Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
Like Tree70Likes

Christian Teens Forum

Teenage Jesus freaks (and Jesus freak wannabes): join/start a discussion here; give/seek advice and encouragement.

Thread: opinions about atheists

  1. #21


    20
    20 is offline
    Senior Member 20's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2015
    Age
    54
    Posts
    348
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    The Lord's opinion about atheists next, The fool says in his heart "There is no God" ... KJVPsalm53;1 1. "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity;there is none that doeth good.
    Last edited by 20; April 10th, 2018 at 08:50 AM.
    Tinuviel, Magenta and becc like this.
    KJV1Corinthians2:9 9.But as is written,Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2018
    Age
    20
    Posts
    590
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Atheists need a lotta faith for their Atheism.
    Magenta and becc like this.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2017
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    I only just saw your question.. sorry I'm late to the conversation.

    In a group setting, if people are Bible bashing... come to it's defense.

    You don't have to convert people (only the Spirit can do that anyway)... but you can say, "Hey, I love the Bible... and no matter what you say, it teaches some really great things. And it tells where you came from... why you're here... and where you're going after. ... and just like there are different elements... and you can't break them down any further than their element... there are different forms of energy as well... and the energy that animates our bodies can't be broken down any further than... us. And energy can neither be created nor destroyed... so we came from somewhere... and we are going somewhere... if you don't want to know more about where you came from or where you're going... and how to get there... well... you're smarter than that... why would you not want to learn? ... and why would you ever try to talk others into not learning as well?"

    As for atheists... some people demand a sign instead of giving an invitation and doing the work to "find out." All you can do is love them... and let your light shine.. and maybe one day they will want what makes you loving... just let them find out in their own time though. They often feel like you're being pushy when you make the smallest reference to God.

    I hope this helped.
    Magenta, Andy and becc like this.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2017
    Age
    14
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Athiests are people just like you and me. You cannot fault ANYONE for believing what they do. They make sound arguments for what they believe in just as we do. Atheists have made collossal strides for humanity and many are just wonderful people in general. Think of how nice a person you are to do good things for others while not believing you will get a reward for it. That's true good right there.
    As to how one becomes Atheists.. Just as you became Christian. Its what your heart believes to be true and just and no one can tell you otherwise. Always remember to respect your fellow man and work together. Bring unity to the world, not division.
    SillyMillie likes this.

  5. #25
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,226
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine13 View Post
    Athiests are people just like you and me. You cannot fault ANYONE for believing what they do. They make sound arguments for what they believe in just as we do. Atheists have made collossal strides for humanity and many are just wonderful people in general. Think of how nice a person you are to do good things for others while not believing you will get a reward for it. That's true good right there.
    As to how one becomes Atheists.. Just as you became Christian. Its what your heart believes to be true and just and no one can tell you otherwise. Always remember to respect your fellow man and work together. Bring unity to the world, not division.

    This is all very sweet, and very nice, and also very politically correct.

    But if you happen to believe the Bible, you'll find much of this contradicts the Bible.

    You may even find, that just with philosophical argument, without using the Bible, much of this becomes untenable.




    Everything you wrote is very sweet.

    But not everything that is sweet is accurate.
    Last edited by maxwel; 1 Week Ago at 10:36 PM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,226
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Being Honest

    There is nothing wrong with considering atheists, and what they believe, and what is wrong with them, in order to better understand them and reach them with the gospel.

    This is something all evangelists are tasked with doing.

    If we pretend that atheists are perfectly fine as they are,
    then why share the gospel with them at all?
    If they are fine as they are,
    then they don't need Christ at all.


    People who are sick need a doctor.
    If we start pretending no one is sick...
    then who is going to take them the message of the great physician?
    Who is going to take them the gospel of Christ?
    Last edited by maxwel; 1 Week Ago at 10:51 PM.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2017
    Age
    14
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    Being Honest

    There is nothing wrong with considering atheists, and what they believe, and what is wrong with them, in order to better understand them and reach them with the gospel.

    This is something all evangelists are tasked with doing.

    If we pretend that atheists are perfectly fine as they are,
    then why share the gospel with them at all?
    If they are fine as they are,
    then they don't need Christ at all.


    People who are sick need a doctor.
    If we start pretending no one is sick...
    then who is going to take them the message of the great physician?
    Who is going to take them the gospel of Christ?
    So a few of my best friends dont believe in God because they just dont. No reason, their brains just want to see more logic and reason for things. You have to admit the concept of God is very outlandish but we all have our reasons. Imagine if someone just didnt have our same reasoning. Can you fault a mentally handicapped person for not understanding math? No, their brain just doesnt work that way. Can you fault me for not being able to paint a picture? No because I dont understand Art. You cant blame a person for not understanding God like others do, its just the way they are. Some of my friends grew up in Christain households and went to church but it just doesnt do anything for them. Just because they dont believe doesnt mean they dont know the lord's word. They arnt being disruptive or evil, they just.. dont believe. They respect me, they donate to charity, they help the needy, they talk with friends about problems and do their darndest to help the people around them. They arnt sick and God loves them just as much as he loves you and me. You are more than welcome to preach to them and that is wonderful that you do. Everyone should spread the word, but all im saying is accept that other people think differently, im not saying give up on them entirely.
    becc and SillyMillie like this.

  8. #28
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,226
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine13 View Post
    So a few of my best friends dont believe in God because they just dont. No reason, their brains just want to see more logic and reason for things. You have to admit the concept of God is very outlandish but we all have our reasons. Imagine if someone just didnt have our same reasoning. Can you fault a mentally handicapped person for not understanding math? No, their brain just doesnt work that way. Can you fault me for not being able to paint a picture? No because I dont understand Art. You cant blame a person for not understanding God like others do, its just the way they are. Some of my friends grew up in Christain households and went to church but it just doesnt do anything for them. Just because they dont believe doesnt mean they dont know the lord's word. They arnt being disruptive or evil, they just.. dont believe. They respect me, they donate to charity, they help the needy, they talk with friends about problems and do their darndest to help the people around them. They arnt sick and God loves them just as much as he loves you and me. You are more than welcome to preach to them and that is wonderful that you do. Everyone should spread the word, but all im saying is accept that other people think differently, im not saying give up on them entirely.

    No, I don't have to admit this at all.

    No Christian should admit to this, because it's factually inaccurate; it's wrong.

    I believe it is much more logical and rational to believe God exists.

    I believe that science, history, and philosophy all show that theism is much more logical and rational than atheism.



    Just because YOU are not aware of the facts and evidence, and YOUR FRIENDS are not aware of the facts and evidence, does not mean there are no facts and evidence. It just means you and your friends haven't studied very much.
    (And reading a textbook at school that supports atheism because it was written by atheists.... that doesn't qualify as serious study.)


    What about all the people who claim there's no evidence for God?

    In rhetoric, the oldest trick in the book is to simply PROCLAIM that your side has won all possible debate, and the other side should just be quiet because they've lost. This is just a trick to get the other side to sit down and be quiet. This is what atheism has done. Rather than actually ENGAGE in debate, they prefer to claim they don't need to debate, because they're just right. That is a circular argument. That is just nonsense.


    Some of the most prominent atheists in the world REFUSE to debate the top Christian scholars.

    In many atheist circles, they are telling people NOT to debate publicly with Christians... because they usually lose.



    You should really give these things some thought.
    Last edited by maxwel; 1 Week Ago at 05:51 PM.
    Magenta and NoNameMcgee like this.

  9. #29
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,284
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    111

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by becc View Post
    hey, new here. I was wondering, how do most of you feel when you hear people say the bible is just an overrated novel or how do u respond when you're in a group chat or among your friends and your hear someone make a bad remark about the bible. And also, why do you think people become atheists?
    Not only are most atheists smarter than most Christians (except for spiritual issues), I have to believe that all the fighting and strife in these pages have created a few.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  10. #30
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,226
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyZ View Post
    Not only are most atheists smarter than most Christians (except for spiritual issues), I have to believe that all the fighting and strife in these pages have created a few.

    I'll have to disagree with you on both counts.
    There is no real basis for either proposition... it's just baseless speculation.

    You might as well say the moon is made of cheese.
    becc likes this.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,429
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    124

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Proposition 2 is ludicrous.

    Proposition 1 has some backing in statistics, but those numbers usually aren't crunched well or given enough context.



    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    I'll have to disagree with you on both counts.
    There is no real basis for either proposition... it's just baseless speculation.

    You might as well say the moon is made of cheese.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2017
    Age
    14
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    No, I don't have to admit this at all.

    No Christian should admit to this, because it's factually inaccurate; it's wrong.

    I believe it is much more logical and rational to believe God exists.

    I believe that science, history, and philosophy all show that theism is much more logical and rational than atheism.



    Just because YOU are not aware of the facts and evidence, and YOUR FRIENDS are not aware of the facts and evidence, does not mean there are no facts and evidence. It just means you and your friends haven't studied very much.
    (And reading a textbook at school that supports atheism because it was written by atheists.... that doesn't qualify as serious study.)


    What about all the people who claim there's no evidence for God?

    In rhetoric, the oldest trick in the book is to simply PROCLAIM that your side has won all possible debate, and the other side should just be quiet because they've lost. This is just a trick to get the other side to sit down and be quiet. This is what atheism has done. Rather than actually ENGAGE in debate, they prefer to claim they don't need to debate, because they're just right. That is a circular argument. That is just nonsense.


    Some of the most prominent atheists in the world REFUSE to debate the top Christian scholars.

    In many atheist circles, they are telling people NOT to debate publicly with Christians... because they usually lose.



    You should really give these things some thought.
    Im always looking for new points of view. If you have the time I'd love to discuss the irrefutable evidence. Im not being a smarty pants, I legit want to know more about you and your views.
    And its okay if things dont make sense, the Bible states that by faith and faith alone you are saved.
    Magenta likes this.

  13. #33
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,226
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine13 View Post
    Im always looking for new points of view. If you have the time I'd love to discuss the irrefutable evidence. Im not being a smarty pants, I legit want to know more about you and your views.
    And its okay if things dont make sense, the Bible states that by faith and faith alone you are saved.

    We could start a new thread, and discuss some basic apologetics.

    That could work.



    First though, I have a few basic questions, just so I know where you're coming from.

    1. Have you had a conversion experience?
    (Usually we call this being "saved" or "born again".)

    2. How long ago did this occur?

    3. Is your family Christian?

    4. What church or denomination are you associated with.
    (I don't care, it just gives me an idea what kind of theology you've probably heard.)

    5. Do you believe the Bible?
    Magenta likes this.

  14. #34
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,226
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    Proposition 2 is ludicrous.

    Proposition 1 has some backing in statistics, but those numbers usually aren't crunched well or given enough context.


    Proposition 1 is standing on pretty thin ice if we examine it more closely.


    And there are other studies that shed very different light on that study.
    Magenta likes this.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    7,429
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    124

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    I could crunch it to oblivion, but I have to lay off Ricky for a bit. Otherwise, I'll end up writing one of those long, obnoxious apology posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    Proposition 1 is standing on pretty thin ice if we examine it more closely.


    And there are other studies that shed very different light on that study.
    Magenta and becc like this.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  16. #36
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,226
    Rep Power
    243

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    I could crunch it to oblivion, but I have to lay off Ricky for a bit. Otherwise, I'll end up writing one of those long, obnoxious apology posts.
    .......
    rofl
    Magenta and becc like this.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,797
    Rep Power
    122

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by becc View Post
    hey, new here. I was wondering, how do most of you feel when you hear people say the bible is just an overrated novel or how do u respond when you're in a group chat or among your friends and your hear someone make a bad remark about the bible. And also, why do you think people become atheists?
    I feel sorry for them.. But sometimes it is irritating as well..

    I believe people stay or become atheists because they disagree with the teachings of the Bible.. They are offended that the things they like are declared sin in the Bible..

    So disagreement leads to disbelief..
    Magenta, joefizz and becc like this.

  18. #38
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,213
    Rep Power
    264

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by 20 View Post
    The Lord's opinion about atheists next, The fool says in his heart "There is no God" ... KJVPsalm53;1 1. "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity;there is none that doeth good.
    Correction that's God's outlook on people such as atheists not his "opinion".
    becc likes this.
    If you don't believe in true love then please don't tell me not to believe in it because I believe it to be real.
    I'm a self proclaimed troll tracker.
    I am hopeless...thankfully though Jesus's grace is sufficient for my weakness.
    I have a tendency to speak through the spirit if you can't handle that get some ear plugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by WineRose View Post
    Joefizz = Jojo's Bizzare Adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktalk View Post
    haha joey joe joe - a roo!



  19. #39
    Senior Member joefizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,213
    Rep Power
    264

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    I'm not sure that people become atheists but rather simply are atheist because they don't know about God. People become Christian. How would I feel if told that the bible is an over-rated novel. I would say that it's a "Good Book".
    That's not quite accurate a person can "become" an atheist not necessarily from merely "not believing" but from being "self centered" or "prideful" due to high education.
    becc likes this.
    If you don't believe in true love then please don't tell me not to believe in it because I believe it to be real.
    I'm a self proclaimed troll tracker.
    I am hopeless...thankfully though Jesus's grace is sufficient for my weakness.
    I have a tendency to speak through the spirit if you can't handle that get some ear plugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by WineRose View Post
    Joefizz = Jojo's Bizzare Adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktalk View Post
    haha joey joe joe - a roo!



  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2017
    Age
    14
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: opinions about atheists

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    We could start a new thread, and discuss some basic apologetics.

    That could work.



    First though, I have a few basic questions, just so I know where you're coming from.

    1. Have you had a conversion experience?
    (Usually we call this being "saved" or "born again".)

    2. How long ago did this occur?

    3. Is your family Christian?

    4. What church or denomination are you associated with.
    (I don't care, it just gives me an idea what kind of theology you've probably heard.)

    5. Do you believe the Bible?
    Thanks for getting back to me. Before I answer, I felt like I needed to correct a previous statement. When I was God was outlandish, I meant to say it's outlandish to atheists, people who dont believe.

    But anways, Yes I have. 2 years back. My family is not christian at all, I did all my studies with mentors and pastors as well as my own readings. My religion is whatever is right and true, i follow the lord. The Bible is an excellent guide, but I cannot hold it literally true. Think of it as 80% true, 10% stories to help us, and 10% products of the time and thats how I see it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Opinions on...lack of opinions
    By Yahweh_is_gracious in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2017, 08:28 AM
  2. Please Atheists :)
    By skylove7 in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 12th, 2015, 05:40 PM
  3. Atheists
    By Eagleridge in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 6th, 2013, 07:01 PM
  4. TO ALL ATHEISTS
    By Avinu in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: June 13th, 2011, 02:19 AM
  5. Help for atheists
    By hapigrl in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: June 1st, 2010, 10:51 AM