Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
Like Tree52Likes

Christian Teens Forum

Teenage Jesus freaks (and Jesus freak wannabes): join/start a discussion here; give/seek advice and encouragement.

Thread: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

  1. #1
    Senior Member Gracie_14's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2017
    Age
    16
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    i have a neighbour next door who's illegally selling drugs. the guy is from jamaica and lives with a british lady. they have 4 girls of their own of whom the children have no idea that their parents are involved in selling drugs to addicts. the police knows about him but are so reluctant to arrest him for the stuff he's doing. the police here in britain have become so lawless that hey dont even bother disturb themselves by putting away with they bad guys. apparently, just recently the police came at 1 am in the morni ng to take his car away bbecause they caught him dealing drugs with the vehicle. i wasnt so sure of the details but my neighbour reacted so badly, he was shouting and screaming and banging everything, pleading so the police wont take his dear car away. he literally woke up the whole neighbour hood at 1 am!! it was awful! being stubborn, he kept the keys from the police, so tey were unable to drive the car onto a truck. so they called a platform kind of vehicle to literally pick up the car with a machine thingamig and place it on a platform. anyway, that incident was a week ago.

    my dad decided to go talk to the neighbour and see how he was doing. instead of responding to my dad's act of underserved love, he ran him off so rudely, he srood there in shock. my dad has never talked to him again. just this morning, there was a note in te mail. it read, "THEY ARE ALL LIES!SORRY NOT TO TALK TO ME. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THEY MAY DO TO YOUR FAMILY. REMEMBER WHEN I TOLD YOU I WILL DIE FOR MY CHILDREN.' my family believes our neighbour wrote it. do you guys think it was or just a halloween prank?
    im very confused. shall we still show love to this guy who should be in jail right now? i dont know what to think or do. what if we're in danger? im really creeped out and scared. thanks for the advice

  2. #2
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    57,863
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    329

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    I think that people who do and deal drugs are very dangerous. They will kill for those drugs and anyone who gets in their way is a casualty.. Tell your family to avoid speaking to them again. The po po are no help, they're corrupt as heck anyway.. It definitely was NOT a Halloween prank, IMO..

    If you want to show love to those people, pray for them. And let God sort out this mess.
    AbigailZeke and Gracie_14 like this.


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  3. #3
    Senior Member Jenizona's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2015
    Age
    44
    Posts
    629
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    Wow, I think your dad is super brave... let your dad handle it, he probably has a good head on his shoulders, from the sounds of things. If your dad says to avoid the guy, avoid the guy. But yeah, let your dad handle it!

    I don't understand the police situation, that sounds a bit wonky... they are reluctant to arrest him? At least he got his car impounded! Tough situation for everyone!
    AbigailZeke and Gracie_14 like this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,297
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    The platform kind of vehicle is called a rollback.
    The problem is your legislature is weak on drug dealing.
    You are in an uphill battle against a population that doesn't care.
    Try appealing to the Queen to dissolve parliament, dismiss the Prime Minister, and take control of her realm.
    AbigailZeke and Gracie_14 like this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Gracie_14's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2017
    Age
    16
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenizona View Post
    Wow, I think your dad is super brave... let your dad handle it, he probably has a good head on his shoulders, from the sounds of things. If your dad says to avoid the guy, avoid the guy. But yeah, let your dad handle it!

    I don't understand the police situation, that sounds a bit wonky... they are reluctant to arrest him? At least he got his car impounded! Tough situation for everyone!
    yeah my dad is brave. he used to be friends with this guy when they moved into the neighbourhood. in fact, he waas so nice that the guy helped my dad fix our broken gate when i was a kid. he appeared nice and sweet. he even offered to mend my dad's car for £1000!! instead he ruined the whole car, robbing my dad blind! the car was damaged beyond repair. my dad forgave him even though he wasnt sorry. my dad never fell for the bait again. truly a sad story

  6. #6
    Member Devin02's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2017
    Age
    15
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

    That is a very tough situation! I'll be praying for you and this situation!
    SAS and Gracie_14 like this.
    To love God is the greatest of virtues; to be loved by God is the greatest of blessings.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    21,247
    Rep Power
    267

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie_14 View Post
    i have a neighbour next door who's illegally selling drugs. the guy is from jamaica and lives with a british lady. they have 4 girls of their own of whom the children have no idea that their parents are involved in selling drugs to addicts. the police knows about him but are so reluctant to arrest him for the stuff he's doing. the police here in britain have become so lawless that hey dont even bother disturb themselves by putting away with they bad guys. apparently, just recently the police came at 1 am in the morni ng to take his car away bbecause they caught him dealing drugs with the vehicle. i wasnt so sure of the details but my neighbour reacted so badly, he was shouting and screaming and banging everything, pleading so the police wont take his dear car away. he literally woke up the whole neighbour hood at 1 am!! it was awful! being stubborn, he kept the keys from the police, so tey were unable to drive the car onto a truck. so they called a platform kind of vehicle to literally pick up the car with a machine thingamig and place it on a platform. anyway, that incident was a week ago.

    my dad decided to go talk to the neighbour and see how he was doing. instead of responding to my dad's act of underserved love, he ran him off so rudely, he srood there in shock. my dad has never talked to him again. just this morning, there was a note in te mail. it read, "THEY ARE ALL LIES!SORRY NOT TO TALK TO ME. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THEY MAY DO TO YOUR FAMILY. REMEMBER WHEN I TOLD YOU I WILL DIE FOR MY CHILDREN.' my family believes our neighbour wrote it. do you guys think it was or just a halloween prank?
    im very confused. shall we still show love to this guy who should be in jail right now? i dont know what to think or do. what if we're in danger? im really creeped out and scared. thanks for the advice


    Just keep your heads down and lie on the floor when the shooting finally starts over there.
    AbigailZeke likes this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,297
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post

    Just keep your heads down and lie on the floor when the shooting finally starts over there.
    Don't you know? The UK outlawed guns. It couldn't possibly happen.

  9. #9
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,795
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    Never trust guys who deal with drugs! They don't think straight and are dangerous. Let your dad deal with it and pray. I'll pray for protection over your family too and that the dude is sent away. God will deliver your family. Much love Gracie <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie_14 View Post
    yeah my dad is brave. he used to be friends with this guy when they moved into the neighbourhood. in fact, he waas so nice that the guy helped my dad fix our broken gate when i was a kid. he appeared nice and sweet. he even offered to mend my dad's car for £1000!! instead he ruined the whole car, robbing my dad blind! the car was damaged beyond repair. my dad forgave him even though he wasnt sorry. my dad never fell for the bait again. truly a sad story
    SAS, blue_ladybug and Gracie_14 like this.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    I visit CC every Wednesday, at least for now. Yeah, this signature is kinda wordy.
    For more words, visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  10. #10
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,795
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    123

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    I was in this situation with my family once, when I was a teenager. We were caught up in a shooting between rebel groups and our army troops. We were all on the floor covering our ears waiting for the shooting to be over. It's not a very happy experience lol.

    I do hope and pray it doesn't get that worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post

    Just keep your heads down and lie on the floor when the shooting finally starts over there.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    I visit CC every Wednesday, at least for now. Yeah, this signature is kinda wordy.
    For more words, visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  11. #11
    Senior Member zeroturbulence's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2009
    Age
    51
    Posts
    18,644
    Blog Entries
    21
    Rep Power
    178

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    Your dad should count himself lucky that he did not get hurt. People who do drugs or sell them are often not thinking rationally and can become violent or dangerous for no reason. They are paranoid. That is most likely why he wrote that note. They are not right in the head and even if your dad has the best of intentions, this person may act as if he is being threatened. Please let the police handle things. The only exception to this is if your dad has a background in law enforcement or something like that, but even then it is still very dangerous.
    My dad was the greatest dad I could have ever asked for. Thank you, Dad..

    "If you talk about scripture more than you talk about God, then you've missed the point".
    - A Retired Minister

    Quote Originally Posted by loverofjesus27 View Post
    Who owns this site? Why is it bad to have fun?? And where is Harpy Eagle ??



  12. #12
    Senior Member Maka's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2017
    Age
    26
    Posts
    505
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    Stay away from him, he's dangerous. :/ I'm praying for your safety.
    When I'm plagued with pain And filled with fear
    I run to you, and you alone

  13. #13
    Senior Member Gracie_14's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2017
    Age
    16
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    Never trust guys who deal with drugs! They don't think straight and are dangerous. Let your dad deal with it and pray. I'll pray for protection over your family too and that the dude is sent away. God will deliver your family. Much love Gracie <3
    thanks soooo much Abigail (i liked your post but i was like thinking, maybe i should say thanks) i appreciate your prayerrs and support. much love to you too! <3

  14. #14
    Senior Member Gracie_14's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2017
    Age
    16
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Don't you know? The UK outlawed guns. It couldn't possibly happen.
    sadly yes… i have no idea why we cant own guns!! grrr… in fact, it takes a lot of money to register to own a gun here. so its frankly impossible. you americans are privileged to own guns…dont abuse it!

  15. #15
    Senior Member Gracie_14's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2017
    Age
    16
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    The platform kind of vehicle is called a rollback.
    The problem is your legislature is weak on drug dealing.
    You are in an uphill battle against a population that doesn't care.
    Try appealing to the Queen to dissolve parliament, dismiss the Prime Minister, and take control of her realm.
    wish i could do that… thats a no-no.
    blue_ladybug and AbigailZeke like this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4,856
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    124

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    I think that people who do and deal drugs are very dangerous. They will kill for those drugs and anyone who gets in their way is a casualty.. Tell your family to avoid speaking to them again. The po po are no help, they're corrupt as heck anyway.. It definitely was NOT a Halloween prank, IMO..

    If you want to show love to those people, pray for them. And let God sort out this mess.
    Not all are dangerous lol depends on the drugs they mess with
    Miri and blue_ladybug like this.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  17. #17
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4,856
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    124

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    God bless your dad. Pray for the dealers to find the right way and get out. Often theyre trapped through pressure aand fear.
    Only God can help them. Best is to leave them alone unless you see or notice something. If so the police can handle things like that better.
    God bless ur heart. I would be freaked out if i was u
    Miri and SAS like this.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    Hi Gracie, It is admirable that you are seeking advice on how to respond to your neighbor. God clearly calls us to love our neighbors with deep and authentic compassion. Since you are a teen girl and your neighbor is an adult male, regardless of his character, it would not be appropriate to show "love" to him by directly interacting with him. As someone else suggested, praying for him would be an excellent response.

    Since you mention that he has 4 daughters, I was wondering if you are friends with them? Are they not aware of their dad's drug dealing because they are too young to understand? Maybe showing friendship and kindness to them would be a way that God might want to work through you in this situation. What do you think?
    Miri and Gracie_14 like this.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,846
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    217

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    If they towed his car but didn’t arrest the man himself, it was probably due to
    it being untaxed or being un roadworthy.

    If he is dealing drugs, the Uk police will be aware of it, they just tend to bide their
    time as they want to catch all the fish not just the bait.

    Social services will also be aware the family are having problems. You don’t mention mum but
    I assume mum lives there too.

    In the UK there are all sorts of services to help keep families together, they would only
    arrest someone and keep them in prison without probation, for serious offences.
    Most people selling drugs are small fry and do it to fund their own habit. They often
    work with them to try to resolve matters and help them, get them onto medical
    replacement substitute etc. To wean them off. But they will also only be pushed
    so far and will take action if smaller offences turn to bigger offences.

    Its very unlikely (although not impossible) that there will be a shoot out in the UK
    over drugs.

    Many people on drugs have massive problems to overcome, drugs are their escapism
    from life.

    I know a few people who work in prisons with drug addicts and with the probation
    services. You don’t get an immediate prison sentence for drug offences in the UK, it
    depends on the scale of the offences and circumstances.

    If he doesnt sort himself out then he will eventually end up in prison
    and/or his children will be taken into care if he gets worse and won’t leave the family
    home. Again the latter would be a last resort, usually mums end up moving out and
    taking the kids or they kick dad out.
    SAS likes this.
    He is God and we are not.


    Quote Originally Posted by notmyown View Post
    Miri, for being Mary Poppins. (inside joke, but no, really! she's kind and no nonsense!)

  20. #20
    Senior Member Gracie_14's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2017
    Age
    16
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

    Quote Originally Posted by kvolm2016 View Post
    Hi Gracie, It is admirable that you are seeking advice on how to respond to your neighbor. God clearly calls us to love our neighbors with deep and authentic compassion. Since you are a teen girl and your neighbor is an adult male, regardless of his character, it would not be appropriate to show "love" to him by directly interacting with him. As someone else suggested, praying for him would be an excellent response.

    Since you mention that he has 4 daughters, I was wondering if you are friends with them? Are they not aware of their dad's drug dealing because they are too young to understand? Maybe showing friendship and kindness to them would be a way that God might want to work through you in this situation. What do you think?
    thank you so much kvolm. as a matter of fact, my siblings and i used to be friends with the girls. we used to play together nearly every weekend. there's a community garden that we shared and it was really nice getting along with them when i was a kid. but that was a few years ago… it looked like the father didnt want us to play with the girls anymore so slowly we departed from them. Anyyway, they were quite younger than us. the oldest at the moment is about 12 yrs old but acts like she's 16. the girls are severely spoilt and its hard to say hello to them at all. a few months ago, they used to knock on their windows and say hi whenever they see me or my siblings outside in our garden. not anymore. i dont know what happened! we used to be be close but thats not the same. i havent talk to them at all in ages! maybe i shoukd. between the oldest and the youngest there is a pair of twins who seem shy whenever i pass by them. they have a look in their eyes as if they are desperate to say hi. i dont know how i could reach to them.

    i dont think they know their father sells drugs. but if they do, the parents have probably told them they are doing it for the good. usually the police used to come to their house like all the time. and the parents would just lie to them that the police were questioning them for suspicion that someone else in the neighbourhood was selling drugs… its sooo complicated. what do you think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: September 17th, 2017, 11:51 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: April 19th, 2017, 08:37 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 20th, 2016, 06:51 PM
  4. Advice: Family Issues and How to Deal?
    By Bippie71 in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: June 10th, 2013, 01:24 PM
  5. Being nice to a neighbour
    By happyface in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 12th, 2010, 05:48 PM