Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50
Like Tree69Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: Where to meet single men

  1. #41


    GOP
    GOP is offline
    Senior Member GOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2015
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,579
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: Where to meet single men

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    That is like saying "You will drink a glass of water, so why do you not live at the bottom of the ocean?" Working at a job with a few unbelievers is MASSIVELY different from marrying an unbeliever.

    And I notice that although you flattered Tinuviel, you have not yet supplied the requested scripture that counteracts scripture about not marrying an unbeliever.
    My precious brother, here it is.
    For it is written, "If any one thinks that he is not behaving proper toward his betrothed, if his passions are strong, and it has to be, let him do as he wishes: let them marry-it is not a sin (1 Corinthians 7:36)." And here the betrothed may be a believer or an unbeliever

  2. #42
    Idiot in Chief Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,730
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Where to meet single men

    Quote Originally Posted by GOP View Post
    My precious brother, here it is.
    For it is written, "If any one thinks that he is not behaving proper toward his betrothed, if his passions are strong, and it has to be, let him do as he wishes: let them marry-it is not a sin (1 Corinthians 7:36)." And here the betrothed may be a believer or an unbeliever
    Nice eisegesis there. You placed meaning on the text that clearly is not there contextually.

    It is clear from the context (unless you are trying to ignore it) that Paul is speaking to believers in this text and nowhere in the chapter is it even implied that Christians can (much less should) marry unbelievers.

    If Paul were to contradict his instruction in 2nd Corinthians 6:14 (yep a letter to the same church) it would pretty much remove his credibility as an Apostle and rightly we would have to trash a large percentage of the New Testament.
    Last edited by Oncefallen; 6 Days Ago at 08:43 PM.
    AuntieAnt likes this.

  3. #43
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,000
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    531

    Default Re: Where to meet single men

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetmorningdew78 View Post
    On CC and some of them are on this thread


    I am not saying this is a dating site I am just saying there are good single christian men on CC
    I certainly agree with you. There are also plenty of good single Christian women of CC too.
    Sweetmorningdew78 likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,477
    Rep Power
    206

    Default Re: Where to meet single men

    Quote Originally Posted by GOP View Post
    My precious brother, here it is.
    For it is written, "If any one thinks that he is not behaving proper toward his betrothed, if his passions are strong, and it has to be, let him do as he wishes: let them marry-it is not a sin (1 Corinthians 7:36)." And here the betrothed may be a believer or an unbeliever
    You have to make some fairly large assumptions to make that one work. You have to assume a christian is betrothed to an unbeliever. Since the Bible clearly says marrying an unbeliever is a bad idea, you have to assume it is okay to become betrothed to an unbeliever, but not okay to just marry an unbeliever without first being betrothed to the unbeliever.

    By your logic, if I am infatuated with an unbeliever I cannot marry her straight off. I first must become betrothed to her, THEN marry her.

    That... doesn't make any sense. You'd better find a better verse. That one doesn't support what you claim it supports.
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  5. #45
    Senior Member AuntieAnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    3,843
    Rep Power
    220

    Default Re: Where to meet single men

    Father knows best. "Come out from among them and be separate," says the Lord. "And do not touch the unclean thing."

    We're not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. That's the Truth. Just because some Christians do marry unsaved people does not make it right. Just because some unsaved spouses eventually come to Christ decades down the road, does not make it right. God provides a much better way, a way that is easy and light. Two people becoming one, equally yoked in Christ.

    The Lord says to count the cost. Some Christians pay a hefty price marrying an unbeliever. It is a lonely life when you can't share spiritual communion and godly fellowship with your spouse for years and years. It is extremely hard when one speaks the sweet language of Christ and the other knows only the world's cold language.

    Those who trust the Lord and marry a godly spouse get to enjoy unity in spirit as well as in body from day one. And others learn the hard way that being unequally yoked is often lonely and troublesome.
    tourist, Lynx, Tinuviel and 1 others like this.

    I didn’t see a temple in the city because the Lord God All-Mighty and the Lamb are its Temple. The city didn’t have need for the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the Glory of God gave it light; the Lamb is the Light.

  6. #46
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,000
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    531

    Default Re: Where to meet single men

    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieAnt View Post

    Those who trust the Lord and marry a godly spouse get to enjoy unity in spirit as well as in body from day one. And others learn the hard way that being unequally yoked is often lonely and troublesome.
    I learned the hard way my first time around and I was indeed very lonely and the entire marriage was troublesome. My current and last wife that I will have and myself converse in the same spiritual language.
    GOP likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,477
    Rep Power
    206

    Default Re: Where to meet single men

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    I learned the hard way my first time around and I was indeed very lonely and the entire marriage was troublesome. My current and last wife that I will have and myself converse in the same spiritual language.
    "Language of disciples, tell me can you speak it?
    Do you understand the language of the spirit
    Don't be trying accents foreign to the kingdom
    Dialect of Heaven, language of disciples"
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  8. #48


    GOP
    GOP is offline
    Senior Member GOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2015
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,579
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: Where to meet single men

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncefallen View Post
    Nice eisegesis there. You placed meaning on the text that clearly is not there contextually.

    It is clear from the context (unless you are trying to ignore it) that Paul is speaking to believers in this text and nowhere in the chapter is it even implied that Christians can (much less should) marry unbelievers.

    If Paul were to contradict his instruction in 2nd Corinthians 6:14 (yep a letter to the same church) it would pretty much remove his credibility as an Apostle and rightly we would have to trash a large percentage of the New Testament.
    Sir thank you for your contribution to this.

    Some people think that there are contradictions in the WORD OF GOD but they are absolutely wrong. There is no contradiction in GOD'S WORD. The issue with many is that they interpret GOD'S WORD wrongly because they try to use their intellectual understanding and their level of education to understand GOD'S WORD instead of allowing the HOLY SPIRIT to teach them and interpret for them the WORD OF GOD. Many have understood this verse (2 Corinthians 6:14-16) wrongly. When the LORD says in 2Corinthians 6:14 -16 that "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God......."

    ---- Here the LORD is not talking about getting married to an unbeliever or doing what is right together with unbelievers but HE is telling us (His Children) that we should not be involved or take part in the works of unbelievers. Marriage is not the work of unbelievers but it is the work of GOD. GOD created marriage. HE instituted marriage and marriage is good and so it can never be the work of an unbeliever. These are some of the works of an unbeliever which the LORD is telling us not to yoke together with them. The LORD is telling us to come out of them. They are malice, invention of evil, fornication, homosexuality, lying, transgender, gossiping, stealing, injustice, discrimination, racism, legalizing evil etc These are all works of unbelievers and the LORD warned us not to get yoke together with them or participate in them.

    Marriage was instituted by GOD so marriage is good. If a believer got married to an unbeliever that will not still change the truth that marriage is good. The institution(Marriage) remains good no matter who get involve in it whether believer or unbeliever. This is what many haven't understand. For it is written, “For the unbelieving husband is consecrated through his wife (that is the believing wife), and the unbelieving wife is consecrated through her husband ( the believing husband). Otherwise, your children would be unclean, but as it is they are holy (1 Corinthians 7:14).” We also see this clearly when Joseph the son of Jacob got married to the daughter of Pharaoh who was an unbeliever and their children Manasseh and Ephraim were holy since their mother who was an unbeliever was consecrated to her husband Joseph who was a believer and GOD’S Son.
    For example, there are many Christians who have siblings who are unbelievers and they live together, eat together, play together and do many things together. And also there are many Christians who worked in their work places with unbelievers. They get involve together to do their duties in their work places. But when it comes to marriage to an unbeliever they disagree. And the reason of their disagree is simple lack of knowledge of the Truth-the WORD OD GOD is Truth. Why are they not leaving the unbelievers in their work places and in their homes and family, and go and work or live with believers only? If they are working and living with unbelievers, and disagreeing with the issue of getting marry to an unbeliever, this clearly shows hypocrisy.

    The issue about the verse above is that the LORD doesn’t want us to get involve in the evil works of unbelievers not that we should not do what is right with them.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    40
    Posts
    12,477
    Rep Power
    206

    Default Re: Where to meet single men

    GOP there are no contradictions in the Bible, but there are contradictions between what the Bible says and what you claim it says. By your logic every marriage is blessed by God because it is a marriage. I am going to guess you have not seen a lot of married people. There are some that are very unblessed. There are many marriages that are definitely not the work of God. Calling something a marriage does not make it blessed by God anymore than Saul bringing the Ark of the Covenant into battle brought God's assistance on the Israelites side.
    GOP likes this.

  10. #50
    Idiot in Chief Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,730
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Where to meet single men

    Quote Originally Posted by GOP View Post
    Sir thank you for your contribution to this.

    Some people think that there are contradictions in the WORD OF GOD but they are absolutely wrong. There is no contradiction in GOD'S WORD. The issue with many is that they interpret GOD'S WORD wrongly because they try to use their intellectual understanding and their level of education to understand GOD'S WORD instead of allowing the HOLY SPIRIT to teach them and interpret for them the WORD OF GOD. Many have understood this verse (2 Corinthians 6:14-16) wrongly. When the LORD says in 2Corinthians 6:14 -16 that "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God......."
    **facepalm**

    I'm not going to waste my time continuing to unravel your argument since it is crystal clear in the context of 2nd Corinthians 6 that you are wrong yet choose to allow yourself to be deceived.
    Tinuviel and AuntieAnt like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. The Marriage Pact: I'm Single, You're Single, Let's Get Married!!!
    By seoulsearch in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: April 21st, 2017, 08:03 PM
  2. Single peeps being single...
    By Malcyboy in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: June 8th, 2014, 09:02 AM
  3. MEET ME! MEET MEEEEE!!
    By Elleeicee in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 10th, 2012, 06:28 AM
  4. Meet single male christians
    By Insurer2 in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 29th, 2012, 03:18 PM