Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 172
Like Tree290Likes

Christian Teens Forum

Teenage Jesus freaks (and Jesus freak wannabes): join/start a discussion here; give/seek advice and encouragement.

Thread: Is crossdressing a sin?

  1. #61
    bestbefore1973
    Guest

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quake10 View Post
    So ever since i was 11 i have struggled with wanting to dress up in girls clothes. Im now in my late teens. I am attracted to girls so im not gay, and i dont hate being a male, or want to change my gender (God created me who He wanted me to be) but i have a strong urge to wear females clothes. Is this a sin? I need to know. I dont know how to handle this, please help me. I know being gay is sinful, but is crossdressing sinful too?
    No matter what you wear you'll always be you on the in side. Maybe you want to feel like a butterfly, but you can't do that with men's clothing.

    So be a butterfly and forget the soft colourful clothes.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Yeraza_Bats's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2014
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,382
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    I was transgender, as in born male but living as a female, until early 2014 when I was put through a terrifying and unbearable ordeal. I had a Bible that a Christian friend bought for me, though I never actually read it. I cried out to the Lord for help, and my Bible opened up to Deut 22:5- A man shall not wear the cloak of a woman and a woman shall not wear the garb of a man, for the Lord detests those who do this. After this happened, I turned from that life and gave my life to Christ, and the terrible thing I was put through started to become easier with time.

    The Lord created us man and women. Jesus even quotes this in Matthew 10. He made us this way for a reason. He does not want males going around acting like females, or females going around acting like males. Both genders have obvious physical differences, and both serve a purpose and are important for the human race.

    Dont fall into the "we are no longer under the law" deception. Yes we arent saved by the law, but that doesnt give us a free pass to ignore the law. And dont fall for the "it doesnt hurt anybody so how can it be bad" argument either. It doesnt hurt anybody, sure. But that doesnt make it right. God made us male and female, it is right to honor what He has made, to let go of ourselves and trust in Him.

    There is no shame in being the gender you were born as, and there are ways to find comfort in it, too. I still buy accessories, boyish accessories, like cool bracelets and junk. I keep my face clean and shaven and get hair styles that I feel comfortable with. But Im still a male : p Nothing will ever change that ever.
    I am a strong supporter of followers of Christ who struggle with the lbgt lifestyle. If you are struggling in faith with this like I do, feel free to contact me for support, encouragement or even for a friend. Or to give me your much needed support and encouragement as well

    Do not follow your heart, but guard it.
    (Proverbs 4:23)


    Who is the liar? It is he who denies that Jesus is the Christ. It is the antichrist that denies the Father and the Son.
    1 John 2:22



  3. #63
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    4,984
    Rep Power
    60

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    ,quake, what you've descibed more if sounds like that you like bright or comfortable type clothes even though you say you like women clothes men have apparel that is good looking as well as comfortable to wear it doesn't have to be that you where a simple shirt and blue jeans,you can get designer clothes that are still for men and are suitable to what you described and as to the question of cross dressing it is not only a sin but it is referred to as being abominable just as it refers to as what people now call gay as abominable so you are right to be fearful of cross dressing too for they are equally on the same scale of sin for both were never intended for man woman or child to be,but this doesn't mean you can't be feminine in what you like I myself prefer bright blue shirts to plain blue or etc the devil merely amplifies your thought of beauty to the point where you feel you must where women clothing,but remember these are just thoughts and true enough with God's help you can keep such annoying thoughts at bay but in the end you make the final decision of what you wish to where,not God,not the devil,not some peer pressuring people "You" and all I can do is give you options to fix what troubles you but I'm not about to lie and say that I can make you do as I have suggested because then I would be as guilty as those who act abominably because we as christians are not to force anyone to be a certain way or believe a certain way,we are to guide those who are lost who wish to change to the promise of salvation that all can have through Jesus with understanding,teaching,and loving kindness in the hopes that those who learn from us may in the long run ask to be saved and do God's work but we are not to judge lest we be judged and Tell the "Truth" which is God's word the bible,to all those in need of answers not forceful correction.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2017
    Age
    23
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quake10 View Post
    So ever since i was 11 i have struggled with wanting to dress up in girls clothes. Im now in my late teens. I am attracted to girls so im not gay, and i dont hate being a male, or want to change my gender (God created me who He wanted me to be) but i have a strong urge to wear females clothes. Is this a sin? I need to know. I dont know how to handle this, please help me. I know being gay is sinful, but is crossdressing sinful too?
    Yes it is sin.

  5. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2017
    Age
    13
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    To be honest, as long as there is no malicious intent (Trying to convince others to have sinful thoughts) then go for it. There is no such thing as Girls clothes or boys clothes in the eyes of the lord, just kind of what society deems it. You only have one life, so live how YOU want to live and how you see as right. A sin isnt a sin unless you have doubts. If this is something you feel deep in your soul that is alright then do what you feel is right. Who cares what you wear.

    I know this is an unpopular opinion, but the Bible says a lot of things that dont work anymore. You cant take it too literal. Remember it was written by man and the times and laws change. Back then it may have been something bad because of what it represented, but now it's harmless. You arnt spitting in the face of God or doing it to revel in sin like Sodom and Gamora "Haha, look how much better we are than God!". Just pray to God and ask for guidance and have faith he will deliver it. God doesnt deal in riddles, he WANTS to help you and doesnt want you confused. Do what is righteous and dont do what isnt.
    Last edited by Clementine13; May 30th, 2017 at 10:14 AM.
    LandryM likes this.

  6. #66
    antoniomitchell
    Guest

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine13 View Post
    To be honest, as long as there is no malicious intent (Trying to convince others to have sinful thoughts) then go for it. There is no such thing as Girls clothes or boys clothes in the eyes of the lord, just kind of what society deems it. You only have one life, so live how YOU want to live and how you see as right. A sin isnt a sin unless you have doubts. If this is something you feel deep in your soul that is alright then do what you feel is right. Who cares what you wear.

    I know this is an unpopular opinion, but the Bible says a lot of things that dont work anymore. You cant take it too literal. Remember it was written by man and the times and laws change. Back then it may have been something bad because of what it represented, but now it's harmless. You arnt spitting in the face of God or doing it to revel in sin like Sodom and Gamora "Haha, look how much better we are than God!". Just pray to God and ask for guidance and have faith he will deliver it. God doesnt deal in riddles, he WANTS to help you and doesnt want you confused. Do what is righteous and dont do what isnt.

    Dueteronomy 22:5 "A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this." Pretty plain and to the point..dont do it.

  7. #67
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    94

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine13 View Post
    To be honest, as long as there is no malicious intent (Trying to convince others to have sinful thoughts) then go for it. There is no such thing as Girls clothes or boys clothes in the eyes of the lord, just kind of what society deems it. You only have one life, so live how YOU want to live and how you see as right. A sin isnt a sin unless you have doubts. If this is something you feel deep in your soul that is alright then do what you feel is right. Who cares what you wear.

    I know this is an unpopular opinion, but the Bible says a lot of things that dont work anymore. You cant take it too literal. Remember it was written by man and the times and laws change. Back then it may have been something bad because of what it represented, but now it's harmless. You arnt spitting in the face of God or doing it to revel in sin like Sodom and Gamora "Haha, look how much better we are than God!". Just pray to God and ask for guidance and have faith he will deliver it. God doesnt deal in riddles, he WANTS to help you and doesnt want you confused. Do what is righteous and dont do what isnt.
    its not harmless

    Proverbs 3:5

    5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

    2 Timothy 4:2-4 - Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

    1 Timothy 6:3If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, [even] the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

    2 Timothy 4:3 - For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

    Deuteronomy 22:5

    “The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.”

  8. #68
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    94

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    we no longer have to follow a theocracy
    the dietary
    cerimonial
    and civil laws moses gave


    but we DO have to follow commandments
    and the moral law


    1 John 2:3-4King James Version (KJV)

    3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

    4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    Last edited by NoNameMcgee; May 31st, 2017 at 09:11 AM.

  9. #69
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    56,138
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Nothing wrong with it? Men are NOT supposed to wear women's clothes, dresses, skirts, heels, etc.. And women aren't supposed to wear men's clothes, in order to appear like men. That's like a woman wearing a man's jock strap, ya ain't supposed to do it!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine13 View Post
    To be honest, as long as there is no malicious intent (Trying to convince others to have sinful thoughts) then go for it. There is no such thing as Girls clothes or boys clothes in the eyes of the lord, just kind of what society deems it. You only have one life, so live how YOU want to live and how you see as right. A sin isnt a sin unless you have doubts. If this is something you feel deep in your soul that is alright then do what you feel is right. Who cares what you wear.

    I know this is an unpopular opinion, but the Bible says a lot of things that dont work anymore. You cant take it too literal. Remember it was written by man and the times and laws change. Back then it may have been something bad because of what it represented, but now it's harmless. You arnt spitting in the face of God or doing it to revel in sin like Sodom and Gamora "Haha, look how much better we are than God!". Just pray to God and ask for guidance and have faith he will deliver it. God doesnt deal in riddles, he WANTS to help you and doesnt want you confused. Do what is righteous and dont do what isnt.
    elizabethlear and NoNameMcgee like this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  10. #70
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    56,138
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    I think the confused one here is YOU. The bible was written by men INSPIRED BY GOD. They didn't just decide on their own to do it. And yes, we DO need to take the bible fairly literally. In the eyes of God, women's clothes are dresses, skirts, blouses and pants. NOT men's tightie whiteys and jock straps. The same goes for men: in the eyes of God, men's clothing is shirts, pants, and socks. NOT women's dresses or makeup or shoes. So yes, whoever cross dresses for the purpose of looking like the opposite sex IS spitting in God's face. Cross dressing is far from harmless. :/


    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine13 View Post
    To be honest, as long as there is no malicious intent (Trying to convince others to have sinful thoughts) then go for it. There is no such thing as Girls clothes or boys clothes in the eyes of the lord, just kind of what society deems it. You only have one life, so live how YOU want to live and how you see as right. A sin isnt a sin unless you have doubts. If this is something you feel deep in your soul that is alright then do what you feel is right. Who cares what you wear.

    I know this is an unpopular opinion, but the Bible says a lot of things that dont work anymore. You cant take it too literal. Remember it was written by man and the times and laws change. Back then it may have been something bad because of what it represented, but now it's harmless. You arnt spitting in the face of God or doing it to revel in sin like Sodom and Gamora "Haha, look how much better we are than God!". Just pray to God and ask for guidance and have faith he will deliver it. God doesnt deal in riddles, he WANTS to help you and doesnt want you confused. Do what is righteous and dont do what isnt.
    elizabethlear and NoNameMcgee like this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  11. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2017
    Age
    13
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    I know this is an unpopular opinion, but hear me out please. The Bible shouldnt be taken at face value at times. Things were written with laws and social policy written at the time. There are many rules and regulations just not feasible or that make any sense in today's world. Sure you shouldnt wear clothes of polyester back then, but that might be because the industry was bad or was poisonous or something, or you shouldnt plant two seeds of the same crop next to eachother for whatever reason they deemed important, but the industries changed and nothing is wrong with it in this day and age. The Bible defines what marriage is about 6 or 7 different ways in different times. If a man rapes a woman, does he still have to pay her father 50 shekels of silver? A lot of people like to pick and choose what they believe God wishes and still say they follow it to the T, but you just cant. God blessed the governments to make decisions, to dish punishments, and to help us grow. That's why capital punishment is allowed. Cross dressing was highly illegal back then because the government and world deemed it immoral . I believe as long as you believe you are good in the eyes of the lord he wont let you down. He will guide you and give you a clear path to what he wants us to do in life, because God doesnt lie, he wants us to be happy.
    Last edited by Clementine13; May 31st, 2017 at 10:14 AM.

  12. #72
    CaptainGoat
    Guest

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    To cross dress you satisfying the mind but not the soul. Deep down there is no satisfaction in this way. Jesus Christ came to set us free. It is this freedom from sin we need.
    The mind is a battleground. Sometimes we win. Sometimes not. I dont think any of us are perfect in that we all are battling with something.

    Sin comes when we fall short of Gods expectations. God still loves us. Adam and Eve sinned because God set a rule which they broke. When they broke the rule their nakedness was exposed and they hid themselves. The very act of hiding shows we have done something that is unclean.
    Many people (Not pointing fingers as we are all born in sin) never get saved as they won't come out of hiding and into the light. When we come to Jesus, we make a decision to crawl out of hiding and we feel His forgiveness and love. We walk with Him, but often we get distracted. We run into unclean ways. Come out of hiding and be made whole!
    elizabethlear likes this.

  13. #73
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    94

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine13 View Post
    I know this is an unpopular opinion, but hear me out please. The Bible shouldnt be taken at face value at times. Things were written with laws and social policy written at the time. There are many rules and regulations just not feasible or that make any sense in today's world. Sure you shouldnt wear clothes of polyester back then, but that might be because the industry was bad or was poisonous or something, or you shouldnt plant two seeds of the same crop next to eachother for whatever reason they deemed important, but the industries changed and nothing is wrong with it in this day and age. The Bible defines what marriage is about 6 or 7 different ways in different times. If a man rapes a woman, does he still have to pay her father 50 shekels of silver? A lot of people like to pick and choose what they believe God wishes and still say they follow it to the T, but you just cant. God blessed the governments to make decisions, to dish punishments, and to help us grow. That's why capital punishment is allowed. Cross dressing was highly illegal back then because the government and world deemed it immoral . I believe as long as you believe you are good in the eyes of the lord he wont let you down. He will guide you and give you a clear path to what he wants us to do in life, because God doesnt lie, he wants us to be happy.
    you didnt read what i posted lol

    its actually a popular opinion


    to the ungodly

    only unpopular (unheard of) to people who follow Jesus....


    i posted the verses that explain why

    i pray God reveals to you the truth on this matter

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2017
    Age
    13
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    you didnt read what i posted lol

    its actually a popular opinion


    to the ungodly

    only unpopular (unheard of) to people who follow Jesus....


    i posted the verses that explain why

    i pray God reveals to you the truth on this matter
    But that's too easy to say. "Agree with me or you're not Godly, like me." You cannot tell me there are no gay christians or if you cross dress its impossible to love and do God's work. You dont decide for God what he approves of, if you feel this way then you have to follow every rule laid out for you no matter what, and I know you dont because no one does. You have to open your heart and mind to your fellow Christians. Help them along in life. The only person who can answer them is God, not us.

  15. #75
    CaptainGoat
    Guest

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine13 View Post
    I know this is an unpopular opinion, but hear me out please. The Bible shouldnt be taken at face value at times. Things were written with laws and social policy written at the time. There are many rules and regulations just not feasible or that make any sense in today's world. Sure you shouldnt wear clothes of polyester back then, but that might be because the industry was bad or was poisonous or something, or you shouldnt plant two seeds of the same crop next to eachother for whatever reason they deemed important, but the industries changed and nothing is wrong with it in this day and age. The Bible defines what marriage is about 6 or 7 different ways in different times. If a man rapes a woman, does he still have to pay her father 50 shekels of silver? A lot of people like to pick and choose what they believe God wishes and still say they follow it to the T, but you just cant. God blessed the governments to make decisions, to dish punishments, and to help us grow. That's why capital punishment is allowed. Cross dressing was highly illegal back then because the government and world deemed it immoral . I believe as long as you believe you are good in the eyes of the lord he wont let you down. He will guide you and give you a clear path to what he wants us to do in life, because God doesnt lie, he wants us to be happy.
    Yes, certain aspects of the Bible may not be the same today as we live in a New Covenant. This means that the old is still important. But the new is like icing on a cake. The old foundations we build the new onto.
    Now certain things in the Bible were certainly written in a different time but they are just as meaningful today to understand the principles. It is all relevant and kept even though today we live in the times under the new Covenant through Jesus Christ. For example, Jesus Christ became the ultimate sacrifice for our sin and the sins of the world, so we no longer sacrifice animals. To do so after knowing what Jesus has done for us would be like saying "No thanks" to what Jesus has done.
    The Old Testament has been included so we know the background and foundation to the Word of God. It is still relavent today but in a different way.
    There are still Old Testament prophecies that have yet to come to pass, and some are coming to pass as we live today.
    It is not true that we are not to take the Bible literally, but we do need to read it with understanding.
    For example. A new building goes up. The first stage is to dig foundations and with this design it needs girders to create a framework. We hold the design plans and instructions relating to this framework. While the framework goes up it is relevant to this stage of building. Next stage is the brick and blockwork infilling between and around the framework. These people, they need to know some info about the framework, but it is not necessarily directly related to their jobs, but without knowing and understanding the precise framework measurements and design, their work would go astray. The cones the roof. They need to know the framework plans as if they didnt fix to a solid frame, when winds come the roof is off! The next group install windows. They need to know the info of the first two groups to know where they can or can't place these windows.
    Then the interior decorators and electricians, plasterers etc. Each one, though not directly relevant, needs some knowledge to how the others have been designed and made.
    Now the Bible is like this. It is literal, and it is relevant. We live in the New Testament times. We need the Old information as if we build our lives not knowing the Old, we can go astray in following the New! For example, how easily we can go astray into all sorts of doctrine from evolution along with various religions satan or man has made up, if we didn't believe the account of Creation in Genesis. We'd be blown from one wind to the next as we have nothing to anchor to. We may be saved. We've been found by Jesus. But we can go from one direction to the next without the foundation of His Word.
    Consider this before I close. Is truth to be taken literally or as fact? Is the Bible truth or a lie? If one bit is a lie, do we put our trust in any of it? No. But if the Bible is Gods Word, and God does not tell lies, then we can totally trust it all, even if we may not understand it.
    So have faith and trust Jesus Christ to show you the instructions in His Word.

  16. #76
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    56,138
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Clementine, no offense but you're incredibly naive. There are no gay Christians, because a practicing gay person CANNOT possibly also be a Christian. We don't have to decide for God, what He approves of, because it's right there in the bible: homosexuality is a sin and abomination to Him. And so is cross-dressing for the purpose of looking like the opposite sex. IMO, homosexuals are incapable of spreading God's love, because they're shoving it back in His face and giving him the middle finger..


    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine13 View Post
    But that's too easy to say. "Agree with me or you're not Godly, like me." You cannot tell me there are no gay christians or if you cross dress its impossible to love and do God's work. You dont decide for God what he approves of, if you feel this way then you have to follow every rule laid out for you no matter what, and I know you dont because no one does. You have to open your heart and mind to your fellow Christians. Help them along in life. The only person who can answer them is God, not us.
    NoNameMcgee likes this.





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  17. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2017
    Age
    13
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGoat View Post
    Yes, certain aspects of the Bible may not be the same today as we live in a New Covenant. This means that the old is still important. But the new is like icing on a cake. The old foundations we build the new onto.
    Now certain things in the Bible were certainly written in a different time but they are just as meaningful today to understand the principles. It is all relevant and kept even though today we live in the times under the new Covenant through Jesus Christ. For example, Jesus Christ became the ultimate sacrifice for our sin and the sins of the world, so we no longer sacrifice animals. To do so after knowing what Jesus has done for us would be like saying "No thanks" to what Jesus has done.
    The Old Testament has been included so we know the background and foundation to the Word of God. It is still relavent today but in a different way.
    There are still Old Testament prophecies that have yet to come to pass, and some are coming to pass as we live today.
    It is not true that we are not to take the Bible literally, but we do need to read it with understanding.
    For example. A new building goes up. The first stage is to dig foundations and with this design it needs girders to create a framework. We hold the design plans and instructions relating to this framework. While the framework goes up it is relevant to this stage of building. Next stage is the brick and blockwork infilling between and around the framework. These people, they need to know some info about the framework, but it is not necessarily directly related to their jobs, but without knowing and understanding the precise framework measurements and design, their work would go astray. The cones the roof. They need to know the framework plans as if they didnt fix to a solid frame, when winds come the roof is off! The next group install windows. They need to know the info of the first two groups to know where they can or can't place these windows.
    Then the interior decorators and electricians, plasterers etc. Each one, though not directly relevant, needs some knowledge to how the others have been designed and made.
    Now the Bible is like this. It is literal, and it is relevant. We live in the New Testament times. We need the Old information as if we build our lives not knowing the Old, we can go astray in following the New! For example, how easily we can go astray into all sorts of doctrine from evolution along with various religions satan or man has made up, if we didn't believe the account of Creation in Genesis. We'd be blown from one wind to the next as we have nothing to anchor to. We may be saved. We've been found by Jesus. But we can go from one direction to the next without the foundation of His Word.
    Consider this before I close. Is truth to be taken literally or as fact? Is the Bible truth or a lie? If one bit is a lie, do we put our trust in any of it? No. But if the Bible is Gods Word, and God does not tell lies, then we can totally trust it all, even if we may not understand it.
    So have faith and trust Jesus Christ to show you the instructions in His Word.
    Well said, I agree with you 100%! I believe everyone should sit down and discuss and learn what it means and how it should be applied today. Its very much open to interpretation so we should work together and expand our minds and hearts with those around. God wants us to learn and be happy, not stuck in a bubble pushing everything out. He doesnt want us angry at our fellow man, but to accept them and help. That's why I dont like to easy answers of "Just because", I feel like we should be scholarly, we should be scientists, and we should be thinkers.
    CaptainGoat likes this.

  18. #78
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    94

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine13 View Post
    But that's too easy to say. "Agree with me or you're not Godly, like me." You cannot tell me there are no gay christians or if you cross dress its impossible to love and do God's work. You dont decide for God what he approves of, if you feel this way then you have to follow every rule laid out for you no matter what, and I know you dont because no one does. You have to open your heart and mind to your fellow Christians. Help them along in life. The only person who can answer them is God, not us.
    no

    agree with Gods word...


    i hope you learn the truth and read it young lady
    elizabethlear likes this.

  19. #79
    antoniomitchell
    Guest

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    At 13 its tough to understand the meat of the Word. But sadly, you sound like most luke warm adults that create their own interpretation of the Word to suit their own needs....this is what Satan did in the garden of Eden and made Eve believe she could be like God...when we make the Word say what we want it to say we act like we wrote it....and then become exactly what satan wants you to be....

    His Spirit will guide you into all Truth through His Word...but only through His Word. If you seek Truth you will find it.

  20. #80
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    94

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Romans 12:2

    2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.


    the common typical belief you have right now

    is of the world

    not the Father in heaven


    not of Jesus

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 297
    Last Post: 22 Hours Ago, 08:21 AM
  2. Christian Movie "Me Again" staring David A.R. White (Has crossdressing)
    By Strickalator in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: January 14th, 2013, 07:48 AM