Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 137
Like Tree207Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: Have you ever been rejected?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2015
    Age
    30
    Posts
    550
    Rep Power
    40

    Default Have you ever been rejected?

    Have you ever asked someone out only for them to say no?

    If so, why do you think they said no? Did they say why? And how did you feel afterwards?

  2. #2
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    18,362
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    372

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger36147 View Post
    Have you ever asked someone out only for them to say no?

    If so, why do you think they said no? Did they say why? And how did you feel afterwards?
    Yep, more than once. No big deal, I just tell myself she's not the only fish in the sea. Afterwards? I feel good about myself for avoiding a potential disaster.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    58

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    The only time in life girls have power is when we are young and we're rejecting left and right.
    Tommy379 likes this.
    AWV

  4. #4
    Senior Member toinena's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2017
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,495
    Blog Entries
    25
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Rejected? Yeah. Not that I really have asked anyone out. But that I have showed interest and then been rejected, yes,

    How did it feel? It is what I expect when interacting with a guy, to expect anything else would be strange and unreal. It hurts everytime, though.
    Brrrr! Humbug!

    Make the world happy, play the bassoon.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,140
    Rep Power
    89

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger36147 View Post
    Have you ever asked someone out only for them to say no?

    If so, why do you think they said no? Did they say why? And how did you feel afterwards?
    Sure I have. It's likely because I'm not pretty. Women will never tell the truth as to why. I feel good about asking.
    tourist likes this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2015
    Age
    30
    Posts
    550
    Rep Power
    40

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Sure I have. It's likely because I'm not pretty. Women will never tell the truth as to why. I feel good about asking.
    I'm not an attractive guy either. The only reason I've never been rejected is because I've never asked anyone out. I can just imagine all these attractive women laughing in my face when I ask them out.

  7. #7
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    18,362
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    372

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger36147 View Post
    I'm not an attractive guy either. The only reason I've never been rejected is because I've never asked anyone out. I can just imagine all these attractive women laughing in my face when I ask them out.
    Next time you see a woman that interests you and she is available gather up your courage to ask her out. You have no chance of a romantic relationship if your fear of rejection is a cause for you not getting into the game. You just might be pleasantly surprised at her answer that may dramatically change your life in a most positive way You think of yourself as not attractive but that may not be how she looks at you.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,140
    Rep Power
    89

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger36147 View Post
    I'm not an attractive guy either. The only reason I've never been rejected is because I've never asked anyone out. I can just imagine all these attractive women laughing in my face when I ask them out.
    Oh no! Don't fall into this trap of thinking.
    Yes some women I'm sure have rejected me because I don't fit with their ideal of physical appearance, but you should always ask them out anyways. I have gotten dates with real stunners in my day. I know it's because I actually showed up and asked. No woman who has rejected me, has ever laughed in my face, I doubt that has happened to anyone. I have been thanked for asking.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  9. #9
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,073
    Rep Power
    173

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    I got rejected by Salma Hayek once, but only because my last name is Nella.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    Open Theism and Molinism, two inept theological camps, do err in this sense; God doesn't have an R&D department, He does all things perfectly.

    A god who can be fashioned by our own thoughts is no more a god than an image produced by our own hands. - Charles Spurgeon

  10. #10
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,140
    Rep Power
    89

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Stranger, once you get past that first one, it's all smooth sailing.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  11. #11
    Senior Member notmyown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2016
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,351
    Rep Power
    261

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger36147 View Post
    I'm not an attractive guy either. The only reason I've never been rejected is because I've never asked anyone out. I can just imagine all these attractive women laughing in my face when I ask them out.
    i don't speak for all the women in the world, but let a girl get to know you.

    people become attractive because of their character. they also, be they ever so GQ, become unattractive on the same basis.

    true story.

  12. #12
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,073
    Rep Power
    173

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    One time I tried to fix this girl up with a guy from church.

    Soooo....she asks me what color his eyes are. Uh?

    Now how in the world am I supposed to know what color a guys eyes are??????
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    Open Theism and Molinism, two inept theological camps, do err in this sense; God doesn't have an R&D department, He does all things perfectly.

    A god who can be fashioned by our own thoughts is no more a god than an image produced by our own hands. - Charles Spurgeon

  13. #13
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,161
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger36147 View Post
    I'm not an attractive guy either. The only reason I've never been rejected is because I've never asked anyone out. I can just imagine all these attractive women laughing in my face when I ask them out.
    Well that's a very "bad mindset" feeling rejected before you even try to ask women out,granted you can think more on who you prefer instead of asking women willy nilly trying to find who might like you,either way things may or may not work out how you want but "putting yourself down" gets you to feel hopeless or unwanted,and of course remember God is there for you,if you do come by bad time he'll pull you through and won't forsake you,it is tough wondering if your loved but remember too that you already have "courage" because you are talking to "All of us" it may "seem easy" but just like asking for a date you must "watch what you say" so in a way you are "getting practice" "speaking up" I mean in all technicality you are essentially posting to "thousands if not millions of people" including women who may see your posts whether members or not,now that takes some "courage",just start with perhaps a "hello" and go from there.
    Stranger36147 likes this.
    Joefizz- king of randomness -making others laugh is his hobby.

    I'm a smart idiot that serves God and I'm determined to keep to a future I believe in and trolls don't like me.

    If you don't believe in true love then please don't tell me not to believe in it because I believe it to be real.

    You are perfect?
    self righteousness is as filthy rags the bible says.
    You might wanna reconsider that ideal.

    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  14. #14
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,161
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Stranger, once you get past that first one, it's all smooth sailing.
    In a way yes because after you realize you aren't dead from trying,you start to "open up more" .
    tourist and Stranger36147 like this.
    Joefizz- king of randomness -making others laugh is his hobby.

    I'm a smart idiot that serves God and I'm determined to keep to a future I believe in and trolls don't like me.

    If you don't believe in true love then please don't tell me not to believe in it because I believe it to be real.

    You are perfect?
    self righteousness is as filthy rags the bible says.
    You might wanna reconsider that ideal.

    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  15. #15
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    191

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Stranger, once you get past that first one hundred and fifty it's all smooth sailing.

    fixed it for you

  16. #16
    Zi
    Guest

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Hey could be worse....

    I get rejected once people find out about my past. I don't have to tell them. I have an evil sister who hates me, she gets excited to be able to tell them.. one of the reasons this site is my only social media. Unless I move away, this site will remain my only social circle
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger36147 View Post
    I'm not an attractive guy either. The only reason I've never been rejected is because I've never asked anyone out. I can just imagine all these attractive women laughing in my face when I ask them out.
    joefizz likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2015
    Age
    30
    Posts
    550
    Rep Power
    40

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    One time I tried to fix this girl up with a guy from church.

    Soooo....she asks me what color his eyes are. Uh?

    Now how in the world am I supposed to know what color a guys eyes are??????
    When she asked what color his eyes were, you should have said something like "You swing that way, but I don't."

    I kid, I kid.
    preacher4truth and joefizz like this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,161
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zi View Post
    Hey could be worse....

    I get rejected once people find out about my past. I don't have to tell them. I have an evil sister who hates me, she gets excited to be able to tell them.. one of the reasons this site is my only social media. Unless I move away, this site will remain my only social circle
    I can relate,I have a cousin that has had no problem butting into other people's relationships and lives,sad really.
    Joefizz- king of randomness -making others laugh is his hobby.

    I'm a smart idiot that serves God and I'm determined to keep to a future I believe in and trolls don't like me.

    If you don't believe in true love then please don't tell me not to believe in it because I believe it to be real.

    You are perfect?
    self righteousness is as filthy rags the bible says.
    You might wanna reconsider that ideal.

    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,140
    Rep Power
    89

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zi View Post
    Hey could be worse....

    I get rejected once people find out about my past. I don't have to tell them. I have an evil sister who hates me, she gets excited to be able to tell them.. one of the reasons this site is my only social media. Unless I move away, this site will remain my only social circle
    Some guy like to let the past stay where it belongs.
    Namiette and joefizz like this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  20. #20
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    9,161
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: Have you ever been rejected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger36147 View Post
    When she asked what color his eyes were, you should have said something like "You swing that way, but I don't."

    I kid, I kid.
    Since you opened the can of worms further allow me to be "say worse"(it's a gift) preacher concerning that guys eyes you should have said "he had eyes"?
    Joefizz- king of randomness -making others laugh is his hobby.

    I'm a smart idiot that serves God and I'm determined to keep to a future I believe in and trolls don't like me.

    If you don't believe in true love then please don't tell me not to believe in it because I believe it to be real.

    You are perfect?
    self righteousness is as filthy rags the bible says.
    You might wanna reconsider that ideal.

    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Thank God We're rejected!
    By Yet in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: July 21st, 2015, 11:26 AM
  2. Why Was Cain Rejected?
    By WebersHome in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: December 13th, 2014, 10:56 PM
  3. He is despised and rejected...
    By Yet in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 31st, 2014, 12:12 PM
  4. Rejected?
    By Hashe in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: April 16th, 2014, 02:10 PM
  5. Do you feel Rejected?
    By Becky216 in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: June 19th, 2013, 04:15 PM