Page 3070 of 3074 FirstFirst ... 2070257029703020306030683069307030713072 ... LastLast
Results 61,381 to 61,400 of 61470
Like Tree110742Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

  1. #61381
    Senior Member loverofjesus27's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,675
    Blog Entries
    27
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Tommorow single awareness day is surely set upon us. I’m getting stomachy though why is that?
    zeroturbulence and Deade like this.

  2. #61382
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,743
    Rep Power
    121

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Tommorow single awareness day is surely set upon us. I’m getting stomachy though why is that?
    You're anticipating chocolate?
    Dino246, loverofjesus27 and Deade like this.
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  3. #61383
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,781
    Rep Power
    539

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~



    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  4. #61384
    Senior Member loverofjesus27's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,675
    Blog Entries
    27
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    i’ll make sure to be there. Thanks.
    Magenta and Deade like this.

  5. #61385
    Senior Member loverofjesus27's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,675
    Blog Entries
    27
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    You're anticipating chocolate?
    Probably. Chalky hearts.
    Deade likes this.

  6. #61386
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,781
    Rep Power
    539

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    i’ll make sure to be there. Thanks.
    Bring your friends! Refreshments included Cats are welcome
    Deade likes this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  7. #61387
    Senior Member loverofjesus27's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,675
    Blog Entries
    27
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    Bring your friends! Refreshments included Cats are welcome
    Ok. I got a dog she likes to be with me.
    zeroturbulence, Magenta and Deade like this.

  8. #61388
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,781
    Rep Power
    539

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Ok. I got a dog she likes to be with me.
    As long as she does not chase birds, or cats, or unicorns, you can bring her
    Deade likes this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  9. #61389
    Senior Member loverofjesus27's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,675
    Blog Entries
    27
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    She doesn’t like cats but she looks for a special one only
    Magenta and Deade like this.

  10. #61390
    Senior Member MissCris's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,493
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    I bought a package of five chicken breasts two weeks ago, and stuck it in the freezer. Not unusual- I freeze tons of stuff, since I only shop every two weeks.

    I forgot about the chicken. We’ve all been sick, busy, not hungry. So this morning I remembered there’s all this perfectly good chicken that should be used before I grocery shop tomorrow...I’ll just throw it in the crockpot, I can clean the kitchen while it’s cooking, no big deal.

    Except.

    The kitchen looks like a bomb went off in it. There seriously isn’t one bit of space in the sink or on the counter. Every glass is dirty (all these sick people drinking orange juice and Emergen-C), every mug is dirty (hot tea, coffee), every bowl is dirty (soup). My father- in-law stopped by the other night and took one look around at the mess and all of us huddled under blankets and coughing up our lungs and made a hasty retreat (had it been my mother-in-law, she would have started cleaning and serving up soup, but alas, she lives four hours away and just had knee replacement surgery).

    I have no space to set the crockpot. I have no way to speedily defrost the chicken because! We have a tiny microwave. I can’t fit the chicken into the sink to thaw it with water.

    I didnt think of any of this before getting the crockpot off a shelf. I looked around, gave up, and set it on the floor. I then got the chicken out and opened it before realizing I was being stupid...it is now sitting in the crockpot. My five year old came in looking for a drink, saw the state of everything, and said “I think we have to get a new house, Mom.”

    And this is the story of why I’m going to spend Valentine’s Day washing dishes with a fever of 100.something and trying to saw apart frozen chicken breasts.

    Romance is alive and well here, folks.


    There's joy for the morning
    Oh sinner, be still
    Earth has no sorrow
    That Heaven can't heal
    -Crowder

  11. #61391
    Senior Member cinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2014
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,389
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    83

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by MissCris View Post
    I bought a package of five chicken breasts two weeks ago, and stuck it in the freezer. Not unusual- I freeze tons of stuff, since I only shop every two weeks.

    I forgot about the chicken. We’ve all been sick, busy, not hungry. So this morning I remembered there’s all this perfectly good chicken that should be used before I grocery shop tomorrow...I’ll just throw it in the crockpot, I can clean the kitchen while it’s cooking, no big deal.

    Except.

    The kitchen looks like a bomb went off in it. There seriously isn’t one bit of space in the sink or on the counter. Every glass is dirty (all these sick people drinking orange juice and Emergen-C), every mug is dirty (hot tea, coffee), every bowl is dirty (soup). My father- in-law stopped by the other night and took one look around at the mess and all of us huddled under blankets and coughing up our lungs and made a hasty retreat (had it been my mother-in-law, she would have started cleaning and serving up soup, but alas, she lives four hours away and just had knee replacement surgery).

    I have no space to set the crockpot. I have no way to speedily defrost the chicken because! We have a tiny microwave. I can’t fit the chicken into the sink to thaw it with water.

    I didnt think of any of this before getting the crockpot off a shelf. I looked around, gave up, and set it on the floor. I then got the chicken out and opened it before realizing I was being stupid...it is now sitting in the crockpot. My five year old came in looking for a drink, saw the state of everything, and said “I think we have to get a new house, Mom.”

    And this is the story of why I’m going to spend Valentine’s Day washing dishes with a fever of 100.something and trying to saw apart frozen chicken breasts.

    Romance is alive and well here, folks.
    What's wrong with just sitting a crockpot full of half frozen chicken on the floor to cook all day?
    MissCris, Tommy379 and Deade like this.
    When you do love a thing, its gladness is a reason for loving it, and its sadness a reason for loving it more. - GK Chesterton

    The true definition of love is sacrifice.

    Avoiding a fight is a mark of honor; only fools insist on quarreling. - Prov 20:3

  12. #61392
    Senior Member MissCris's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,493
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Update: Half the dishes are washed, so I put the chicken in the sink with cold water.

    THE CHICKEN IS WEARING A DIAPER, Y’ALL.

    So it comes in a styrofoam tray, wrapped in plastic. I removed all that earlier. Then there’s the thing underneath to absorb liquid, but that sucker was frozen in place and I figured would pull off easy after soaking in the water a few minutes.

    DON’T. Just...no. It swelled up just like a diaper does if it gets dunked. I tried to pull it off while it was still half frozen. Patience...not my strength.

    And now I’m going to call my mom to ask her 1, can I get salmonella through the hole the glass left in my finger, and 2, is chicken still edible if its diaper exploded.


    There's joy for the morning
    Oh sinner, be still
    Earth has no sorrow
    That Heaven can't heal
    -Crowder

  13. #61393
    Senior Member seoulsearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2009
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,465
    Rep Power
    230

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by MissCris View Post
    THE CHICKEN IS WEARING A DIAPER, Y’ALL.
    MissCris, I think you should write yourself a commercial and a little jingle for This Wonderful New Product, "Chicken Nappies!" (isn't that what they call diapers in some countries...)

    Just like Huggies or Pampers... except, of course, for Ready To Eat Chicken...
    If it feels like you can't feel anything, are you still feeling something?


  14. #61394
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,853
    Rep Power
    167

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Dear MissCris: Sometimes it is possible for me to read what I wrote and think, "Does anybody care what I'm talking about? Is this amusing or will people just think it is dumb?" No distance at all provides little true perspective on what I myself write.

    For this reason I think I should inform you that your posts are interesting and hilarious. I just wanted you to know this.

    And I grieve with thee in y'all's sick-house experience. It sucks when the whole family gets sick together. But I'm glad you can still find humor in the chicken diaper.
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  15. #61395
    Senior Member Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2014
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,853
    Rep Power
    167

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    On the other hand, now I really want to make some buttermilk-baked chicken. I'm going to blame MissCris for my dietary habits now.
    MissCris and Deade like this.
    "Do you sing at church?"
    "Yes I sing at church. And I sing at work. And I sing at home... and in the car... at the supermarket... at Wal-Mart..."

  16. #61396
    Senior Member MissCris's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,493
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    Dear MissCris: Sometimes it is possible for me to read what I wrote and think, "Does anybody care what I'm talking about? Is this amusing or will people just think it is dumb?" No distance at all provides little true perspective on what I myself write.

    For this reason I think I should inform you that your posts are interesting and hilarious. I just wanted you to know this.

    And I grieve with thee in y'all's sick-house experience. It sucks when the whole family gets sick together. But I'm glad you can still find humor in the chicken diaper.
    I appreciate this immensely, because

    1. I have this horrible compulsion to share every tedious, ridiculous thing that happens in my day and
    2. I don’t really have a filter for what’s worth sharing and what isn’t.

    Also, in this particular case, my kitchen/crockpot/chicken struggle is best kept off of Facebook because most of my family would heartily disapprove of the entire thing and might threaten to show up to help. But, as cinder pointed out, WHAT is so wrong with slow cooking frozen chicken on the floor (BTW, I have managed to make counter space at this point, and the chicken appears to be cooking along quite nicely, since I rinsed the exploded diaper particles off of it).
    seoulsearch, EarnestQ and Deade like this.


    There's joy for the morning
    Oh sinner, be still
    Earth has no sorrow
    That Heaven can't heal
    -Crowder

  17. #61397
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    52
    Posts
    19,209
    Blog Entries
    21
    Rep Power
    220

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by MissCris View Post
    Update: Half the dishes are washed, so I put the chicken in the sink with cold water.

    THE CHICKEN IS WEARING A DIAPER, Y’ALL.

    So it comes in a styrofoam tray, wrapped in plastic. I removed all that earlier. Then there’s the thing underneath to absorb liquid, but that sucker was frozen in place and I figured would pull off easy after soaking in the water a few minutes.

    DON’T. Just...no. It swelled up just like a diaper does if it gets dunked. I tried to pull it off while it was still half frozen. Patience...not my strength.

    And now I’m going to call my mom to ask her 1, can I get salmonella through the hole the glass left in my finger, and 2, is chicken still edible if its diaper exploded.
    If you run the diaper thing under hot water for a few seconds it will come right off.. The important thing is that the chicken doesn't smell funny.. Get some alcohol on that hole in your finger to kill any germs before it gets infected. Hand sanitizer gel will work too.. Or just wash it real good with soap and water.
    MissCris and Deade like this.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point".
    - A Retired Minister
    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Milk talk who in the land of taco are you posting to?

  18. #61398
    Senior Member MissCris's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,493
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroturbulence View Post
    If you run the diaper thing under hot water for a few seconds it will come right off.. The important thing is that the chicken doesn't smell funny.. Get some alcohol on that hole in your finger to kill any germs before it gets infected. Hand sanitizer gel will work too.. Or just wash it real good with soap and water.
    Oh, HOT water. Bit late for that now, but I’ll know for next time
    zeroturbulence and Deade like this.


    There's joy for the morning
    Oh sinner, be still
    Earth has no sorrow
    That Heaven can't heal
    -Crowder

  19. #61399
    Member LittleMermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~


  20. #61400
    Senior Member MissCris's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2011
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,493
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

    ...here we go again, this old thread and me, hanging out together in the middle of the night.

    That sounds weirder than I meant it to.

    I’m trying to finish my two-week meal plan. I need three more dinners, but I’ve got writer’s block, except with food. Now that I’ve said that, I’m not actually sure it works that way. It’s entirely possible that what I’m talking about requires laxatives when what I mean is that my brain isn’t working...and even in this state, I know laxatives aren’t the proper prescription for a broken brain.

    I blame my family for this mid-night crisis I’m having (side note- my phone tries to autocorrect ‘crisis’ to ‘Cristen’ and I can’t say that’s not a little offensive). They all love to eat, but none of them like to eat the same thing. I ask for dinner suggestions and get things like Lucky Charms, Spaghettios, Koolaid...and that’s just from my husband.

    Kidding...he doesn’t like Spaghettios.

    I’m actually half of the problem. A great deal of my list depends on what I’m willing to cook...not what I Can cook, but what I don’t mind cooking. Fourteen days of cereal and cookies for dinner is ideal in the effort department, but maybe not so much as far as nutrition is concerned.

    And then there’s the picky eaters. I won’t eat seafood. My husband won’t eat casseroles. My son doesn’t like macaroni and cheese. My daughter dislikes chicken (and that was before she saw its diaper explode). So, in an effort to be fair to everyone, I put things on the list that I know they each love, even if the rest of us don’t.

    ...and then half the meal ends up in the trash. For half the dinners. And I tell myself we won’t do that again, but then meal planning rolls around and the same thing happens again. And again.

    Maybe cereal and cookies aren’t such a bad idea.
    Tommy379, EarnestQ and Deade like this.


    There's joy for the morning
    Oh sinner, be still
    Earth has no sorrow
    That Heaven can't heal
    -Crowder

Similar Threads

  1. BE FULL OF THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF GOD
    By Grace777x70 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 8th, 2016, 05:16 PM
  2. Streams of Sub-Consciousness Thoughts
    By tourist in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 406
    Last Post: April 7th, 2016, 02:11 AM
  3. Biblical streams of consciousness and thoughts
    By Spokenpassage in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 7th, 2014, 09:02 PM