Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
Like Tree53Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

  1. #1
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,397
    Rep Power
    95

    Default Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    As the song says, "Everybody's working for the weekend!" What are your plans for this weekend? If you don't get the weekend off, what are your plans for your next days that you don't have to go to work?

    My dog is getting a bit smelly so I'm going to give him a bath. I'm also going to glue a wooden door handle on the passengers-side sliding door on my minivan. It won't look like the other doors but it'll work. And I plan to get a bit further in UFO: Aftershock, a video game.
    AbigailZeke and J0Hnnatcc3 like this.
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  2. #2
    Senior Member LittleBit1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2014
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,821
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    79

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    I am cleaning my house... and spending time with my in-laws before my baby gets here... I say cleaning my house... because every weekend, it never happens and I have nothing else going on... so no more procrastinating this time. I won't say how LONG it's been since my house has been cleaned... but let's just say... no one has been over at my house except my brother to do his laundry. Btw.... we have had a "wet" summer thus far... and I pray this means we will have a frigid winter this year..

    so yea. Just cleaning and spending time with my family.
    #LightShineBrightEveryWhereWeGo

    #TobymacandHollyn

  3. #3
    Senior Member J0Hnnatcc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    564
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    This Saturday, I'm going to a cookout with some friends at my church. But, it's not just any cookout, it's also going to be the first ice cream social I've attended (it's a southern thang).

    Two back-to-back awesome weekends. Praise God!
    AbigailZeke likes this.
    The good life is the one that's been laid down

  4. #4
    Senior Member chickwithsticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    As the song says, "Everybody's working for the weekend!" What are your plans for this weekend? If you don't get the weekend off, what are your plans for your next days that you don't have to go to work?

    My dog is getting a bit smelly so I'm going to give him a bath. I'm also going to glue a wooden door handle on the passengers-side sliding door on my minivan. It won't look like the other doors but it'll work. And I plan to get a bit further in UFO: Aftershock, a video game.
    I never knew lynx were so handy!!

    Very cool
    AbigailZeke likes this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member chickwithsticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    Quote Originally Posted by J0Hnnatcc3 View Post
    This Saturday, I'm going to a cookout with some friends at my church. But, it's not just any cookout, it's also going to be the first ice cream social I've attended (it's a southern thang).

    Two back-to-back awesome weekends. Praise God!
    An honest to goodness ice cream social!?! Never been but it sounds way cool ...I have pictured in my head young men in slicked back hair and women in poodle skirts.
    AbigailZeke likes this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member chickwithsticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    Parents finally moved down here to my neck of the woods in their retirement. We are very close so I am super stoked.

    They rolled in atv12:30am yesterday with the truck so this weekend I will be helping them unpack and continuing to work on baby blanket for my nieces baby. I want /need it done by end of August. It's not looking good as it will be 28 inches long when done.

    20170808_071731.jpg
    MollyConnor and AbigailZeke like this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,397
    Rep Power
    95

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    That ice cream social picture is outdated. The dress and the ice cream have both improved since then.

  8. #8
    Senior Member chickwithsticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    That ice cream social picture is outdated. The dress and the ice cream have both improved since then.
    I have no doubt but lynx...poodle skirts cannot be improved!! They look so super cool!!!!!
    J0Hnnatcc3 likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member toinena's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2017
    Age
    45
    Posts
    307
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    This weekend I am going to teach on Friday evening. Then Saturday I am just going to chill out, knit and read. I am having the house for myself from Friday after my main job until Sunday. A bliss. Sunday I get a pair of brothers staying over, and I am going to drive the 2.5 hours to go to my friend's church. And some more teaching in the evening. Boring, but that is the best about weekends. Just doing what I feel like, how I feel like and when I feel like.
    AbigailZeke likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,397
    Rep Power
    95

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    Quote Originally Posted by toinena View Post
    This weekend I am going to teach on Friday evening. Then Saturday I am just going to chill out, knit and read. I am having the house for myself from Friday after my main job until Sunday. A bliss. Sunday I get a pair of brothers staying over, and I am going to drive the 2.5 hours to go to my friend's church. And some more teaching in the evening. Boring, but that is the best about weekends. Just doing what I feel like, how I feel like and when I feel like.
    Yeah, that right there.

    "Sabbath was created for man, not man for the Sabbath" but Sabbath WAS created for the good of man. May not be on the same day of the week for everybody, but we all need a day to fritter away now and then.

    And Saturday, I will be a-frittering. =^.^=
    AbigailZeke likes this.
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2012
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,561
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    I'm going to the Jersey shore, and if there's enough time exploring Philadelphia a bit...my sister is coming down from NY to join me and we're meeting a mother/daughter duo I befriended in South America. Beaching, bonfiring, eating, and hopefully peeking at the Liberty Bell.
    AbigailZeke and J0Hnnatcc3 like this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,465
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    184

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    Well I've got an optician appointment Saturday morning, I need some
    more glasses. That will be expensive I need verifocals for general use plus some
    computer glasses when I'm at work.

    Then I'm going to visit a friend in hospital who has had a stroke.
    She hasn't been able to eat since May when it happened she had no swallow
    reflex. Recently though she just got eating again.
    AbigailZeke likes this.
    He is God and
    we are not.

  13. #13
    Senior Member toinena's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2017
    Age
    45
    Posts
    307
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    Yeah, that right there.

    "Sabbath was created for man, not man for the Sabbath" but Sabbath WAS created for the good of man. May not be on the same day of the week for everybody, but we all need a day to fritter away now and then.

    And Saturday, I will be a-frittering. =^.^=
    Yes. I keep Friday evening and whole Saturday as a total off day. I don't even leave the house, if I don't feel like walking (Rolling) the dog. If I don't get my day off every week, the next week is destroyed.
    AbigailZeke likes this.

  14. #14
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,302
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    Well, my weekend / day off starts tomorrow. I'll be dropping by the school tomorrow to settle my first term fees. Then, I may or may not join tomorrow night's care / cell group 2 hrs before my flight. Then, 3.5hrs in the air (please pray for my safe travel, if you see this). Then, I'll be seeing my family! It's been 3 months since my last visit. From then on, it will be random family fun.
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4

    www.abigail.pro

  15. #15
    Senior Member J0Hnnatcc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    564
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    Quote Originally Posted by chickwithsticks View Post
    An honest to goodness ice cream social!?! Never been but it sounds way cool ...I have pictured in my head young men in slicked back hair and women in poodle skirts.
    Ha ha, I hope not. I'm not slicking my hair back or dressing up no matter how much ice cream there is. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
    The good life is the one that's been laid down

  16. #16
    Senior Member J0Hnnatcc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    564
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    Well, my weekend / day off starts tomorrow. I'll be dropping by the school tomorrow to settle my first term fees. Then, I may or may not join tomorrow night's care / cell group 2 hrs before my flight. Then, 3.5hrs in the air (please pray for my safe travel, if you see this). Then, I'll be seeing my family! It's been 3 months since my last visit. From then on, it will be random family fun.
    Will pray.
    The good life is the one that's been laid down

  17. #17
    Senior Member J0Hnnatcc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    564
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellooo View Post
    I'm going to the Jersey shore, and if there's enough time exploring Philadelphia a bit...my sister is coming down from NY to join me and we're meeting a mother/daughter duo I befriended in South America. Beaching, bonfiring, eating, and hopefully peeking at the Liberty Bell.
    Kinda sounds like a weekend I would have when I lived up north.
    Have fun!
    The good life is the one that's been laid down

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2012
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,561
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    Quote Originally Posted by J0Hnnatcc3 View Post
    Kinda sounds like a weekend I would have when I lived up north.
    Have fun!
    I am not cut out to live anywhere up north, or anywhere with a real winter season....but its nice to visit! Thanks!
    J0Hnnatcc3 likes this.

  19. #19
    Member Lighthearted's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    I'm going to kareoke and bake a dark chocolate Italiancream cake...
    zeroturbulence likes this.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,415
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    64

    Default Re: Weekend Plans (or your next-day-off plans)

    My weekend seems to center around food . We have a potluck meal at church. It is a small and fluid congregation. We never know who might show up needing to be fed so our family tends to make a lot of food. So far for this week we're thinking chicken, potatoes, a zucchini side dish, and apple crisp. We've started today, but most of that prep will be done on Saturday.

    We are also in the middle of canning season, though we seem to have that really well covered and the only things we will be canning tomorrow are pickles and zucchini relish...and maybe chokecherry jelly. And we hope our Jersey cow doesn't calve until next week, because every day without needing to milk a cow and care for calf and make cheese is a blessing this time of year. We should also get out to water that garden, and probably pick a few veggies before they get out of hand.

    Sunday is church, Sunday school, and fellowship. I'm also hoping to have some really good family conversation and maybe play some on my poor neglected violin.
    17Bees and J0Hnnatcc3 like this.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. God please cancel these plans
    By South_FLA in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 01:52 PM
  2. Summer Plans
    By Lynx in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: May 19th, 2015, 09:34 PM
  3. summer plans?
    By Unicorn13 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 9th, 2013, 11:19 PM
  4. God's plans for you are???
    By GreenNnice in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2012, 03:37 PM
  5. Plans for the day..
    By BIG_RED_5891 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: June 20th, 2009, 12:01 AM