Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 140
Like Tree239Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: I wouldn't marry...

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2017
    Age
    36
    Posts
    931
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    I wouldn't marry an orange
    Saturn and Demi777 like this.
    I am a Liberally Republican Democrat and I approve this message!

  2. #42
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    43
    Posts
    10,291
    Rep Power
    205

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    These threads where we list what we want, or won't accept in and from a mate, are cute and fun; but I think I rather see what members here think they have to offer a potential mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipp View Post
    Make a thread !
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Good idea. You get right on that.
    Aw, c'mon, Tommy.

    You chase bad guys all day...

    Surely the thought of writing just one little thread here on CC doesn't scare you?
    Pipp, Demi777, Magenta and 1 others like this.
    "If I wait for stormy skies,
    You won't know the rain from the tears in my eyes."
    "Stay...
    Don't just walk away."-- a-ha.


  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    58

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    I can only offer blood, toil, tears and sweat...like Winston Churchill.

    As for myself I can offer a Whiskey & home rolled loving lady that won't be home until 6 AM...Haha.

    Sorry, but that's the way I'm wired.

    AWV

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2013
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    I wouldn't remarry my ex-husband again or someone that is more than 5 years older or younger than me. I wouldn't marry someone that is an excessive drinker, smokes or is plastered or tattoos or piercings and doesn't believe in God.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Solemateleft's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2017
    Age
    53
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    9

    Cool Re: I wouldn't marry...

    Quote Originally Posted by OneFaith View Post
    A drunk
    A smoker
    A gambler
    A control freak
    An abuser
    A guy who has to have a live in dog
    A guy who listens to heavy metal or loud things
    A guy who’s self-centered and/or easily angered
    A guy who is not grounded in Christ
    A guy who refuses to provide for his family
    A guy who hates to talk about responsible things
    A guy who is not home most of the time being a family man
    Well Darn I'm a solid 11/12 (92%) on the upside on this list... Too bad my dog is a deal-breaker. How about if I have a doggie door and he spends most of the time outdoors ?
    Last edited by Solemateleft; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:28 PM.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,092
    Rep Power
    84

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    Quote Originally Posted by Solemateleft View Post
    Well Darn I'm a solid 11/12 (92%) on the upside on this list... Too bad my dog is a deal-breaker. How about if I have a doggie door and he spends most of the time outdoors?
    I think she is alergic to men who own dogs.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  7. #47
    Senior Member JosephsDreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2015
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,758
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    I wouldn't marry any girl who thought THIS was a date.


    Now that's the type I would marry.
    Tommy379 and AuntieAnt like this.
    Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
    John 8:32

    And now these three remain; faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    1 Cor. 13:13


    Give ​peas a chance !



  8. #48
    Senior Member AuntieAnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,993
    Rep Power
    121

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    I wouldn't marry any girl who thought THIS was a date.


    A scorpion kick knockout.... wow!

    Saturn likes this.

    I didn’t see a temple in the city because the Lord God All-Mighty and the Lamb are its Temple. The city didn’t have need for the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the Glory of God gave it light; the Lamb is the Light.

  9. #49
    Senior Member laughingheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    135
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    Someone without a sense of humour, without kindness and who whistles off key all the time (last one is a repressed memory. Shudder.)

  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2017
    Age
    41
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    I wouldn't marry a yellow canary- I think that'd be silly of me
    How bout a chair?- no I wouldn't dare.
    and no I wouldn't marry a flea.
    Not a book, or a hook, or a car, or a jar
    not even a big chimpanzee
    Or jacket, a mattress, or a tennis racket
    I guess it's a woman for me.
    Pipp, JesusLives, Saturn and 3 others like this.

  11. #51
    Senior Member La_Vie_En_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2017
    Age
    38
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    I wouldn’t marry a man who does not believe in monogamy- monogamy of the heart, soul, and mind as well as body. Actually, I think exclusive affection is more important than exclusivity of the body (that is ultimately important as well). I’m too intelligent not to know if his affections are divided, so he should know from the start if he wants me, he can want no other.

    I also would not marry a man who was not biologically born a man. No altered men, please. DNA must by XY.
    Tommy379 and NoNameMcgee like this.

  12. #52
    Junior Member DreamsOfNorthernLights's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2017
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    Wouldn't marry a guy who wants me to be his mum.
    Wouldn't marry an Arminian.
    Wouldn't marry someone who wears football jerseys.
    Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't believe in adoption.
    Wouldn't marry someone who isn't creative.
    Wouldn't marry a control freak.
    Wouldn't marry a type A personality or a lawyer.
    Wouldn't marry someone with bad music taste.
    Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't like cats.
    Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't like vegetables.
    Wouldn't marry someone who has no sense of urgency to reach the unsaved.
    Wouldn't marry someone who ONLY talks about the Bible and nothing else - balance is important.
    Wouldn't marry someone who likes romantic comedies or Christian movies..
    they tend to be badly made and decidedly B grade.
    Wouldn't marry someone who has problems with authority. If I am to submit to him, he better know how to submit to God, the government, church elders etc.
    Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't understand biblical roles for men and women, but also wouldn't consider someone who knew nothing or cared nothing for the plight of women worldwide.
    Wouldn't marry someone who values others opinions of him above that of God's. After all,
    the fear of man is a dangerous trap and a people pleasing husband can lead to much trouble.
    Wouldn't marry someone who wasn't wise and who wasn't kind.
    Last edited by DreamsOfNorthernLights; 1 Week Ago at 04:41 PM.
    SAS likes this.

  13. #53
    Senior Member Prov910's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    824
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    I wouldn't marry a woman whose bottom half is a fish.

    I wouldn't marry a woman whose top half is a fish either.
    seoulsearch likes this.
    ================================================== ===========
    10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. Prov. 9:10

  14. #54
    Senior Member La_Vie_En_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2017
    Age
    38
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    Quote Originally Posted by Prov910 View Post
    I wouldn't marry a woman whose top half is a fish either.
    That is kind of funny, since your avatar is a fish.
    seoulsearch, AuntieAnt and Prov910 like this.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,092
    Rep Power
    84

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    Quote Originally Posted by Prov910 View Post
    I wouldn't marry a woman whose top half is a fish either.
    Well, that would change some things......
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  16. #56
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,927
    Rep Power
    194

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamsOfNorthernLights View Post
    Wouldn't marry a guy who wants me to be his mum.
    Wouldn't marry an Arminian.
    Wouldn't marry someone who wears football jerseys.
    Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't believe in adoption.
    Wouldn't marry someone who isn't creative.
    Wouldn't marry a control freak.
    Wouldn't marry a type A personality or a lawyer.
    Wouldn't marry someone with bad music taste.
    Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't like cats.
    Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't like vegetables.
    Wouldn't marry someone who has no sense of urgency to reach the unsaved.
    Wouldn't marry someone who ONLY talks about the Bible and nothing else - balance is important.
    Wouldn't marry someone who likes romantic comedies or Christian movies..
    they tend to be badly made and decidedly B grade.
    Wouldn't marry someone who has problems with authority. If I am to submit to him, he better know how to submit to God, the government, church elders etc.
    Wouldn't marry someone who doesn't understand biblical roles for men and women, but also wouldn't consider someone who knew nothing or cared nothing for the plight of women worldwide.
    Wouldn't marry someone who values others opinions of him above that of God's. After all,
    the fear of man is a dangerous trap and a people pleasing husband can lead to much trouble.
    Wouldn't marry someone who wasn't wise and who wasn't kind.

    I wouldn't marry someone who claimed to dislike control freaks while also being so rigid and controlling they considered "football jerseys" and "vegetables" to be serious marriage criteria.

    Perhaps words like "control" are just matters of perspective.

    That must be it.



    This thread IS just about sharing our personal opinions right?
    : )
    Tommy379 and laughingheart like this.

  17. #57
    Junior Member DreamsOfNorthernLights's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2017
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    How rude.It's a matter of personal preference. We are all entitled to those.
    SAS and AuntieAnt like this.

  18. #58
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,927
    Rep Power
    194

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamsOfNorthernLights View Post
    How rude.It's a matter of personal preference. We are all entitled to those.
    Exactly, it's all personal preference.

    You shared your personal preferences...
    and I shared my personal preferences.

    What is the problem?
    Tommy379 likes this.

  19. #59
    Junior Member DreamsOfNorthernLights's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2017
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    You must've edited your post because I got the distinct feeling that you had a problem with my personal preferences.
    SAS likes this.

  20. #60
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,927
    Rep Power
    194

    Default Re: I wouldn't marry...

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamsOfNorthernLights View Post
    You must've edited your post because I got the distinct feeling that you had a problem with my personal preferences.

    I have no control over your feelings.


    But it is entirely possible for people's personal preferences to be very different.
    Tommy379 and laughingheart like this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wouldn't it be funny...
    By Sirk in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 23rd, 2016, 10:58 AM
  2. Wouldn't It Be Nice If.....
    By skylove7 in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: October 25th, 2015, 08:10 AM
  3. you wouldn't want to divorce me
    By fantasiafelice in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: November 25th, 2012, 03:10 PM
  4. If I Wouldn't Have _______, I Could Have ______...
    By seoulsearch in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 13th, 2011, 02:13 AM
  5. I wouldn't be here, without Him.
    By LostDreamer in forum Testimonies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 29th, 2010, 10:07 PM