Page 2913 of 2918 FirstFirst ... 1913241328132863290329112912291329142915 ... LastLast
Results 58,241 to 58,260 of 58343
Like Tree105796Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

  1. #58241
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    16,999
    Blog Entries
    20
    Rep Power
    112

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenner View Post
    Do you ever wish CC had a, Was that necessary, or a Dislike, button?
    I'd be for having an anonymous dislike button.
    Fenner, Yeraza_Bats and Dino246 like this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    1 Corinthians 15:52 KJV:
    β€œIn a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”

    "
    My heart is so hidden in hamburger grease that a woman has to eat fifty In-n-Out double-doubles to find me....."

  2. #58242
    Senior Member JesusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2013
    Age
    62
    Posts
    11,722
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    222

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenner View Post
    Do you ever wish CC had a, Was that necessary, or a Dislike, button?
    Yes, on the dislike button... but what would really be fun is if a little guy would pop out of your computer screen and give you a slap once in awhile....with some of the responses made....

    Not you personally just over in the BDF....lol

  3. #58243
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    15,064
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    269

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by JesusLives View Post
    Yes, on the dislike button... but what would really be fun is if a little guy would pop out of your computer screen and give you a slap once in awhile....with some of the responses made....

    Not you personally just over in the BDF....lol
    Like this?



    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  4. #58244
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    15,064
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    269

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    I'd be for having an anonymous dislike button.
    When you have enemies and someone posts slander against you, your enemies come and put their likes on the the slander, so no dislike button is needed, really
    seoulsearch, Fenner and EarnestQ like this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  5. #58245
    Senior Member Yeraza_Bats's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,029
    Rep Power
    78

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    I'd be for having an anonymous dislike button.
    I remember Ugly saying something about once getting a rep point that was done in order to tell him that he was wrong about something, or something like that.

    So you can always do that : p Anonymous rude rep points, haha.
    Fenner, EarnestQ and peacenik like this.
    I am a strong supporter of followers of Christ who struggle with the lbgt lifestyle. If you are struggling in faith with this like I do, feel free to contact me for support, encouragement or even for a friend. Or to give me your much needed support and encouragement as well

    I have a music page for stuff I write. And sometimes I even post on it.
    (DONT JUST LISTEN TO THE FIRST SONG!)

  6. #58246
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    43
    Posts
    9,312
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeraza_Bats View Post
    I remember Ugly saying something about once getting a rep point that was done in order to tell him that he was wrong about something, or something like that.

    So you can always do that : p Anonymous rude rep points, haha.
    The problem is, the potential for abuse is astronomical, and many people DO use the rep system just for the purpose of abuse.

    I had someone give me a "rep" comment a while back that told me I needed to shut up in the forums, and that it was no wonder why I was single (they were even gracious--and classy enough--to include a 4-letter word.) I understand if someone feels that way about me--no problem--but for Pete's sake, have enough of a liver to at least tell me yourself instead of hiding.

    Oncefallen said that the person apparently had two accounts, one active, and one having never been used to make any other post except to send me that particular comment (after 3 years!)

    I wound up turning it into a thread, which the person should have expected (having been here so long), seeing as that's what I've always done with overly excessive negative feedback that I've received on this site.

    "Constructive criticism"--no problem. But abusive comments--especially when the person doesn't have the face to show themselves--are something I'll most likely always make into a public discussion so that hopefully, others won't have to go through the same thing.

    Unfortunately, I've known many people here who were the victims of people who have abused the rep system.
    Last edited by seoulsearch; 1 Week Ago at 06:19 PM.
    Fenner and Magenta like this.
    Being catfished is one of the worst online experiences you can have.

    If that person you're talking to seems too good or too good-looking to be real... It's probably because they AREN'T. Or at least, they aren't being real... with you. Please, be careful! <3

    Proverbs 4:23 -- "Above all else, guard your heart... for it determines the course of your life."




  7. #58247
    Senior Member Yahweh_is_gracious's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,065
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by seoulsearch View Post
    The problem is, the potential for abuse is astronomical, and many people DO use the rep system just for the purpose of abuse.

    I had someone give me a "rep" comment a while back that told me I needed to shut up in the forums, and that it was no wonder why I was single (they were even gracious--and classy enough--to include a 4-letter word.) I understand if someone feels that way about me--no problem--but for Pete's sake, have enough of a liver to at least tell me yourself instead of hiding.

    Oncefallen said that the person apparently had two accounts, one active, and one having never been used to make any other post except to send me that particular comment (after 3 years!)

    I wound up turning it into a thread, which the person should have expected (having been here so long), seeing as that's what I've always done with overly excessive negative feedback that I've received on this site.

    "Constructive criticism"--no problem. But abusive comments--especially when the person doesn't have the face to show themselves--are something I'll most likely always make into a public discussion so that hopefully, others won't have to go through the same thing.

    Unfortunately, I've known many people here who were the victims of people who have abused the rep system.
    Aww...and for all my being outspoken, nobody yet has had even the yellow-streak enough to send me a nasty PM or a negative rep point (aside from the back-handed comment about my previous avatar). I wonder if either I am just lucky, or if the cowards around here know that I'm likely to stomp a mudhole in their butts and wade the thing dry.
    Last edited by Yahweh_is_gracious; 1 Week Ago at 06:44 PM. Reason: I forgot to close my parenthetical. Self-flagellation commences NOW!
    seoulsearch likes this.
    Some days, I feel like removing the SIM from my phone, breaking it in pieces, tossing the phone in a wood chipper, grabbing my bug-out bag, leave everyone without saying a word, and just going ghost for the rest of my life.

  8. #58248
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    43
    Posts
    9,312
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Yahweh_is_gracious View Post
    Aww...and for all my being outspoken, nobody yet has had even the yellow-streak enough to send me a nasty PM or a negative rep point (aside from the back-handed comment about my previous avatar). I wonder if either I am just lucky, or if the cowards around here know that I'm likely to stomp a mudhole in their butts and wade the thing dry.
    Lol, Yahweh.

    Not that I'd ever want to get into a fight with you, but I'd at least let you know it was me.

    On second thought... Maybe we SHOULD get into some kind of mock fight in the forums... Especially when things get a little too quiet around here.. and I'm pretty sure it would be epic.

    The poor mods wouldn't know which one of us to ban first. (I respect the mods here way too much to actually put them through that but... OOOHHHH, the temptation. )

    P.S. I'm pretty sure you'd wipe the floor with my avatar... but watching your technique unfold would be half the fun!
    Fenner likes this.
    Being catfished is one of the worst online experiences you can have.

    If that person you're talking to seems too good or too good-looking to be real... It's probably because they AREN'T. Or at least, they aren't being real... with you. Please, be careful! <3

    Proverbs 4:23 -- "Above all else, guard your heart... for it determines the course of your life."




  9. #58249
    Idiot in Chief Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    47
    Posts
    4,279
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Spring in Colorado can be a bit bi-polar. Hot and sunny one day, cool and rainy the next......or of course what you see

    20170518_065227.jpg

  10. #58250
    Senior Member rachelsedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,595
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    I did the same thing. The result is requiring regular doctor visits and multiple surgeries and hospital visits the rest of my life. Even if it's just stress that can still cause heath problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by EarnestQ View Post
    You say you haven't been to a doctor like you are proud of it. That kind of pride can KILL YOU! Many to most doctors really are concerned with their patient's health and want them to stay healthy. Find a doctor you like.
    I hate spending money on medical things. Especially for them to tell me "Hey you're stressed." Like...I know? I don't really know what they would do? My medical insurance is high deductible so I pay out of pocket for everything for a while. And I know "It's better to spend some now than thousands later" but like I said, my other tests (blood tests/blood pressure etc) have come back okay. So to me, it's not worth it.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    Rachel, I had the same kind of problem when I was working at a fast-paced, stressful job. I would be hungry but didnt feel like eating and then when I did eat I'd feel kind of sick afterwards. I actually thought I was developing IBS. It turned out to be a combination of waiting too long to eat and not eating enough.
    That's exactly what happens. And that's what I've been doing...guess I need to get back on a better schedule. Life be crazy
    EarnestQ likes this.
    Trust God first.
    Trust God most.

  11. #58251
    Senior Member Yahweh_is_gracious's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,065
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by seoulsearch View Post
    Lol, Yahweh.

    Not that I'd ever want to get into a fight with you, but I'd at least let you know it was me.

    On second thought... Maybe we SHOULD get into some kind of mock fight in the forums... Especially when things get a little too quiet around here.. and I'm pretty sure it would be epic.

    The poor mods wouldn't know which one of us to ban first. (I respect the mods here way too much to actually put them through that but... OOOHHHH, the temptation. )

    P.S. I'm pretty sure you'd wipe the floor with my avatar... but watching your technique unfold would be half the fun!
    No, I wouldn't wipe the floor with your avatar...

    ...the floor hasn't done anything to warrant that kind of treatment.
    Dino246 and EarnestQ like this.
    Some days, I feel like removing the SIM from my phone, breaking it in pieces, tossing the phone in a wood chipper, grabbing my bug-out bag, leave everyone without saying a word, and just going ghost for the rest of my life.

  12. #58252
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    43
    Posts
    9,312
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Yahweh_is_gracious View Post
    No, I wouldn't wipe the floor with your avatar...

    ...the floor hasn't done anything to warrant that kind of treatment.
    You're so right... The floor isn't worthy. Kidding!

    And so... it begins!!!
    Being catfished is one of the worst online experiences you can have.

    If that person you're talking to seems too good or too good-looking to be real... It's probably because they AREN'T. Or at least, they aren't being real... with you. Please, be careful! <3

    Proverbs 4:23 -- "Above all else, guard your heart... for it determines the course of your life."




  13. #58253
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    43
    Posts
    9,312
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    On a completely separate note, I just watched "XXX".

    Perhaps I should specify, lest anyone should get the wrong idea--the full title of the movie was "XXX: The Return of Xander Cage."

    All I can say is... Holy Shamoly.

    Tony Jaa and Donnie Yen might be in their 40's and 50's, but they are second to none. Shiver me timbers. Even better, they kick everyone's butts with a smile.

    I have to give Vin his chops, but I would have much rather watched an entire movie that showcased a lot more of Tony, Donnie, and Ruby Rose instead (just because she gives off so much attitude.)
    Being catfished is one of the worst online experiences you can have.

    If that person you're talking to seems too good or too good-looking to be real... It's probably because they AREN'T. Or at least, they aren't being real... with you. Please, be careful! <3

    Proverbs 4:23 -- "Above all else, guard your heart... for it determines the course of your life."




  14. #58254
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,534
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    I am obsessed with this song. Dang it...
    "It is a happiness to wonder;─ it is a happiness to dream."

  15. #58255
    Senior Member Yahweh_is_gracious's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,065
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by seoulsearch View Post
    You're so right... The floor isn't worthy. Kidding!

    And so... it begins!!!
    Very well. Take your stance.

    seoulsearch and rachelsedge like this.
    Some days, I feel like removing the SIM from my phone, breaking it in pieces, tossing the phone in a wood chipper, grabbing my bug-out bag, leave everyone without saying a word, and just going ghost for the rest of my life.

  16. #58256
    Senior Member Yahweh_is_gracious's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,065
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by seoulsearch View Post
    On a completely separate note, I just watched "XXX".

    Perhaps I should specify, lest anyone should get the wrong idea--the full title of the movie was "XXX: The Return of Xander Cage."

    All I can say is... Holy Shamoly.

    Tony Jaa and Donnie Yen might be in their 40's and 50's, but they are second to none. Shiver me timbers. Even better, they kick everyone's butts with a smile.

    I have to give Vin his chops, but I would have much rather watched an entire movie that showcased a lot more of Tony, Donnie, and Ruby Rose instead (just because she gives off so much attitude.)
    I loved watching Tony Jaa in the Ong Bak movies, and loved watching Donnie Yen in the Ip Man movies. Excellent fight choreography in those films. Ong Bak where Tony Jaa's character first fights in the bar and knocks that big guy out with a knee hit to the chest was epic.

    seoulsearch likes this.
    Some days, I feel like removing the SIM from my phone, breaking it in pieces, tossing the phone in a wood chipper, grabbing my bug-out bag, leave everyone without saying a word, and just going ghost for the rest of my life.

  17. #58257
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    43
    Posts
    9,312
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Yahweh_is_gracious View Post
    I loved watching Tony Jaa in the Ong Bak movies, and loved watching Donnie Yen in the Ip Man movies. Excellent fight choreography in those films. Ong Bak where Tony Jaa's character first fights in the bar and knocks that big guy out with a knee hit to the chest was epic.

    It's a tragedy that more people here aren't as acquainted with their work as say, that of Jackie Chan.

    I only became aware of their movies in the past 5 years or so, because I tend to pick up movies that no one else (in America, at least) has heard of.

    I got hooked on Tony Jaa in The Protector 2, and Donnie Yen in Ip Man. For some reason I was never all that into Jackie, but watching these guys (along with Jet Li <3) is like watching art in motion. (And, bad guys get stopped and put away!!! What more of a bonus could one ask for. )
    Being catfished is one of the worst online experiences you can have.

    If that person you're talking to seems too good or too good-looking to be real... It's probably because they AREN'T. Or at least, they aren't being real... with you. Please, be careful! <3

    Proverbs 4:23 -- "Above all else, guard your heart... for it determines the course of your life."




  18. #58258
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    41
    Posts
    18,135
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian_Khatru View Post
    I am obsessed with this song. Dang it...
    Gimme Chocolate by Babymetal? =D

    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  19. #58259
    Senior Member rachelsedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,595
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    I did a thing tonight that my counselor recommended I do. It was really really rough but I already feel better. Exhausted, but better.

    Slow and steady.
    seoulsearch and ChandlerFan like this.
    Trust God first.
    Trust God most.

  20. #58260
    Senior Member rachelsedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,595
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    ^^^ I wonder if that was the stress/mental block on my appetite. After she suggested it was about when it started...and now that it's over I had a small snack and now I feel kind of ravenous, ha. I wonder if just mentally it was stirring in my brain, knowing I'd have to write down all the events, good and bad, of the relationship, re-live them. So many down lines, not very many up lines. Kind of crazy to see it on paper.

    Kind of glad I feel hungry and WANT to eat, and not hungry but don't feel like eating. I'll take it slow, see how I feel tomorrow.

    The only positive from it is that it made it easier to lose weight. I know it's not an ideal/right way to do it but just trying to see the silver lining here.
    Ugly and EarnestQ like this.
    Trust God first.
    Trust God most.

Similar Threads

  1. BE FULL OF THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF GOD
    By Grace777x70 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 8th, 2016, 04:16 PM
  2. Streams of Sub-Consciousness Thoughts
    By tourist in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 406
    Last Post: April 7th, 2016, 01:11 AM
  3. Biblical streams of consciousness and thoughts
    By Spokenpassage in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 7th, 2014, 08:02 PM