Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79
Like Tree76Likes

Christian Singles Forum

Christian and single? Seek (or give) advice and encouragement here.

Thread: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2013
    Age
    24
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0

    Default if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    I am 23 and i want to kill myself. Can i still go to heaven? all 6 people in the bible who killed themselves were evil so that scares me but i really cant take anymore humiliation.

  2. #2
    Senior Member beloved3's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2012
    Age
    35
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    I do not have a straight answer for your question. I am sorry.. but please give me a few moments of your time. I ask you from my heart NOT to do this. PLEASE. Do not "think" about it and do not do it. I can't imagine why you would listen to a stranger but I really can be a friend. Really. We can pray together. Or just talk. Not that I guarantee it will stop the "humiliation" you dread but i have been there. I have asked the same question you ask now but it doesn't matter really what the answer is because in the first place, MY LIFE IS NOT MINE TO TAKE. And that makes it a sin. Please? You have much to do in this world God put you in, you know.. Don't give up just yet. I believe with all my heart that you are meant to do great things. The hardest tests are normally given to the toughest soldiers don't you think? Hugs for your heart.
    ________

    I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning.
    More than watchmen wait for the morning.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2013
    Age
    24
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    Quote Originally Posted by beloved3 View Post
    I do not have a straight answer for your question. I am sorry.. but please give me a few moments of your time. I ask you from my heart NOT to do this. PLEASE. Do not "think" about it and do not do it. I can't imagine why you would listen to a stranger but I really can be a friend. Really. We can pray together. Or just talk. Not that I guarantee it will stop the "humiliation" you dread but i have been there. I have asked the same question you ask now but it doesn't matter really what the answer is because in the first place, MY LIFE IS NOT MINE TO TAKE. And that makes it a sin. Please? You have much to do in this world God put you in, you know.. Don't give up just yet. I believe with all my heart that you are meant to do great things. The hardest tests are normally given to the toughest soldiers don't you think? Hugs for your heart.
    if god loved me wouldn't he not want me to be in pain anymore? I am tired. Even God can't change the past. I can't live witht the things that have happend in my life. I am 23 and my life has been hell since birth. thanks for caring!

  4. #4
    CNikki
    Guest

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    The only thing that I know of that backs it up is the commandment of "thou shall not murder", and killing yourself just like killing any other person is technically murder and having the reason of wanting to is most likely because of depression which God does not want us to bare as to according of his plans. I wish I could actually say something useful but I've been there on multiple occasions too and have got humiliated, mocked and had false witness from many people. To this day I'm afraid of other people and social situations most of the time too and that itself makes me wonder why. Just hang on because if you do kill yourself then imagine how the people who love you feel if they realized you killed yourself. And if you don't think people care chances are there's at least someone that does. I was also reminded of this when isolating myself to the point someone thought something happened to me and them and their sister was even concerned (seeing the sister and I don't have close relations and had some disagreements in the past, so I thought she wouldn't even give a thought). Chances are whatever you're going through to feel this way, you're not alone. You can message me if you just want someone to talk to and will listen, even though I don't give the best advice.
    sunnygurl and shijus like this.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2013
    Age
    24
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    It's ok, I am not really concerned about how my family feels. I am the only one who is in pain.

  6. #6
    Senior Member beloved3's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2012
    Age
    35
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    As for your question..God loved His son but He let all those horrible things happen to Jesus because He loves us. He loves you. And He loves you so much He doesn't want you to remain the same. You said God can't change the past.. While I believe that all our choices have eternal consequences, I believe mercy and love are available for us too. he knows how ill equipped we are on our own and in His unfailing love, He waits for us to run to Him. His Mercy and love can radically turn things around for you my sister. I am standing with you in prayer - Katrina
    dliz likes this.
    ________

    I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning.
    More than watchmen wait for the morning.

  7. #7
    CNikki
    Guest

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    You wouldn't think they'd feel anything once they see you're gone? I have no doubt you're in pain but sometimes you have to think about others before deciding to do certain things that leave uncertainty even in yourself... If that makes sense. As said there's people you can talk to if you really want to. Hope it gets better for you.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2013
    Age
    24
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    Quote Originally Posted by CNikki View Post
    You wouldn't think they'd feel anything once they see you're gone? I have no doubt you're in pain but sometimes you have to think about others before deciding to do certain things that leave uncertainty even in yourself... If that makes sense. As said there's people you can talk to if you really want to. Hope it gets better for you.
    thanks,it wont though

  9. #9
    Account disabled by admin team
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2012
    Age
    66
    Posts
    4,870
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    God's method of bringing you closer to Himself is much more effective than your attempt to get to Him by removing yourslef from earth. You are only 23 and have not yet seen too much of it, just the part that hurts. God can't change the past, but He can change how you react to it. You are just at the age where you can choose to leave your family, and make your choices happen legally. God is a God of new beginnings, and can bring wonder out of horror. If you don't like your life so far, give Him your future, and watch what He does. Read my wife's story, she was 23 when she made this choice, for reasons that may or may not be as serious as yours. http://www.kenbehrens.com/Miracles.pdf pages 4-5. It starts with "all I wanted was for the pain to stop". The rest of the story is a life of the miraculous.

  10. #10
    Senior Member phil36's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2009
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,158
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    Quote Originally Posted by sadch View Post
    if god loved me wouldn't he not want me to be in pain anymore? I am tired. Even God can't change the past. I can't live witht the things that have happend in my life. I am 23 and my life has been hell since birth. thanks for caring!
    Hi sadch,

    Being in a time of trouble and pain can be a traumatising time. I think many of us have been in a similar situation. However, I know that won't ease your pain or suffering. But remind yourself that we live in a broken world.. and we have an enemy for ever accusing us and trying to rob our joy in Jesus.. And your right God won't change the past, however, you do not live in the past now, the consequences of the past may still trouble you..but you are I Jesus..his child. That is an important thing to remember.

    remember Joseph, He was betrayed by his own family and sold into slavery, he was innocent yet he was thrown into jail.. now think of the torment he must have went through.. and yet God was in control, he made Joseph t be prime minister over all Egypt and to save his family from drought (the same family who betrayed him).

    Job, was a righteous man yet He lost his wealth and his children were killed and he was tormented by horrible afflictions and yet when the time was right God brought him through it.

    Sometimes we suffer because of the consequences of things we have done, other times its because of what others have done.. however, from reading the bible we know that no matter what God is there, he may feel distant, but he is there in control. set your eyes on Jesus, see His glory..that where you will fin joy and peace to get through this time.

    Romans 8:18

    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

    Romans 8:28vv

    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[ have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.


    Even though you are suffering now pray to Jesus ask him even though you are suffering to help you to conform to his likeness.. Jesus knows what suffering is like, He was beaten, mocked and ridiculed, and suffered a slow and torturous death.. and yet He still had the love of the Father in heaven. This will bring you calm immersing yourself in his love.

    Matthew 11:28-30

    28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


    Jesus is your rest, Jesus is your Joy, Lean from Him.


    Psalm 23

    A psalm of David.

    1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
    he leads me beside quiet waters,
    3 he refreshes my soul.
    He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
    4 Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
    I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.


    5 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
    You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
    6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
    and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.


    At the moment you are in that valley, but remember God is walking you through it with is staff and rod, and he will bring you through it. Jesus is your shepherd and he will guide you like a sheep through all the plains and hills of life and his goodness and love will be with you all your life.


    Pray and pray even more read his word..and I can personally testify that when suffering it can be hard.. but force yourself to pray and immerse yourself in his word.. Jesus loves you and will watch over you.
    isaria, dliz and beloved3 like this.
    Soli Deo Gloria

    "After all, there is a Protestantism still worth contending for, there is a Calvinism still worth proclaiming, and a gospel well worth dying for" - C H Spurgeon



    • "What God requires of us he himself works in us, or it is not done. He that commands faith, holiness, and love, creates them by the power of his grace..." - Matthew Henry

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2013
    Age
    24
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    I WISH I was Job. His life is a daisy walk compared to mine.

  12. #12
    Senior Member hospitalpharmacist's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    I can say to you please don't do it. Nobody can tell you if you will be evil if you kill yourself but the Lord taught us Don't kill and I suppose this means yourself too because our body is the temple of God. God give us life and only God has the power to take it from us. Pain is common in life; this is the path of our salvation. We purify ourselves through pain. Believe me I know how it's had to endure life difficulties and I know how you feel just now. I had similar thoughts in the past but Everytime I ask help to God I received help so try to let your all pain in the Christ's heart. You'll feel better.
    Chris

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    I know one thing, and that is the devil would love nothing more than to have one less Christian running around. We are responsible for such different things in such different capacities as the body of Christ. Gods plan for you may just be saving one person, in one place, at one time or it could be saving thousands. You never know. We just have to stick with it. You can move away from bad situations, the only thing that has to follow is you. Wherever you go, there you are.

  14. #14
    Senior Member kenthomas27's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2013
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,734
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    Quote Originally Posted by sadch View Post
    It's ok, I am not really concerned about how my family feels. I am the only one who is in pain.
    Are you the master of your fate? Do you plan to take that which isn't yours and then ask about consequences? None of us can answer your question truthfully. I don't know what your heart is.

    Have you given yourself to Christ? Do you believe that God so loved you that he gave over His Son to be humiliated, scorned, and bleed out for your sake? That He left his blood soaked in the ground of Calvary and ascended into heaven and that He gives this Gift of Salvation freely to you? Freely?

    Are you the master of your fate? Do you wish to return this gift?

    By the end of this day, men and women of all stripes will respond to your thread with assurances of their love for you. They will understand your plight and offer you their time and attention and they will share their love of Christ with you. Ultimately, though, the choice is yours alone. Will you receive these gifts or cast them away? Will you allow Christ to be the Captain of your soul or should you remain at the helm? I love you sadch. i pray you choose wisely. Peace be with you.

  15. #15
    Member UndRenovation's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28th, 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    Quote Originally Posted by sadch View Post
    I am 23 and i want to kill myself. Can i still go to heaven? all 6 people in the bible who killed themselves were evil so that scares me but i really cant take anymore humiliation.
    I certainly don't want you to commit suicide Sadch, and I am very sure God is not finished with you yet on this earth. I cant answer you Qs In regards to whether you can go to heaven after but I will tell that I love you and even though I don't know you, I know that Gods love for you is pretty BIG and you were made in his image. I realise that you may not want to hear those words but they are truth. Believe it or not but those who are humiliating you are actually more broken than you. The fact that you recognise that something isn't right and you want a resolution is a great start so if I could I would shake your hand. I have just prayed for you and I know that my and your prayers will be heard
    sunnygurl, melodiemix and Exoaria like this.
    If your reading this....you might as well say hello!

  16. #16
    Senior Member yac11's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2013
    Age
    55
    Posts
    580
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    [VIDEO]http:/m.youtube.com/watch? V=KxjiEi2Eywk&feature=related[/VIDEO

    All things are possible with God. Never give up because you are loved by God and by us.
    Last edited by yac11; August 5th, 2013 at 09:47 AM.
    sunnygurl likes this.
    Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:6

  17. #17
    Senior Member yac11's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2013
    Age
    55
    Posts
    580
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    Sorry vdeo link messes up.
    Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:6

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2013
    Age
    24
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    Quote Originally Posted by yac11 View Post
    [VIDEO]http:/m.youtube.com/watch? V=KxjiEi2Eywk&feature=related[/VIDEO

    All things are possible with God. Never give up because you are loved by God and by us.
    God can't change the past and bring me back my happiness. Its too late for that.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2012
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,988
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    Quote Originally Posted by sadch View Post
    I am 23 and i want to kill myself. Can i still go to heaven? all 6 people in the bible who killed themselves were evil so that scares me but i really cant take anymore humiliation.
    You're not allowed to deliberately destroy your body, it belongs to God.

    1 Cor 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
    20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
    hospitalpharmacist likes this.

  20. #20
    Senior Member woka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2013
    Age
    45
    Posts
    269
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: if i kill myself will i go to heaven?

    You are so right in all you say, we don't understand, we havn't been there, we havn't suffered the humiliation you talk of because we have no idea what it is, or how it truly makes you feel. You have ever right to feel angry, betrayed, humiliated, let down. These are true feelings created by a God who truly does love you.

    It doesn't matter if you are 23 or 73 when you have had enough you have had enough. People think by saying tomorrow is going to be better they know what you go through WE DON'T. You will know that there is only one person who know and that is Jesus, that I know you and I both will agree on? Right?

    He can't change the past, you are right here to, He can hoever change the future, and I know you believe this, because loving Him would of meant that you have read this, or seen it, or heard it. Jesus never came to change our past, He came to change our future, He came to give us the answer's we so desperatley seek, and you are right to seek and ask and question.

    Let's get real, life is hard, very hard, you up to this point have been doing an awesome job, just because you are still breathing, it is hard to face what has happened to us in the past, who wants to anyway, and then of course there are the constant reminder's, humiliation, people will always say and do thing's they have no right to, and they never think how impactful their words are, they want to be funny, or want to make you look bad in front of other's to make themselves look good.

    I at once stage thought if there had been medication in my cabinet at home I would definitley have taken an overdose, I didn't have and I see now that, that too was part of the Lord's pla, He sent people I have never spoken to before to talk to me, just as He is doing here for you.

    He is the only one who know's how you feel, He is the only one who understands, He is the only one you can turn to, and He will be there with open arms. Will he make the people stop the humiliation, NO, will he make the hurtful past go away, NO. He will equip you to make a difference to someone very important YOU. He will give you the strength and the wisdom, to know that it is okay to turn the other cheek because what "they" say and do doesn't matter, all that matter's is YOU and the love He has for you.

    PLEASE EMAIL ME ANYTIME I WOULD LOVE TO TALK AND SHARE A LOT OF MY LIFE WITH YOU MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME TOO I WOULD SO APPRECIATE IT

    VERONICA

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tell me would you kill...
    By Nev in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: December 17th, 2013, 02:57 PM
  2. I don't want to be a Kill Joy...
    By Matt37777 in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 18th, 2013, 07:41 AM
  3. Right to kill?
    By tjogs in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 24th, 2012, 06:27 AM
  4. HEAVEN NOW!! NEW NATURE!! JESUS AND HEAVEN SHOWN TO YOU!!!!
    By HeavenwithinYOU in forum Testimonies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 7th, 2011, 03:30 PM
  5. i think i may want to kill myself
    By kittykatmeow in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2010, 04:34 AM