Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 161 to 172 of 172
Like Tree290Likes

Christian Teens Forum

Teenage Jesus freaks (and Jesus freak wannabes): join/start a discussion here; give/seek advice and encouragement.

Thread: Is crossdressing a sin?

  1. #161
    Senior Member WineRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2017
    Age
    15
    Posts
    2,638
    Rep Power
    61

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Huglife View Post
    *cough* I did once....
    Really? Who did you cosplay as?! I wanna know...
    Yeraza_Bats and Huglife like this.
    The Scout hailing from the Stolen Cookies tribe, located in the land of the braised crab cakes.

    This is not a dating site, that is not a dating site, the cat over there is not a dating site, I am not a dating site, my phone is not a dating site, NOTHING IS A DATING SITE!!!!!

    ​:P

  2. #162
    Senior Member Huglife's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2016
    Age
    19
    Posts
    2,544
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    46

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by WineRose View Post
    Really? Who did you cosplay as?! I wanna know...
    L Lawiet ..
    WineRose likes this.
    love each other, as i have loved you. Jesus said this to us. To love. So someday, when you hate, and loath, smile to Lord Jesus, and hug someone. And start living the huglife.

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2016
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    God knows his heart. He'll either do God's will or he won't (Jn 7:17).
    Yes, and others are supposed to tell him what God says in His Word about this so he is informed of the consequences of his decision to knowingly live in rebellion against the Lord.

    One needs to know the truth... rather than being encouraged to live in sin and it's all good with God which is a lie cause, it's not all good with God be live in sin!

  4. #164
    Senior Member WineRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2017
    Age
    15
    Posts
    2,638
    Rep Power
    61

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Huglife View Post
    L Lawiet ..
    Huglife likes this.
    The Scout hailing from the Stolen Cookies tribe, located in the land of the braised crab cakes.

    This is not a dating site, that is not a dating site, the cat over there is not a dating site, I am not a dating site, my phone is not a dating site, NOTHING IS A DATING SITE!!!!!

    ​:P

  5. #165
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    18,212
    Rep Power
    370

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Huglife likes this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2016
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Nothing like a few cross dressing cartoons eh?

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2017
    Age
    48
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
    [God knows his heart. He'll either do God's will or he won't (Jn 7:17).] Yes, and others are supposed to tell him what God says in His Word about this so he is informed of the consequences of his decision to knowingly live in rebellion against the Lord.
    As everyone has done here, yes (Deut 22:5, Mt 19:4). I don't think he--and he is a he--disagrees. He--and he is a he--lives in disgust with himself. If he's truly repentant, then God will clean him up (Heb. 9:14).

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
    One needs to know the truth... rather than being encouraged to live in sin...
    A Christian would not encourage him to live in sin. He'd get that advice from God haters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
    ...and it's all good with God which is a lie cause, it's not all good with God be live in sin!
    Jesus came to set the sinner free (Jn 1:29). He didn't come because he had nothing better to do.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2017
    Age
    48
    Posts
    512
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by tanakh View Post
    This raises an interesting question as to whether women who wear Trouser suits are cross dressing and therefore an abomination as well. Also if the clothing is made of mixed material is it a double abomination...


    See:

    The Plot (an overview of the Bible) by Bob Enyart
    Repentance Breaks Strongholds by James MacDonald


  9. #169
    Junior Member LandryM's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2017
    Age
    22
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    There are tons of commandments in the OT given to the Jews that nobody is expected to follow now. The NT did away with the OT law, and if it isn't a commandment given in the NT, it doesn't apply under the New Covenant in my opinion. You just have to think about the consequences of your actions and make a moral decision. I see no reason why you shouldn't dress however you want to. Using the OT to decide is silly because you wouldn't forbid anyone from eating shellfish or wearing mixed fabrics, or expect anyone to make an animal sacrifice to appease their sins. Plus, the idea of clothing being specific to men or women is a completely human construct and it changes all the time. High heels used to be for men. The color blue used to be a girl color. Clothes are just clothes. Do what makes you comfortable and as long as you aren't hurting anyone, why would it be a problem? We can't just pick and choose bits of the OT to dictate what is allowed now because we think it's weird or icky. That's not biblical.

  10. #170
    Member
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2017
    Age
    13
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by LandryM View Post
    There are tons of commandments in the OT given to the Jews that nobody is expected to follow now. The NT did away with the OT law, and if it isn't a commandment given in the NT, it doesn't apply under the New Covenant in my opinion. You just have to think about the consequences of your actions and make a moral decision. I see no reason why you shouldn't dress however you want to. Using the OT to decide is silly because you wouldn't forbid anyone from eating shellfish or wearing mixed fabrics, or expect anyone to make an animal sacrifice to appease their sins. Plus, the idea of clothing being specific to men or women is a completely human construct and it changes all the time. High heels used to be for men. The color blue used to be a girl color. Clothes are just clothes. Do what makes you comfortable and as long as you aren't hurting anyone, why would it be a problem? We can't just pick and choose bits of the OT to dictate what is allowed now because we think it's weird or icky. That's not biblical.
    Excellent wording!
    LandryM likes this.

  11. #171
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    56,742
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    305

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    God doesn't want men looking like women, nor women looking like men..





    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  12. #172
    Senior Member slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2015
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,347
    Blog Entries
    53
    Rep Power
    61

    Default Re: Is crossdressing a sin?

    The real question is: "Are we able to pervert God's blessings and still stand before Him unharmed?" Take a moment in the stillness of His light and your spirit will answer that for the sake of the abundant life felt in the fullness of Jesus Christ. Then ask yourself, "Am I aware of what gives me life and joy? Is it His joy that gives me strength, or is it my (familiar old) desires that drive my joy home for me?" Let yourself get to know the Lord, and He will show Himself as yourself better served in all things. Be patient with God for He is patient with you. He is the wisdom we must attach ourselves to.

    Crossdressing - is it a perversion of a good thing? Or is crossdressing simply a godly thing best serving you? The Spirit of God will let you know. And He has an answer for you.
    Last edited by slave; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:16 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 297
    Last Post: 3 Weeks Ago, 08:21 AM
  2. Christian Movie "Me Again" staring David A.R. White (Has crossdressing)
    By Strickalator in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: January 14th, 2013, 07:48 AM