View Poll Results: Anyone who calls the name of the Lord Jesus Christ can be saved

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 77.78%
  • No

    2 22.22%
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By WineRose
  • 3 Post By Sturuj
  • 2 Post By RickyZ
  • 1 Post By JesusRules1
  • 1 Post By gabriela023
  • 2 Post By Rockrz

Christian Teens Forum

Teenage Jesus freaks (and Jesus freak wannabes): join/start a discussion here; give/seek advice and encouragement.

Thread: Anyone who calls his name

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2017
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    1

    Question Anyone who calls his name

    Any opinions?
    Last edited by AlexT2po; February 7th, 2017 at 07:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member WineRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2017
    Age
    15
    Posts
    2,583
    Rep Power
    61

    Default Re: Anyone who calls his name

    ...Right.

    ...You are right.

    Good on you.
    biblelearner123 likes this.
    The Assassin of the rowdy beetroot waffle fries.

    This is not a dating site, that is not a dating site, the cat over there is not a dating site, I am not a dating site, my phone is not a dating site, NOTHING IS A DATING SITE!!!!!

    ​:P

  3. #3
    Senior Member Sturuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2017
    Age
    34
    Posts
    141
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Anyone who calls his name

    Here goes 3 witnesses.

    Acts 2:21
    And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

    Romans 10:13
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

    Joel 2:32
    And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered
    RickyZ, 20 and biblelearner123 like this.

    ... and from the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven provokes the violence on the inside of me and i became the violent who takes it by force from the adversary who never have any legal right to it in the first place!




  4. #4
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,459
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    85

    Default Re: Anyone who calls his name

    Anyone can call on His Name and be saved.

    But not all who call His name are saved

    Matthew 7: 21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2016
    Age
    37
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Anyone who calls his name

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    Anyone can call on His Name and be saved.

    But not all who call His name are saved

    Matthew 7: 21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
    Jesus said they could not dwell with Him,because they were workers of iniquity not doing the will of the Father,which the Bible says they have a form of godliness;but deny the power thereof,lover of pleasures more than lovers of God,ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth,that they have to abstain from sin acting like Christ.

    2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

    They said Lord,Lord,but could not dwell with Jesus,for they were workers of iniquity,which whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved,but there is a condition with that,for whoever calls upon the name of the Lord has to depart from iniquity.

    Not all people that call on the name of the Lord depart from iniquity,and that is part of calling on the name of the Lord,to depart from iniquity.

    Now this not departing from iniquity does not mean a person that has been saved that might sin once in a while,for a person that has been saved knows that it is wrong to engage in sin,so they will not hold unto a sin,but do it and let is go,but these people that were workers of iniquity held unto sins,and only repented of them when they did them,but would not let the sins go,thinking they were right with God despite holding unto sin,with the excuse we are only human so we cannot abstain from sin,or sin does not affect their relationship with God.
    biblelearner123 likes this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,459
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    85

    Default Re: Anyone who calls his name

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    Anyone can call on His Name and be saved.

    But not all who call His name are saved

    Matthew 7: 21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusRules1 View Post
    Jesus said they could not dwell with Him,because they were workers of iniquity not doing the will of the Father,which the Bible says they have a form of godliness;but deny the power thereof,lover of pleasures more than lovers of God,ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth,that they have to abstain from sin acting like Christ.

    2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

    They said Lord,Lord,but could not dwell with Jesus,for they were workers of iniquity,which whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved,but there is a condition with that,for whoever calls upon the name of the Lord has to depart from iniquity.

    Not all people that call on the name of the Lord depart from iniquity,and that is part of calling on the name of the Lord,to depart from iniquity.

    Now this not departing from iniquity does not mean a person that has been saved that might sin once in a while,for a person that has been saved knows that it is wrong to engage in sin,so they will not hold unto a sin,but do it and let is go,but these people that were workers of iniquity held unto sins,and only repented of them when they did them,but would not let the sins go,thinking they were right with God despite holding unto sin,with the excuse we are only human so we cannot abstain from sin,or sin does not affect their relationship with God.
    I've also seen this verse as tied to Acts 19:13 Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, “In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.” 14Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?” 16Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding. In this case some were trying to invoke the name of Christ without ever having accepted Him. Not only were they not saved, they got their butts kicked too!

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Age
    35
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Anyone who calls his name

    No, that wouldn't make sense. Think about it, without using bible quotes. Why would an employer want to hire a person who says, oh I love to work, and I would love to work for you, when the previous jobs that this person had, they had very bad reviews, always ending up getting fired, or just quitting without any notice. Do you think this employer should hire this person based on what he said? Do you think God will believe you that you are a changed person on your deathbed, even though your entire life you lived a life of incredible sin, without repentance? That doesn't make sense at all. If you truly believe this, then whenever you have children, and when they do something bad, all they have to say is I accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior, and they shouldn't be punished? This is the reason why there are so many false Christians today!
    "Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter into the kingdom of my Father. But only the ones that does the will of my Father, which is in heaven may enter."
    You have to actually live like a Christian, to be saved.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2016
    Age
    16
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Anyone who calls his name

    Whosoever should call on the name of the Lord will be saved. If you follow him and believe in him, what you ask is what you will receive.
    Tinuviel likes this.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Age
    35
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Anyone who calls his name

    Quote Originally Posted by gabriela023 View Post
    Whosoever should call on the name of the Lord will be saved. If you follow him and believe in him, what you ask is what you will receive.

    Did it say, whosoever should call on the name of the Lord only. Believe that he exists is not enough, doing his will is. Do you think for one moment if Jesus said that line, was all that was necessary to be saved? If that were true, then Jesus' ministry was in vain. He told us to be perfect, as He or our Father who is in Heaven, is perfect. Saying "I accept Jesus as my personal Savior" doesn't mean anything if you do not do your best to live in Jesus' name. You have to have faith enough to do his Will, know his doctrine. Being an armchair Christian doesn't mean anything. You might as well be atheist if you do not follow him.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,549
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Anyone who calls his name

    Quote Originally Posted by kstout6 View Post
    Did it say, whosoever should call on the name of the Lord only. Believe that he exists is not enough, doing his will is. Do you think for one moment if Jesus said that line, was all that was necessary to be saved? If that were true, then Jesus' ministry was in vain. He told us to be perfect, as He or our Father who is in Heaven, is perfect. Saying "I accept Jesus as my personal Savior" doesn't mean anything if you do not do your best to live in Jesus' name. You have to have faith enough to do his Will, know his doctrine. Being an armchair Christian doesn't mean anything. You might as well be atheist if you do not follow him.
    Please be aware that the OP has OCD, so sometimes it's ok to simplify, otherwise people with OCD tend to obsess.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 2016
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Anyone who calls his name

    Think about it, without using bible quotes
    That's what satan gets lots of Christians to do so he can deceive them into allowing things to enter in and choke the Word (Mark 4:13-20)

    'ol slewfoot loves it when people ignore God's Word... he started that shtick back in the garden and has been quite successful at it ever since!
    Aephus and WineRose like this.

Similar Threads

  1. When God Calls
    By p_rehbein in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: April 16th, 2016, 12:02 AM
  2. He Calls Down Fire
    By jillwings in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 20th, 2015, 07:26 AM
  3. He Calls You His
    By shiningthrupain in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 7th, 2015, 09:35 AM
  4. Israel calls us 40,000
    By dcontroversal in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2014, 07:40 PM
  5. Two calls?
    By DinoDillinger in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: May 8th, 2010, 07:31 PM

Tags for this Thread