Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 226
Like Tree20Likes

Christian Teens Forum

Teenage Jesus freaks (and Jesus freak wannabes): join/start a discussion here; give/seek advice and encouragement.

Thread: POKEMON!

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,117
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    Quote Originally Posted by G4JC View Post
    Pokemon, that is to say cartoon and playing card game, would be in itself non-demonic only at first glance. I myself am surprised how many people still play them considering it is a dying fad.

    Let's go over what we do know about them...
    1. Pokemon was created by Wizards of the Coast. The same creators of D&D/MAGIC the Gathering, which in most christian sects is known to be totally demonic and also addictive for adults.
    Nope. Pokemon is published and owned by the video game company Nintendo and was created by Satoshi Tajiri in 1996. The Pokemon Trading Card Game was first published in North America by Wizards of the Coast in 1999. However, with the release of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Game Boy Advance video games, The Pokemon Company took back the card game from Wizards of the Coast and started publishing the cards themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by G4JC View Post
    2. The name stands for Pocket Monsters.
    3. The objective is to "collect them all" to become the most powerful "trainer" which caused mass addiction and craze on it's initial release.
    4. Massive use of Wiccan Elementals in the battles. (Earth, Wind, Fire, Ice, etc.)
    The idea of elements comes from classical Greece, millenia before Wicca, which was created in the 20th century. Moreover, Wicca has nothing to do with elementals. Wicca involves five elements, not elementals: air, fire, water, earth, and aether, and they are seen as symbolic.

    Quote Originally Posted by G4JC View Post
    5. Cartoons are filled with "cursing",
    I doubt there is cursing on a Saturday morning cartoon.

    Quote Originally Posted by G4JC View Post
    "spell casting" and other non-average-fiction tones.

    Pokemon is not an innocent childs game. Nor are the characters in themselves demonic, rather, the combination of innocent cartoon and game merges with the occult to produce the deception and dangerous demonic influence. It is a predecessor to other RPG and card games which will spiral the user deeper and deeper in his interest of the supernatural.
    Classic slippery slope.

    Quote Originally Posted by G4JC View Post
    Of course these powers are not of God, so they can only have one other source...
    Fiction! (Sorry to disappoint you. Pokemon are not real.)

    Quote Originally Posted by G4JC View Post
    You can see my age-old Pokemon etract here:
    http://cgm.sitesled.com/etracts/pokemon
    Please check it out and let me know what you think.

    I also found this video to be particularly interesting on RPGs:
    YouTube - David Benoit speaks on the Occult in Fantasy RPG

    and you may find this interesting... google for Pokemon and Wicca, plenty of references:
    Let me google that for you

  2. #42
    BeauBLESSED
    Guest

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    Geez G4JC, just because you don't like Pokemon...

    On a side note, I am playing Pokemon White Version, which is seeing it's first week of release in Australia, and it's amazing... no demon chanting or ritual animal slaughters of any kind.

  3. #43
    Senior Member G4JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    664
    Rep Power
    8

    Post Re: POKEMON!

    Quote Originally Posted by trust_in_the_name View Post
    Nope. Pokemon is published and owned by the video game company Nintendo and was created by Satoshi Tajiri in 1996. The Pokemon Trading Card Game was first published in North America by Wizards of the Coast in 1999. However, with the release of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Game Boy Advance video games, The Pokemon Company took back the card game from Wizards of the Coast and started publishing the cards themselves.



    The idea of elements comes from classical Greece, millenia before Wicca, which was created in the 20th century. Moreover, Wicca has nothing to do with elementals. Wicca involves five elements, not elementals: air, fire, water, earth, and aether, and they are seen as symbolic.



    I doubt there is cursing on a Saturday morning cartoon.



    Classic slippery slope.



    Fiction! (Sorry to disappoint you. Pokemon are not real.)
    Thanks for correcting me, it was the PUBLISHER not the "creator" for Wizards of the Coast.My bad. :P
    And I already knew about the sell-out to Nintendo.

    Greece was equally pagan. Whether or not it stems from there is irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by library.thinkquest.org
    Greek religion was a predominant form of early Paganism and as a result their religion reflected many central ideas and concepts of earlier forms of Paganism, such as Druidism, both ancient and Modern and Witchcraft and Wicca. It was polytheistic, consisting of the worship of many Gods. The Greeks believed that the Gods would offer protection and guide their city-states. This belief was identical to other earlier forms of Paganism.
    Regarding cursing, I'm not talking about swearing. (Seen that on a few kids shows too though, lol)
    I'm talking about wizardy, spell-casting, and that kind of cursing. It's actually quite prominent in fantasy rpg and Saturday morning television...
    Pokémon Wiki - Curse -- Usage in TCG
    Regarding IRL examples, google "spell casting" "how to curse" or simply take a look at this blog. Found it on google as well: Cat's Rants - Confessions of an Occult Mastermind: Cursing/Controlling Spells

    Real occult believers can tell you it does work, but christians would argue Jesus covers all of it and it's fake anyway.
    When fiction is this close to reality you need to start questioning how far of "the line" you want to cross.

    Don't take my word for it or anyone elses. Pray to God, read his Word, and ask him to show you if it is wrong. This particularity important to anyone actually addicted to it.

    Here's a collection of articles via ChristianAnswers.net for further reading:
    Pokémon - a Christian perspective from the Christian Answers Network

  4. #44
    TheJesusFreak
    Guest

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    I just like it . And it really has nothing to do with the elemetns lol

    Because there are like 20 something types lol.

    I just dont want to read any of that because I have had enough nightmeres over that already.

    I believe us who have played this would be demonic by now if it really had that type of influence. Because if it is AT ALL an influence then we would be showing signs of being demonic lol

  5. #45
    Senior Member wolfywolfs's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    Quote Originally Posted by G4JC View Post
    Thanks for correcting me, it was the PUBLISHER not the "creator" for Wizards of the Coast.My bad. :P
    And I already knew about the sell-out to Nintendo.

    Greece was equally pagan. Whether or not it stems from there is irrelevant.


    Regarding cursing, I'm not talking about swearing. (Seen that on a few kids shows too though, lol)
    I'm talking about wizardy, spell-casting, and that kind of cursing. It's actually quite prominent in fantasy rpg and Saturday morning television...
    Pokémon Wiki - Curse -- Usage in TCG
    Regarding IRL examples, google "spell casting" "how to curse" or simply take a look at this blog. Found it on google as well: Cat's Rants - Confessions of an Occult Mastermind: Cursing/Controlling Spells

    Real occult believers can tell you it does work, but christians would argue Jesus covers all of it and it's fake anyway.
    When fiction is this close to reality you need to start questioning how far of "the line" you want to cross.

    Don't take my word for it or anyone elses. Pray to God, read his Word, and ask him to show you if it is wrong. This particularity important to anyone actually addicted to it.

    Here's a collection of articles via ChristianAnswers.net for further reading:
    Pokémon - a Christian perspective from the Christian Answers Network
    its a freaking game get over it the only time christian organisation moan abiut these things is because their fun and their worried that children wont go to church becasue there playing pokemon "o no what are we gona do (que crying)" "i know" says the crying vicar "we will spread lies and say its demonic and evil and goes against god and if children play it they will go to hell if scare the living hell out of them then theyll be with us forever" this happen all the time with video games harry potter his dark materials trilogy those people need to shut up and live life alittle P.S magic the gathering is an amazing game very hard tho

  6. #46
    TheJesusFreak
    Guest

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    Yes, actually. I am not saying we should be in it all of the time. But if it IS bad then shouldnt we know about it to be able to judge for ourselves and with god if a less experienced Chrisitan asks us?

    A very good christian younger sister of my youth pastor (she is still in high school but he is all graduated and stuff) reads like these weirdish books. As long as we dont do it so much that we pull away from god then shouldnt it be a good thing?

  7. #47
    Senior Member wolfywolfs's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesusFreak View Post
    Yes, actually. I am not saying we should be in it all of the time. But if it IS bad then shouldnt we know about it to be able to judge for ourselves and with god if a less experienced Chrisitan asks us?

    A very good christian younger sister of my youth pastor (she is still in high school but he is all graduated and stuff) reads like these weirdish books. As long as we dont do it so much that we pull away from god then shouldnt it be a good thing?

    if people really belive in a great being in a sky then why would a book that everyone know is just a fictional story have any effect it doesnt

  8. #48
    Senior Member G4JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    664
    Rep Power
    8

    Smile Re: POKEMON!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesusFreak View Post
    Yes, actually. I am not saying we should be in it all of the time. But if it IS bad then shouldnt we know about it to be able to judge for ourselves and with god if a less experienced Chrisitan asks us?

    A very good christian younger sister of my youth pastor (she is still in high school but he is all graduated and stuff) reads like these weirdish books. As long as we dont do it so much that we pull away from god then shouldnt it be a good thing?
    Yes, we should. Scripture says to judge according to the Word of God.
    It's also important for a young believe in the Lord as you mentioned. Perhaps he/she has been struggling with an addiction and/or the occult. Should we simply shrug it off, or pray with them and carefully consider if it would be a good idea to stop reading, listening, and playing this type of entertainment so they can have some time with God.

    Brother Wolfy, I'll pray for you.

  9. #49
    Senior Member wolfywolfs's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    Quote Originally Posted by G4JC View Post
    Yes, we should. Scripture says to judge according to the Word of God.
    It's also important for a young believe in the Lord as you mentioned. Perhaps he/she has been struggling with an addiction and/or the occult. Should we simply shrug it off, or pray with them and carefully consider if it would be a good idea to stop reading, listening, and playing this type of entertainment so they can have some time with God.

    Brother Wolfy, I'll pray for you.
    o god she needs her daily fix of harry potter =D

  10. #50
    Senior Member G4JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    664
    Rep Power
    8

    Lightbulb Re: POKEMON!

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfywolfs View Post
    o god she needs her daily fix of harry potter =D
    lol... xD

    Why Harry Potter is dangerous for our children?

  11. #51
    Jesusfan2
    Guest

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    but look in just word : pokeMON, deMON... In lithuanian language MON is the evil. I am not gona change my opinion about POKEMONS. Here humans can chose what ever they want... I can't change theyr minds... so. Thats all what i wanted to say...

    HAve a nice day
    God bless you
    Ruth

  12. #52
    Senior Member wolfywolfs's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    Quote Originally Posted by G4JC View Post
    there been groups saying its evil and demonic and christin shouldnt read where you been man :P

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    829
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesusfan2 View Post
    but look in just word : pokeMON, deMON... In lithuanian language MON is the evil. I am not gona change my opinion about POKEMONS. Here humans can chose what ever they want... I can't change theyr minds... so. Thats all what i wanted to say...

    HAve a nice day
    God bless you
    Ruth
    You are REEEEAAAAALLY reaching with this argument... I mean REEAAAALLY reaching. First of all, your argument about the lithuanian language is completely invalid because Pokemon... IS JAPANESE (and means pocket monster in case you were wondering). Just because the word means something bad in another language does not automatically make it bad. It's a cultural thing and the only language who's translation should automatically give it it's meaning, is the language that created it. Example: Dr. Pepper. There was a huge ad campaign a while ago for Dr. Pepper that sang, "I'm a pepper, he's a pepper, she's a pepper," but when they tried to run the successful American campaign in England, there was an uproar because over there the word "pepper" means prostitue. Does that mean we're all drinking Dr. Hooker now? No! And it certainly didn't mean that soda was officially associated with prostitution and encouraged kids to become pimps and prostitutes.

  14. #54
    P-2-BGeekyJess
    Guest

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    I dont believe that Pokemon has anything demonic attatched to it, it's simply a game. I used to " play" Pokemon when I was younger..then it got boring lol. It's not like Pokemon are real,"monsters" dont exist.

  15. #55
    Senior Member wolfywolfs's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    Quote Originally Posted by VikkiKate89 View Post
    You are REEEEAAAAALLY reaching with this argument... I mean REEAAAALLY reaching. First of all, your argument about the lithuanian language is completely invalid because Pokemon... IS JAPANESE (and means pocket monster in case you were wondering). Just because the word means something bad in another language does not automatically make it bad. It's a cultural thing and the only language who's translation should automatically give it it's meaning, is the language that created it. Example: Dr. Pepper. There was a huge ad campaign a while ago for Dr. Pepper that sang, "I'm a pepper, he's a pepper, she's a pepper," but when they tried to run the successful American campaign in England, there was an uproar because over there the word "pepper" means prostitue. Does that mean we're all drinking Dr. Hooker now? No! And it certainly didn't mean that soda was officially associated with prostitution and encouraged kids to become pimps and prostitutes.
    i do fancy some dr. hooke... i mean dr pepper right now :P thats stuff is like a drink of the gods

  16. #56
    Senior Member wolfywolfs's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    551
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    im gona get out my old poke deck and RULE THE WORLD MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA because apperntly i have that power

  17. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    829
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfywolfs View Post
    i do fancy some dr. hooke... i mean dr pepper right now :P thats stuff is like a drink of the gods
    Yes on the pepper, no on the hooker lol. Dr. Pepper is the nectar of the gods!

  18. #58
    Paulele
    Guest

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    No way is it demonic. =( I sleep with a stuffed totodile. Toto is pure bliss. No evil in him at all.

  19. #59
    BeauBLESSED
    Guest

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    !mufinzlol <3

  20. #60
    Kooper
    Guest

    Default Re: POKEMON!

    Dah Pokemans are be of teh evil one!!! Gotta Burn em all!!!


    Anyway, Digimon are waaaay cooler.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pokemon friend codes for Nintendo D.S.
    By megaman_1983 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2011, 02:14 AM