Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Loretta1518
  • 1 Post By LightBright
  • 1 Post By Loretta1518
  • 2 Post By Tinuviel
  • 1 Post By Magenta

Christian Teens Forum

Teenage Jesus freaks (and Jesus freak wannabes): join/start a discussion here; give/seek advice and encouragement.

Thread: Not by bread alone.....

  1. #1
    Senior Member LightBright's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Not by bread alone.....

    So just read some Bible, yea it's like food for your soul and im totally fat so it was great, anyway i wanted to know some Bible stuff about you guys. So:
    1.Have you read the Bible cover to cover?
    2. How long did it take to do so if you did?
    3. How much do you read daily?
    4. What's your favorite book of the bible?
    5. What part was the hardest to read?
    6. What translation do you prefer?
    7. How has your relationship with God improved after spending time in his word?

    BOOM 7 questions for you beautiful people to answer if you want.... but you TOTALLY should and after that you can talk about all the random stuff it will most likely lead to have fun God bless AND GIVE ME answers cx
    God First God Bless
    "Seek first the kingdom of God and that other crap will totally come too" ~ Nate's International Version

  2. #2
    Senior Member MichaelOwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    693
    Rep Power
    58

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    Hmm let's see, I'll go first. Answer to the first question is No, I haven't read it cover to cover, that's still a goal for me. 2nd question is it may take me my whole life, but that's ok cause I'm still in God's word . 3rd question would be I try to read a passage everyday if possible, that is food for the soul. 4th my favorite book would be all of them!! They all speak to my heart and to my soul, even the Old Testament books, even such as Haggai and Habakuk. 5th question for me probably is the book of Haggai, you really gotta be well versed in reading it. 6th question would be King James Version, I know it has it's critics, and there are many that claim this translation is right, or this one, but what I do know of the King James Version, it points to Christ as the only way to salvation and it gives all and honor and glory to Him, that alone is enough for me. and finally, my relationship with Him has improved in that my discernment and understanding of the scriptures is coming as if it's plain English to me, like you and I having a sit down chat, it becomes that plain, and I know God is strengthening my faith and my understanding through His word.

  3. #3
    Senior Member LightBright's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelOwen View Post
    Hmm let's see, I'll go first. Answer to the first question is No, I haven't read it cover to cover, that's still a goal for me. 2nd question is it may take me my whole life, but that's ok cause I'm still in God's word . 3rd question would be I try to read a passage everyday if possible, that is food for the soul. 4th my favorite book would be all of them!! They all speak to my heart and to my soul, even the Old Testament books, even such as Haggai and Habakuk. 5th question for me probably is the book of Haggai, you really gotta be well versed in reading it. 6th question would be King James Version, I know it has it's critics, and there are many that claim this translation is right, or this one, but what I do know of the King James Version, it points to Christ as the only way to salvation and it gives all and honor and glory to Him, that alone is enough for me. and finally, my relationship with Him has improved in that my discernment and understanding of the scriptures is coming as if it's plain English to me, like you and I having a sit down chat, it becomes that plain, and I know God is strengthening my faith and my understanding through His word.
    Noice it's nive your doing well with your walk man
    God First God Bless
    "Seek first the kingdom of God and that other crap will totally come too" ~ Nate's International Version

  4. #4
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    4,009
    Rep Power
    120

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    1.Have you read the Bible cover to cover?

    Yes. Working on 5th time

    2. How long did it take to do so if you did?

    I used different read through the Bible in a year schedules several times so...a year.

    3. How much do you read daily?

    Depends. I have two methods. The "scope" method, where I am reading a big chunk to get perspective, and a "detail" method, where I focus more on detail. For the scope, 4-6 chapters. Detail sometimes only a few verses, up to 1 chapter.

    4. What's your favorite book of the bible?

    NT James or the Gospel of John, OT Psalms or Genesis

    5. What part was the hardest to read?

    Job. And for some reason, I seem to get stuck in the minor prophets.

    6. What translation do you prefer?

    I often read KJV because I like their word choices. I also read the ESV, since I've heard that is a very accurate/literal translation.

    7. How has your relationship with God improved after spending time in his word?

    In every way! lol. I am better able to respond to what I know to be right when I see it in His Word, that's huge for me.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  5. #5
    Senior Member LightBright's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    1.Have you read the Bible cover to cover?

    Yes. Working on 5th time

    2. How long did it take to do so if you did?

    I used different read through the Bible in a year schedules several times so...a year.

    3. How much do you read daily?

    Depends. I have two methods. The "scope" method, where I am reading a big chunk to get perspective, and a "detail" method, where I focus more on detail. For the scope, 4-6 chapters. Detail sometimes only a few verses, up to 1 chapter.

    4. What's your favorite book of the bible?

    NT James or the Gospel of John, OT Psalms or Genesis

    5. What part was the hardest to read?

    Job. And for some reason, I seem to get stuck in the minor prophets.

    6. What translation do you prefer?

    I often read KJV because I like their word choices. I also read the ESV, since I've heard that is a very accurate/literal translation.

    7. How has your relationship with God improved after spending time in his word?

    In every way! lol. I am better able to respond to what I know to be right when I see it in His Word, that's huge for me.
    First off you're organized so good job xD, second BRUH your amazing like 4 times FOURRRRR no wonder you're so mature. Im so behind it hurts, wait so were you saved the whole time? If so you were saved super early your way further then me in that regard, God has done a good work in you Miss your zeal is admirable cx... Hopefully i spelled that right
    God First God Bless
    "Seek first the kingdom of God and that other crap will totally come too" ~ Nate's International Version

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2017
    Age
    17
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    Hey!!
    I'm new here and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you!
    I try to read the Bible a lot and recently I've been reading some every day, but I've never read it cover to cover. (I wish
    I will sometime.
    I love the Gospel of John ( I read it over and over) and have recently been studying it and memorizing my favorite parts as part of a school program. I also love reading the Psalms and am currently reading Proverbs. I have never read it through before (though I've started many times) and I'm loving it
    Reading the Bible frequently has definitely made the word of God more present in my life and more real to me.
    Last edited by Loretta1518; November 16th, 2017 at 01:44 AM.
    Magenta likes this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member LightBright's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta1518 View Post
    Hey!!
    I'm new here and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you!
    I try to read the Bible a lot and recently I've been reading some every day, but I've never read it cover to cover. (I wish
    I will sometime.
    I love the Gospel of John ( I read it over and over) and have recently been studying it and memorizing my favorite parts as part of a school program. I also love reading the Psalms and am currently reading Proverbs. I have never read it through before (though I've started many times) and I'm loving it
    Reading the Bible frequently has definitely made the word of God more present in my life and more real to me.
    Baby steps fam your doing well just keep getting in the word i bet your doing pretty good so far cx. And nice to meet you and hope you enjoy it here and make some family. Tinuviel, magenta, joe fizz, littlebit, and myself (hopefully) are pretty friendly and i will try to help to the best of my ability but im pretty slow at times so idk if im the best to ask about the site. Anyway Welcome and God bless
    Magenta likes this.
    God First God Bless
    "Seek first the kingdom of God and that other crap will totally come too" ~ Nate's International Version

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2017
    Age
    17
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    Hey! Thanks LightBright, Nice to meet you too!!
    Magenta likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    4,009
    Rep Power
    120

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBright View Post
    First off you're organized so good job xD, second BRUH your amazing like 4 times FOURRRRR no wonder you're so mature. Im so behind it hurts, wait so were you saved the whole time? If so you were saved super early your way further then me in that regard, God has done a good work in you Miss your zeal is admirable cx... Hopefully i spelled that right
    lol...I'm in no way amazing. Everyone is different in their Christian walk. God has a different time to reach out of each of His people, and everyone has a different growth rate. So, you're not behind! No such thing. I was raised in a Christian family so to be honest, I have no time and date for when I was saved. I started being really interested in the Bible and God in a personal way when I was about 11. God is very gracious and merciful
    tourist and Magenta like this.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  10. #10
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,795
    Rep Power
    540

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta1518 View Post
    Hey!! I'm new here and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you!
    Welcome to CC, Loretta! I hope you enjoy your time with us
    LightBright likes this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  11. #11
    Senior Member LightBright's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    lol...I'm in no way amazing. Everyone is different in their Christian walk. God has a different time to reach out of each of His people, and everyone has a different growth rate. So, you're not behind! No such thing. I was raised in a Christian family so to be honest, I have no time and date for when I was saved. I started being really interested in the Bible and God in a personal way when I was about 11. God is very gracious and merciful
    Well that's true but don't say that you're not amazing cuz you totally are Psul wasn't like "im not doing the best at this disciple stuff" nah fam he said that he surpassed all the other disciples but then he made sure to tell everyone how he got to that point by God's grace and power so when i call you amazing don't say your not say you got there thanks to the Lord cx. And yea I'm not gonna be able to beat you when it comes to how many times you read the bible, unless i just rush through and don't learn anything, but i can totally beat you in the study of it SO I SHALL.
    God First God Bless
    "Seek first the kingdom of God and that other crap will totally come too" ~ Nate's International Version

  12. #12
    Senior Member 7777pinacled's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    595
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBright View Post
    So just read some Bible, yea it's like food for your soul and im totally fat so it was great, anyway i wanted to know some Bible stuff about you guys. So:
    1.Have you read the Bible cover to cover?
    2. How long did it take to do so if you did?
    3. How much do you read daily?
    4. What's your favorite book of the bible?
    5. What part was the hardest to read?
    6. What translation do you prefer?
    7. How has your relationship with God improved after spending time in his word?

    BOOM 7 questions for you beautiful people to answer if you want.... but you TOTALLY should and after that you can talk about all the random stuff it will most likely lead to have fun God bless AND GIVE ME answers cx

    Read the entire Bible, Yes
    Given Understanding, Yes


    Wanna have some fun?

  13. #13
    Senior Member LightBright's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2017
    Posts
    401
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by 7777pinacled View Post
    Read the entire Bible, Yes
    Given Understanding, Yes


    Wanna have some fun?
    Uhhh maybe
    God First God Bless
    "Seek first the kingdom of God and that other crap will totally come too" ~ Nate's International Version

  14. #14
    Senior Member Gracie_14's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2017
    Age
    16
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    51

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    the teen forum isnt as active as it should be…hmm…

  15. #15
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,707
    Rep Power
    213

    Default Re: Not by bread alone.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie_14 View Post
    the teen forum isnt as active as it should be…hmm…
    Because it's more likely teens go into the chat rooms. Though i did go in there a number of times this past week and didn't really see any. Seems like we don't see many teens on the site in general anymore. Even when we did, though, they didn't use the forum much.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

Similar Threads

  1. Old Bread
    By StingSting1 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: April 25th, 2017, 01:10 PM
  2. The Bread Of God.
    By honest01 in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 10th, 2012, 04:41 PM
  3. Our Daily Bread #2
    By Crazy4GODword in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 12th, 2011, 11:13 PM
  4. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR BREAD?
    By Wootie in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 19th, 2010, 04:27 PM
  5. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR BREAD?
    By Wootie in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 16th, 2010, 04:26 PM