Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 174
Like Tree225Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: Writing game/challenge

  1. #21
    Senior Member La_Vie_En_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2017
    Age
    38
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    It is impossible to dance the tango to twanging banjo music. Rednecks have no culture at all. It would be better to fill the whole South with cannon and blow the region to pieces.

    Such is the summary of the learned Bostonian’s canon.

    mephistophelean
    Pagliacci
    obtuse
    Gargantua
    isolation
    Pipp, Desdichado, Tinuviel and 2 others like this.
    Romans 8:38-39 “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

  2. #22
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,937
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    Describe my isolation? Mephistophelean. Chaotic. Satanic.

    Picture the obtuse grumblings of Gargantua accented by the tenor and soprano trills of Pagliacci. That's what I hear when the air's devoid of sound.

    Barley
    Hopps
    Baptist
    Longbowmen
    Speed limit sign

    Quote Originally Posted by La_Vie_En_Rose View Post
    It is impossible to dance the tango to twanging banjo music. Rednecks have no culture at all. It would be better to fill the whole South with cannon and blow the region to pieces.

    Such is the summary of the learned Bostonian’s canon.

    mephistophelean
    Pagliacci
    obtuse
    Gargantua
    isolation
    Tinuviel likes this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  3. #23
    Senior Member SovereignGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    5,282
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    Describe my isolation? Mephistophelean. Chaotic. Satanic.

    Picture the obtuse grumblings of Gargantua accented by the tenor and soprano trills of Pagliacci. That's what I hear when the air's devoid of sound.

    Barley
    Hopps
    Baptist
    Longbowmen
    Speed limit sign
    Desdichado, in a hurry to get the Hopps and Barley back to his place to make his homemade brew, failed to see the Speed limit sign next to the Baptist church. An officer in that town was out of bullets, so he hired some Longbowmen to shoot Desdichado's tires.

    Banana peel
    Rice pudding
    Figs
    Chicken feathers
    Voodoo doll
    Pipp and Tinuviel like this.
    "There are two Christs in all of us who are saved."
    KJV1611

    "The Christ in me IS NOT the same Christ that's in someone who came to understand Christ a different way than I did."
    KJV1611


    "I don't have the same standard as you, I could care less what the originals say."
    KJV1611

  4. #24
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,937
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    YES! My summoning ritual was a success!

    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignGrace View Post
    Desdichado, in a hurry to get the Hopps and Barley back to his place to make his homemade brew, failed to see the Speed limit sign next to the Baptist church. An officer in that town was out of bullets, so he hired some Longbowmen to shoot Desdichado's tires.

    Banana peel
    Rice pudding
    Figs
    Chicken feathers
    Voodoo doll
    Tinuviel and SovereignGrace like this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,937
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    Sovereign Grace pulled out a voodoo doll shaped like Abraham Lincoln. His scheme unfolded while chomping on figs and Rice pudding.

    "A banana peel to make the drunkard trip...."

    "No, no, no, no, precious. He doesn't need help tripping!"

    "Yes, Sovy, yes. We'll stick him with chicken feathers. Then he'll lay eggs!"

    "Precious!"

    Sacramental Wine
    Baptismal Font
    Sprinkles
    Jerry Lee Lewis
    AR-15



    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignGrace View Post
    Desdichado, in a hurry to get the Hopps and Barley back to his place to make his homemade brew, failed to see the Speed limit sign next to the Baptist church. An officer in that town was out of bullets, so he hired some Longbowmen to shoot Desdichado's tires.

    Banana peel
    Rice pudding
    Figs
    Chicken feathers
    Voodoo doll
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    4,421
    Rep Power
    158

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    Sovereign Grace pulled out a voodoo doll shaped like Abraham Lincoln. His scheme unfolded while chomping on figs and Rice pudding.

    "A banana peel to make the drunkard trip...."

    "No, no, no, no, precious. He doesn't need help tripping!"

    "Yes, Sovy, yes. We'll stick him with chicken feathers. Then he'll lay eggs!"

    "Precious!"

    Sacramental Wine
    Baptismal Font
    Sprinkles
    Jerry Lee Lewis
    AR-15
    I FORBID the spread of this nonsense to this thread. I will have you both bounced for being drunk and disorderly, respectively.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  7. #27
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,937
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    I HAVE to fight him. It's like the domino theory- if I let one thread go, the rest will follow. Then we'll have no threads left and all will live under the pink star.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    I FORBID the spread of this nonsense to this thread. I will have you both bounced for being drunk and disorderly, respectively.
    seoulsearch and Tinuviel like this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  8. #28
    Senior Member SovereignGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    5,282
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    Sovereign Grace pulled out a voodoo doll shaped like Abraham Lincoln. His scheme unfolded while chomping on figs and Rice pudding.

    "A banana peel to make the drunkard trip...."

    "No, no, no, no, precious. He doesn't need help tripping!"

    "Yes, Sovy, yes. We'll stick him with chicken feathers. Then he'll lay eggs!"

    "Precious!"

    Sacramental Wine
    Baptismal Font
    Sprinkles
    Jerry Lee Lewis
    AR-15
    Jerry Lee Lewis was driving down the road when he saw Desdichado dangling a baby by its feet over a Baptismal font. That threw him into a rage, so he slammed on his brakes, got out his AR-15, loaded it with sprinkles and blew Des in half. He celebrated saving that baby's life by drinking some Sacramental wine.

    S.D. Jones
    Alaskan King Crab
    Club foot
    Fifth of white pour wine
    Strainer
    Desdichado and Tinuviel like this.
    "There are two Christs in all of us who are saved."
    KJV1611

    "The Christ in me IS NOT the same Christ that's in someone who came to understand Christ a different way than I did."
    KJV1611


    "I don't have the same standard as you, I could care less what the originals say."
    KJV1611

  9. #29
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    4,421
    Rep Power
    158

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post

    Sacramental Wine
    Baptismal Font
    Sprinkles
    Jerry Lee Lewis
    AR-15
    I blame my parents. I was unchurched as a child, so I honestly didn't know better. It was the first time I had ever been in a Church and I didn't even know that's what it WAS. Everything I did was wrong. I served the sacramental wine with dinner, used the baptismal font for bathing. Danced to Jerry Lee Lewis songs in the sanctuary, and put AR-15 sprinkles on the cupcakes. But to be honest, I should have known better when it came to the cupcakes.

    Kerfuffle
    Flibbertigibbet
    Melodious
    Discombobulated
    Sesquipedialian
    Desdichado and SovereignGrace like this.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  10. #30
    Senior Member SovereignGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    5,282
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    I HAVE to fight him. It's like the domino theory- if I let one thread go, the rest will follow. Then we'll have no threads left and all will live under the pink star.
    In the battle of wits, you ran out of ammo YEARS ago.
    seoulsearch and Tinuviel like this.
    "There are two Christs in all of us who are saved."
    KJV1611

    "The Christ in me IS NOT the same Christ that's in someone who came to understand Christ a different way than I did."
    KJV1611


    "I don't have the same standard as you, I could care less what the originals say."
    KJV1611

  11. #31
    Senior Member SovereignGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    5,282
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    I blame my parents. I was unchurched as a child, so I honestly didn't know better. It was the first time I had ever been in a Church and I didn't even know that's what it WAS. Everything I did was wrong. I served the sacramental wine with dinner, used the baptismal font for bathing. Danced to Jerry Lee Lewis songs in the sanctuary, and put AR-15 sprinkles on the cupcakes. But to be honest, I should have known better when it came to the cupcakes.

    Kerfuffle
    Flibbertigibbet
    Melodious
    Discombobulated
    Sesquipedialian
    I was discombobulated, because when I tried to start my 1980 Ford Pinto, it kept making a kerfuffle sound. Des came over and said my Flibbergibbet was out of line. But it made a Melodious sound after a Sesquipedialian talked me into having him fix it for only $1,599. Not bad for a 1980 Ford Pinto, right? Right???


    Robot
    Rusty bucket of bolts
    WD-40
    Liquid Wrench
    Bubble gum
    Tinuviel likes this.
    "There are two Christs in all of us who are saved."
    KJV1611

    "The Christ in me IS NOT the same Christ that's in someone who came to understand Christ a different way than I did."
    KJV1611


    "I don't have the same standard as you, I could care less what the originals say."
    KJV1611

  12. #32
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,937
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    *Scratches head. Okay.

    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignGrace View Post

    S.D. Jones
    Alaskan King Crab
    Club foot
    Fifth of white pour wine
    Strainer


    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    Kerfuffle
    Flibbertigibbet
    Melodious
    Discombobulated
    Sesquipedialian
    Tinuviel heard the melodius kerfuffle between Des and a Starfish who thinks he looks like SD Jones. Discombobulated, she took a nervous bite out of an Alaskan King Crab and downed a fifth of white pour wine.

    "By my maternal grandfathers sesquidpedialian name! I will put this to an end!", she howled.

    Grabbing the nearest weapon she could find (a strainer), she bopped Des in the face! That obnoxious flibbertigibbet didn't see it coming.

    Sovereign grace attacked her with his club foot, but it was to no avail as she strained his face into oblivion.
    Tinuviel likes this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,937
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    This robot! This rusty bucket of bolts!

    Neither bubble gum, nor liquid wrench, nor WD-40 could make it take away Chinese manufacturing jobs.

    fruit bowl
    toilet paper
    book
    aluminum keg
    Richard Nixon

    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignGrace View Post
    I was discombobulated, because when I tried to start my 1980 Ford Pinto, it kept making a kerfuffle sound. Des came over and said my Flibbergibbet was out of line. But it made a Melodious sound after a Sesquipedialian talked me into having him fix it for only $1,599. Not bad for a 1980 Ford Pinto, right? Right???


    Robot
    Rusty bucket of bolts
    WD-40
    Liquid Wrench
    Bubble gum
    Tinuviel likes this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Pipp's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2013
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,879
    Rep Power
    127

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    "The building is gonna blow !" I screamed as we made our way down the never ending staircase. MacGyver says "I have an idea...I'll need a rusty bucket of bolts, some WD-40 the bubblegum out of your mouth and... hmm.. I know.. I've got a tube of liquid wrench in my back pocket." I quickly helped him gather everything he requested and watched in amazement as he built a bomb deactivating robot right before me eyes . Within 2 minutes the ordeal was over and the entire building was saved. "Thank you so much.... How can I ever repay you?" "Don't worry about it sweetheart " he proclaims " it's all in a days work."



    Swamp
    Nap
    Tidbit
    Chortle
    Flop
    Tinuviel likes this.
    If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

    A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.
    Roald Dahl, The Twits

  15. #35
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    4,421
    Rep Power
    158

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post

    fruit bowl
    toilet paper
    book
    aluminum keg
    Richard Nixon
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipp View Post

    Swamp
    Nap
    Tidbit
    Chortle
    Flop
    I think it was my idea to wrap Mother's gift in the toilet paper. It was a book on Richard Nixon. My brother's idea was to put it in an aluminum keg and throw it in the swamp, but Sue said these days mother would prefer to take a nap instead of going diving. My brother gave a chortle and responded that it would be a nice tidbit for her to find, but we won out. In the end, it was a flop. Mother didn't like it wrapped in toilet paper and it turns out she wanted a fruit bowl.

    Saturday
    None
    Forever
    Death
    Haven
    Pipp likes this.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  16. #36
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    4,421
    Rep Power
    158

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    I HAVE to fight him. It's like the domino theory- if I let one thread go, the rest will follow. Then we'll have no threads left and all will live under the pink star.
    #notmypinkstar
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  17. #37
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,748
    Blog Entries
    21
    Rep Power
    251

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    I think it was my idea to wrap Mother's gift in the toilet paper. It was a book on Richard Nixon. My brother's idea was to put it in an aluminum keg and throw it in the swamp, but Sue said these days mother would prefer to take a nap instead of going diving. My brother gave a chortle and responded that it would be a nice tidbit for her to find, but we won out. In the end, it was a flop. Mother didn't like it wrapped in toilet paper and it turns out she wanted a fruit bowl.

    Saturday
    None
    Forever
    Death
    Haven
    On Saturday, we packed for our trip although none of us really wanted to go. The traffic seemd to take forever. I'm sure that having a recent death in the family made it seem longer... At least Granpa's house has that big playroom so the kids can have a safe haven to play in while the adults can spend some quiet time with each other...

    plane
    storm
    flying
    turbulence
    scared
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point".
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Milk talk who in the land of taco are you posting to?

  18. #38
    Senior Member Born_Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2014
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,455
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    So our plane was flying into a storm. The turbulence was terrible. I had never been so scared before. It reminded me of Jona. I knew at that moment God wanted someone thrown off. I didn't want to waste time casting lots so I made a decision to throw grandma out at 30,000 feet. I told her to flap her arms and hope for the best.


    Impact
    Crater
    Thud
    Fracture
    Giggle

  19. #39
    Senior Member La_Vie_En_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2017
    Age
    38
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    God was displeased with the attempted murder of the vinegary grandmother. A bolt of lightning struck the plane, causing the hull to fracture. The plane made a crater with its impact as it landed with a thud. Grandma gave a hysterical giggle.

    venomous
    snake
    old maid
    resigned
    irrational
    Born_Again likes this.
    Romans 8:38-39 “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

  20. #40
    Senior Member AuntieAnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    3,621
    Rep Power
    197

    Default Re: Writing game/challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Born_Again View Post
    Impact
    Crater
    Thud
    Fracture
    Giggle
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Vie_En_Rose View Post
    venomous
    snake
    old maid
    resigned
    irrational
    I'll do both.


    The impact of the meteorite made a huge crater in the ground and the loud thud fractured the well. This made Little Lulu giggle.
    Lulu wasn’t a bright gal. She would play with a venomous snake on occasion. The old maid who took care of her finally resigned as Lulu’s behavior was much too irrational.


    Polyester
    Bathtub
    Spaghetti
    Slippers
    Cash

    I didn’t see a temple in the city because the Lord God All-Mighty and the Lamb are its Temple. The city didn’t have need for the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the Glory of God gave it light; the Lamb is the Light.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Verb Alphabet word game (Game)
    By MysteryReader101 in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: August 28th, 2015, 11:58 AM
  2. Is my writing okay?
    By Monnkai in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: April 21st, 2015, 06:17 PM