Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 117 of 117
Like Tree153Likes

Christian Teens Forum

Teenage Jesus freaks (and Jesus freak wannabes): join/start a discussion here; give/seek advice and encouragement.

Thread: School is getting me down

  1. #101
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,908
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    Quote Originally Posted by Demi777 View Post
    make up and photoshop can do it all Tommy
    I cannot tell a lie.

    Sometimes when I have extra money, I buy some Just for Men touch of grey to get some of they grey out the sides of my hair, but I have thinking about dying it silver like Richard Gere. I'll be a silver fox.

  2. #102
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4,679
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    114

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    Looking like a goth and wearing a ring can truly help LOL I tend to always be very creative when I know I may go to a place where ppl can annoy me.. yeah I can tell ya..
    I remember once.. I went to a bible study and I knew that thered be muslims around that time at the train station.. I came to the fellowship all in black with leather boots and creepy... people made a way for me to walk and I had no problems.
    Another time
    we were told to dress up for school and my classmate went in a kind of ''freddie krueger/ scream'' make up and I was all creepy too and two muslims on bikes came at us and they were sweating in fear. They get soo frightened because they think your a witch lol Not even to talk about the normal young guys that walked past us like we had Ebola or something xD

    That keeps away bunches of creeps I can tell you that for sure


    Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    Demi, I reckon you could say you were married or something. I know girls from my church and other places that do that sort of thing to keep away the creeps (and the good guys if they're too young/not ready).
    Tintin likes this.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  3. #103
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4,679
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    114

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    reminds me of a slogan I saw on a magazine in Summer ''Gray hair dye is the new sexy white!"
    Youd even be in style brother!! LOL


    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    I cannot tell a lie.

    Sometimes when I have extra money, I buy some Just for Men touch of grey to get some of they grey out the sides of my hair, but I have thinking about dying it silver like Richard Gere. I'll be a silver fox.
    Tommy379 likes this.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  4. #104
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,908
    Rep Power
    42

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    Quote Originally Posted by Demi777 View Post
    reminds me of a slogan I saw on a magazine in Summer ''Gray hair dye is the new sexy white!"
    Youd even be in style brother!! LOL
    Finally I'd be a trend setter.
    Demi777 likes this.

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2013
    Age
    34
    Posts
    20,349
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    Quote Originally Posted by Demi777 View Post
    Looking like a goth and wearing a ring can truly help LOL I tend to always be very creative when I know I may go to a place where ppl can annoy me.. yeah I can tell ya..
    I remember once.. I went to a bible study and I knew that thered be muslims around that time at the train station.. I came to the fellowship all in black with leather boots and creepy... people made a way for me to walk and I had no problems.
    Another time
    we were told to dress up for school and my classmate went in a kind of ''freddie krueger/ scream'' make up and I was all creepy too and two muslims on bikes came at us and they were sweating in fear. They get soo frightened because they think your a witch lol Not even to talk about the normal young guys that walked past us like we had Ebola or something xD

    That keeps away bunches of creeps I can tell you that for sure
    Good on you, sister! Sounds like you have it all sorted.
    Demi777 likes this.

  6. #106
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4,679
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    114

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    just gotta improvise at times still pepper spray is always plan B if plan A isnt enough


    Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    Good on you, sister! Sounds like you have it all sorted.
    Tintin likes this.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2013
    Age
    34
    Posts
    20,349
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    Quote Originally Posted by Demi777 View Post
    just gotta improvise at times still pepper spray is always plan B if plan A isnt enough
    Yikes. I'm sorry Germany has come to this. Keep that pepper spray handy.

  8. #108
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4,679
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    114

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    Yep. sad but true. well with that I gotta go. Gotta be a buffer today for a friend...which I dont wanna go much into detail because Im praying for God to make sure it aint gonna end up in a mess xD ttyl So in short.. a guy thats interested in my friend is showing up at her work today and she called me in to make sure nothing happens.. yay LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    Yikes. I'm sorry Germany has come to this. Keep that pepper spray handy.
    Tintin likes this.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2013
    Age
    34
    Posts
    20,349
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    Quote Originally Posted by Demi777 View Post
    Yep. sad but true. well with that I gotta go. Gotta be a buffer today for a friend...which I dont wanna go much into detail because Im praying for God to make sure it aint gonna end up in a mess xD ttyl So in short.. a guy thats interested in my friend is showing up at her work today and she called me in to make sure nothing happens.. yay LOL
    Er. You have to be a buffer? That's not cool. Well, then you be the best buffer there ever was. Haha. Make the most of it, Demi. And thanks for the chat. Goodnight from me and good day to you. God bless, sister.
    Demi777 likes this.

  10. #110
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4,679
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    114

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    XD perhaps I should stop by the catholic church and get some holy water too LOL
    luv ya bro ((hugs)) sleep well
    Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    Er. You have to be a buffer? That's not cool. Well, then you be the best buffer there ever was. Haha. Make the most of it, Demi. And thanks for the chat. Goodnight from me and good day to you. God bless, sister.
    Tintin likes this.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  11. #111
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,479
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    It won't last forever!! that is the good part The bad part? I am looking back on 2016 and seeing one fairly bad year...then I look further and ask myself, "why?" The answers I'm finding are making me shrivel up in shame. Nearly all my problems can be traced back to...ME! No, I am not the whole problem, and yes, sometimes circumstance or other people played a role that I would have been unable to change, but MY attitude to everything that happened is MY fault...And sister, learn it now: your attitude, good or bad, can completely change your outlook.

    So, what am I saying? Maybe you cannot change your circumstances, but you can change the way you look at them! You cannot change your mum, and you cannot change the people at your school, but you can change the way you treat them!

    I know from other posts where you talk about your mum that she loves you very much, and you have to understand that love means doing what is best for someone, even when it hurts them. I'm not saying you need this, I don't know the situation. The other thing about love is that we're human and sometimes we mess it up. But if you try thinking about your mum doing this because she loves you, I think it will make it easier. Will it improve your grades? No. Will it improve the way your mum reacts when she sees your bad grades? Probably not. But you'll be able to see where she's coming from, and I grantee that will make it easier!

    And as always, take it to the Lord. He sees. He cares. He understands. He forgives. And hey, you have about 4 or 5 years left, and then you'll never have to touch a textbook again if you don't want to!
    Demi777 and Fran123 like this.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  12. #112
    Senior Member Fran123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2016
    Age
    15
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    I know you are all right (sighs) but its hard. Mum wants me to be perfect and I'm just not.

  13. #113
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,479
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    Quote Originally Posted by Fran123 View Post
    I know you are all right (sighs) but its hard. Mum wants me to be perfect and I'm just not.
    Take it easy. You've just had a major change to your life, and YOU are changing fast too. By the time you turn 16, most of this will just seem like a bad dream. When you think of it in terms of a lifetime it is short, and it is less than a second when you think of it compared to an eternity.
    Demi777 likes this.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  14. #114
    Senior Member Fran123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2016
    Age
    15
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    That is forever! And my sister is 19 and Mum still controls her life too.
    Demi777 likes this.

  15. #115
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,479
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    69

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    Quote Originally Posted by Fran123 View Post
    That is forever! And my sister is 19 and Mum still controls her life too.
    I was talking about all the overwhelming changes it truly does got better. I don't know of many 14 year olds who have a GREAT relationship with their mum, but it usually works out.
    Demi777 likes this.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  16. #116
    Senior Member WineRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2017
    Age
    15
    Posts
    2,483
    Rep Power
    56

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    Well, for me, school has been okay for me academically, got some A's here and there. My social life there, however, is in pretty poor shape, but honestly, I don't really care.

    So, you got two things to care about, your academics (your studies) and social life (others and how they think about you). Now, are you at school to study and get a better job, or to talk to others all day and constantly care about what they think of you? I know the answer, and I'm sure you do.

    If you really are doing your best, just take your mother's comments with a pinch of salt, then move on. Don't give a single thing about how many people like you or not. That way, you can focus on your work and then it will be SO much easier. Trust me.

  17. #117
    Senior Member EmilyNats's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2016
    Age
    17
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: School is getting me down

    School and parents used to be the major sources of stress and anxiety in my life. Oh, wait... they still are...

    But pretty much you just have to learn to accept your lot in life, try to look at the positive things that come of it, and try to work with it. Your goal here is to improve yourself. I know the pressure isn't fun; as a homeschooler, everyone automatically thinks I'm super smart. I'm not. But my dad was included, so this lead to a lot of slack on his part, which further caused me stress.

    I had to learn that the bottom line was that sometimes you just have to such things up. Tinuviel said it: It won't last forever.

    I'm only 17 now, but honestly the years went by in a blur. Sometimes when I think back in things, I literally can't decide if something happened two years ago or four.

    So try to enjoy your time. At every age you are going to have your problems and struggles.

    Another piece of advice to help you get through with minimal stress: don't get involved with boys. Trust me, you will have plenty of time for that later. :/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. School Shooting: School on lockdown...One known shot
    By 1still_waters in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: December 16th, 2016, 05:07 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 16th, 2014, 12:52 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: November 26th, 2013, 02:59 AM
  4. Home School vs. Public School
    By tdrew777 in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: November 9th, 2013, 07:51 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: February 6th, 2013, 02:36 PM