Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
Like Tree44Likes

Christian Teens Forum

Teenage Jesus freaks (and Jesus freak wannabes): join/start a discussion here; give/seek advice and encouragement.

Thread: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2017
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grock89 View Post
    That's really true.because it doesn't seem like your asking on how to handle the bullying ....it's good to clarify so as to not lose the basis n end up instead gossiping n judging...
    Im not asking how to handle bullying because there’s not much u can do about it. My christian friends are far away and rn I have no support on that. This chat just makes me even sadder because I just wanted friends to support me, not jugde me.
    I don’t understand how you see this as gossiping.. Maybe I just should delete all this and be alone again?

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by daniii View Post
    In middle school I once said Im a christian and the boy nex to me thought it was funny. He used to bully me anyways so I didnt pay much attention. 2,5 years back when I started to date my boyfriend I told him that I want to wait for marriage. He was okay with that and I was so relieved. At that time I had a bestfriend, a boy, and I told him about it because we shared a lot like best friends do. Then this one night his friend “stole” his phone and red our conversations. Of course then everybody heard about it. I was shocked that people disagree that so much. They kinda bullied me about it, mostly like calling me prude and old fashioned on ask.fm, also on my boyfriends. Well them later he explained that it was just a joke but it wasnt for me. We’ no longer friends and today my sister asked about this. So I told her. Then later we were at our grandmas and she told her that shes moving in with her boyfriend. I told I rather get married first. She started questioning me and like almost was mad and then I said “I dont care what others do. I wanna do this God’s way”. She said it’s ridiculous to get married that young. We had a little fight about it and in the end she said “I no longer wonder why they called you names, because thats what you are”

    Hearing this from your big sister is terrible. Ive always wanted to be like her but not on this case. I cant believe that even she doesn’t respect my commitment to this. Im just so sad that people like me get bullied and lose friends just because they live righteously. Im not ashamed, Im proud.
    At the root of all this, you're having a difficult time and that's completely normal. In this world, we will have trials, right? That was a promise, but Jesus also promised He would always be with us. Although, the responses from people can sting and often make little sense, what can you do to continue living like Christ? And, I don't think the answer lies in what you can say as a response in the face of adversity...how can you act that reflects the image of God when life feels very unjust? God will meet you there.

    I'm sorry you're experiencing some hurts and isolation--this is never easy to digest. However, I would take this opportunity to meet with Him in solitude. Ask Him for wisdom and discernment as you move forward with these relational challenges. I hope you're filled with peace and understanding soon! Keep hanging in there.

  3. #23
    Senior Member SkittlePumpkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 2015
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,598
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    ​I actually catch a lot more flak for it now than I did in highschool.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    18,134
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    346

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by daniii View Post
    I needed peer support. You dont have to be mean..
    Then what can we help you with?
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  5. #25
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    21,646
    Rep Power
    281

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by daniii View Post
    I needed peer support. You dont have to be mean..
    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    Then what can we help you with?
    This really does seem to be becoming a more and more prevelent problem in our society. I often wonder if there is much hope for them to ever develop normally.
    .
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2017
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    You have my support . I also still struggle with this bad feeling of being disliked for being a Christian and with people cursing on God. It's terrible.
    The fact that you need/want support is normal and personally, comprehensible. Of course, it's really unfair people are so harsh toward Christianity and you.
    Try to avoid them. Show them without words (if these don't work) how your decisions are not wrong. Do it the way you want.
    I know, the fact that it hurts just make it quite impossible to avoid such negativity. And I know, for sure, you are not in the wrong.
    But Jesus said it Himself; He said we Christians would be hated/persecuted and nothing/nobody can change this, but Him. Jesus knows what you are passing through. He knows how much you are suffering, that's why He will never leave you (always if you don't decide to not follow him, but I doubt it).
    You seem (and I think you are) a strong person. That's why I give you my support and I pray for you so that you get a clearer solution to this situation.
    God Bless and help you!

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2017
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    (In case you don't know or don't remember, there is a forum apposite for getting support.)

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2017
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela_s View Post
    (In case you don't know or don't remember, there is a forum apposite for getting support.)
    Oh sorry! It is not for emotive support.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    18,134
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    346

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela_s View Post
    You have my support . I also still struggle with this bad feeling of being disliked for being a Christian and with people cursing on God. It's terrible.
    The fact that you need/want support is normal and personally, comprehensible. Of course, it's really unfair people are so harsh toward Christianity and you.
    Try to avoid them. Show them without words (if these don't work) how your decisions are not wrong. Do it the way you want.
    I know, the fact that it hurts just make it quite impossible to avoid such negativity. And I know, for sure, you are not in the wrong.
    But Jesus said it Himself; He said we Christians would be hated/persecuted and nothing/nobody can change this, but Him. Jesus knows what you are passing through. He knows how much you are suffering, that's why He will never leave you (always if you don't decide to not follow him, but I doubt it).
    You seem (and I think you are) a strong person. That's why I give you my support and I pray for you so that you get a clearer solution to this situation.
    God Bless and help you!
    You want her to avoid her sister? I'd be more inclined to suggest how to live with people that disagree with you than to simply avoid. Avoiding doesn't leave many people left. Nor does it equip you to learn how to handle "negativity."
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2017
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    You want her to avoid her sister? I'd be more inclined to suggest how to live with people that disagree with you than to simply avoid. Avoiding doesn't leave many people left. Nor does it equip you to learn how to handle "negativity."
    Sorry, this wasn't what I mean and it wasn't my intention.
    I told her to take a decision on her own and be helped by God with it.
    I Never told her to do either something or something else.
    And since she wanted support for doing so, I felt to give her it .

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2017
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    When I said to avoid people, I didn't mean her family, but people outside her family.
    I was referring to people bullying her.

  12. #32
    Senior Member DaveTheRave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2014
    Age
    19
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    This really does seem to be becoming a more and more prevelent problem in our society. I often wonder if there is much hope for them to ever develop normally.
    .
    Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position...
    Romans 12:14*-‬16 NIV

    "Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse"
    Danii, I pray that you will remain strong in the faith and not grow bitter towards anyone who does you wrong. I'm sorry to hear that people are not accepting you and I'd encourage you to keep studying the Bible so that you will be able to justify your belief to anyone who asks!


    "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position."

    This comment (quoted) was condecending and not very helpful. While I agree with you that there are many people my age who are immature and incapable of doing things themselves, you will quickly find that speaking like this will quickly cause them to reject what you say and you will be unable to spread to gospel to younger people.

  13. #33
    Member 7777pinacled's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by daniii View Post
    In middle school I once said Im a christian and the boy nex to me thought it was funny. He used to bully me anyways so I didnt pay much attention. 2,5 years back when I started to date my boyfriend I told him that I want to wait for marriage. He was okay with that and I was so relieved. At that time I had a bestfriend, a boy, and I told him about it because we shared a lot like best friends do. Then this one night his friend “stole” his phone and red our conversations. Of course then everybody heard about it. I was shocked that people disagree that so much. They kinda bullied me about it, mostly like calling me prude and old fashioned on ask.fm, also on my boyfriends. Well them later he explained that it was just a joke but it wasnt for me. We’ no longer friends and today my sister asked about this. So I told her. Then later we were at our grandmas and she told her that shes moving in with her boyfriend. I told I rather get married first. She started questioning me and like almost was mad and then I said “I dont care what others do. I wanna do this God’s way”. She said it’s ridiculous to get married that young. We had a little fight about it and in the end she said “I no longer wonder why they called you names, because thats what you are”

    Hearing this from your big sister is terrible. Ive always wanted to be like her but not on this case. I cant believe that even she doesn’t respect my commitment to this. Im just so sad that people like me get bullied and lose friends just because they live righteously. Im not ashamed, Im proud.
    Stay strong in faith, and always remember that the Lord will never leave you nor ever forsake you.

    Rejoice in the suffering till the temperance of the Treasure that is you is refined to the Glory of our Heavenly Father.


    In short.
    Yes, your elder sister is wrong in demeaning you for your standing in choices. Even so you must reserve forgiveness in your heart, and remember to seek the Lord in prayer also.
    And be comforted in Knowing there are always Elders to help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Prayer for the ones being bullied
    By Silverwings in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 20th, 2016, 03:21 AM
  2. Were You Bullied As A Child Or Made Fun Of ?
    By J-Kay-2 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: May 10th, 2014, 08:06 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 8th, 2014, 01:41 PM
  4. Bullied gay teen faces expulsion after firing stun gun at school
    By Jullianna in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2014, 03:55 AM
  5. Friend bullied by his wife
    By SierraGirl in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: February 26th, 2014, 08:10 AM