Page 3068 of 3073 FirstFirst ... 2068256829683018305830663067306830693070 ... LastLast
Results 61,341 to 61,360 of 61457
Like Tree110722Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

  1. #61341
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,171
    Blog Entries
    21
    Rep Power
    218

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by toinena View Post
    Thank you! I am all tears. Perhaps it is because I have been at the University for 12 hours and the drive home was terrible with snow and slippery roads. Or the fact that I actually had a great day there or the fact that outside work life sucks... anyway. Thank you for taking your time to respond to my sigh. It made my coming home a bit easier.
    Glad you are home safe, Toinena.
    EarnestQ likes this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point".
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Milk talk who in the land of taco are you posting to?

  2. #61342
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,171
    Blog Entries
    21
    Rep Power
    218

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by toinena View Post
    Thank you! I am all tears. Perhaps it is because I have been at the University for 12 hours and the drive home was terrible with snow and slippery roads. Or the fact that I actually had a great day there or the fact that outside work life sucks... anyway. Thank you for taking your time to respond to my sigh. It made my coming home a bit easier.
    Glad you are home safe, Toinena.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point".
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Milk talk who in the land of taco are you posting to?

  3. #61343
    Senior Member MissCris's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,484
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    I’m not often prone to jealousy, and I have no desire to get malaria, but...

    ...maybe that’s not the best way to start.

    A girl I went to high school with is now a missionary in Africa. Except, she will tell you straight up she doesn’t consider herself to be a missionary, that she’s simply there because she took a crazy leap of faith and liquidated her assets and since she can’t exactly go home, she might as well rent a house in Africa. Makes sense, yeah?

    Whatever title she she does or doesn’t want to give it, she is absolutely doing God’s work; ministering to the people there, loving them, feeding and clothing and doctoring them. Paying their way to see specialists. Taking young women into her home to give them better opportunities in life- right now there’s a single mom living with her, learning to make and sell doughnuts.

    She posts as many stories and photos on Facebook as she can, she documents nearly everything that way. She even posted updates when she had malaria, in the hopes that people here would get a better sense of what that’s actually like.

    And all of this is truly inspiring and incredible- people send her money and supplies, and they get to see exactly who it goes to and how it’s used. They get to see the faces of the people their money is helping, and they get to read their personal stories.

    In between the posts about her work, she fits in some amazing photography and funny stories about her day.

    And selfies. Seriously gorgeous, stunning, creative selfies, in which she looks absolutely beautiful. In Africa. In the heat and humidity. Surrounded by dirt and insects and poverty, often without running water or electricity.

    And here I am, surrounded by a world of modern conveniences and easy access to every beauty product known to man (uh, woman), and what do I do with it?

    Not very stinkin’ much, that’s what.

    She’s over there changing lives and looking all ethereal-bohemian-jungle-princess-glam and I’m over here changing channels and looking all frumpy-frazzled-hobolicious. The heck is this?!



    Note- I’m only really a little envious, and mostly only that she’s doing such awesome stuff...although this girl’s eyelashes have no business looking so long and thick when she’s up to her pretty green eyes in hard work and disease.

    Notenote- I’ve been following her on Facebook for months and what she’s doing for the Lord has majorly inspired me and dozens of other women in our hometown. Her love for God is evident in everything she posts and I just wanted to share a tiny bit of her story.
    seoulsearch, Dino246 and Tommy379 like this.


    There's joy for the morning
    Oh sinner, be still
    Earth has no sorrow
    That Heaven can't heal
    -Crowder

  4. #61344
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    191

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    So, part of my job is to handle internet fiber issues.

    In some cases, fiber issues are caused by accidental cuts OR rodents chewing fiber for dinner.

    I've always known that my b.o.s.s. is a bit absurd.

    But today was downright ridiculous it's not even funny.

    He just asked me to search our archives and find photos of fiber cuts showing.. not just the cut but also the rodent culprit.

    I'm basically looking for a rat selfie.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    Visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  5. #61345
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,171
    Blog Entries
    21
    Rep Power
    218

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    So, part of my job is to handle internet fiber issues.

    In some cases, fiber issues are caused by accidental cuts OR rodents chewing fiber for dinner.

    I've always known that my b.o.s.s. is a bit absurd.

    But today was downright ridiculous it's not even funny.

    He just asked me to search our archives and find photos of fiber cuts showing.. not just the cut but also the rodent culprit.

    I'm basically looking for a rat selfie.
    What are the chances of you actually finding a pic like that in your archives? (just curious)
    AbigailZeke likes this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point".
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Milk talk who in the land of taco are you posting to?

  6. #61346
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,171
    Blog Entries
    21
    Rep Power
    218

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by MissCris View Post
    I’m not often prone to jealousy, and I have no desire to get malaria, but...

    ...maybe that’s not the best way to start.

    A girl I went to high school with is now a missionary in Africa. Except, she will tell you straight up she doesn’t consider herself to be a missionary, that she’s simply there because she took a crazy leap of faith and liquidated her assets and since she can’t exactly go home, she might as well rent a house in Africa. Makes sense, yeah?

    Whatever title she she does or doesn’t want to give it, she is absolutely doing God’s work; ministering to the people there, loving them, feeding and clothing and doctoring them. Paying their way to see specialists. Taking young women into her home to give them better opportunities in life- right now there’s a single mom living with her, learning to make and sell doughnuts.

    She posts as many stories and photos on Facebook as she can, she documents nearly everything that way. She even posted updates when she had malaria, in the hopes that people here would get a better sense of what that’s actually like.

    And all of this is truly inspiring and incredible- people send her money and supplies, and they get to see exactly who it goes to and how it’s used. They get to see the faces of the people their money is helping, and they get to read their personal stories.

    In between the posts about her work, she fits in some amazing photography and funny stories about her day.

    And selfies. Seriously gorgeous, stunning, creative selfies, in which she looks absolutely beautiful. In Africa. In the heat and humidity. Surrounded by dirt and insects and poverty, often without running water or electricity.

    And here I am, surrounded by a world of modern conveniences and easy access to every beauty product known to man (uh, woman), and what do I do with it?

    Not very stinkin’ much, that’s what.

    She’s over there changing lives and looking all ethereal-bohemian-jungle-princess-glam and I’m over here changing channels and looking all frumpy-frazzled-hobolicious. The heck is this?!



    Note- I’m only really a little envious, and mostly only that she’s doing such awesome stuff...although this girl’s eyelashes have no business looking so long and thick when she’s up to her pretty green eyes in hard work and disease.

    Notenote- I’ve been following her on Facebook for months and what she’s doing for the Lord has majorly inspired me and dozens of other women in our hometown. Her love for God is evident in everything she posts and I just wanted to share a tiny bit of her story.
    I wouldn't be too envious, MissCris... She's probably sleeping in a tent or a cot instead of a bed, in 100+ degree days and cold nights in unsanitary conditions, dealing with flying insects and mosquitos. Imagine not having a nice clean bathroom, maybe even very little privacy, no store nearby, no home cooked meals, no fast food, maybe just barely enough rations and water to survive, no ice for your drinks, no washing machine, not stove, no microwave, etc., etc.. I'm just saying it's probably no picnic..
    Last edited by zeroturbulence; 1 Week Ago at 04:44 AM.
    MissCris likes this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point".
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Milk talk who in the land of taco are you posting to?

  7. #61347
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,986
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    191

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    My coworker took over because I gave up (more like unmotivated to do it, it's like a one in a million chance - with the amount of fiber issues we've handled in the last ten years).

    Apparently, nothing is impossible.

    Lo and behold, he found one from a case back in 2013. There's a dead rat in the photo.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    What are the chances of you actually finding a pic like that in your archives? (just curious)
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    Visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  8. #61348
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,171
    Blog Entries
    21
    Rep Power
    218

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    My coworker took over because I gave up (more like unmotivated to do it, it's like a one in a million chance - with the amount of fiber issues we've handled in the last ten years).

    Apparently, nothing is impossible.

    Lo and behold, he found one from a case back in 2013. There's a dead rat in the photo.
    yuck!
    AbigailZeke likes this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point".
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Milk talk who in the land of taco are you posting to?

  9. #61349
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,845
    Rep Power
    167

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    My coworker took over because I gave up (more like unmotivated to do it, it's like a one in a million chance - with the amount of fiber issues we've handled in the last ten years).

    Apparently, nothing is impossible.

    Lo and behold, he found one from a case back in 2013. There's a dead rat in the photo.
    Beautiful! This showcases the value of perseverance. If you keep trying anything is possible, even finding an internet disconnection caselog with a dead mouse in the picture.

    I think I'll give up on everything from now on.
    AbigailZeke likes this.
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  10. #61350
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,689
    Rep Power
    526

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~



    Joi is asking for prayers in the prayer forum...


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  11. #61351
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,449
    Rep Power
    230

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    So, part of my job is to handle internet fiber issues.

    In some cases, fiber issues are caused by accidental cuts OR rodents chewing fiber for dinner.

    I've always known that my b.o.s.s. is a bit absurd.

    But today was downright ridiculous it's not even funny.

    He just asked me to search our archives and find photos of fiber cuts showing.. not just the cut but also the rodent culprit.

    I'm basically looking for a rat selfie.
    I laughed SO hard at this!

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    My coworker took over because I gave up (more like unmotivated to do it, it's like a one in a million chance - with the amount of fiber issues we've handled in the last ten years).

    Apparently, nothing is impossible.

    Lo and behold, he found one from a case back in 2013. There's a dead rat in the photo.
    And then I laughed even more at the thought that someone actually FOUND the "rat selfie"!

    Thanks for the whopping LOL.
    "You say, you dream of my face...
    But you don't like me,
    You just like the chase." -- JoJo.


  12. #61352
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,406
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    I have just realized that I'm a 19 year old rebel girl trapped in a 41 year old grandmothers body...lol.

  13. #61353
    Senior Member MissCris's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,484
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    One 5 year old’s birthday party accomplished, one sliver of glass stuck in my finger despite many attempts by family to literally cut it out. I do one dumb thing, and everyone I know turns into a surgeon.


    There's joy for the morning
    Oh sinner, be still
    Earth has no sorrow
    That Heaven can't heal
    -Crowder

  14. #61354
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,171
    Blog Entries
    21
    Rep Power
    218

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by MissCris View Post
    One 5 year old’s birthday party accomplished, one sliver of glass stuck in my finger despite many attempts by family to literally cut it out. I do one dumb thing, and everyone I know turns into a surgeon.
    Whenever I have a splinter that's too small to see or too small to pull out, I grab an x-acto knife with a very sharp blade and use it to gently dig it out by plucking at the skin above the splinter with the tip of the x-acto. Its surgically sharp so you barely feel anything. Wipe the blade with alcohol before using. And you don't need a whole x-acto knife... just the blade itself is all you need. I've seen them sold at 99 cent stores..




    This is the same thing they're doing (digging it out) but they're using a slightly different kind of blade...

    MissCris and AbigailZeke like this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point".
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Milk talk who in the land of taco are you posting to?

  15. #61355
    Senior Member MissCris's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,484
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    Whenever I have a splinter that's too small to see or too small to pull out, I grab an x-acto knife with a very sharp blade and use it to gently dig it out by plucking at the skin above the splinter with the tip of the x-acto. Its surgically sharp so you barely feel anything. Wipe the blade with alcohol before using. And you don't need a whole x-acto knife... just the blade itself is all you need. I've seen them sold at 99 cent stores..




    This is the same thing they're doing (digging it out) but they're using a slightly different kind of blade...

    Hey thanks for this! I tried it, sort of...nobody else was willing to try again because they got spooked that my finger bled so much (what’d they expect, they were cutting into skin...). I was at least able to move the glass slightly, then I soaked my hand for a while and it finally got pushed out.


    There's joy for the morning
    Oh sinner, be still
    Earth has no sorrow
    That Heaven can't heal
    -Crowder

  16. #61356
    Idiot in Chief Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,646
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    Whenever I have a splinter that's too small to see or too small to pull out, I grab an x-acto knife with a very sharp blade and use it to gently dig it out by plucking at the skin above the splinter with the tip of the x-acto. Its surgically sharp so you barely feel anything. Wipe the blade with alcohol before using. And you don't need a whole x-acto knife... just the blade itself is all you need. I've seen them sold at 99 cent stores..




    This is the same thing they're doing (digging it out) but they're using a slightly different kind of blade...
    What were you thinking directing Cris to surgical instruments??

    Do you want her clutziness to come up missing fingers??

  17. #61357
    Senior Member MissCris's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,484
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncefallen View Post
    What were you thinking directing Cris to surgical instruments??

    Do you want her clutziness to come up missing fingers??
    I told my family to just amputate and get it over with, but noooo. I figured, the less limbs and digits I have, the less surface area to injure.
    Oncefallen and Tommy379 like this.


    There's joy for the morning
    Oh sinner, be still
    Earth has no sorrow
    That Heaven can't heal
    -Crowder

  18. #61358
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,731
    Rep Power
    121

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by MissCris View Post
    I told my family to just amputate and get it over with, but noooo. I figured, the less limbs and digits I have, the less surface area to injure.
    I got something for that.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  19. #61359
    Senior Member MissCris's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,484
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    I got something for that.
    ...chainsaw? Machete? Fairly dull steak knife? Butter knife?

    I’ve cut myself with two of those four items. And not the ones that would make me seem cooler than I am.
    Pipp and Tommy379 like this.


    There's joy for the morning
    Oh sinner, be still
    Earth has no sorrow
    That Heaven can't heal
    -Crowder

  20. #61360
    Senior Member MissCris's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,484
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Taking an unplanned trip down memory lane is the worst. I was sitting here minding my own business, playing some completely pointless game, and my brain decided to open up The Drawer. The one in the very back corner of my mind, behind the pile of long abandoned hobbies; ice skates, a piano, a stack of journals. I had no idea what was about to happen- so imagine my surprise when I was bombarded with a sudden playback of Things I Forgot On Purpose.

    You can bet I scrambled to slam that sucker shut tight again.

    ...that’s not really how this works, though, so I might as well settle in and wait for it to run its course.

    Nights like this make me miss my friend. I know there’s a good reason I stopped talking to her, but she was also great at listening and making me laugh. I could call her at 2 a.m. and tell her I’m going crazy, and she’d say, “Cristen...you’ve been there for a while. Now what’s wrong?” She would have driven two hours in the middle of the night to get to me if I’d asked her to. We would have sat on my kitchen floor drinking wine and pretending we were sophisticated while she listened to all the reasons I feel terrible, and then she would have reminded me of the time we baked cookies at 4 in the morning and my mom woke up to find us drinking coffee and throwing cheese across the kitchen while the cookies burned.

    And she would have reminded me of the night we took a roll of toilet paper into my back yard, soaked it in cheap perfume, lit it on fire, and threw it over the fence. Or how we used to go to her house after school and drink chocolate milk while listening to the same song for an hour. Or the time we tried to go sledding on garbage bags but ended up just army crawling through four feet of snow to an old barn where we hid in the loft and told ghost stories.

    Nights like this are lonely in a house full of sleeping people.

    Not to change the subject, but totally just to change the subject...I kind of hate that I always find myself back in this thread during my low moments. I forget about it by the time I finally fall asleep, but in the morning I’ve always got this sense of dread...”Oh boy, what’d I say now?”

    On a completely unrelated note, Mint Magic tea is wonderful.


    There's joy for the morning
    Oh sinner, be still
    Earth has no sorrow
    That Heaven can't heal
    -Crowder

Similar Threads

  1. BE FULL OF THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF GOD
    By Grace777x70 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 8th, 2016, 05:16 PM
  2. Streams of Sub-Consciousness Thoughts
    By tourist in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 406
    Last Post: April 7th, 2016, 02:11 AM
  3. Biblical streams of consciousness and thoughts
    By Spokenpassage in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 7th, 2014, 09:02 PM