amusing date.
    Pipp, Tommy379 and Galatea like this.
    Catfish are for catching, not for courting. Who is the person you're really talking to?

    I'm just a nerd hiding in plain sight who is totally inept at taking selfies. (Yes... I blinked at the last minute.)








  18. #18
    CaptainGoat
    Guest

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    Quote Originally Posted by seoulsearch View Post
    I can relate to this.

    I have a pretty tough time convincing potential companions that once I take my (straight) jacket off, I can be a pretty amusing date.
    Oh dear! :/

  19. #19
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,280
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    Quote Originally Posted by seoulsearch View Post
    I can relate to this.

    I have a pretty tough time convincing potential companions that once I take my (straight) jacket off, I can be a pretty amusing date.
    Do you have a problem going out with a guy you have to sign out of a padded room?

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,099
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    74

    Default Re: "So Just Why ARE You Single, Anyway?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Susanna View Post
    I'm single because I'm crazy. It would be close to a felony framing someone into marrying me.
    Define "crazy". How far north of the hot/crazy line are you?

    I'm curious. Most women won't admit they are crazy. They like to say they are "emotionally complex".
    Dino246 and Tommy379 like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "Guilty pleasures" you can easily enjoy when you are single
    By cinder in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: August 5th, 2017, 07:07 PM
  2. "TORAH OBSERVER" "HEBREW ROOTS" "MESSIANIC JEW" INCONSISTENCIES
    By sparkman in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: June 24th, 2017, 08:33 PM
  3. Replies: 189
    Last Post: July 12th, 2016, 03:36 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 27th, 2015, 11:57 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 24th, 2014, 01:34 AM