Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
Like Tree44Likes

Christian Teens Forum

Teenage Jesus freaks (and Jesus freak wannabes): join/start a discussion here; give/seek advice and encouragement.

Thread: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2017
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    In middle school I once said Im a christian and the boy nex to me thought it was funny. He used to bully me anyways so I didnt pay much attention. 2,5 years back when I started to date my boyfriend I told him that I want to wait for marriage. He was okay with that and I was so relieved. At that time I had a bestfriend, a boy, and I told him about it because we shared a lot like best friends do. Then this one night his friend “stole” his phone and red our conversations. Of course then everybody heard about it. I was shocked that people disagree that so much. They kinda bullied me about it, mostly like calling me prude and old fashioned on ask.fm, also on my boyfriends. Well them later he explained that it was just a joke but it wasnt for me. We’ no longer friends and today my sister asked about this. So I told her. Then later we were at our grandmas and she told her that shes moving in with her boyfriend. I told I rather get married first. She started questioning me and like almost was mad and then I said “I dont care what others do. I wanna do this God’s way”. She said it’s ridiculous to get married that young. We had a little fight about it and in the end she said “I no longer wonder why they called you names, because thats what you are”

    Hearing this from your big sister is terrible. Ive always wanted to be like her but not on this case. I cant believe that even she doesn’t respect my commitment to this. Im just so sad that people like me get bullied and lose friends just because they live righteously. Im not ashamed, Im proud.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    21,646
    Rep Power
    281

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by daniii View Post
    In middle school I once said Im a christian and the boy nex to me thought it was funny. He used to bully me anyways so I didnt pay much attention. 2,5 years back when I started to date my boyfriend I told him that I want to wait for marriage. He was okay with that and I was so relieved. At that time I had a bestfriend, a boy, and I told him about it because we shared a lot like best friends do. Then this one night his friend “stole” his phone and red our conversations. Of course then everybody heard about it. I was shocked that people disagree that so much. They kinda bullied me about it, mostly like calling me prude and old fashioned on ask.fm, also on my boyfriends. Well them later he explained that it was just a joke but it wasnt for me. We’ no longer friends and today my sister asked about this. So I told her. Then later we were at our grandmas and she told her that shes moving in with her boyfriend. I told I rather get married first. She started questioning me and like almost was mad and then I said “I dont care what others do. I wanna do this God’s way”. She said it’s ridiculous to get married that young. We had a little fight about it and in the end she said “I no longer wonder why they called you names, because thats what you are”

    Hearing this from your big sister is terrible. Ive always wanted to be like her but not on this case. I cant believe that even she doesn’t respect my commitment to this. Im just so sad that people like me get bullied and lose friends just because they live righteously. Im not ashamed, Im proud.
    One of the best reasons never to TEXT anything you aren't willing to have spread all over the place. It is a really dumb thing to do.
    Last edited by Willie-T; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:05 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,816
    Rep Power
    100

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    I am sorry you go through this. Of course, I've been bullied for being a Christian. I don't think it is a question of "if" I just think it is a question of how severe it is. As a homeschooled kid who came from a family who mainly believed as I did (thank you, Jesus!) I didn't have to deal with it when I was younger. I guess you could say I was sheltered and glad it was so lol. But now, of course there are people who make it unpleasant. Jesus said to expect it, after all! I am sorry this has extended to your sister, though! It makes it so much harder when it comes from someone like family. I know, because I have a sister who opposes me in some spiritual things as well.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2017
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    I am sorry you go through this. Of course, I've been bullied for being a Christian. I don't think it is a question of "if" I just think it is a question of how severe it is. As a homeschooled kid who came from a family who mainly believed as I did (thank you, Jesus!) I didn't have to deal with it when I was younger. I guess you could say I was sheltered and glad it was so lol. But now, of course there are people who make it unpleasant. Jesus said to expect it, after all! I am sorry this has extended to your sister, though! It makes it so much harder when it comes from someone like family. I know, because I have a sister who opposes me in some spiritual things as well.

    Thank you ❤️ I know it happens often to us christians but I just need some peer support, and I feel like this is a good place for that. Im sorry for you too. God bless you.

  5. #5
    Senior Member WineRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2017
    Age
    15
    Posts
    3,054
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    No, not even once. Probably because I kind of keep it to myself, and not bother anyone who isn't a Christian.

    Also, apparently some of the more popular boys in school are also Christian (though sometimes I question the validity of their faith...), so there's that.
    The odd one out on CC, in more ways than one.

    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue.
    This isn't a dating site,
    Sorry to disappoint you.

    :P

  6. #6
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,852
    Rep Power
    119

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by daniii View Post
    Thank you ❤️ I know it happens often to us christians but I just need some peer support, and I feel like this is a good place for that. Im sorry for you too. God bless you.
    Then you are in a good place for that,many Christians get bullied because people think we are "immature" or"delusional" because lots of Christians like me and others don't "fight" physically often and "believe in God,so we get mocked,try not fret over it and you are right to seek support from other Christians!
    daniii likes this.
    King of randomness here,everyone take notice!

    If you don't believe in true love then please don't tell me not to believe in it because I believe it to be real.

    You are perfect?
    self righteousness is as filthy rags the bible says.
    You might wanna reconsider that ideal.

    We are all family in God's eyes,so please at least try to get along,sincerely, a child of God.

  7. #7
    Senior Member G00WZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2014
    Age
    31
    Posts
    582
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    34

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by daniii View Post
    In middle school I once said Im a christian and the boy nex to me thought it was funny. He used to bully me anyways so I didnt pay much attention. 2,5 years back when I started to date my boyfriend I told him that I want to wait for marriage. He was okay with that and I was so relieved. At that time I had a bestfriend, a boy, and I told him about it because we shared a lot like best friends do. Then this one night his friend “stole” his phone and red our conversations. Of course then everybody heard about it. I was shocked that people disagree that so much. They kinda bullied me about it, mostly like calling me prude and old fashioned on ask.fm, also on my boyfriends. Well them later he explained that it was just a joke but it wasnt for me. We’ no longer friends and today my sister asked about this. So I told her. Then later we were at our grandmas and she told her that shes moving in with her boyfriend. I told I rather get married first. She started questioning me and like almost was mad and then I said “I dont care what others do. I wanna do this God’s way”. She said it’s ridiculous to get married that young. We had a little fight about it and in the end she said “I no longer wonder why they called you names, because thats what you are”

    Hearing this from your big sister is terrible. Ive always wanted to be like her but not on this case. I cant believe that even she doesn’t respect my commitment to this. Im just so sad that people like me get bullied and lose friends just because they live righteously. Im not ashamed, Im proud.

    People get angry because they cant relate and sometimes they hate because they cant envision themselves doing what you do.. People will hate though, and things said are often just projections they feel at the concept you are presenting/ representing. Don't take it seriously, sometimes people speak purely out of emotions without real knowledge of what they are saying or where it is coming from.

  8. #8
    Senior Member MultilingualMessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2015
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,533
    Rep Power
    122

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by daniii View Post
    In middle school I once said Im a christian and the boy nex to me thought it was funny. He used to bully me anyways so I didnt pay much attention. 2,5 years back when I started to date my boyfriend I told him that I want to wait for marriage. He was okay with that and I was so relieved. At that time I had a bestfriend, a boy, and I told him about it because we shared a lot like best friends do. Then this one night his friend “stole” his phone and red our conversations. Of course then everybody heard about it. I was shocked that people disagree that so much. They kinda bullied me about it, mostly like calling me prude and old fashioned on ask.fm, also on my boyfriends. Well them later he explained that it was just a joke but it wasnt for me. We’ no longer friends and today my sister asked about this. So I told her. Then later we were at our grandmas and she told her that shes moving in with her boyfriend. I told I rather get married first. She started questioning me and like almost was mad and then I said “I dont care what others do. I wanna do this God’s way”. She said it’s ridiculous to get married that young. We had a little fight about it and in the end she said “I no longer wonder why they called you names, because thats what you are”

    Hearing this from your big sister is terrible. Ive always wanted to be like her but not on this case. I cant believe that even she doesn’t respect my commitment to this. Im just so sad that people like me get bullied and lose friends just because they live righteously. Im not ashamed, Im proud.
    Some people have already given up their body before marriage (some as young as teens) and feel convicted when you say you won't do the same. Others haven't already done so, but still feel convicted because you think differently than they do about it. Or some people just want to fit in with the bullies so they won't be bullied themselves.

    You would think with all the talk about "my body, my rules" nowadays, that people would respect your rules for your body. But alas, no such respect exists for people who would rather not play prostitute. Sadly, in the world, there will be more respect and admiration for the people who oppose you on this.

    Get used to it, cause it's the same deal for any righteous principle. But God is with you, as well as (most of) your Christian brothers and sisters.
    Jilly81, pckts and daniii like this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4,912
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    126

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Ive been bullied for being a christian. Thing is, if u aren't going to stand up for it and take the hits, don't wave it around.
    Of course it hurts, but u gotta know who u are and have a identity so u dont doubt. This world is full with ungodlyness and ungodly people. Thats the way it is.
    Don't do and say things u aren't ready to defend and stand up for
    daniii likes this.
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  10. #10
    Senior Member Demi777's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2014
    Age
    17
    Posts
    4,912
    Blog Entries
    45
    Rep Power
    126

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by MultilingualMessenger View Post
    Some people have already given up their body before marriage (some as young as teens) and feel convicted when you say you won't do the same. Others haven't already done so, but still feel convicted because you think differently than they do about it. Or some people just want to fit in with the bullies so they won't be bullied themselves.

    You would think with all the talk about "my body, my rules" nowadays, that people would respect your rules for your body. But alas, no such respect exists for people who would rather not play prostitute. Sadly, in the world, there will be more respect and admiration for the people who oppose you on this.

    Get used to it, cause it's the same deal for any righteous principle. But God is with you, as well as (most of) your Christian brothers and sisters.
    So anyone who didnt stand infront of judge or pastor is a prostitute? Thats painful right there
    God bless you
    ~*~Demi777 ~*~

    My Testimony:
    http://christianchat.com/testimonies...shortened.html

  11. #11
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,341
    Rep Power
    185

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demi777 View Post
    Ive been bullied for being a christian. Thing is, if u aren't going to stand up for it and take the hits, don't wave it around.
    Of course it hurts, but u gotta know who u are and have a identity so u dont doubt. This world is full with ungodlyness and ungodly people. Thats the way it is.
    Don't do and say things u aren't ready to defend and stand up for
    Like when someone reads your texts allowed to others without your permission?
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  12. #12
    Senior Member MultilingualMessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2015
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,533
    Rep Power
    122

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demi777 View Post
    So anyone who didnt stand infront of judge or pastor is a prostitute? Thats painful right there
    The only difference is the one who fornicates and is not a prostitute doesn't get paid for it.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,243
    Rep Power
    85

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by daniii View Post
    In middle school I once said Im a christian and the boy nex to me thought it was funny. He used to bully me anyways so I didnt pay much attention. 2,5 years back when I started to date my boyfriend I told him that I want to wait for marriage. He was okay with that and I was so relieved. At that time I had a bestfriend, a boy, and I told him about it because we shared a lot like best friends do. Then this one night his friend “stole” his phone and red our conversations. Of course then everybody heard about it. I was shocked that people disagree that so much. They kinda bullied me about it, mostly like calling me prude and old fashioned on ask.fm, also on my boyfriends. Well them later he explained that it was just a joke but it wasnt for me. We’ no longer friends and today my sister asked about this. So I told her. Then later we were at our grandmas and she told her that shes moving in with her boyfriend. I told I rather get married first. She started questioning me and like almost was mad and then I said “I dont care what others do. I wanna do this God’s way”. She said it’s ridiculous to get married that young. We had a little fight about it and in the end she said “I no longer wonder why they called you names, because thats what you are”

    Hearing this from your big sister is terrible. Ive always wanted to be like her but not on this case. I cant believe that even she doesn’t respect my commitment to this. Im just so sad that people like me get bullied and lose friends just because they live righteously. Im not ashamed, Im proud.

    Matthew 10: KJV
    34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. {35} For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. {36} And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household."


    Matthew 5: KJV
    10 "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. {11} Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. {12} Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."


    May you be blessed Danii
    daniii likes this.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2017
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    I feel so sorry for you .
    (I don't know if this is considered bullying) but just once, since I keep the fact that I'm Christian to myself.
    It happened one year ago. A guy cursed on God, so I told him that I'm Christian and if he wanted to have a conversation to be, at least, respectful.
    I also asked him why he was so rude, so, instead of giving a logical reason, he just cursed on God again and quickly walked away...
    Me and my (Also Christian) friend, were a bit shocked, it was so sudden.
    Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I felt bad for two days...
    Even if I don't get bullied directly, I listen people cursing on God and making fun of Christianity almost everyday and the worst part of it is that such people are also my parent's friends, that pretend to have a good relation with me.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2017
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Demi777 View Post
    Ive been bullied for being a christian. Thing is, if u aren't going to stand up for it and take the hits, don't wave it around.
    Of course it hurts, but u gotta know who u are and have a identity so u dont doubt. This world is full with ungodlyness and ungodly people. Thats the way it is.
    Don't do and say things u aren't ready to defend and stand up for
    I do defend my faith and I know this is what happens to christians. I just wanted some support because in this world, Im not gonna get it from anyone else but christians.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2017
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adstar View Post
    Matthew 10: KJV
    34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. {35} For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. {36} And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household."


    Matthew 5: KJV
    10 "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. {11} Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. {12} Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."


    May you be blessed Danii
    Amen! Thank you❤️
    Adstar likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    18,134
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    346

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by daniii View Post
    Thank you ❤️ I know it happens often to us christians but I just need some peer support, and I feel like this is a good place for that. Im sorry for you too. God bless you.
    Peer support is when you have a problem and could use insight from your peers on how to deal with it.

    Gossiping is when you tell what's wrong with those people to just-the-right-sort-of people, so
    just-the-right-sort-of people can agree that those people are bad and you are good.

    Which one did you come here for?
    Demi777 and Grock89 like this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    Peer support is when you have a problem and could use insight from your peers on how to deal with it.

    Gossiping is when you tell what's wrong with those people to just-the-right-sort-of people, so
    just-the-right-sort-of people can agree that those people are bad and you are good.

    Which one did you come here for?
    That's really true.because it doesn't seem like your asking on how to handle the bullying ....it's good to clarify so as to not lose the basis n end up instead gossiping n judging...
    Depleted likes this.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by daniii View Post
    In middle school I once said Im a christian and the boy nex to me thought it was funny. He used to bully me anyways so I didnt pay much attention. 2,5 years back when I started to date my boyfriend I told him that I want to wait for marriage. He was okay with that and I was so relieved. At that time I had a bestfriend, a boy, and I told him about it because we shared a lot like best friends do. Then this one night his friend “stole” his phone and red our conversations. Of course then everybody heard about it. I was shocked that people disagree that so much. They kinda bullied me about it, mostly like calling me prude and old fashioned on ask.fm, also on my boyfriends. Well them later he explained that it was just a joke but it wasnt for me. We’ no longer friends and today my sister asked about this. So I told her. Then later we were at our grandmas and she told her that shes moving in with her boyfriend. I told I rather get married first. She started questioning me and like almost was mad and then I said “I dont care what others do. I wanna do this God’s way”. She said it’s ridiculous to get married that young. We had a little fight about it and in the end she said “I no longer wonder why they called you names, because thats what you are”

    Hearing this from your big sister is terrible. Ive always wanted to be like her but not on this case. I cant believe that even she doesn’t respect my commitment to this. Im just so sad that people like me get bullied and lose friends just because they live righteously. Im not ashamed, Im proud.
    I'm really sorry about what you had to go through the name calling and all..it does hurt .but about your sister...I can't say she is evil for the remark or getting mad at you...we don't know what u might have said or how u had approached her..maybe u had mad her sound like a prostitute n big sinner who will go straight to hell for moving in with her bf..sometimes us christians really approach situations in all the wrong ways.we make people feel less of us n us perfect n better than them.true we are better because we have Christ in us..but that doesn't make the other person less of a person..so her remark might have come because of how u had approached the situation ...I'm just saying...sometimes us christians can be mean too

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    April 17th, 2017
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Ever been bullied for being a christian?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    Peer support is when you have a problem and could use insight from your peers on how to deal with it.

    Gossiping is when you tell what's wrong with those people to just-the-right-sort-of people, so
    just-the-right-sort-of people can agree that those people are bad and you are good.

    Which one did you come here for?

    I needed peer support. You dont have to be mean..
    willfollowsGod likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Prayer for the ones being bullied
    By Silverwings in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 20th, 2016, 03:21 AM
  2. Were You Bullied As A Child Or Made Fun Of ?
    By J-Kay-2 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: May 10th, 2014, 08:06 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 8th, 2014, 01:41 PM
  4. Bullied gay teen faces expulsion after firing stun gun at school
    By Jullianna in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2014, 03:55 AM
  5. Friend bullied by his wife
    By SierraGirl in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: February 26th, 2014, 08:10 AM