Page 2738 of 2880 FirstFirst ... 1738 2238 2638 2688 2728 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2748 2788 2838 ... LastLast
Results 54,741 to 54,760 of 57581
Like Tree104408Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

  1. #54741
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2013
    Age
    33
    Posts
    20,349
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    Ohhhh this looks... deadly.
    I haven't read the book yet (it's on my smartphone 'Kindle'), but apparently, it's rather funny and thought-provoking.

  2. #54742
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,617
    Rep Power
    61

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    So this book is kind of like a modern "Pilgrim's Progress" with zombies?
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  3. #54743
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2013
    Age
    33
    Posts
    20,349
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    So this book is kind of like a modern "Pilgrim's Progress" with zombies?
    Less outrageously allegorical and actually funny, but I guess that would be a reasonable comparison.
    AbigailZeke likes this.

  4. #54744
    Senior Member cinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,153
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    48

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell725 View Post
    Mistakes make people wiser. A mistake is not a character flaw. Have you ever been attracted to a bad girl? I don't resent guys who choose bad girls. I feel sorry for them because they are being used and deceived. Its the bad girl that I don't like.
    Making a mistake is not a character flaw. Repeating that mistake multiple times and whining about how things never work out for you and how unlucky you are, well that's another story. How much is sheer stupidity and inability to understand cause and effect and how much is character flaw probably varies with the situation. And both guys and gals do it.


    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    People have to give you reputation points for your posts (the little star button at bottom of each post). But rep power has nothing to do with the little green bars under your name if that's what you were thinking... that has to do with how active you are in the forums, and exactly how it works is a mystery..
    I believe it works out to you get a 1 rep power for every 100 rep points people give you plus one rep power for every 1000 posts you make. Plus 1 rep power for every year you are a member. That gets me close to my rep power at least. But I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate. But hopefully I shed some light on this mystery.
    When you do love a thing, its gladness is a reason for loving it, and its sadness a reason for loving it more. - GK Chesterton

    The true definition of love is sacrifice.

    Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling. - Prov 20:3

  5. #54745
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,137
    Rep Power
    58

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    Less outrageously allegorical and actually funny, but I guess that would be a reasonable comparison.
    It's hard to find a Christian book with good humor, so I'll give this a try.
    zeroturbulence and Tintin like this.
    "In this world, you will have tribulation. But take heart, I have overcome the world." - Jesus

    My name is Abigail. I blog. I work full-time as a Network Engineer and I study Web Development part time. I also serve at New Creation Church SG as a Sound Control Assistant.

    This is the story of how I met the grace of Jesus Christ.

  6. #54746
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2013
    Age
    33
    Posts
    20,349
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    It's hard to find a Christian book with good humor, so I'll give this a try.
    That it is, that it is.

    Here's a great Christian humour story. I know people find different things funny, but I laughed my butt off reading this book. It's really good! Convicting too.

    2642470.jpg
    AbigailZeke likes this.

  7. #54747
    Senior Member Immawildthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2013
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,351
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    Wow you are blessed with a husband like that, Lin! I wish I could be like that! Did you marry Jesus???
    Lol! Yes, Gabe, I'm a nun.
    I realize I was blessed very much, with a husband like mine. I'm pretty sure all the other guys I've ever known/courted, none of them could have handled all of my insanity. Mine is a blessing.
    He came home this morning, around 5:30... And had to leave again for 3 days, to work. I'm exhausted, and I really want my husband home for more than 3 hours.
    zeroturbulence and Fenner like this.
    A time to WEEP,
    and a time to LAUGH;
    a time to MOURNE
    and a time to DANCE.
    Ecc 3:4

  8. #54748
    Senior Member Immawildthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2013
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,351
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    I like an alpha male, not a bad boy. There's a difference.

    My husband is neither. But that's okay. God knew what He was doing when He lead me to my husband... Or my husband to me, as this case may be. He drove 4 hours to help someone at my grandma's house, and I just happened to be living at my grandma's house at the time. He also fell in love with my daughter that day too. Should have been my first clue that he was the one, lol.
    zeroturbulence and Fenner like this.
    A time to WEEP,
    and a time to LAUGH;
    a time to MOURNE
    and a time to DANCE.
    Ecc 3:4

  9. #54749
    Senior Member Yeraza_Bats's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,683
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    People have to give you reputation points for your posts (the little star button at bottom of each post). But rep power has nothing to do with the little green bars under your name if that's what you were thinking... that has to do with how active you are in the forums, and exactly how it works is a mystery..
    Hahaha, its not?! Pffft I always figured thats what it was : p

    Would like to know what those little green dots are, then : p I should befriend a mod : p
    zeroturbulence likes this.
    I am a strong supporter of followers of Christ who struggle with the lbgt lifestyle. If you are struggling in faith with this like I do, feel free to contact me for support, encouragement or even for a friend. Or to give me your much needed support and encouragement as well

    I have a music page for stuff I write. And sometimes I even post on it.
    (click on it^)
    "Stand at the side and the sky in Versailles..."

  10. #54750
    Senior Member Yeraza_Bats's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,683
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    I believe it works out to you get a 1 rep power for every 100 rep points people give you plus one rep power for every 1000 posts you make. Plus 1 rep power for every year you are a member. That gets me close to my rep power at least. But I'm not sure if that's entirely accurate. But hopefully I shed some light on this mystery.
    Yup, dunno how I missed this. Literally just now read this post, apparently I totally skipped it >.>

    *coughs awkwardly*
    zeroturbulence likes this.
    I am a strong supporter of followers of Christ who struggle with the lbgt lifestyle. If you are struggling in faith with this like I do, feel free to contact me for support, encouragement or even for a friend. Or to give me your much needed support and encouragement as well

    I have a music page for stuff I write. And sometimes I even post on it.
    (click on it^)
    "Stand at the side and the sky in Versailles..."

  11. #54751
    Senior Member Huglife's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2016
    Age
    19
    Posts
    1,638
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    It's been a while...

    Anyway, so my friend got me into attack on titan, an anime show from Japan, so I have begun learning jappenese. I've just been like, a fantasy nerd mixing with anime. And it sounds weird trying to speak japppenese with a southern accent lol
    zeroturbulence and Fenner like this.
    love each other, as i have loved you. Jesus said this to us. To love. So someday, when you hate, and loath, smile to Lord Jesus, and hug someone. And start living the huglife.

  12. #54752
    Senior Member Fenner's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2013
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,236
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    56

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    The Teacher I work with turned 50 today. When she told the kid's one of them said, 50! I thought you'd be dead by 50! Awe Preschoolers, lol.

  13. #54753
    Senior Member MollyConnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2014
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,777
    Rep Power
    46

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Fenner, is that your cat? He has huge eyes! So cute!
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. - Romans 12:21

  14. #54754
    Senior Member Fenner's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2013
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,236
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    56

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by MollyConnor View Post
    Fenner, is that your cat? He has huge eyes! So cute!

    Yes that's Puffy. She's my sweetheart.

  15. #54755
    Senior Member Fenner's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2013
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,236
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    56

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Let me tell men something, be happy you don't experience PMS, unless you're married then you do experience it.
    zeroturbulence likes this.

  16. #54756
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,615
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    104

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeraza_Bats View Post
    Hahaha, its not?! Pffft I always figured thats what it was : p

    Would like to know what those little green dots are, then : p I should befriend a mod : p
    It's what some forums call a health meter. Its based on how active you are in the forums. Its something to do how often you post compared to how long you've been a member... If you take a hiatus like a month or so you'll see some green bars disappear and you cant just make a bunch of posts to get them back. Its some kind of algorythym thing..
    Yeraza_Bats and AbigailZeke like this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    1 Corinthians 15:52 KJV:
    “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

    "
    My heart is so hidden in hamburger grease that a woman has to eat fifty In-n-Out double-doubles to find me....."

  17. #54757
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    349
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    You know sometimes we walk the earth and think our enemies of Christianity are really somewhere lurking out of site but it is possible they are driving around in bmws and running businesses because they may be receiving their reward right now. Also when we are insulted we shouldn't really take offense because it is part of creation and how the Creator created us. The flesh and the spirit are at enmity and it will always be that way until Christ returns and completely destroys the ungodly. Also we should never think that people in the flesh or getting away with anything and that some here maybe receiving punishment from the Lord in ways we can never understand. And they will still be at enmity with the spirit even while being continually punished for doing so. All I know is if there is one thing we ought to learn from this current age it is that Christ is to be obeyed completely and that God punishes the disobedient in ways we should all take heed to.

  18. #54758
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    349
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternallife View Post
    You know sometimes we walk the earth and think our enemies of Christianity are really somewhere lurking out of site but it is possible they are driving around in bmws and running businesses because they may be receiving their reward right now. Also when we are insulted we shouldn't really take offense because it is part of creation and how the Creator created us. The flesh and the spirit are at enmity and it will always be that way until Christ returns and completely destroys the ungodly. Also we should never think that people in the flesh or getting away with anything and that some here maybe receiving punishment from the Lord in ways we can never understand. And they will still be at enmity with the spirit even while being continually punished for doing so. All I know is if there is one thing we ought to learn from this current age it is that Christ is to be obeyed completely and that God punishes the disobedient in ways we should all take heed to.
    are not or typo in my message I'm currently replying to.

  19. #54759
    Senior Member MollyConnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2014
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,777
    Rep Power
    46

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    She had them apple bottom jeans, boots with da furrrr...
    Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. - Romans 12:21

  20. #54760
    Senior Member Rachel20's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 7th, 2013
    Posts
    1,429
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    It's what some forums call a health meter. Its based on how active you are in the forums. Its something to do how often you post compared to how long you've been a member... If you take a hiatus like a month or so you'll see some green bars disappear and you cant just make a bunch of posts to get them back. Its some kind of algorythym thing..
    I wonder if mental health might have some correlation with a few people's post counts.

    A lot of people are active posters - however it has been spread over a long time frame. There are people who have been members on here for 6 years and there are a few who have been on for just over 2 years and they have almost up to 48,000 posts.

    That's about 50 posts a day. Some of them average to around 10 a day. I understand that many people may have limitations that keep them from doing anything else - so perhaps arguing and posting all over CC seems to be their only best option then.

    *Shrugs*

    I am just glad settings allow PMs to come only from friends on here. From my recent experience, that's the last thing I want to deal with - conversations with such people with questionable backgrounds.

    Nope. Just nope.


    “Into the hands of every individual is given a marvelous power for good or evil---the silent, unconscious, unseen influence of his life. This is simply the radiation of what man really is, not what he pretends to be.”

    - William George Jordan






Similar Threads

  1. BE FULL OF THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF GOD
    By Grace777x70 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 8th, 2016, 04:16 PM
  2. Streams of Sub-Consciousness Thoughts
    By tourist in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 406
    Last Post: April 7th, 2016, 01:11 AM
  3. Biblical streams of consciousness and thoughts
    By Spokenpassage in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 7th, 2014, 08:02 PM