Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
Like Tree37Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

  1. #1
    Junior Member MetalForJesusRafael's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    Hi People, since young I had gotten along with the nerds kind, many of my friends are. I want to know if I can find some christian nerds here.
    Powemm likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member eugenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    488
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    Christian nerd raises his hand. Goes back to doing advanced calculus.
    Jullianna and Powemm like this.
    For me, as a Christian believer, the beauty of the scientific laws only reinforces my faith in an intelligent, divine creative force at work. The more I understand science, the more I believe in God because of my wonder at the breadth, sophistication and integrity of his creation.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    38
    Posts
    12,328
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    I'm not popular enough to be a nerd.
    "I really loved being with her. I never got tired of it" - my dad talking about my mom 17 years after her death


    We know His path is narrow, to follow Him requires more than bumper stickers and apparel. They will know us by our love, not by our celebrities.


  4. #4
    Senior Member joshhuntnm's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2012
    Age
    56
    Posts
    412
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    I am a Christian nerd.

  5. #5
    adekruif
    Guest

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    I'm not popular enough to be a nerd.
    Popular and nerd don't belong in the same sentence together, for obvious reasons.

    √-1 am a nerd.
    Jullianna and Searching4Truth like this.

  6. #6
    Junior Member MetalForJesusRafael's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    the intersection of the conjunct nerd and the conjunct popular is empty, if you understand me, hohohoho!

    The word nerd is getting a lot of new meanings, it not define only the geeks(oldschool nerd) anymore, it's defining all a kind of culture like games, animations, uncommon subjects while the geeks are definite by the taste for technology and very good grades. I don't know abroad, but in Brazil the things are getting into that.

    If we talk about the oldschool nerd, I cannot be a sample, cause ma grades are bad, although I study engineering.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Stuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    868
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    There are many.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    38
    Posts
    12,328
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    Quote Originally Posted by adekruif View Post
    Popular and nerd don't belong in the same sentence together, for obvious reasons.

    √-1 am a nerd.
    Uhh.. i know.. that was kind of the point........
    "I really loved being with her. I never got tired of it" - my dad talking about my mom 17 years after her death


    We know His path is narrow, to follow Him requires more than bumper stickers and apparel. They will know us by our love, not by our celebrities.


  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    I'm definitely a "nerd," as you say. I'm not so much a technical nerd though, that stuff goes over my head, but I'm a big reader and movie nerd. I read comic books, fantasy novels, fan fiction, things like that. I also get good grades, so I'd definitely classify myself as a nerd. lol

  10. #10
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,939
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    *Proudly flashes her official, "I'm A Nerd, Go Calculate THAT!"* card. Adding that that, I'm now a Grown-Up Nerd Heading into Middle Age.

    Seriously, though. I always told my parents, "I'm one of the 'dumb' 'smart people'!" seeing as I am not particularly gifted in anything but love to read and would rather be at the library than a lot of other places. (And of course, this is just my own joke about myself... I am definitely not saying that anyone who is "not" a "nerd" isn't smart!!)

    *Goes back to carefully balancing the pen AND pencil she has woven into her hair buns.*
    kayem77 likes this.
    "More often than not, we aren't judging someone for not being like Jesus (even when we think that's the reason.) Many times, when we judge someone... it's because they are not being like us." (Paraphrase of a quote I read in a devotional book.)

  11. #11
    Senior Member error's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23rd, 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,196
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    And i always thought that if you read books that means you are a ''bookworm''.
    jocha

  12. #12
    Senior Member LightningClap0002's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,343
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    Quote Originally Posted by error View Post
    And i always thought that if you read books that means you are a ''bookworm''.
    Yay for bookworms!!!!!!
    error, kayem77, dliz and 1 others like this.

  13. #13
    Administrator Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,177
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    Quote Originally Posted by seoulsearch View Post
    Adding that that, I'm now a Grown-Up Nerd Heading into Middle Age.
    BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!!

    I've got five years on you and refuse to believe I'm anywhere near middle age.

  14. #14
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,939
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    LOL, Oncefallen.

    But aren't we nerds firmly grounded in reality? Some of us, a little sooner than others.

    "Your logic does not compute." Just kidding!!

    I'm always tempted to tell people I'm 40 just so that I can get used to it!

    "Accept the harshness of reality, we must."
    FAITHFULGILLIAN likes this.
    "More often than not, we aren't judging someone for not being like Jesus (even when we think that's the reason.) Many times, when we judge someone... it's because they are not being like us." (Paraphrase of a quote I read in a devotional book.)

  15. #15
    Junior Member MetalForJesusRafael's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    I still playing classic games in the world of PS3, specially nintendo games.
    Searching4Truth likes this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,939
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    The original Mario Bros. is still the best, music and all.
    "More often than not, we aren't judging someone for not being like Jesus (even when we think that's the reason.) Many times, when we judge someone... it's because they are not being like us." (Paraphrase of a quote I read in a devotional book.)

  17. #17
    Administrator Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,177
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    Quote Originally Posted by seoulsearch View Post
    LOL, Oncefallen.

    But aren't we nerds firmly grounded in reality? Some of us, a little sooner than others.

    "Your logic does not compute." Just kidding!!

    I'm always tempted to tell people I'm 40 just so that I can get used to it!

    "Accept the harshness of reality, we must."
    Well, first of all even though I tend towards the side of logic, I wouldn't classify myself as a nerd.

    Secondly, in my humble opinion, middle age and old age is a state of mind not necessarily chronological. My folks are in their early 70's and are more physically active than most people that I know that are "middle aged."
    jkalyna likes this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,939
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    I guess I've just always figured if life expectancy is in the 80's... 40 is right about in the middle.

    But here's to staying young at heart.
    "More often than not, we aren't judging someone for not being like Jesus (even when we think that's the reason.) Many times, when we judge someone... it's because they are not being like us." (Paraphrase of a quote I read in a devotional book.)

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    Quote Originally Posted by error View Post
    And i always thought that if you read books that means you are a ''bookworm''.
    I'd say that it depends on what you read. If you lean more toward sci-fi and fantasy that will put you in the nerd territory. If you read non-fiction or period pieces, then you're a bookworm.


    Quote Originally Posted by MetalForJesusRafael View Post
    I still playing classic games in the world of PS3, specially nintendo games.
    Gaming is pretty great, Zelda FTW!
    kayem77 and Searching4Truth like this.

  20. #20
    Senior Member lookwhatthelordhasdone's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    855
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Christian Nerds, any of them here?

    I'm a nerd and proud of it!

    Well, does theater geek count?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can Christian Women Be Pastors and Preachers?
    By loveschild in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: July 15th, 2014, 12:52 AM
  2. What being a Christian means to me...
    By onlyme in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 16th, 2013, 12:02 PM
  3. SeoulSearch's Date, Act 2. An Identity Crisis... Who is the REAL Christian?
    By seoulsearch in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: June 22nd, 2011, 08:33 PM
  4. Eternal security a fundamental truth of the Christian faith
    By roaringkitten in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: October 3rd, 2009, 05:03 PM