Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By CamilaAy
  • 3 Post By Oncefallen

Christian Teens Forum

Teenage Jesus freaks (and Jesus freak wannabes): join/start a discussion here; give/seek advice and encouragement.

Thread: How do you stay close to God?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2016
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default How do you stay close to God?

    Hi! I've been stuggling to put God first in my life, although I'm trying, and this has led me to feel away from God, which is not a good thing right now. I know that faith has nothing to do with "feeling close to God", but I think being close to Him is incredibly important.
    I can't go to church and don't have any Christians friends to share my faith with, so I've always tried to study the Bible, pray, listen to worship songs, watch youtube videos and so on.
    However, I want to know, what do you do in order to stay close to God?
    joefizz likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,788
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: How do you stay close to God?

    Quote Originally Posted by CamilaAy View Post
    Hi! I've been stuggling to put God first in my life, although I'm trying, and this has led me to feel away from God, which is not a good thing right now. I know that faith has nothing to do with "feeling close to God", but I think being close to Him is incredibly important.
    I can't go to church and don't have any Christians friends to share my faith with, so I've always tried to study the Bible, pray, listen to worship songs, watch youtube videos and so on.
    However, I want to know, what do you do in order to stay close to God?
    To be closer to God some of the ways I've found the most helpful have been not just to put God first,but trust him and not dwell on the past,try to keep from sinful behaviour where you can like for instance I no longer cuss,and also prayer humbly and sincerely brings you close to him too,there are other ways but I'll leave room for others to give advice to you,hope this helps!
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  3. #3
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,788
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: How do you stay close to God?

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    To be closer to God some of the ways I've found the most helpful have been not just to put God first,but trust him and not dwell on the past,try to keep from sinful behaviour where you can like for instance I no longer cuss,and also prayer humbly and sincerely brings you close to him too,there are other ways but I'll leave room for others to give advice to you,hope this helps!
    Oops,I responded to a teens forum post,sorry about that moderators I was clicking from the main menu and didn't realize until now,I know the rules I'm 25 and it says clearly in the rules to not post in teens forum if you are an adult,please accept my apology and I suppose delete my posts in this thread,sorry to trouble you with such an error...
    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: How do you stay close to God?

    I would also like to know im in a very similar situation not being in a Church cuz most of them are terrible down here just religious people.

  5. #5
    Senior Member G00WZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2014
    Age
    31
    Posts
    562
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: How do you stay close to God?

    For the most part i would say renew the mind to God living within you, and that the old you is dead, and that you are a new creation in Christ is probably one of the more important things to focus on... A lot of people are insecure and unsure about their position in Christ because they don't renew their minds to the truth, so one day they think God loves them, and the next if they screw up they think He hates them, when that is so far from the truth.


    A few other things that help.
    pray often while being completely transparent with God, hide nothing from Him keep it all out there in the open.
    Know that God lives within you.. Luke 17:21
    read the bible sometimes and learn what He says and thinks about you according to Jesus Christ in the book of Matthew.
    Integrate the truth of God and his promises into daily life, not just confess it and keep it in the bible, but actually live it and walk it out in faith.
    Meditate on the word of God, take time to let things sink in
    also speaking over yourself and problems what God says.
    I could make this list really long but i just want to keep it simple. These are just some of the things i do.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: How do you stay close to God?

    Quote Originally Posted by G00WZ View Post
    For the most part i would say renew the mind to God living within you, and that the old you is dead, and that you are a new creation in Christ is probably one of the more important things to focus on... A lot of people are insecure and unsure about their position in Christ because they don't renew their minds to the truth, so one day they think God loves them, and the next if they screw up they think He hates them, when that is so far from the truth.


    A few other things that help.
    pray often while being completely transparent with God, hide nothing from Him keep it all out there in the open.
    Know that God lives within you.. Luke 17:21
    read the bible sometimes and learn what He says and thinks about you according to Jesus Christ in the book of Matthew.
    Integrate the truth of God and his promises into daily life, not just confess it and keep it in the bible, but actually live it and walk it out in faith.
    Meditate on the word of God, take time to let things sink in
    also speaking over yourself and problems what God says.
    I could make this list really long but i just want to keep it simple. These are just some of the things i do.
    Ok.... Truuuu here's a cookie sir cx. Nah but fr much appreciated for the help im sure you helped a lot of people.

  7. #7
    Senior Member G00WZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2014
    Age
    31
    Posts
    562
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: How do you stay close to God?

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBright View Post
    Ok.... Truuuu here's a cookie sir cx. Nah but fr much appreciated for the help im sure you helped a lot of people.
    Thanks and no problem, there are many other ways though, and people have different opinions so there will always be different suggestions... and yea i know what you mean about religious people lol, but not all churches are bad though.

  8. #8
    Idiot in Chief Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,421
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: How do you stay close to God?

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Oops,I responded to a teens forum post,sorry about that moderators I was clicking from the main menu and didn't realize until now,I know the rules I'm 25 and it says clearly in the rules to not post in teens forum if you are an adult,please accept my apology and I suppose delete my posts in this thread,sorry to trouble you with such an error...

    The rule about adults staying out of Teens is specific to the chat rooms not forums. In reality that issue was solved several years ago with a programming modification to chat that kept non teen profiles from being able to access the Teen room.
    blue_ladybug, tourist and Demi777 like this.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2017
    Age
    16
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How do you stay close to God?

    This is a question i struggled with for a long time and still struggle with every now and then. it's a bit of a long explanation. Would it be ok if we talked on messenger, or hangouts or if you are online, then on the ChristianChat rooms instead of the forums?

  10. #10
    Senior Member G00WZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2014
    Age
    31
    Posts
    562
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: How do you stay close to God?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Galusha View Post
    This is a question i struggled with for a long time and still struggle with every now and then. it's a bit of a long explanation. Would it be ok if we talked on messenger, or hangouts or if you are online, then on the ChristianChat rooms instead of the forums?
    sure i am usually in the random room chat room, or you could just message me

Similar Threads

  1. To be close to God..
    By Ilona in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2015, 09:24 PM
  2. trying to stay close to god
    By h_cheergirl in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 31st, 2013, 06:54 PM
  3. Help me to close it
    By tjogs in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 1st, 2013, 10:10 PM
  4. How close is too close
    By tjogs in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 21st, 2012, 02:38 PM
  5. PRAYER TO STAY CLOSE TO GOD
    By Lcjacobs in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 15th, 2011, 11:17 AM